Action spin-offs, what will it be that brings out the Final Fantasy in it?

kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts

Everyone knows the huge exploration possibility, the great party-control RPG style gameplay (and maybe something else) creates the normal Final Fantasy game.

DoC flopped. Was it because it's just the bad gameplay? Or, it's something that is called a Final Fantasy that lacked something that's FF. What is it?

Even then, if we can't get huge exploration maps, if we can't get RPG gameplay, what must FF have to be called a true Final Fantasy?  

gilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 gilbertus
Member since 2003 • 452 Posts
A breath-taking story, and compelling characters... sure a nice gameplay wouldnt hurt either ^^
Darmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Darmi
Member since 2004 • 5562 Posts
DoC was a poorly executed shooter based on a story that didn't need to be expanded. If they want them to be successful they should intentionally leave gaps in the story to be filled. Really, they just shouldn't make any spin offs :roll:
Avatar image for ThisisMurderous
ThisisMurderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#4 ThisisMurderous
Member since 2006 • 1599 Posts
If they make another action oriented Final Fantasy the gameplay needs to be better and it shouldn't be a spinoff. So long as it a good story and gameplay then I'm all for it.
Avatar image for TheForgotten0ne
TheForgotten0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 TheForgotten0ne
Member since 2007 • 3759 Posts
If they make another action oriented Final Fantasy the gameplay needs to be better and it shouldn't be a spinoff. So long as it a good story and gameplay then I'm all for it.ThisisMurderous
Agree with you there! Not a spinn of and a great story and i'm all in:D
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6 IpodHero176
Member since 2006 • 16952 Posts

A breath-taking story, and compelling characters... sure a nice gameplay wouldnt hurt either ^^gilbertus

Same here.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
If it is going to be an action game, it has to have good gameplay. The gameplay has to come first, or iwtill flop[ just like DoC did
liquid_s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 liquid_s
Member since 2005 • 7159 Posts
DoC's story was very bad, very bad, as it was a spin off from a story that was already finished. They spent most of it going through a brand new storyline, so they could add in another 'One Winged Angel' character, so they could milk FF7 more. The gameplay was quite bad aswell, but it wasn't to bad once you got used to it, but it could have been so much more
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#9 IpodHero176
Member since 2006 • 16952 Posts

DoC's story was very bad, very bad, as it was a spin off from a story that was already finished. They spent most of it going through a brand new storyline, so they could add in another 'One Winged Angel' character, so they could milk FF7 more. The gameplay was quite bad aswell, but it wasn't to bad once you got used to it, but it could have been so much moreliquid_s

Agreed. 

iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#10 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts
I didn't think DoC was terrible, it just could have been so much better in so many places:? If they'd spent a bit more time it could have been a genuinely memorable game instead - - - it kept breaking off into cut scenes just when I was starting to get interested until I quit getting interested:?
faraz-azar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 faraz-azar
Member since 2006 • 630 Posts

A breath-taking story, and compelling characters... sure a nice gameplay wouldnt hurt either ^^gilbertus

couldnt have said it better myself! but i also say they should have a (i dont know if its right) camo or 2 excluding the names of summons-_- like a long time ago when it first came out i dont know where it is but you could see cloud in the background of ff10 so it was pretty cool having that 

Avatar image for The1-thtgotaway
The1-thtgotaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The1-thtgotaway
Member since 2006 • 5853 Posts
An FF games has to have a great storyline (Like FF7), The gameplay has to be on point, the characters must have a variety of personalities and good story to their past before the met up with the other characters in the game,and a good amount of cut-scenes, not too much because then it's like the game is playing itself. So Basically all the qualities of FF7 :lol: