lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 lordmew
Member since 2009 • 1315 Posts

I certainly prefer Skyward Sword to Skyrim. 

It's not even a close contest.  

ktulu007

As said earlier its a personal opinion.

In skyward sword you would get to follow a story which might or might not be amazing. In skyrim you get to walk around and do everything you want all day long. (Skyrim : The Norway simulator) 

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#52 Balmane
Member since 2008 • 13255 Posts
[QUOTE="ktulu007"]

lordmew

As said earlier its a personal opinion.

In skyward sword you would get to follow a story which might or might not be amazing. In skyrim you get to walk around and do everything you want all day long. (Skyrim : The Norway simulator) 

:lol:

Well I am in a win-win situation..... I like both :D 

Avatar image for irishdude199210
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 irishdude199210
Member since 2010 • 2517 Posts

ktulu007

Kinda guessed that considering you don't like the edler scrolls games :P

@lordmew

You get to do anything you want in Norway? :P

lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 lordmew
In Norway we got 110% frost resistance and kill dragons with our bare hands. Physics have to obey our wish too.
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 irishdude199210

In Norway we got 110% frost resistance and kill dragons with our bare hands. Physics have to obey our wish too.lordmew

I'd say us Irish have a pretty good forst resistance too, and we're immune to negative effects of mead etc. :P

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Balmane

[QUOTE="lordmew"]In Norway we got 110% frost resistance and kill dragons with our bare hands. Physics have to obey our wish too.irishdude199210

I'd say us Irish have a pretty good forst resistance too, and we're immune to negative effects of mead etc. :P

Well I like to think the Irish are capeable of much more than that :P 

ktulu007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#57 ktulu007
Member since 2004 • 41725 Posts

When did this become a Nationalism thread? 

lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 lordmew

When did this become a Nationalism thread? 

ktulu007

When skyrim was involved, everyone knows Norwegians were pushed out of the game since they would become too powerful 

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Balmane
They are the Vikings..... I think, gotta go around messing the place :P
maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#60 maniamsmart
Member since 2006 • 12069 Posts

I watched the review for the new Oblivion game. Red Dead Redemption got a higher score though. Do you think that WRPG was better than Skyrim?

FFFU Fantasy Check Mark. 

irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 irishdude199210

I watched the review for the new Oblivion game. Red Dead Redemption got a higher score though. Do you think that WRPG was better than Skyrim?

FFFU Fantasy Check Mark.

maniamsmart

Skyrim is a WRPG....

maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#62 maniamsmart
Member since 2006 • 12069 Posts
[QUOTE="maniamsmart"]

FFFU Fantasy Check Mark.

irishdude199210

Skyrim is a WRPG....

Iknow, both RDR and Skyrim are. But which do you think was better, GS thinks RDR.
lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 lordmew
[QUOTE="irishdude199210"][QUOTE="maniamsmart"]

FFFU Fantasy Check Mark.

maniamsmart

Skyrim is a WRPG....

Iknow, both RDR and Skyrim are. But which do you think was better, GS thinks RDR.

Think about one thing, FF was the game that made the RPG genre start up. Without FF Skyrim would probably not be made... Hmm! 

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Balmane

Smartz... RDR isn't a WRPG. It's a sandbox action third person shooter adventure game :P 

D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#65 D3dr0_0
Member since 2008 • 3530 Posts
[QUOTE="maniamsmart"][QUOTE="irishdude199210"][QUOTE="maniamsmart"]

FFFU Fantasy Check Mark.

lordmew

Skyrim is a WRPG....

Think about one thing, FF was the game that made the RPG genre start up. Without FF Skyrim would probably not be made... Hmm! 

Not sure if your being sarcastic. 

irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 irishdude199210

Smartz... RDR isn't a WRPG. It's a sandbox action third person shooter adventure game :P

Balmane

Exactly.

Besides, I only played RDR for 2 hours before getting bored. Altough I'm getting bored of Skyrim too and I've only played it for 70 hours.

lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 lordmew
[QUOTE="lordmew"][QUOTE="maniamsmart"][QUOTE="irishdude199210"][QUOTE="maniamsmart"]

FFFU Fantasy Check Mark.

D3dr0_0

Skyrim is a WRPG....

Nope wasn`t sarcastic. FF was the first game in the RPG genre. Without FF the modern RPGs may not have exicted 

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Balmane
[QUOTE="Balmane"]

irishdude199210

Exactly.

Besides, I only played RDR for 2 hours before getting bored. Altough I'm getting bored of Skyrim too and I've only played it for 70 hours.

The story kept me going. But the gameplay bored me. 

ktulu007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ktulu007
[QUOTE="D3dr0_0"][QUOTE="lordmew"][QUOTE="maniamsmart"][QUOTE="irishdude199210"][QUOTE="maniamsmart"]

FFFU Fantasy Check Mark.

lordmew

Skyrim is a WRPG....

Nope wasn`t sarcastic. FF was the first game in the RPG genre. Without FF the modern RPGs may not have exicted 

The original FF was heavily influenced by Dungeons and Dragons which has also had a huge influence on many WRPGs. 

lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 lordmew
[QUOTE="lordmew"][QUOTE="D3dr0_0"][QUOTE="lordmew"][QUOTE="maniamsmart"][QUOTE="irishdude199210"][QUOTE="maniamsmart"]

FFFU Fantasy Check Mark.

ktulu007

Skyrim is a WRPG....

The original FF was heavily influenced by Dungeons and Dragons which has also had a huge influence on many WRPGs. 

Well the Dungeons and Dragons is a card/bord game isnt it. Final Fantasy is what made game makers look into the wast world of RPG`s. There were two games that held the banner of RPG gaming, Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. One was made by the former Square and the secound was made by the former Enix. Even if it was influenced by D&D then it doesnt change the fact that almost every game had a close aspect to those games.

ktulu007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ktulu007

No one is going to argue that they didn't have a huge impact on RPGs. 

D&D has just had a far bigger impact. 

irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 irishdude199210
[QUOTE="ktulu007"][QUOTE="lordmew"][QUOTE="D3dr0_0"][QUOTE="lordmew"][QUOTE="maniamsmart"][QUOTE="irishdude199210"][QUOTE="maniamsmart"]

FFFU Fantasy Check Mark.

lordmew

Skyrim is a WRPG....

Well the Dungeons and Dragons is a card/bord game isnt it. Final Fantasy is what made game makers look into the wast world of RPG`s. There were two games that held the banner of RPG gaming, Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. One was made by the former Square and the secound was made by the former Enix. Even if it was influenced by D&D then it doesnt change the fact that almost every game had a close aspect to those games.

Hold on here, Dragon Quest came out before Final Fantasy.

Oh, and is Demon's Souls and Dark Souls JRPGs? (I would think so, even though they are different to the usual formula)

If so, then they are my favourite JRPGs of the last 4 years. (retracting my earlier statement that Valkyrie Chronicles was)

lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 lordmew
Even though Dragons Quest came out earlier, it still didnt have the power and the set up to make the genre popular, thats when FF joined the table and had this gameplay setup that is standard today. Dragons quest made RPG popular in Japan, Final Fantasy made the hole world know about RPG`s.
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Balmane
Can't complain with you there Lordmew :P
D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#75 D3dr0_0
Member since 2008 • 3530 Posts
[QUOTE="D3dr0_0"][QUOTE="lordmew"][QUOTE="maniamsmart"][QUOTE="irishdude199210"][QUOTE="maniamsmart"]

FFFU Fantasy Check Mark.

lordmew

Skyrim is a WRPG....

Well The Elder Scrolls doesn't resemble Final Fantasy at all. It follows Dungeons & Dragons a lot more due to the fact you create your character and determine what it's race, stats and class are at the begining of the game. They also allow you to make decisions that have different outcomes and a big interactive world.

ktulu007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ktulu007

Even though Dragons Quest came out earlier, it still didnt have the power and the set up to make the genre popular, thats when FF joined the table and had this gameplay setup that is standard today. Dragons quest made RPG popular in Japan, Final Fantasy made the hole world know about RPG`s.lordmew

I wouldn't say that. Dragon Warrior was my first RPG when I was four/five and I'm not Japanese.  

lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 lordmew

[QUOTE="lordmew"]Even though Dragons Quest came out earlier, it still didnt have the power and the set up to make the genre popular, thats when FF joined the table and had this gameplay setup that is standard today. Dragons quest made RPG popular in Japan, Final Fantasy made the hole world know about RPG`s.ktulu007

I wouldn't say that. Dragon Warrior was my first RPG when I was four/five and I'm not Japanese.  

That is your case, probably not many that bought Dragon Warrior before FF. You have to look  at the hole case, at it says that FF gathered more players outside Japan than Dragon Warror did. You cant deny it with your own personal experience, if so then I can say Pokemon Gold was the better of Gold and Silver, even though Silver sold more...... 

irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 irishdude199210
[QUOTE="ktulu007"]

[QUOTE="lordmew"]Even though Dragons Quest came out earlier, it still didnt have the power and the set up to make the genre popular, thats when FF joined the table and had this gameplay setup that is standard today. Dragons quest made RPG popular in Japan, Final Fantasy made the hole world know about RPG`s.lordmew

That is your case, probably not many that bought Dragon Warrior before FF. You have to look at the whole case, at it says that FF gathered more players outside Japan than Dragon Warror did. You cant deny it with your own personal experience, if so then I can say Pokemon Gold was the better of Gold and Silver, even though Silver sold more......

(*whole case)

Anyway, I'd have to agree with lordmew that you have to look at things on an international level rather than personal experiences. I'd imagine which ever series you bought a game for first is probably your preferred series e.g If you bought FF first then it'll likely be your favourite and vice versa.

But speaking purely in popularity terms and 'defining the genre', I would say FF is more popular but both games defined the traditional formula. But if I had to choose one game that really showed what an RPG game is to the casual gamer, then that game would be FF7. I've never played it, but all respectable gamers have heard of it.

ktulu007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ktulu007

FF VII helped stimulate Playstation sales significantly.

It may not be my favourite Final Fantasy game, but it's had a massive impact.   

lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 lordmew
I holeheartly agree with you on that one
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Balmane
Well currently on my quest to finish a JRPG known as Chrono Cross.... It may take quite some time :P
ktulu007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 ktulu007

Chrono Cross is good, if you don't mind all the extraneous characters. 

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Balmane
I don't mind all that. As long as the story is good and and the game play, which they are. So far anyway.
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 irishdude199210

I've heard alot of good things about that game so I'll eventually get around to playing it at some point.

I'd love to know what games ktulu actually *does* like. Some details in a game can be ignored for a better experience. No point complaining about everything. Just take things for what they are, nothing's ever going to be perfect.

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Balmane
If you are to play it you will need an emulator on your pc. Or an american ps2 or 3.
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 irishdude199210

If you are to play it you will need an emulator on your pc. Or an american ps2 or 3.Balmane

I've told you before man, I know a hell of alot about emulators ;)

ktulu007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 ktulu007

I've heard alot of good things about that game so I'll eventually get around to playing it at some point.

I'd love to know what games ktulu actually *does* like. Some details in a game can be ignored for a better experience. No point complaining about everything. Just take things for what they are, nothing's ever going to be perfect.

irishdude199210

I never said I didn't like it. I said it was good if that particular aspect isn't going to bother you. I have a copy of Chrono Cross and I've beaten it several times. But, since you seem to be having trouble determining what games I like, let's make a short list. 

The main Final Fantasy franchise excluding VIII, XI and XIV. I'm not including spin-offs like Tactics, Crystal Chronicles, Dirge of Cerberus and so on. But I do like some of the spin offs too.

The Persona franchise.

Chrono Trigger.

The Legend of the Dragoon.

Dragon Quest I-IX.

Skies of Arcadia.

X-men Legend I & II. 

Fire Emblem, every single game in the franchise but particularly The Blazing Sword.

Valkyrie Profile, every game I've played in the franchise.

Fallout 1 & 2. I didn't care for the third or any of the other later games.

Knights of the old Republic 1 & 2.

Tales of Phantashia/Symphonia/The Abyss.

Xenosaga trilogy.

Xenoblade.

Xenogears.  

I could go on for quite a while. You know, just because I criticise a game for having issues doesn't mean I dislike it. Â