vegeta789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 vegeta789
Member since 2013 • 332 Posts
Marvel v. capcom 3 i only 20 buck with the new characters, you nreally hould buy it. I alo have all onimuha games. i like em all. not one I don't like. They're pretty good game to me, but of coure the only one i really played alot of wa dawn of dreams. I played onimuha tactic once, didn't like it at all. i agree with you.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#52 Xx_Kares_xX
Member since 2009 • 1479 Posts
Awesome, I will consider it then, I do like the MvC games
vegeta789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 vegeta789
Yeah they are good game. my all time favorite is right along with yours, soul calibur. Then, tekken, mortal kombat, then street fighter.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Xx_Kares_xX
I'm really liking Soul Calibur still, and I'm getting into Blazblue. I'd also like to go back and get into Guilty Gear
vegeta789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 vegeta789
I have blazeblue. i bought it because of the cover. it looked like an anime game. I like it though. I also have guilty gear xx accent core. They're both damn good games. Oh i alos like the bouncer and def jam fight for new york and the first one, vendetta.
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

Yeah x.x I don't like importing RPGs either.. but in this case I couldn't help myself. It's the only Final Fantasy game I didn't own and I've wanted it ever since I saw the first trailer. Besides square has made it clear that they are NEVER going to release it here, so I might as well get what enjoyment out of it that I can and wait for a team to finish the fan translation on it.

I was thinking of getting Tales of VS myself, but I've heard it's pretty disapointing.

Edit: Well I will find out soon enough, getting FFType-0 has given me import fever, and you reminded me I wanted that game so I just ordered it online. i should have it eventually <<....>>

Xx_Kares_xX

Ah cool, lol. Yeah I think it's a lot of fun. It has some issues but it's it's still good.

And on the topic of fighting games, Soul Calibur is one of my favorites too. It's also the first traditional fighter I have played. But since then Dead Or Alive sort of became my favorite series of traditional fighters. But talking fighting games as whole, I'm more into the simple kind. Like Smash bros, Final Fantasy Dissidia, and Tales of VS.

I still wanna get Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3. I have the original MvC3. I was just waiting for UMvC3 to get really cheap before I buy it, lol. 

vegeta789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 vegeta789
I have street fighter vs. tekken and soul calibur 3,4,and 5. Soul calibur 5 is only 20 bucks now at dimple.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Xx_Kares_xX

Soul Calibur V is the only on I don't have.. I have Soul Blade, Soul Calibur I - IV, Soul Calibur Broken Destinies and Soul Calibur Legends.

Smash bros is okay... but... it has no depth.. I can't find any depth in it and I know that pisses off hardcore fans but I just don't see it. It is however a fun game.. I mean, I have hard copies of all three that have been released so far... they just lose their appeal quickly for me. I LOVE Dissidia though.. I have put 500 hours into the first and second one combined @.@... that passes up even soul calibur for me, but I hate comparing them because Dissidia is really only half a fighting game and it's not a standard 'fighter' like soul calibur tekken or DoA (I also have DoA 1 - 3)

lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 lazyathew

Soul Calibur V is the only on I don't have.. I have Soul Blade, Soul Calibur I - IV, Soul Calibur Broken Destinies and Soul Calibur Legends.

Smash bros is okay... but... it has no depth.. I can't find any depth in it and I know that pisses off hardcore fans but I just don't see it. It is however a fun game.. I mean, I have hard copies of all three that have been released so far... they just lose their appeal quickly for me. I LOVE Dissidia though.. I have put 500 hours into the first and second one combined @.@... that passes up even soul calibur for me, but I hate comparing them because Dissidia is really only half a fighting game and it's not a standard 'fighter' like soul calibur tekken or DoA (I also have DoA 1 - 3)

Xx_Kares_xX

Smash Bros. may not have as much depth to it's system as others. But I would't call it lacking either. I love it because it's easy to get into. In other fighting games I often have  trouble pulling off certain moves, or remembering certan moves, which I don't in Smash Bros. In smash bros. I can focus more on just when to use certain moves. Rather than how. That applies to Dissidia too of course, although Dissidia does have more depth due to it's customization.

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Xx_Kares_xX
I can play dissidia for hours, but Smash brothers I'm bored with in about 30 minutes. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that dissidia the fights feel far more epic in scale and like long life or death duels.. in smash brothers you only win by knocking someone off the edge of the stage, it's just not all that exciting to me.
vegeta789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 vegeta789
i have super smash bros. melee and brawl. I like smash brothers, but it isn't inmy top list of fighters. My all time favorite fighter hands down would have to be dissidia. Then soul calibur, tekkguilty gear xx accent core. But I Then, like I said before, tekken, and MK and guilty gear xx accent core. I consider a fighter slash action rpg gane seeing to it that you still level up ad use abilities. But I LOVE dissidia, it' my favorite ff title. For shooter, my fav. is dirge of cerberus. i love how you transform into a best/vampire. Vincen an sephiroth are my 2 fav. in ff 7.Then Nanjak and yuffie. teh  I'd say RE, silent hill, medal of honor vanguard, and starhawk. xx. In starhawk you have your own base to get ammo and set up turrets. excellent game.
valereth85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 valereth85
Member since 2013 • 3456 Posts

*sees import talk*

*throws things because we never got Terranigma and Seiken Densetsu 3* THERE IS EVEN AN ENGLISH VERSION OF TERRANIGMA! IT WOULD NOT BE THAT HARD TO VIRTUAL CONSOLE IT FOR THE STATES! 

vegeta789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 vegeta789
Whats' terranigma?
valereth85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 valereth85
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terranigma
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 lazyathew
Ah yeah. I hate when they make English versions of a game but still don't bring them to North America. Or even more so that they made an English version of a game, like Black Rock Shooter, released it in the states, but not Canada!! Gahh!!
valereth85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 valereth85
Like it would be hard to make a western version of that game. You do not even have to translate the **** thing
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Xx_Kares_xX

*sees import talk*

*throws things because we never got Terranigma and Seiken Densetsu 3* THERE IS EVEN AN ENGLISH VERSION OF TERRANIGMA! IT WOULD NOT BE THAT HARD TO VIRTUAL CONSOLE IT FOR THE STATES! 

valereth85

Love it... and for both of these games there are amazing things called Fan Translations... lol

lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 lazyathew

Like it would be hard to make a western version of that game. You do not even have to translate the **** thingvalereth85

Yeah well it may have something to do with licensing issues or something. That's why they didn't bring BRS to Canada. I don't get why there were licensing issues. But that's what I read.

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Xx_Kares_xX
Yeah that's strange to me that they wouldn't release it there o.O
vegeta789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 vegeta789
i'm playing onmusha dawn of dreams right now. Lovin' it. Great game, simply amazing. I'm only on stage 5 AND ALREADY at lvl. 42. I have all skills at the highest lvl. for now aleast ad my blades at max level annd armor at lvl. 50, and 37,541 dollards in my purse. i revisited a previous level and tank trained there. beat every test of valor as well. Only oon one test of valor did i get the gold reward.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Xx_Kares_xX
Nice. I'm still on FFTA2...x.x it's not going nearly as quickly as I'd like it too... I really just want to get to FFXII
vegeta789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 vegeta789
FF 12 is one of the best FF games ever! oh and while we were speaking of anime... to get back to that, One of my all time favorites is Monster rancher. The only reason i'm even typing on this site is because I'm using the laptop that I bought soley because it had every season of mponster rancheron it. Gotta love it.
valereth85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 valereth85
[QUOTE="valereth85"]

*sees import talk*

Xx_Kares_xX

Love it... and for both of these games there are amazing things called Fan Translations... lol

When Nintendo announced that Earthbound was finally coming to the Virtual Console, the fans offered the fan translation of Mother 3 to Nintendo for free so they do not even have to translate the game to port it over here
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Xx_Kares_xX
I know and they didn't take it @.@. And they actually offered that fan translation to Nintendo a long time before Earthbound was put on virtual console, so are you saying they offered it AGAIN?
valereth85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 valereth85
I know and they didn't take it @.@. And they actually offered that fan translation to Nintendo a long time before Earthbound was put on virtual console, so are you saying they offered it AGAIN?Xx_Kares_xX
Yes., They offered it again. Said, "Here. Take our translation for free. Release the game on the virtual console, and you do not even need to translate it."
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Xx_Kares_xX
Awesome! It would be really cool if Nintendo finally did that.
valereth85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 valereth85
Awesome! It would be really cool if Nintendo finally did that.Xx_Kares_xX
I would not get my hopes up if I were you.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Xx_Kares_xX
Me neither x.x Not sure why... but eh' At least it's available for people to play anyway if they really want too.
vegeta789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 vegeta789
So..... does anybody like the dot hack series? we  hella took this thread off course... we're evildoers...we're bad.....!:)
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 lazyathew

So..... does anybody like the dot hack series? we  hella took this thread off course... we're evildoers...we're bad.....!:)vegeta789

I tried .Hack//infection but never actually finished it. Gameplay isn't very good great imo. I do, however, love the .Hack books I have read. .Hack//ai buster is amazing! I also like Legend of the Twilight. Read the manga and saw the anime. Sign is cool too, although I never did finish that series...

vegeta789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 vegeta789
i have luminality which came with the game, sign, roots, and legend of the twilight, though I only have a few episodes of each but I definitely like it. i like the game much more however, and I've never read any of the manga.But i love te manga for smurai deeper demon eyes kyo, and I also love the anime for it as well. I have bastar# the manga and chibi vampire. I like the anime for hellsing and I like the anime for onimusha. Only read 3 manga's however, tht's all my friend had. Oh and I like the manga for hellsing as well.
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 lazyathew

i have luminality which came with the game, sign, roots, and legend of the twilight, though I only have a few episodes of each but I definitely like it. i like the game much more however, and I've never read any of the manga.But i love te manga for smurai deeper demon eyes kyo, and I also love the anime for it as well. I have bastar# the manga and chibi vampire. I like the anime for hellsing and I like the anime for onimusha. Only read 3 manga's however, tht's all my friend had. Oh and I like the manga for hellsing as well.vegeta789

Ah yeah. .Hack//ai buster actually isn't a even manga though. It's a novel. And I think that's the most interesting format for .hack. I like how the narration actually goes into detail about the game mechanics. Like how it plays. And it brings up weird things like how ridiculous it looks seeing avatars topless going through a snowstorm. :P Opposite of Legend of the Twilight. Where there are scenes of the characters commening on how cold it is. Which makes absolutely no sence. Since they are only playing a game.

I guess the games themsleves make those game mechanics clear too, I am just not a fan of the gameplay myslef. 

vegeta789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 vegeta789
Could I buy the novel t dimple books? because if so, I fa damn sure will.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Xx_Kares_xX
I feel that .Hack (along with pretty much every other work of fiction set in a digital world) Misses the full potential for what they could do with the 'stuck in an mmo' genre. I've heard Sword Art changes that but I haven't seen it yet. To be fair I've only seen some of the first season of .Hack (and I know there's a crap load of them) but it really wasn't doing it for me x.x, though I did love the designs and the music.
vegeta789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 vegeta789
You should try the dot hack gu series, it's way better than the first set of games. 
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 lazyathew

I feel that .Hack (along with pretty much every other work of fiction set in a digital world) Misses the full potential for what they could do with the 'stuck in an mmo' genre. I've heard Sword Art changes that but I haven't seen it yet. To be fair I've only seen some of the first season of .Hack (and I know there's a crap load of them) but it really wasn't doing it for me x.x, though I did love the designs and the music.Xx_Kares_xX

How do you feel it misses the full potential? And which .hack did you see the first season of? I think Sign is the only one long enough to have multiple seasons actually. So is it that one?

lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 lazyathew

Could I buy the novel t dimple books? because if so, I fa damn sure will.vegeta789

Never actually heard of dimple books. So I'm not sure.

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Xx_Kares_xX
I don't remember honestly x.x I just remember watching it and not having them do much of anything with the actual MMO part, instead they just kind of turned it into a fantasy anime.
vegeta789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 vegeta789
The gu series story is hella good.
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 lazyathew

I don't remember honestly x.x I just remember watching it and not having them do much of anything with the actual MMO part, instead they just kind of turned it into a fantasy anime.Xx_Kares_xX

I see. Yeah that's where the animes and mangas differ from the novels. The novels are very focused on the game. Even talking about game mechanics, and such. There are also jokes about people not knowing the controls for certain actions and such. lol. 

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Xx_Kares_xX
You see? and that sounds more fun to me ^^. Too be fair last time I tried to watch was a few years ago... I may have to try it again.
vegeta789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 vegeta789

[QUOTE="vegeta789"]Could I buy the novel t dimple books? because if so, I fa damn sure will.lazyathew

yeah dimple records not too long ago opened up a bookstore where they sell manga and books and some comics. you do know what dimple records is, right? 

lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 lazyathew
[QUOTE="lazyathew"]

[QUOTE="vegeta789"]Could I buy the novel t dimple books? because if so, I fa damn sure will.vegeta789

yeah dimple records not too long ago opened up a bookstore where they sell manga and books and some comics. you do know what dimple records is, right? 

Uh, no. I haven't heard of them either, lol. Don't have any of them around here. 

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Xx_Kares_xX
I've never heard of it either. x.x Where do you live Vegeta?
vegeta789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 vegeta789
In sacramento. where do you guys live? i thought they had DR everywhere! It's an amazing store, you can buy anime, porn, movies of all genre's and games for just about ANY system. They have many good ps2 and xbox and gamecube games that are rare or hard 2 find or even just rally good that nobody else has. It's a big store, they even sell energy drinks, soda, chips, and candy! Cinnamon toothpicks, action figures, and varous other stuff including recrds and cd's.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Xx_Kares_xX
I live in another part of Californi a and have never heard of this store x.x it's obviously not nearly as bigof a chain as you think it is.
vegeta789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 vegeta789
Oh, that sucks, you'd probably really like that store. After you spend a certain amount of money and get so many points, you cn use those points to get anything used half off. It's a really good store, eally. I thought DR was all over cA, guess not. i mean, they're so dang successful abd big and make soooo much money......... they also have many new games as well. Only thing they DON't sell (and I think it's dumb) is strategy guides and pc games. they'd make a halluva lot more money if they did.
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 lazyathew

I live in Canada. A pretty rural area too actually. The nearest Gamestop is actually a 5 hour drive from here.

I do most of my shopping for games, movies and such on Amazon, or occasionally Future Shop. As for books, I go to Coles Bookstore. Or Amazon, lol. 

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Xx_Kares_xX

I have three gamestops in the local area around me.. and I still use amazon ^^' lol. you can't go wrong with amazon except for the risk of your stuff getting lost in the mail. dSpeaking of Which, Tales of Versus should be here tomorrow or the next day ^^.

I have a similar store here that's jsut one store and not a chain. It sells everything from comic books to music, to trading cards, to games from all generations of gaming, to board games etc.... basically if it's a hobby you can find it there ^^' I love it.

vegeta789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 vegeta789
I hava 3 gamestops by me too. i only usd amazon one to buy super mario all stars not too long ago.