irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#152 irishdude199210
Member since 2010 • 2517 Posts

well it was only myself and Balmane for Black Ops, but it was fun! until my mic kept dying on me....

NEXT WEEK!

Uncharted 2
Uncharted 3 BETA
Assassin's Creed Brotherhoon

BE THERE! SATURDAY JULY 16th 9pm - 1am GMT!

AlBeadFFx

I think the uncharted 3 beta ends on the 14th :?

I won't be there for that gamenight. I've never played uncharted 2 online, and it's probably too late to start now.

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#153 Balmane
Member since 2008 • 13255 Posts
[QUOTE="AlBeadFFx"]

well it was only myself and Balmane for Black Ops, but it was fun! until my mic kept dying on me....

NEXT WEEK!

Uncharted 2
Uncharted 3 BETA
Assassin's Creed Brotherhoon

BE THERE! SATURDAY JULY 16th 9pm - 1am GMT!

irishdude199210

I think the uncharted 3 beta ends on the 14th :?

I won't be there for that gamenight. I've never played uncharted 2 online, and it's probably too late to start now.

It's never too late to play Uncharted 2! 

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#154 angelbless
Member since 2003 • 8475 Posts

Yep, it is never late :)

What about doing it un July 14th?

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Balmane

angelbless

That's a Thursday and some people will have work. 

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 angelbless
[QUOTE="angelbless"]

Balmane

True ... Albead, are you free that thursday? :(

AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 AlBeadFFx
Member since 2004 • 5813 Posts
[QUOTE="Balmane"][QUOTE="angelbless"]

angelbless

im one of those people who work....

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 angelbless
[QUOTE="angelbless"][QUOTE="Balmane"][QUOTE="angelbless"]

AlBeadFFx

im one of those people who work....

I see... :(

Avatar image for irishdude199210
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 irishdude199210
At last, I have obtained a new ps3! :D Can't wait to start playing again! (Only on my computer to get save data back :P )
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Balmane

At last, I have obtained a new ps3! :D Can't wait to start playing again! (Only on my computer to get save data back :P )irishdude199210

Awesome!! Do you get all your saves back? 

irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 irishdude199210

[QUOTE="irishdude199210"]At last, I have obtained a new ps3! :D Can't wait to start playing again! (Only on my computer to get save data back :P )Balmane

Not all of them because of the fact that some they are from a different ps3 :(

Also, I haven't backed my saves up in 2 months, so the last 2 months of data is gone. I'm gonna have to re-download all those psn games etc. again and the cod map pack :( I had 32 hours played in Fallout: new vegas, that's all gone now :(

I'll find out in 10 mins which saves aren't there. I really hope nothing important was lost (pretty much any rpg game would fall into that bracket).

Thank christ I got a new Hard drive 2 months ago, or else i would have never backed up those saves and hundreds of hours of work would be lost. Moral of story: Back up your saves!

irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 irishdude199210
Demon's Souls is gone! :cry:
AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 AlBeadFFx
[QUOTE="Balmane"]

[QUOTE="irishdude199210"]At last, I have obtained a new ps3! :D Can't wait to start playing again! (Only on my computer to get save data back :P )irishdude199210

Also, I haven't backed my saves up in 2 months, so the last 2 months of data is gone. I'm gonna have to re-download all those psn games etc. again and the cod map pack :( I had 32 hours played in Fallout: new vegas, that's all gone now :(

I'll find out in 10 mins which saves aren't there. I really hope nothing important was lost (pretty much any rpg game would fall into that bracket).

Thank christ I got a new Hard drive 2 months ago, or else i would have never backed up those saves and hundreds of hours of work would be lost. Moral of story: Back up your saves!

i shall go do that soon! aka, NOW!

clever-cookies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#164 clever-cookies
Member since 2011 • 96 Posts
[QUOTE="irishdude199210"][QUOTE="Balmane"]

[QUOTE="irishdude199210"]At last, I have obtained a new ps3! :D Can't wait to start playing again! (Only on my computer to get save data back :P )AlBeadFFx

Yeah, I feel yout pain. When my PS3 got stolen, I had to restart EVERY game again T_T. My main miff was the fact that some other A**hole probably sold that to someonne looking X-mas present:/

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Balmane
[QUOTE="AlBeadFFx"][QUOTE="irishdude199210"][QUOTE="Balmane"]

[QUOTE="irishdude199210"]At last, I have obtained a new ps3! :D Can't wait to start playing again! (Only on my computer to get save data back :P )clever-cookies

Yeah, I feel yout pain. When my PS3 got stolen, I had to restart EVERY game again T_T. My main miff was the fact that some other A**hole probably sold that to someonne looking X-mas present:/

Things seem to get to stolen from you alot. 

clever-cookies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 clever-cookies
Member since 2011 • 96 Posts
[QUOTE="clever-cookies"][QUOTE="AlBeadFFx"][QUOTE="irishdude199210"][QUOTE="Balmane"]

[QUOTE="irishdude199210"]At last, I have obtained a new ps3! :D Can't wait to start playing again! (Only on my computer to get save data back :P )Balmane

Things seem to get to stolen from you alot.

Not really. That was the only thing I stated which was stolen, I never said Black Ops was stolen. That was your thoughts.

maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#167 maniamsmart
Member since 2006 • 12069 Posts
[QUOTE="irishdude199210"][QUOTE="Balmane"]

[QUOTE="irishdude199210"]At last, I have obtained a new ps3! :D Can't wait to start playing again! (Only on my computer to get save data back :P )AlBeadFFx

By back up your saves... do you mean the online storage feature that Playstation Plus offers?
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Balmane
[QUOTE="AlBeadFFx"][QUOTE="irishdude199210"][QUOTE="Balmane"]

[QUOTE="irishdude199210"]At last, I have obtained a new ps3! :D Can't wait to start playing again! (Only on my computer to get save data back :P )maniamsmart

By back up your saves... do you mean the online storage feature that Playstation Plus offers?

That wouldn't be enough for the amount of games I have.

irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 irishdude199210
[QUOTE="maniamsmart"][QUOTE="AlBeadFFx"][QUOTE="irishdude199210"][QUOTE="Balmane"]

That wouldn't be enough for the amount of games I have.

No, don't use the ps+ storage unless you are going to be a member for a while! If you back up to the ps+ storage and you're not a member anymore, then you can't get them back until you sign up for it again.

There's a few ways to do it:

1) Use a (pretty big) USB stick/pen. Plug it in, then go to System Settings>back up. I said get a pretty big USB Stick because the back up data is more than you can estimate. My saves took up about half a gig, I had no music or game data or films or pictures or demos. Absolutely nothing but the saves! And yet my half a giig worth of saves amounted to almost 4 gigs of back up data! Check how much it'll take up (obviously) before deleting anything at all though! An 8GB USB should do (if you delete most of your downloads etc.)

2) Use an external HDD (hard drive). These cost alot more than your average USB Stick, (around $70 I would guess, because they're €60). This is an easier method if you're willing to pay the expense. The external HDD should have no problem taking EVERYTHING on your ps3's HDD (unless you have tons of data on your ps3, in which case, you'll have to pay another $50 or so for a big fat HDD). The external HDD works by sitting on a (like a storage) unit. You plug it in via usb cable and do same as above: System Setting>Back Up.

3)THIS IS FOR OLDER (20/40/60/80 GB) MODELS ONLY!

There are several memory card readers under the front flap of the ps3. Simply buy a micro SD memory card and put it into a micro SD Adapter (more than likey, the adapter will be sold seperately). First plug this adapter into you're computer. Move everything that's on the card onto you're computer (if it's been used before). Next, format the memory card in the adapter to 'FAT 32' format. It needs to be that format or else the ps3 won't read it. Plug the Memory card adapter (containing the memory card) into the ps3. As before System Settings>Back Up.

4) Use a Flash USB stick. Similar to using a USB Stick, but a flash USB stick needs a memory card put into it. Windows can have problems reading it (which will screw up formatting it and moving files on the card to the computer). If it does, PM me and I'll try to help! :)

Well there you go guys (man that took a while)!

I'm very knowlegable (not bragging :P ) at this kind of thing, so please feel free to ask anything if you require assistance! :D

If you have any questions, PM me!

Personally, I used the memory card reader method the first time. Got all saves but I had to delete my game data etc. to make room. With my new ps3, it doesn't have a card reader, so I used the USB Flash Stick to restore my saves :)

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Balmane
Ah I see you copied and posted this into a blog :lol:
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 irishdude199210

Ah I see you copied and posted this into a blog :lol:Balmane

Yeah :lol: I thought it was just so long and thorough that it had to be made into a blog. This info could easily be lost in the pages of a forum. :P

Some pretty good tips there (if I do say so myself :P ) :)

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 angelbless

[QUOTE="Balmane"]Ah I see you copied and posted this into a blog :lol:irishdude199210

Yeah :lol: I thought it was just so long and thorough that it had to be made into a blog. This info could easily be lost in the pages of a forum. :P

Some pretty good tips there (if I do say so myself :P ) :)

Yeah, veru good tips :). I used a 8gb memory card the firs time and I was thinking on getting a HDD for the next one. I deleted previously installed data (like the 4gb of MGS) and then made the backups :)

AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 AlBeadFFx

GAME NIGHT IN 4 DAYS!

ARE YOU READY?

im not.... ;)

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Balmane
I might be a little late but I will be there ;)
AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 AlBeadFFx
sounds good. i plan on starting with Uncharted 2 first at 3pm CDT (9pm GMT)
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Balmane
I dunno if I will be late or not since I do not know what time I will be seeing Harry Potter at.
AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 AlBeadFFx

I dunno if I will be late or not since I do not know what time I will be seeing Harry Potter at.Balmane

nice! gotta see the 5- 7 pt 1 again before i see 7-2 on monday

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 angelbless

[QUOTE="Balmane"]I dunno if I will be late or not since I do not know what time I will be seeing Harry Potter at.AlBeadFFx

nice! gotta see the 5- 7 pt 1 again before i see 7-2 on monday

I want to see that movie too :(

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Balmane
I dunno if my friends dad got the tickets. Dunno if it sole out or not. It's crazy popular here.
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 irishdude199210

It's crazy popular here.Balmane

I haven't watched one since the third movie :lol:

Oh, can someone tell me how big the download is for Uncharted 2's updates? I have to download versions 1.01-1.09. If it's less than 500MB, than you'll see me on gamenight too ;)

AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 AlBeadFFx

[QUOTE="Balmane"] It's crazy popular here.irishdude199210

Oh, can someone tell me how big the download is for Uncharted 2's updates? I have to download versions 1.01-1.09. If it's less than 500MB, than you'll see me on gamenight too ;)

cant remember. last time i updated it was back in the spring

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Balmane
[QUOTE="irishdude199210"]

[QUOTE="Balmane"] It's crazy popular here.AlBeadFFx

It's less than 500 i am sure.... that's alot for just updates. 

irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 irishdude199210
[QUOTE="AlBeadFFx"][QUOTE="irishdude199210"]

[QUOTE="Balmane"] It's crazy popular here.Balmane

It's less than 500 i am sure.... that's alot for just updates.

OK then looks like i'll download it then.

I saw the second file was 118MB and I was like O_o

I wasn't gonna download 7 more files that big :lol:

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Balmane
No worries.... they went from 16 up to that number but randomly. It was mostly small.
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts
so when is this gamenight happening again?
AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 AlBeadFFx
saturday, all day after 4pm EDT
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 killerband55

saturday, all day after 4pm EDTAlBeadFFx

i could try to make that, you'll have to send me a reminder PM before that day though

AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 AlBeadFFx
ill send out a telegram tomorrow here and a PM on the PSN on Friday
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Balmane
I can play :) The movie is at midday so lots of time to prepare :)
AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 AlBeadFFx
changed the times a little bit. decided that we should have more fun so i lengthened the amount per game. and if anyone wants to continue after the night is up, i am willing to keep playing any game that people would like to play
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Balmane
Oh you changed the day to tomorrow. Then I can definatly play.
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 irishdude199210

I just started playing Uncharted 2 online on Wednesday (level 13), so i'm still pretty rusty on most match types. There's still some modes I haven't even played yet on it! :P

No Assassins creed for me ("you can't spell 'Assassin' without sin..... and twice the ass! "-Deadpool). It simply doesn't interest me.

AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 AlBeadFFx

Oh you changed the day to tomorrow. Then I can definatly play.Balmane

it was always tomorrow... unless i made another mistake somewhere in this thread?

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Balmane

I just started playing Uncharted 2 online on Wednesday (level 13), so i'm still pretty rusty on most match types. There's still some modes I haven't even played yet on it! :P

No Assassins creed for me ("you can't spell 'Assassin' without sin..... and twice the ass! "-Deadpool). It simply doesn't interest me.

irishdude199210
Your a higher level than me ;) and I don't have brotherhood so I am the same as ya...

[QUOTE="Balmane"]Oh you changed the day to tomorrow. Then I can definatly play.AlBeadFFx

it was always tomorrow... unless i made another mistake somewhere in this thread?

No I am sure you said today but it's grand. It works for me :)
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 killerband55

tomorrow @ 4pm eastern, i'll be there

and Balmane how come i havent seen you in the WOTU in quite sometime, we're getting ready for Money in the Bank and my union officer sent out a telegram to you to make predictions on the ppv outcome

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Balmane

and Balmane how come i havent seen you in the WOTU in quite sometime, we're getting ready for Money in the Bank and my union officer sent out a telegram to you to make predictions on the ppv outcome

killerband55

I know but I will be there in awhile. It's just that I come on GS for about 5 mins and get off. I am not on long enough. 

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 killerband55
[QUOTE="killerband55"]

Balmane

I know but I will be there in awhile. It's just that I come on GS for about 5 mins and get off. I am not on long enough. 

well i think you should while you visit this union each time, you should visit the WOTU right after as well, also are you going to take part in the MITB roundtable, i think you'll have fun with it

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Balmane
[QUOTE="Balmane"][QUOTE="killerband55"]

killerband55

well i think you should while you visit this union each time, you should visit the WOTU right after as well, also are you going to take part in the MITB roundtable, i think you'll have fun with it

Is that the one where you get 2 guys to go against each other by guessing who wins each fight? 

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 killerband55
[QUOTE="killerband55"][QUOTE="Balmane"][QUOTE="killerband55"]

Balmane

Is that the one where you get 2 guys to go against each other by guessing who wins each fight? 

uhhhh yes, thats the thread you checked out where you thought it was a role play

AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 AlBeadFFx

it looks like all the successful game nights are our odd numbered ones so far...

1st game night - success, 4 people
2nd game night - so-so, 2 people
3rd game night - success, 5 people - 4 games

Specialty game night next weekend: what game should we play for 5 hours?