HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HyruleanLink
Member since 2005 • 5221 Posts
I picked up THQ's platformer of de Blob a week ago Friday. I am posting my thoughts a week later so I had ample time to give enough feedback about the game. The game is very simple: paint the city from its greyness. You roll and bounce around the town filling the town with various colors. There is a story mode with a time limit to complete objectives, challenges, and defeat the enemies. There is also a free paint mode where you can paint freely and complete objectives that you missed. The multiplayer mode had various modes where you can paint the fastest or stop the other person. You touch the bulidings to paint and shake the Wiimote to jump and attack. The only setback is that a map would have helped instead of using a compass. There is bonus material to unlock for songs, different modes, and movies. Overall, I give the game an 8.5. The game is different and fun to play. I was able to get the game for $40 because I had a coupon for Toys R' US. Also, this is a great third party game that runs with NMH, Okami, and Zack and Wiki.
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#2 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

I'll probably rent it at some point.

I was at Gamestop today trying to decide which game I wanted to buy, and de Blob made my shortlist. However, I ended up buying Tales of Vesperia... I think I'll get the most out of it for my money. The runner up was Sonic Chronicles, by the way.

ktulu007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 ktulu007
Member since 2004 • 41725 Posts
It doesn't seem that interesting to me.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

It doesn't seem that interesting to me. ktulu007

Me neither. I can understand the originality but the concept is simply unappealing.

HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 HyruleanLink
Member since 2005 • 5221 Posts

[QUOTE="ktulu007"]It doesn't seem that interesting to me. lebanese_boy

Me neither. I can understand the originality but the concept is simply unappealing.

I agree that this game won't attract everyone. The idea andoriginality is great, but not everyone will enjoy it.