Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#51 sune_Gem
Member since 2006 • 12463 Posts
[QUOTE="sune_Gem"][QUOTE="TwiddleChimp"][QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

I have the slightest urge to draw something non-pony related...

:o 

TwiddleChimp

That's not necessarily a bad thing.  Drawing from many aspects of life and imagination can only be benefical to your later pony works. 

It would be like that time when I never knew of ponies and used to draw other things...

It's not that long ago, yet it seems like I've improved a lot since then.

I don't like to think of a time where I don't draw ponies, but I hope all this time spent of those equines will show in my way later works. 

Let's see some of your earlier works from a time when you didn't know of MLP. :P

Here's one of mine...

It's dark as Luna's night, and is impossible to make out on some monitors! The side of the dragon is horrible and the background looks really iffy. I don't make silly mistakes like that anymore. :oops:

TwiddleChimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 TwiddleChimp
Member since 2011 • 1878 Posts
[QUOTE="TwiddleChimp"][QUOTE="sune_Gem"][QUOTE="TwiddleChimp"][QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

sune_Gem

That's not necessarily a bad thing.  Drawing from many aspects of life and imagination can only be benefical to your later pony works. 

It would be like that time when I never knew of ponies and used to draw other things...

I don't like to think of a time where I don't draw ponies, but I hope all this time spent of those equines will show in my way later works. 

Let's see some of your earlier works from a time when you didn't know of MLP. :P

Here's one of mine...

It's dark as Luna's night, and is impossible to make out on some monitors! The side of the dragon is horrible and the background looks really iffy. I don't make silly mistakes like that anymore. :oops:

I don't have anything on hoof, but trust me - you don't want to see them.  Most of my really early stuff is terrible Dragonball fanart, and then I went through a Silent Hill macabre phase.

Ironically, I only really got serious with drawing once I started working with cartoon ponies.  Go figure.

And I really, really like that right there.  The lighting is awesome, and . . . well, it's just plain awesome.  I wish I could paint like you. :(  Still working on that. 

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 sune_Gem
[QUOTE="sune_Gem"][QUOTE="TwiddleChimp"][QUOTE="sune_Gem"][QUOTE="TwiddleChimp"][QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

TwiddleChimp

Here's one of mine...

*Picture*

I don't have anything on hoof, but trust me - you don't want to see them.  Most of my really early stuff is terrible Dragonball fanart, and then I went through a Silent Hill macabre phase.

Ironically, I only really got serious with drawing once I started working with cartoon ponies.  Go figure.

And I really, really like that right there.  The lighting is awesome, and . . . well, it's just plain awesome.  I wish I could paint like you. :(  Still working on that. 

It feels like such a simple thing to get down to the digital painting for me. It's the line art and planning which I find a chore of difficulty. I can't wait to get the line art out the way usually so I can start painting it all. It seems it's the opposite to you though, that you enjoy the line art and dispise the painting. You excel miles over me in line art. :oops:

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 sune_Gem

Hmm... if I got my tablet sorted out; me, sune_Gem and Twiddlechimp should make an epic picture in flockdraw?

Oh, by the way, Suney! I'm going to my dad's next week so I'll be on Halo Reach. Fancy a game sometime? 

meconate

Sure, to both questions. :)

It might be nice to take a break from getting killed by demons, undead and dragons every 10 seconds.

TwiddleChimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 TwiddleChimp
[QUOTE="TwiddleChimp"][QUOTE="sune_Gem"][QUOTE="TwiddleChimp"][QUOTE="sune_Gem"][QUOTE="TwiddleChimp"][QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

sune_Gem

Here's one of mine...

*Picture*

I don't have anything on hoof, but trust me - you don't want to see them.  Most of my really early stuff is terrible Dragonball fanart, and then I went through a Silent Hill macabre phase.  Also trying to work on that.

It feels like such a simple thing to get down to the digital painting for me. It's the line art and planning which I find a chore of difficulty. I can't wait to get the line art out the way usually so I can start painting it all. It seems it's the opposite to you though, that you enjoy the line art and dispise the painting. You excel miles over me in line art. :oops:

Thank you for the compliment. :)  I think I enjoy lineart more because I'm techincal when I draw, and lineart is precise and reliable.  Whereas painting seems to be a little more whimsical and expressive.

That and I severely lack experience with it. 

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 sune_Gem
[QUOTE="sune_Gem"][QUOTE="TwiddleChimp"][QUOTE="sune_Gem"][QUOTE="TwiddleChimp"][QUOTE="sune_Gem"][QUOTE="TwiddleChimp"][QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

TwiddleChimp

Here's one of mine...

*Picture*

I don't have anything on hoof, but trust me - you don't want to see them.  Most of my really early stuff is terrible Dragonball fanart, and then I went through a Silent Hill macabre phase.  Also trying to work on that.

Thank you for the compliment. :)  I think I enjoy lineart more because I'm techincal when I draw, and lineart is precise and reliable.  Whereas painting seems to be a little more whimsical and expressive.

Have you tried any painting at all yet since I gave you those tips? :)

TwiddleChimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 TwiddleChimp
[QUOTE="TwiddleChimp"][QUOTE="sune_Gem"][QUOTE="TwiddleChimp"][QUOTE="sune_Gem"][QUOTE="TwiddleChimp"][QUOTE="sune_Gem"][QUOTE="TwiddleChimp"][QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

sune_Gem

Here's one of mine...

*Picture*

Have you tried any painting at all yet since I gave you those tips? :)

Not really. :oops: But that's simply because I haven't had anything worth painting, not because I haven't taken your advice to heart.  In fact, I haven't hardly drawn much until just . . . yesterday, actually.

Genesis_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#59 Genesis_123
Member since 2008 • 3948 Posts
Hmmm, I need to draw something soon. When I have a bit of free time and when I'm in the mood, I'll make something up.
sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 sune_Gem

Hmmm, I need to draw something soon. When I have a bit of free time and when I'm in the mood, I'll make something up.Genesis_123

Ponies with beards (Fluttershy too) dancing on the moon!

That is... if it's ok with you... :oops:

Genesis_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Genesis_123

[QUOTE="Genesis_123"]Hmmm, I need to draw something soon. When I have a bit of free time and when I'm in the mood, I'll make something up.sune_Gem

Hmmm..... 

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 sune_Gem
[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

[QUOTE="Genesis_123"]Hmmm, I need to draw something soon. When I have a bit of free time and when I'm in the mood, I'll make something up.Genesis_123

Hmmm..... 

Please?...

spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

latest work of art
drawing of my mannequin

Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Sandulf29
Member since 2010 • 14330 Posts

boobs :shock:

nicely drwn. Only complaint is that arm looks weird s if it is bended 

spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 spawnassasin

boobs :shock:

nicely drwn. Only complaint is that arm looks weird s if it is bended 

Sandulf29

arms do bend ya know:P

and i was drawing from this

http://i.imgur.com/u5FKj.jpg 

Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Sandulf29
I think I didn't say it well. I meant the way shoulder was drawn. It looks kinda bent IMO
sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 sune_Gem

I think I didn't say it well. I meant the way shoulder was drawn. It looks kinda bent IMOSandulf29

I do see where he's coming from, nonetheless though it's a very good job!

spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 spawnassasin

[QUOTE="Sandulf29"]I think I didn't say it well. I meant the way shoulder was drawn. It looks kinda bent IMOsune_Gem

I do see where he's coming from, nonetheless though it's a very good job!

i think i sorta see it now
probably should have used an HB intead of a 2B

spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 spawnassasin

latest piece of work

still working on it though should be done by the end of the weekend 

Avatar image for ChrisSpartan117
ChrisSpartan117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ChrisSpartan117
Member since 2008 • 4519 Posts
Oh, I read you lost your drawing tablet, SuneGem. That kinda sucks. I also heard it was in the middle of doing a comic, what was it going to be about?
sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 sune_Gem

Oh, I read you lost your drawing tablet, SuneGem. That kinda sucks. I also heard it was in the middle of doing a comic, what was it going to be about?ChrisSpartan117

Ponies! :P

TwiddleChimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 TwiddleChimp

[QUOTE="ChrisSpartan117"]Oh, I read you lost your drawing tablet, SuneGem. That kinda sucks. I also heard it was in the middle of doing a comic, what was it going to be about?sune_Gem

LOL!  I haven't read DOOM, but I'm curious now. 

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 sune_Gem
[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

[QUOTE="ChrisSpartan117"]Oh, I read you lost your drawing tablet, SuneGem. That kinda sucks. I also heard it was in the middle of doing a comic, what was it going to be about?TwiddleChimp

DOOM

Now you have... :lol:

EDIT: Everytime I'm blown away by how awesome it is!

TwiddleChimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 TwiddleChimp
[QUOTE="TwiddleChimp"][QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

[QUOTE="ChrisSpartan117"]Oh, I read you lost your drawing tablet, SuneGem. That kinda sucks. I also heard it was in the middle of doing a comic, what was it going to be about?sune_Gem

. . . :lol: 

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 sune_Gem
[QUOTE="sune_Gem"][QUOTE="TwiddleChimp"][QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

[QUOTE="ChrisSpartan117"]Oh, I read you lost your drawing tablet, SuneGem. That kinda sucks. I also heard it was in the middle of doing a comic, what was it going to be about?TwiddleChimp

It's a masterpiece!

TwiddleChimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 TwiddleChimp
[QUOTE="TwiddleChimp"][QUOTE="sune_Gem"][QUOTE="TwiddleChimp"][QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

It's a masterpiece!

Oh hai, Mark. :P 

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 sune_Gem
I want to draw... :cry:
TwiddleChimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 TwiddleChimp

I want to draw... :cry:sune_Gem

At least you always have good ol' fashioned pencil and paper. 

AveryMarx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#79 AveryMarx
Member since 2004 • 7843 Posts
[QUOTE="TwiddleChimp"][QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

That could totally be apadted and become epic-er! 

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 sune_Gem

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]I want to draw... :cry:TwiddleChimp

At least you always have good ol' fashioned pencil and paper. 

I've tried, it's just not the same...

strangeisland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 strangeisland
Member since 2009 • 1153 Posts

what i had to do for homework

it specifically had to have a skull, a human figure, a cat, a bird, a candle, chair, table and fireplace and nothing more 

AveryMarx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#82 AveryMarx
Member since 2004 • 7843 Posts
A fun challenge :P
sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 sune_Gem

what i had to do for homework

it specifically had to have a skull, a human figure, a cat, a bird, a candle, chair, table and fireplace and nothing more 

strangeisland

That's some interesting homework!

strangeisland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 strangeisland
Member since 2009 • 1153 Posts

bumped for maya awesomeness :P

some random texture from the internet, ill probably paint it for the final 

Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Sandulf29
Okay finished setting up my deviantART account. Remember the CD cover I designed for meconate's album, I tweaked it a bit an submitted it on dA. You can see it here
sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 sune_Gem
Oil_Rope_Bombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Oil_Rope_Bombs
Member since 2010 • 2667 Posts
Y'all are making me jelly :P I still have to get a tablet :( I don't even know if I'll be good lol.
sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 sune_Gem

Y'all are making me jelly :P I still have to get a tablet :( I don't even know if I'll be good lol. Oil_rope_bombs

I just want to clarify that I didn't draw what I just posted... :oops:

Genesis_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Genesis_123
Poor Lugia :(
sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 sune_Gem

Poor Lugia :(Genesis_123

Pfft, he has his own feature length movie!

Genesis_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Genesis_123

sune_Gem

Lugia doesn;t have a gender, and if it did, Lugia'd be a she :P

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 sune_Gem
[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

Genesis_123

Lugia doesn;t have a gender, and if it did, Lugia'd be a she :P

Lugia sounds like a guy on the movie though!

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 sune_Gem

I seen this and thought "OH MAI GOODNESS WADDAFUDGE BBQ!" and decided to show you.

How realistically can you possibly draw?!

ChrisSpartan117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 ChrisSpartan117

I seen this and thought "OH MAI GOODNESS WADDAFUDGE BBQ!" and decided to show you.

How realistically can you possibly draw?!

sune_Gem

The picture on the right is real life, and the man who painted it, had never been at this location for 30 years.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#95 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

The picture on the right is real life, and the man who painted it, had never been at this location for 30 years.

ChrisSpartan117

You mean the left? :P 

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#96 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

Doodling during class. lol

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 sune_Gem

Rikusaki

Your grade will be maxed out now.

Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Sandulf29

Rikusaki
i always hated mechanics
sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 sune_Gem
My super mega masterpiece picture wasn't too good, but I think I know where I went wrong in it and will try again with hopefully better results soon.
ChrisSpartan117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 ChrisSpartan117
The first part of my next fanfic is here. I'm pretty sure Equestria Daily will accept this simply for its crossover nature. I don't think it's going to be as good as My Dates With the Mane Six, but it will probably get more views in the long run.