lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

I have three gamestops in the local area around me.. and I still use amazon ^^' lol. you can't go wrong with amazon except for the risk of your stuff getting lost in the mail. dSpeaking of Which, Tales of Versus should be here tomorrow or the next day ^^.

I have a similar store here that's jsut one store and not a chain. It sells everything from comic books to music, to trading cards, to games from all generations of gaming, to board games etc.... basically if it's a hobby you can find it there ^^' I love it.

Xx_Kares_xX

Ah ya got that off Amazon? I couldn't order Tales of VS from Amazon.ca. And I can't use Amazon.com to ship to Canada. I tried. And Amazon.ca is WAY more limiting I have noticed. At least with games.

I had to get Tales of VS off Playasia. It took like a month for me to get it. But is worked, lol.

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#102 Xx_Kares_xX
Member since 2009 • 1479 Posts
I like amazon for finding rare games that I just can't find at Gamestop, which there are a lot of now that I'm trying to finish up so many collections of particular series (especially RPGs)
vegeta789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 vegeta789
Member since 2013 • 332 Posts
I know amazon does have many rare games for cheap prices used. i tried to order 9 rare games  and my credit card would not  work so I was disappointed.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Xx_Kares_xX
That's depressing x.x
vegeta789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 vegeta789
Yeah!
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Xx_Kares_xX
[QUOTE="Xx_Kares_xX"]

I have three gamestops in the local area around me.. and I still use amazon ^^' lol. you can't go wrong with amazon except for the risk of your stuff getting lost in the mail. dSpeaking of Which, Tales of Versus should be here tomorrow or the next day ^^.

I have a similar store here that's jsut one store and not a chain. It sells everything from comic books to music, to trading cards, to games from all generations of gaming, to board games etc.... basically if it's a hobby you can find it there ^^' I love it.

lazyathew

Ah ya got that off Amazon? I couldn't order Tales of VS from Amazon.ca. And I can't use Amazon.com to ship to Canada. I tried. And Amazon.ca is WAY more limiting I have noticed. At least with games.

I had to get Tales of VS off Playasia. It took like a month for me to get it. But is worked, lol.

Somehow I missed this comment last time @.@ I'm sorry to hear that, that really sucks. I actually got my copy today and I'm playing it right now... gotta say... it's pretty cool. The tales series combat style lends itself well to the shift to where nothing felt all that different when I tried to play. I do of course wish I could read what is going on, but even so I'm liking it a lot. It plays like Smash Brothers... only in my opinion it's better because there are actually life bars and it's not just about kicking your opponents out of the ring x.x

lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 lazyathew
[QUOTE="lazyathew"][QUOTE="Xx_Kares_xX"]

Xx_Kares_xX

Somehow I missed this comment last time @.@ I'm sorry to hear that, that really sucks. I actually got my copy today and I'm playing it right now... gotta say... it's pretty cool. The tales series combat style lends itself well to the shift to where nothing felt all that different when I tried to play. I do of course wish I could read what is going on, but even so I'm liking it a lot. It plays like Smash Brothers... only in my opinion it's better because there are actually life bars and it's not just about kicking your opponents out of the ring x.x

Yeah it does kinda suck. But most most of the games I am looking for are still there. but some very old and obscure games won't be. Or they might be ridiculously expensive. Then if I look at Amazon.com I will probably see it for a decent price. 

But I am glad you're enjoying Tales of VS. :) 

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Xx_Kares_xX
I had to force myself to stop playing it... I want to play more of the Tales series before I get back into it @,@ That and It just made me want to play the main Tales games more... and I have enough RPGs on my plate already for the time being @.@
vegeta789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 vegeta789
Well I have tales of legendia and tales of vesperia and the world. My broter had tales of symponia. i only played a little bit of tales of legendia for the ps2 and i did like it. But I'd much rather pkay suikoden, star ocea, disgaea, any ff game, dot hack, or cross edge or hyper dimension neptunia. tales is good though, just not as good as the other games i mentioned, atleast not to me. I like tales, but I even like Re series and God of war, devil may cry, bayonetta, chaos legion, and onimusha more as well. Tales is fun though, just not all that great to me.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Xx_Kares_xX
Tales of Legendia is one of (if not THE worst one x.x it wasn't even developed by the actual Tales team.. it was made by another group at the same time Symphonia was being made.. ugh.. god Legendia was a piece of sh*t)  That's probably part of why you don't like it. The tales games are rather interesting.. they are almost either REALLY good or REALLY bad with no inbetween (in my experience anyway) and Legendia is by far one of the WORST. It's okay not to like them, but honestly I think most of the tales games are as good if not better than Star Ocean, you should try one of the other tales games before you pan the whole series ^^, that's all I'm trying to say ^^' lol. It's like comparing the main Resident Evil series to Resident Evil Outbreak @.@
vegeta789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 vegeta789
LOL, yeAH, OUTBREAK F)(*& SUCKED! i have plkayed tales of the world, and it is pretty boring. It's for psp, and crisis core is a million times better and fun. Tales of the world is okay, but since the beginning is so boring I quit playing but do plan to resume in the future after I done playing better games that is.I liked symphonia though, i played a  little bit of it and the beginning is better than the other two i didn't like much. fa real. BTW, the star ocean for the ps3 is very good, even bbetter than the one on ps2, which I really liked. the gameplay is very fun with a superb story to it. xx you travel to other planets in a space sip which is similar to Rogue galaxy. RG is awesome as well. RG isfor the ps2 however.
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 lazyathew

Yeah a lot of people hate Legendia but love the series. In my opinion, the story, characters and music are awesome, but the gameplay is definitely a HUGE step back.

If you wanna get into the series, Try either Symphonia, Abyss or Vesperia. There are other awesome ones too but those are my favorites, and seem to be among the most popular. Although a lot of people hate the main character of Abyss. It's enough to turn a lot of people off it actually. Though personally I see him as a very unique and interesting character.

vegeta789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 vegeta789
YEAH I HVE VESPERIA, JUST HAVEN'T PLYED IT YET. fOR THE 360, i BVEENPLAYING THE WITCHER 2 AND BAYONETTA. Symphonia was pretty good from what I played. What is abyss, what system is it for? i've scarcely heard of it just very faintly like once or twice.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Xx_Kares_xX

LOL, yeAH, OUTBREAK F)(*& SUCKED! i have plkayed tales of the world, and it is pretty boring. It's for psp, and crisis core is a million times better and fun. Tales of the world is okay, but since the beginning is so boring I quit playing but do plan to resume in the future after I done playing better games that is.I liked symphonia though, i played a  little bit of it and the beginning is better than the other two i didn't like much. fa real. BTW, the star ocean for the ps3 is very good, even bbetter than the one on ps2, which I really liked. the gameplay is very fun with a superb story to it. xx you travel to other planets in a space sip which is similar to Rogue galaxy. RG is awesome as well. RG isfor the ps2 however.vegeta789

Yeah, Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology is actually a spin-off, yet again another not so great game in the series. I have heard AMAZING things about Vesperia though but it's one of the few I haven't played because I don'thave a 360 yet <<...>> when I get one it's the first game I'm buying for it though.. ALong with Blue Dragon and a few other rpgs. Tales of the world is a non-canon game that has characters from all the other games in the series.. essentially it's a fanservice dungeon crawler. And Symphonia is VERY good, a lot of people argue it's the best one and it's hard for me to disagree, though my favorite is actually Eternia back on the PSOne.. The dungeon design and combat mechanics were just so perfect in that game, I really can't explain it.. I'm not sure how they balanced it so well or why it worked so well in my eyes @.@

I have all of the star ocean games and rogue galaxy.. I need to play through those. I've only beaten Star Ocean 1 on PSP and got about 3/4s through Star Ocean three a long time ago before my file got curropted x.x I'm sure as fellow gamers you know how hard it is to go back to a game (especially an RPG) you've put a WHOLE bunch of hours into after it's all been taken from you like that and you have to start over x.x

Edit: Abyss is for PS2 and 3DS, so make your choice. One thing to note is that the PS2 version has multiplayer and as far as I'm aware the 3DS version does not.

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Xx_Kares_xX

Yeah a lot of people hate Legendia but love the series. In my opinion, the story, characters and music are awesome, but the gameplay is definitely a HUGE step back.

If you wanna get into the series, Try either Symphonia, Abyss or Vesperia. There are other awesome ones too but those are my favorites, and seem to be among the most popular. Although a lot of people hate the main character of Abyss. It's enough to turn a lot of people off it actually. Though personally I see him as a very unique and interesting character.

lazyathew

I agree with Lazyathew here, he summed it up perfectly. I don't understand why people hate the characters so much in Abyss, yes Luke is a whiny brat, but it's on purpose.. it's called character development @.@ he gets better. On top of that I LOVED Tear and Anise... 

vegeta789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 vegeta789
What happened to Lord mew? did he take a break so me and him don't contimue fighting and arguing? I saw your edit Kars, yeah, I guess I'll get it for the ps2, may be cheaper but I doubt I'll find it. Have any of you guys ever pkayed any of the grandia series or suikoden?
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Xx_Kares_xX

What happened to Lord mew? did he take a break so me and him don't contimue fighting and arguing?vegeta789

Eh, I doubt it.. he just  disapears from time to time.. in fact over the last year or so I've been the only member to be constantly active ^^'

vegeta789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 vegeta789
Oh, just remembered.... how could I forget... FYI, another of my favorite rpg's is kingdom hearts, because it is very similar to mainline main ff gaames. Very similar.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Xx_Kares_xX
...You just made my inner fanboy want to b*tch slap you x.x... I love Kingdom hearts as well... but I don't think it's at all comparable to Final Fantasy except for the occasional cameo @.@
vegeta789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 vegeta789
Well it is comnparable to ff because of the use of summons, magic, and the fact that it has f characters in it. sure ff game sare way better, but KH is very similar. Put yer' bottom lip iver yer head and swallow! :)
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Xx_Kares_xX
It's not about that, I don't care if you do like Kingdom hearts more <<....>> but they are not that similar... @.@ My inner fanboy screams with rage everytime I hear 'Hey Look! It's Vivi from Kingdom Hearts!' x.x ...damn noobs...
valereth85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 valereth85
Member since 2013 • 3456 Posts
I do not get the appeal of Kingdom Hearts. They feel like generic hack n slashes that are stripped of everything that make hack n slashes good. Then someone through a Disney coat of paint onto it. The characters are not well developed. The pacing on the story is horrible. They scream for co op play and hacve none. The only KH game I liked is the one everyone else hates. Chain of Memories.,
vegeta789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 vegeta789
LOL kares. :0 i know, vivi isn't from KH, that get on my nerves too,a real pet peeve. And no, I don't like KH more, hell no. it's a good game but ff gamesare way better, similar or not. I hate those stupid pansy ass disney characters. the only one's i like is the beast and jack skellington, that's it. Never said KH was better, but anyone else can feel free, it's their opinion, they don't have to agree with everyone. BTw, the only Kh i beat is the one I like the most, KH 2. I beat sephiroth, got to lvl. 99, got ultiam blade, and won all collosseum battles. i like Kh , and chain of memories is my least favorite while it is still a good fun game regardless.
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 lazyathew

Kingdom Hearts does feel like a spinoff of the Final Fantasy series to me. It pretty much has everything that makes Final Fantasy what it is, same spells, moogles, summons, even characters from FF. The only thing really different is that it uses Disney characters, no Chocobos, and the title. It even has it's own Sid starting in KH2, "Yen Sid" lol. (Yes I know he's a Disney character, by "it's own" I mean not from the FF series)

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Xx_Kares_xX

I think the opposite of you Valerth, it's the only Hack N' Slash I've played with depth on any level.  There's no defending the story though.. either you love it or you hate it, honestly I can go either way.

valereth85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 valereth85

I think the opposite of you Valerth, it's the only Hack N' Slash I've played with depth on any level.  There's no defending the story though.. either you love it or you hate it, honestly I can go either way.

Xx_Kares_xX
Diablo 2. 'nuff said
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Xx_Kares_xX
That's not a hack n' slash, it's a dungeon crawl, there's a big difference. Devil May Cry is a Hack n' slash. If anything I'd put diablo under 'point and click adventure' before I would Hack n' Slash,
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 lazyathew
Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden have depth. :P Actually I see more depth in those than I do Kingdom Hearts. Kingdom Hearts is awesome though. But a lot of it does come down to button mashing.
valereth85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 valereth85

That's not a hack n' slash, it's a dungeon crawl, there's a big difference. Devil May Cry is a Hack n' slash. If anything I'd put diablo under 'point and click adventure' before I would Hack n' Slash,Xx_Kares_xX
No. DMC is  a straight up action game. Diablo is a hack n slash RPG, and it is a damned good one

P.S. DMC1, 3 and 4 are much better games than any KH game, and they have actual depth to the combat, which KH seriously lacks 

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Xx_Kares_xX
I found very little depth in what little Devil May Cry I've played (which admittedly isn't much @.@) but it certainly took more skill than KH that's for sure. Yeah your right, playing Devil's advocate doesn't really work here, you win @.@ lol. I do disagree on our definition of 'Hack N' Slash' though, that's for sure @.@
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 lazyathew

I found very little depth in what little Devil May Cry I've played (which admittedly isn't much @.@) but it certainly took more skill than KH that's for sure. Yeah your right, playing Devil's advocate doesn't really work here, you win @.@ lol. I do disagree on our definition of 'Hack N' Slash' though, that's for sure @.@ Xx_Kares_xX

If you play it a little more and I'm sure you'l find some depth to the system. :P Especially DMC3.

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Xx_Kares_xX

From what I've played it could have been balanced far better than it was. It's not even about skill after a point, it's all about endurance, and that's when the game stop being fun @.@ My fingers were worn out after the first couple of levels.

Edit: Basically what I'm saying is the enemies have life bars that are way too big @.@

valereth85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 valereth85
The combat in KH is just so button mashy and boring
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Xx_Kares_xX
That's the same way I feel about Devil May Cry... and it's DEFINITELY what I feel about Dynasty Warriors @.@ I'm not even sure how that series has a fanbase x.x
valereth85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 valereth85
That's the same way I feel about Devil May Cry... and it's DEFINITELY what I feel about Dynasty Warriors @.@ I'm not even sure how that series has a fanbase x.xXx_Kares_xX
Dynasty Warriors is deffinitely like that, but try to even get to bosses without memorizing combos and using them effectively in DMC3 or 4.
vegeta789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 vegeta789

[QUOTE="Xx_Kares_xX"]That's not a hack n' slash, it's a dungeon crawl, there's a big difference. Devil May Cry is a Hack n' slash. If anything I'd put diablo under 'point and click adventure' before I would Hack n' Slash,valereth85

No. DMC is  a straight up action game. Diablo is a hack n slash RPG, and it is a damned good one

P.S. DMC1, 3 and 4 are much better games than any KH game, and they have actual depth to the combat, which KH seriously lacks 

DMC is way better thhan kingdom hearts, so is God of war and bayonetta, but thos etirles are action, not hack and slash, abd whie KH is still good, the previously mentioned games are better to me. KH is similar to ff though which is why i like it, it has manyt elements to it that ff has. I beT DMC 1-3 and played a little as vergil on 3. My ex GF gave me dmc 2 the SE whic I can play aas the emale character, I have DMC 4 and the newest title, but that' all I own now. My little brothe rand his friend which is also mine love dynasty warriors. They're damn good at at game.

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Xx_Kares_xX
I do like god of war, x.x and still consider it a Hack N' Slash. The term 'action game' can literally be applied to ANYTHING which has an emphasis on combat which is why I don't like the term. DMC Is yet another series I'd like to go back and try again, but I really wasn't blown away.
valereth85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 valereth85

I do like god of war, x.x and still consider it a Hack N' Slash. The term 'action game' can literally be applied to ANYTHING which has an emphasis on combat which is why I don't like the term. DMC Is yet another series I'd like to go back and try again, but I really wasn't blown away.Xx_Kares_xX
You might define GoW (and you are right. That series is awesome) and DMC (I would recommend playing 1 and 3. Just do not pull your hair out while playing 3) as action hack n slash where Diablo and others like Titan Quest and Sacred ar RPG hack n slash, Point and click is more reserved for things like Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max and Monkey Island. They look, feel and play very differently than Diablo where you are hacking and slashing your way throughout dungeons.

P.S. Diablo 2 is freaking amazing. If you dod not play it, shame on you. :P 

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Xx_Kares_xX
I know point and click is technically reserved for 'adventure games' (another horrible choice in term because it's confusing to those that don't know where it came from @.@) I'm not really a fan of the PC Controls, but I have played and highly enjoyed Diablo II.
valereth85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 valereth85
I know point and click is technically reserved for 'adventure games' (another horrible choice in term because it's confusing to those that don't know where it came from @.@) I'm not really a fan of the PC Controls, but I have played and highly enjoyed Diablo II.Xx_Kares_xX
IT came from the fact that those games are played almost entirely with a mouse
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Xx_Kares_xX
No @.@ I mean the genre title 'Adventure Game' which referes specifically to point and click games if you go by the old Jargon. Obviously Point and Click makes sense x.x
valereth85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 valereth85

No @.@ I mean the genre title 'Adventure Game' which referes specifically to point and click games if you go by the old Jargon. Obviously Point and Click makes sense x.xXx_Kares_xX
I know point and click adventure like that and action adventure liuke Zelda, Darksiders (SERIOUSLY PLAY THIS SERIES PEOPLE) and 3D Dot Game Heroes

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Xx_Kares_xX
I want to get 3D Dot Game heroes still @.@ Darksiders on the other hand? Eh... maybe if I find it in a bargain bin. The game looks good, but not good enough for me to shell out the cash to play, I already have a wishlist a mile long for games @.@
valereth85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 valereth85
I want to get 3D Dot Game heroes still @.@ Darksiders on the other hand? Eh... maybe if I find it in a bargain bin. The game looks good, but not good enough for me to shell out the cash to play, I already have a wishlist a mile long for games @.@Xx_Kares_xX
It is derivitive. It really has no original ideas, but that is fine because iot executes everything it does extremely well. Darksiders is awesome
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Xx_Kares_xX
Sounds good then if that's what you are into.
valereth85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 valereth85
Sounds good then if that's what you are into.Xx_Kares_xX
and who isn't into Zelda?
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Xx_Kares_xX
I'm not particularly into Zelda. I recognize that they are good games but have to be in the right mood to play them. They definitely aren't in my favorites list by any means.
vegeta789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 vegeta789
Darksiders is awesome, love that game, even pYED 60 BUCKS FOR IT NEW, DS 2 THAT IS, DS 1 i only payed 20 bucks for. nOW zELDA IS COOL, I HAVE THE NEWEST RELEASE FOR WII AND TWILIGHT PRINCESS AND WIND WAKER FOR GAMECUBE, BUT THEY'RE MUCH HARDER THAN AND NOT AS FUN AS FF GAMES, BUT I DO LIKE THEM, NONTHELESS. MUCH BETTER THAN MARIO, AND MARIO IS A GOOD GAME.vegeta789
valereth85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 valereth85
I'm not particularly into Zelda. I recognize that they are good games but have to be in the right mood to play them. They definitely aren't in my favorites list by any means.Xx_Kares_xX
You're joking, right? LTTP is one of the best games ever made