The FFFU Final Battle V - The Advent Children Edition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 AlBeadFFx
Member since 2004 • 5813 Posts

Welcome to the hottest, revived thread game on GameSpot! The rules are set up just like last time with a few new changes, so everyone should feel most comfortable. This time I am Kadaj from Advent Children. However, I am currently not that important, let's go back over a few of the basics. Your job is survival. I know, finding a good way to make killing me the option would be cool, but I would have to do way too much work to figure that out without limiting the number of players. Each player may choose any 1 (one) character from a Final Fantasy game or movie. It must have Final Fantasy in the titles, and if I find out your character isn't really from and FF game you will be disqualified from the game. After selecting your character, regardless of if you decide to take an action or not, you will be in the game, so if you don't want to come back and find yourself dead, don't ask to be someone and then just leave. Of course, this only matter if you join the game after it starts, as you may join the battle at any time, and you always join with full hp, which is 9999hp, and full mp, which is 999mp. If you are dead you can indeed be revived, but if you are not revived within 2 days, 48 direct hours from you death you will be removed from the game temporarily. You can come back if someone revives you only after you say that you want back in. You do lower my timers by being around.

Of course the new action system is in effect. This system must be followed for actions to work. You must post both your action, hp changes that occurred if any, mp changes that occurred if any, your status at the time, and how long it will be before you can act again. I know, I have made this more complicated for you, but now you will know what I have to deal with, but also the price for more action. So here is the list I have. Love or hate it, it will be your list this game. I did finally add defend into this list with status ailments and am currently working on aeons/summons/espers/whatever they are also called.

Status Ailments
Poison – 1000 HP lost per person’s post, healed by antidote, remedy
Petrify – turned to stone, cannot act, if attacked, you are removed temporarily, healed by soft, remedy
Silence – cannot use magic, healed by echo screen, remedy
Curse – cannot use your limit break at all, healed by holy water
Berserk – continuously attacks every 30 min, only dealt to one player at a time, healed by remedy
Haste – speeds up normal actions, everything but Fire 3/Ice 3/Bolt 3/Flare/Holy/Ultima and the Limit Break is reduced by half time (ex. Potion action becomes 23 min), is cancelled by slow.
Slow – slows down everything, all actions are affected by this, action time is doubled (ex. Potion becomes 1hr 30 min), cancelled by haste.

Player Actions                                                                                                               
Attack - Slows my next action for 14 minutes minus 1 minute per player, to no less than 1 minute. You may act again in 30 minutes.
Limit Break - Slows my next action for 53 minutes minus 2 minutes per player, to no less than 15 minutes. You may act again in 6 hours. (You may use any limit you wish, but it only does this thing, call it what you want, you may have to make it up if you aren't from FFVII forward anyway. 

Potion - Recovers 3333hp to one target. You may act again in 45 minutes.
Hi-Potion - Recovers 5000hp to one target. You may act again in 1 hour and 15 minutes.
X-Potion - Recovers 9998hp to one target. You may act again in 3 1/2 hours
Phoenix Down - Revives on target with 3334hp. You may act again in 1 hour.
Ether - Restores 150mp to one target. You may act again in 4 hours.
Antidote/ soft/ echo screen/ holy water/ remedy – heals the corresponding ailment. You can act again in 45 min 

Cure - MP Cost: 12mp - Recovers 3333hp to one target. You may act again in 30 minutes.
Cure 2 - MP Cost: 20mp - Recovers 5000hp to one target. You may act again in 45 minutes
Cure 3 - MP Cost: 35mp - Recovers 9998hp to one target. You may act again in 2 1/2 hours.
Life - MP Cost: 50mp - Revives on target with 3334hp. You may act again in 30 minutes.
Life 2 - MP Cost: 150mp - Revives on target with 9999hp. You may act again in 3 hours. 

Fire/Ice/Bolt - MP Cost: 20mp - Slows my next attack for 14 minutes minus 1 minute per player, to no less than 1 minute. You may act again in 20 minutes.
Fire 2/Ice 2/Bolt 2 - MP Cost: 35mp - Slows my next attack for 28 minutes minus 2 minute per player, to no less than 2 minute. You may act again in 45 minutes.
Fire 3/Ice 3/Bolt 3/Flare/Holy/Ultima - MP Cost: 60mp - Slows my next action for 53 minutes minus 2 minutes per player, to no less than 15 minutes. You may act again in 5 hours.
Haste – MP Cost: 40mp – speeds up your action time, cuts it is half rounded up, see example in status ailments. You may act again in 30 min (this time unaffected by haste)
Shell - MP Cost: 20mp - Cuts magic damage in half for the next 6 hours. You may act again in 30 minutes.
Protect - MP Cost: 20mp - Cuts physical damage in half for the next 6 hours. You may act again in 30 minutes.

Now, I know that is a lot to work with, more than even I have, but I am trying to offer you guys a set of choices similar to a real FF game. Sorry I haven't worked out summons yet, I know everyone will be sad, but you can use them as Limits or something. But now on to my action list.

Kadaj’s Actions
Attack - Deals 3333 physical damage, can act again in 1 hour and 10 minutes minus 5 minutes per player, but no more than once every 20 minutes (that means once every 50 minutes with the base 4)
Bahamut summon – Deals 6666 magic damage to all players, can act again in 4 hours minus 2 minutes per player
Materia Blast – Deals 3333 magic damage to one player, can act again in 3 hours and 40 minutes minus 10 minutes per player, but no more than once every 1 1/2 hours (that mean once every 2 hours with the base 4)
Fiend Attack – Summon fiends deal 3333 physical damage to all, can't again in 3 hours and 40 minutes minus 10 minutes per player, but no more than once every 1 1/2 hours (that mean once every 2 hours with the base 4)
Find-the-head mini-game – can only be used by Kadaj after the post count 200. Kadaj deals 6666 damage to all players every 8 hours additional 5 minutes per player, also deals out random status ailments, unaffected by protect (still deals 6666 even with protect) only activated when Kadaj posts “Where is Mother?” Mini-game ends at my first post after 400.
Sephiroth Change – Changes me into Sephiroth for the rest of the game, can only be used when posts reach 400 and over, can act again in 30 min. 

Sephiroth’s Actions (after Sephiroth change)
Attack - Deals 3333 damage, can act again in 1 hour and 20 minutes minus 5 minutes per player, but no more than once every half hour (that means once an hour with the base 4)
Deen - Deals 3333 to all players, can act again in 3 hours and 40 minutes minus 10 minutes per player, but no more than once every 1 1/2 hours (that mean once every 2 hours with the base 4) May not be follow by Super Nova
Pale Horse - Give me control of the target until he is physically attack or cured by item or spell, I can take my first action as the character after 1 hour and 20 minutes minus 5 minutes per player, and then once every hour, each attack will damage as if it were one of my attacks. Can act again in 4 hours and 10 minutes minus 10 minutes per player, but no more than once every 2 hours (That means once every 3 1/2 hours with the base 4) May Not be follow by Super Nova
Shadow Flare - Deals 5000 damage, can act again after 2 hours and 10 minutes minus 10 minute per player but no more than once every 45 minutes (that means once every 1 1/2 hours with the base 4)
Heartless Angel - Drops target to 1 hp, can act again after 2 hours and 50 minutes minus 5 minutes per player but no more than once every 2 hours (that means every 2 1/2 hours with the base 4) May only be follow with Super Nova or Attack
Super Nova - Deals 8000 damage to all players, can act again in 9 hours minus 15 minutes per player but no more than once every 6 hours (that means every 8 hours with the base 4) May only be used every 12 hours 

We will be playing to 420 post plus 20 posts per player. However, since players can be lost to the death timer there is a bit more to say. Even if a character goes out to the death timer, a full 20 post will not be subtracted from the win total, only 10 will, thus solving any issues with those players getting in a number of actions and then dying. Then 10 more will be added on to the total if a removed player comes back.

That should cover all the bases. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me. Go ahead and pick your character, we will start at a time denoted in a PM sent some time after the minimum 4 players have joined.

*cues Jenova's Theme remix style or music from trailer* (cant decide which one)

AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 AlBeadFFx

Eztarg8 is Setzer. so we have one person.

STK3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 STK3000
Member since 2005 • 2790 Posts
I got Kaze again :P
zuntyh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 zuntyh
Member since 2005 • 3192 Posts
how long that would have taken to type... :P
AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AlBeadFFx
I am adding aeons from FFX to this battle! the specifics are gonna be posted here once i get a opinion from STK and KC.
liquid_s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 liquid_s
Member since 2005 • 7159 Posts
I dont like the sound of this.....SO I AINT PLAYING! *trots of to study for EXAMS!!!!* :D
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts
[QUOTE="liquid_s"]I dont like the sound of this.....SO I AINT PLAYING! *trots of to study for EXAMS!!!!* :D

yeap, it's only true that this will require commitment from the players, so, if you have exams, [like i do , too] , it's better to keep away, saves the other players' effort to "revive" you when you're dead.
AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AlBeadFFx
im lucky! i just finished exams last week
liquid_s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 liquid_s
im lucky! i just finished exams last weekAlBeadFFx
I now dont like you
Darmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Darmi
Member since 2004 • 5562 Posts
I call Red XIII :D
blademasterx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 blademasterx
Member since 2006 • 1305 Posts
Im squall leonheart.
liquid_s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 liquid_s
Im squall leonheart.blademasterx
naw naw, prove it
zuntyh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 zuntyh
Id be Vincent if i get a chance to understand all this and play
IceDefenseGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#14 IceDefenseGod
Member since 2005 • 3842 Posts
I have exam's, but I've always been a fan of the Final Battle games. Auron has returned!
faraz-azar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 faraz-azar
Member since 2006 • 630 Posts

do we have to b on like 24/7?cuz i leave the computer at like 11pm and i goto school from 9am(eastern)-4ish.

i just wanna know if thats bad. and an we play as ppl who were evil but turned good even for a slightest moment before they died like gabranth?:?

Kyoko15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Kyoko15
Member since 2005 • 1308 Posts
If you're a girl, do you have to be a girl character? If not then I'll be Cloud but if I do, then Tifa I guess.
STK3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 STK3000
do you want to be cloud, then go cloud dammit :P
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#18 IpodHero176
Member since 2006 • 16952 Posts

I'll be Cecil from FFIV.

Cecil(Paladin)

HP= 9999/9999

MP= 999/999

Do we have to put all that info that you did(like the action list)?

AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AlBeadFFx
Zun, ill teach you how to play through the FAQ thread its easy.
AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AlBeadFFx

to quote TheOdinson "*Busts through the wall like the Kool-Aid Man* OH YEAH!!!" We have our 4, in fact we have 9!!! thats our biggest number to start with in any single final battle.

Eztarg8 is Setzer
STK3000 is Kaze
Darmi is Red XIII
blademasterx is Squall
IceDefenseGod is Auron
Kyoko15 is Cloud
IpodHero176 is Cecil
Zuntyh is Vincent
Faraz-azar is Gabranth

If anyone need to find out anything, check the FAQ thread for your answers but dont check until tomorrow for the questions that were just posted today in this thread.

Kyoko15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kyoko15
Member since 2005 • 1308 Posts
Zun, ill teach you how to play through the FAQ thread its easy. AlBeadFFx
Will you teach me too?:P
AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AlBeadFFx

ill take care of most of the status but post at the end of your action like this:

Ex. Tidus uses potion on self

Tidus 9999 HP/ 999 MP/ status: protect, haste, shell/ next act in 23 min (due to haste)

AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AlBeadFFx
sure ill teach anyone that need to know about this game.
STK3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 STK3000
can you teach me im new to it :oops: but i stills swooped me and admin position *he shoots he scores*
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 IpodHero176

can you teach me im new to it :oops: but i stills swooped me and admin position *he shoots he scores*STK3000

Me too. Teach me.

Darmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Darmi
Member since 2004 • 5562 Posts
It's quite easy. There is that move list on the first post, you just do one of those player actions when it's your turn to attack, then wait the time it says and do another action. You have to work together as a team to survive to 500 posts or something in order to win. We lose if we all die before then.
blademasterx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 blademasterx
Member since 2006 • 1305 Posts
yeah im quite new to it so teach me please.
Sephiroth5102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 Sephiroth5102
Member since 2004 • 74 Posts
It's been a while since i joined one of these. I guess I'll be Makenshi from Final Fantasy Unlimited once again.
eztarg8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 eztarg8
Hmm i was hoping someone would choose a nobody character like Tellah. Yep give me some time to get used to the layout. Will the abilities list be posted in the battle thread? Who is our BRAIN wizard who knows who has how long and how much will be taken away with time? That really time consuming.
AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AlBeadFFx

First of all, go to the FAQ thread with your questions. im am updating is every day so always check there.just remember, the more you post right now in this thread doesnt affect the post count which is at 620. always go to the FAQ thread with question or even better PM them to me. im always open to a question about this game.

FAQ THREAD IS UPDATED WITH ALL YOUR QUESTIONS AND THEY ARE ANSWERED!!!!!!!
There is also a link to a previous final battle where we first changed to this system. it is us vs. Ultimecia. NEW PEOPLE TO THIS GAME, CHECK IT OUT!!!! IT WILL HELP YOU OUT!

AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AlBeadFFx
and before you ask when we start, the time will be sent through a telegram to all members of this union soon. so hang tight and wait patiently.
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kinetic-core

do we have to b on like 24/7?cuz i leave the computer at like 11pm and i goto school from 9am(eastern)-4ish.

i just wanna know if thats bad. and an we play as ppl who were evil but turned good even for a slightest moment before they died like gabranth?:?

faraz-azar
If you're a girl, do you have to be a girl character? If not then I'll be Cloud but if I do, then Tifa I guess.Kyoko15
yeah, you can play as anyone, just don't play as the main villains in FF titles. You can be ANYONE! :D Regardless of gender, age and race. About being on 24/7 ? I don't think so. The person that has to be "on like 24/7" would be Kadaj... since his actions are based on timer, that means, the busiest person would be the Host of this game. **Respects to the great Host (kowtows)** Teamwork is important. You'll not only take care of yourselves, you'll have to care about the other party members. Everyone's survival is crucial. Teamwork.. yes.. let's spell it together: T-E-A-M-W-O-R-K .
zuntyh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 zuntyh
Ok ill read FAQ after school :P
AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AlBeadFFx
everyone who is new should read it. i put in a link to the old Ultimecia battle and ill add the weigraf battle as well under it. both battles use this system and the weigraf one is almost set up like the one we're in.
AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AlBeadFFx

dont worry about the aeon thing in the FAQ thread. they wont be going up this battle yet. i have some fine tuning to do to their specialness. i will try my best to get them in for the next battle.

Plz dont post any farther than 5 more on this thread after me. that way its easier on me to find out where to stop.

IceDefenseGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 IceDefenseGod

It's been a while since i joined one of these. I guess I'll be Makenshi from Final Fantasy Unlimited once again. Sephiroth5102
Mitch! You're actually in!!! lol

IceDefenseGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 IceDefenseGod

If you're a girl, do you have to be a girl character? If not then I'll be Cloud but if I do, then Tifa I guess.Kyoko15

You can be whoever, wow. I didn't think of someone thinking they couldn't be a certain char. just because of their gender.

ALSO, I CAN HELP ANYONE WHO NEEDS TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY, JUST PM ME AND I'LL TELL YOU EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW. HOPEFULLY THIS LESSENS YOUR BURDEN AL BHED.

AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AlBeadFFx
it lightens it a little bit. i know what i officially have to due from a little speech from KC this morning about my duties.
Avatar image for McnabbsPHIeagle
McnabbsPHIeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 McnabbsPHIeagle
Member since 2006 • 752 Posts
Barrett...BOOYAH
AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 AlBeadFFx
people can still join! just to let you know, the final battle start time has been sent out to all participants. if someone else joins, i will PM you the start time ASAP.
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 IpodHero176
I can't find the FAQ.
AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 AlBeadFFx
its called Final Battle FAQ thread [link to trailer inside] it should be on the recent topics.
yuffiestrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 yuffiestrife
Member since 2006 • 352 Posts

can anyone join if so can i be yuffie

kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 kinetic-core

can anyone join if so can i be yuffie

yuffiestrife
yes, everyone is welcome to join! :D And since Yuffie isn't taken yet. You can be yuffie alright. :P Welcome to the fun.
eztarg8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 eztarg8
Umm i deleated my mail since i thought it said it already started atlike am... I don't know how to change west to east coast. Sat?
AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AlBeadFFx
it starts at midnight on the west coast. thats 1 am mountian, 2 am central, and 3 am atlantic on sunday.
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kinetic-core
i think it'll start on Sunday. Maybe a few hours difference, since you're on different time zones. But, the date will be 21 January when you can start posting. I think ABFFX may send another PM to all players again.
AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AlBeadFFx
i will do that.
Chaosknight69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 Chaosknight69
Member since 2006 • 6797 Posts
I would like to join and if he's available can I be either Vincent,Zell or Laguna? (I think thats how you spell his name :P)
Avatar image for CloudStrifeFF7a
CloudStrifeFF7a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 CloudStrifeFF7a
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

can i be squall

lv99

hp9999/9999