irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 irishdude199210
Member since 2010 • 2517 Posts

Well, having watched the entire show live last night (got 6 hours sleep because of it :P) I came away not overly impressed with the PS4. Most games

didn't showcase in-game graphics but I was impressed with Killzone's. I don't care about all this social interaction crap either. I might as well do a

pros/cons list:

Pros:

+ From what I've seen so far, great graphics. (Killzone and the Quantic Dream demo were particularly impressive)

+ Upload/download features while playing games is convenient.

+ 'Try' any game on the ps store sounds interesting.

+ Able to play downloadable games 'as soon as you hit download', apparently the data downloads as you play therefore there is no waiting on games to

fully download.

+ Apparently you can turn a game off and load in back in the exact same spot later, as if you had paused it.

+ Specs are pretty nice (8GB ram, 8 core processor )

Cons:

- I personally don't care about the social features much.

- No controversial topics discussed (backwards compatibility, used games etc.). These are major concerns.

- They didn't show the actual console yet.

- I don't like the UI.

There's a lot of things I'm indifferent about too, such as the touch pad on the controller. Anyway, what's your opinion on the ps4? Do you think it'll be

a big leap forward for games? Do you think we'll see less IPs due to increasing costs? Whatever's on your mind regarding the PS4, please don't hesitate to post your opinion

in this thread! :)

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Xx_Kares_xX
Member since 2009 • 1479 Posts

Just so you know there have been updates from interviews and such. The system is not at all backwards compatible, but there is nothing integrated to block used games. Those were my two biggest concerns too. Also note that when the PS4 launches there will be no way to transfer PSN titles too it so you won't be able to play any of your old downloaded games. They say they will try to integrate a way for you to play them later... but look how long it took them to make PSOne games playable on the Vita (in fact... is it possible to do so even now? I don't know I don't have a vita because they haven't released anything that's not a port/remake that looks at all interesting).

So yeah.. not impressed... then again when it comes to home consoles I haven't seen any real advances at all in gaming since the ps2... yeah the graphics have gotten better but who cares.

D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#3 D3dr0_0
Member since 2008 • 3530 Posts
I think that it's graphics are epic but the games they showed didn't interest me in the slightest. I know that they're saving everything up till E3 and Tokyo Gameshow.
Avatar image for irishdude199210
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 irishdude199210
Yeah, the games shown weren't great. I know ps3 discs aren't compatible but I heard something about eventually being able to play all ps games on the ps4 through streaming or something. E3 will be when we know pretty much everything about it. To be honest, there ain't jack shît stopping Sony from easily emulating ps1 and ps2 games. Those games really should just simply play when you insert the disc. I won't be buying the ps4 for a while anyway, at least a year or 2 after it comes out.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Xx_Kares_xX
The backwards compatibility doesn't really bug me, I like to keep all my old systems anyway so it wouldn't affect me at all.
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 Balmane
Member since 2008 • 13255 Posts

Ì enjoyed the show. I love the way you can stream your game and friends can watch you play. Controller is cool.

The games that stood out for me are Knack, Watch Dogs and Killzone.

Square-Enix disapointed me.

I was sad when they didn't show the console but they haven't finished making the design so we will have to wait till E3. 

irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 irishdude199210
Square-Enix showed the same crap they already showed at E3. I'm not even excited about the prospect of the new Final Fantasy mentioned. Watch Dogs looks ridiculous in my opinion. If my friends streamed their gameplay live I'd just go and troll them :P
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Xx_Kares_xX
Oh Square x.x even your fans are turning against you v.v it's really sad to me. Honestly I only stay around because they are still releasing interesting games for the handhelds... that and Nostalgia keeps bringing me back and I just can't get over it @.@
D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 D3dr0_0
Oh Square x.x even your fans are turning against you v.v it's really sad to me. Honestly I only stay around because they are still releasing interesting games for the handhelds... that and Nostalgia keeps bringing me back and I just can't get over it @.@Xx_Kares_xX
Yeah I know what you mean and hopefully they regain their old selves later.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Xx_Kares_xX
I highly doubt that will happen. I hope that Mistwalker actually steps up to the plate and takes their rightful place as king, but they just aren't releasing games fast enough for that to be the case, they are still a small developer.
JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 JukedSolid
Member since 2006 • 991 Posts
square and nintendo. They need some new blood on the PR team because if you don't have anything to say then don't say anything. I don't think there's going to be a huge difference between PS4 and PS3. The downloading changes they are making seem to be the most significant for me, but I'm worried it won't make a difference for people stuck with dsl internet connections.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Xx_Kares_xX
Screw the PR team, if a game is good enough it will sell on word of mouth alone. Go all the way back to the dev room and start from the ground up by not sucking.
JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JukedSolid
Precisely! The PR team needs to just be quiet rather than keep shoving the proverbial foot in their mouth. I highly doubt it tastes as good as they like to pretend.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Xx_Kares_xX
I predict right here, straight up that this next console gen will finally bring the crash we've all been expecting.
JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JukedSolid
Noted. By the time E3 hits, it will be make or break for some big names.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Xx_Kares_xX
I'm not expecting anything exciting out of E3 either... it's very rare in this day and age that new consoles actually bring out great games right after launch, it will all be the same tech demo crap we just saw for the ps4.
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 irishdude199210
You're forgetting that the PS3 had ridiculous architecture that was very hard to understand and develop games for. The PS4 uses a very well understood PC architecture meaning they're should be more games and less bugs in those games. Ideally, the length of time needed to make a game would also decrease. Launch time will be the time for new IPs to shine. I'd say there will be a few very good games released at launch. Either way, consoles will never have the same impact they've previously had again. Graphics are about as good as they're gonna get. You can't make games crazy realistic because that would make many of them controversial.
angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 angelbless
Member since 2003 • 8475 Posts
PS4 conference wasnt too good IMO, not big surprises, graphics didnt impress me (besides QD), huge dissapointment from SE, watchdogs and infamous dont look like next gen games and all the social thing well... :?
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Xx_Kares_xX
It doesn't matter that the PS4 is easy to make 4, the wii u didn't have anything exciting at launch, neither did the Xbox360, or the PS2... no console since the N64 has had a real quality title at launch (Mario 64).
D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 D3dr0_0
It doesn't matter that the PS4 is easy to make 4, the wii u didn't have anything exciting at launch, neither did the Xbox360, or the PS2... no console since the N64 has had a real quality title at launch (Mario 64). Xx_Kares_xX
Mario 64 was the only game to come out when the system launched too. I don't really see the PS4 launching with gold either.
JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JukedSolid
I'm with irishdude. I probably won't buy one until a few years down the line. They'll have a slim version by then lol
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Xx_Kares_xX
I will buy one when/if they release Kingdom Hearts 3 or Final Fantasy Type-0... that's pretty much it.
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 irishdude199210
PS1 launch titles weren't hat bad. Ridge Racer, Wipeout and Rayman were pretty popular. We got the ps1 about a year after it came out in europe (christmas present. I think so anyway, I don't remember the first time I saw the ps1 in action). The first games I ever played were Tekken 1 and Ridge Racer. I'm still a major Tekken fan.
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Balmane
Do we have to pay online for PS4 or is it still free?
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Xx_Kares_xX

I'm pretty sure it's free... they'd be stupid to go for a paid system now because everyone is smarter than that now.

Was Tekken a launch title? I agree it's a decent series.

irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 irishdude199210

I'm pretty sure it's free... they'd be stupid to go for a paid system now because everyone is smarter than that now.

Was Tekken a launch title? I agree it's a decent series.

Xx_Kares_xX

Not sure if it was actually a launch title, but it was part of one of those 'buy the console, get these 2 games too' bundle offers. If it wasn't a launch title it was pretty close to being one.

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Xx_Kares_xX
Well that's cool then. I actually never had Tekken 1 or 2... (until recently) but I played the crap out of 3 and to a lesser extent 4.
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Balmane
Tekken Tournement was my fave. I loved that game. I think it's the only one where I completed most of the unlockables and stuff.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Xx_Kares_xX
It always looked really good to me, but that's one I didn't pick up until earlier this year. I think it's far better than Tekken 4 was (something about Tekken 4 always felt kind of.. bland to me when compared to Tekken 3) I feel like Tekken Tag Tournament was a great mix between 3 and 4.
JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JukedSolid
they better not take out the free online play! That is honestly one of the only reasons I never got into XBOX was because I didn't want to pay monthly for live. Playstation! Quality for the miserly gamer! lol. Weird I'm a tekken guy as well. I don't play it very often though.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Xx_Kares_xX
I'm much more a Soul Calibur Fan (namely Soul Calibur's 2 and 3) that has to be my favorite fighting game/system ever... but I didn't know about it when I was younger, thus I grew up on Tekken. I'd like to find some other cool Fighting games to get into though, I'm having the urge to play something new in that sense. Any suggestions? And not Street Fighter x.x in fact, nothing by capcom, I refuse to give them my money while they continue to nickel and dime people with b.s. DLC practices... (same with EA)
lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#32 lordmew
Member since 2009 • 1315 Posts

That might be a problem, if you dont like Capcom, your fighting games are fairly limited since capcom got monoploy on almost the hole genre. Mortal Kombat is one that might be within the reach. Capcom has been smacked about for their DLC practises so much now, they probably know what people think. The next fighting game will be the deciding factor for many, if they release day one DLC for that, then they lose a lot of potential later consumers. If you didnt have the hatred for Capcom, then you could have bought MvC, Guilty Gear, King of Fighters and SFxT (which is like tekken...), your choice.

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Xx_Kares_xX

Guilty Gear isn't Capcom It's by Arc Systems. I've been thinking about trying that series out for a while, that and Blazblue... I Already have Continuum Shhift. I enjoyed the first 2 MvC games but refuse to pay that much money to unlock all te damn characters. I find Street Fighter Highly over rated (the game mechanics aren't that good, and the controls pale in comparison to Soul Calibur.. actually pretty much EVERY fighting game I've played feels really clunky compared to soul calibur) King of fighters is 'meh' I heart SFxT wasn't very good and every one panned it right away because of the DLC as well.

Oh and I also really want to get Persona 4 Arena (made by the people who make Blazblue and Atlus)

I have really mixed feeling about Capcom.. really the quality of their products has been moving down his since the PS2 era (well and of the PS2 era)

lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lordmew

Blazblue and Persona is good choices, but their online/competative scene vanished after some stuff happening in Dublin one year. Really few people play those two at the moment. On the other hand, those games dont have those really really iconic characthers like the other big fighting games.

SFxT was horribad in the beginning, but as I have heard they fixed most of it. Basicly SFxT had almost 100% of the matches end with a Timeout, now that they fixed that (less hp on characthers for example) makes it much less bad. MvC3 has two DLC characthers and skins, Jill and Shuma is not any good either (almost nobody buys them). However there is rumors about another MvC3 in the works, after constant nagging on Capcoms back, just as an heads up.

and I didnt know that Guilty Gear wasnt released by capcom, somehow I must have deluded myself into thinking that. Guilty Gear got those annoying insta-KO attacks, so I would back faaaar away 

D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 D3dr0_0
So we got a couple of fighters here I too am a fan of Tekken. Just got Tag Tournament 2 and it is glorious compared to 6. I hate Capcom this Gen too for their BS DLC practice and their fighting games have been getting dumbed down for 5 yr old.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Xx_Kares_xX

I don't really play online anyway... I'd basically be playing the computer and my friends... anyone else miss the days when you could actually sit on the same couch and play games with your friends instead of it ALL being online? Sorry went on another useless tangent.

I assume you are talking about Ultimate MvC3... because haven't they already had two versions of it? Idk I may just be  high. Like I said I haven't really been following them since their ethics went down the toilet so Idon't really know. The last game from them I really went out of my way to get was Okami (which I still haven't gotten around to playing x.x)

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Xx_Kares_xX
The last Tekken I bought was Dark ressurection on PSP... and that was one I bought off a friend for 5 bucks (when it was still fairly new actually). It seemed pretty good, 3 is still my favorite though.
lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lordmew

What do you mean "miss the days", my friends have come toghether up to 10 people to play Tekken and SF in one livingroom. Gets hectic and the fingers hurt when you are better than the button mashers (which 75% are). We are usualy getting together like that for either games or movies once a week, gives better conection to people.

And yeah it was Ultimate I was talking about, MvC3 and Ultimate is almost the same, but Ultimate got 8 new characthers and a new mode (still, they put Frank West, Strider, Ghost Rider and PW in the game). People want a totaly new MvC3 with real content, instead of capcom breaking a package of maybe around 18 characthers into 2 characthers DLC packages. 

D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 D3dr0_0
I don't miss those days since I still play with a lot of friends and family. We mostly play Tekken, Super Street Fighter 4 or Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3. Too bad they didn't like SFxT though.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Xx_Kares_xX
Psh x.x I need more friends like you guys lol. All of mine are usually busy with other things. My girlfriend and I only play Coop (which is great) and when my best friend comes over we generally spend time taking turns on single player games with great stories like Heavy Rain and Catherine.
JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JukedSolid
me and my bros seem to only get together to play fifa. We're football fanatics and that carries over for vidgames too. Honestly though, I'd like to play another game that isn't online more often lately.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Xx_Kares_xX
I've never been a real fan of sports games (well the 'realistic' ones anyway) I always used to get a kick out of games like NBA Street though. Actually, the main sport game I was into was motorcross games because I have a dirt bike of my own... but it didn't take me long to realize 'hey, if I reallywant to  have fun with this I can actually go out and ride!'
D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 D3dr0_0

I like sports, but hate sports games. They bore the crap out of me.

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Xx_Kares_xX
I learned the rules to American Football one weekend while stuck with family for the holiday... the only games they had on PS2 were Madden and Gran Turismo... it was... a very boring weekend.
D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 D3dr0_0
Sounds abysmal.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Xx_Kares_xX
It was x.x especially when I had Final Fantasy Tactics advance on my gba... but no batteries *cries*
JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 JukedSolid
ugh that does sound rough. Yes I would much prefer to play sports than play the game as well. I've had FIFA13 for over 2 months now and I still haven't touched it. in a way, it makes me feel wasteful
D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 D3dr0_0
That's all my bro plays when he could be playing other better games and the real deal>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>video games when it comes to sports.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Xx_Kares_xX

I agreee... especially sport simulators. I get fun sports games like.. say 'Wii Sports' or 'Mario Tennis' because they are so over the top and ridiculous that they are an experience you can't get in real life, but sports simulators just make me sleepy x.x

D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 D3dr0_0
Same with racers.