lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18040 Posts

You're making it more complicated than it is. FFIV= FFII in the U.S. because it was the second FF game released here. FFIII for the DS is simply FFIII, because that was the first time it was ever released on the DS. (can't call that milking can you lebs..... since they remade a previously unreleased game :P )REVOLUTIONfreak

It's still milking past games. Why don't they just focus on making the new FF games instead of porting the past ones a milion times. It's like if Nintendo kept releasing remakes of past Zelda games with a new one every 5 years or so. I'm sorry but that's the way I see it.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts

[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"]You're making it more complicated than it is. FFIV= FFII in the U.S. because it was the second FF game released here. FFIII for the DS is simply FFIII, because that was the first time it was ever released on the DS. (can't call that milking can you lebs..... since they remade a previously unreleased game :P )lebanese_boy

It's still milking past games. Why don't they just focus on making the new FF games instead of porting the past ones a milion times. It's like if Nintendo kept releasing remakes of past Zelda games with a new one every 5 years or so. I'm sorry but that's the way I see it.

Again, these are amazing games that most young gamers never had the pleasure of experiencing. The difference b/n Zelda and FF is that EVERYONE has played Zelda, so there is no need to port most of them (although ALTTP was brought to GBA). FF III and V had never even been released in NA, so I'm extremely happy they were finally brought over here. Furthermore, both of them have only been released in one form (FFIII on the DS and FFV on GBA).

As for FF IV and VI, those are 2 of the greatest RPGs of all time, so I would support them being ported to every system so more gamers can get their hands on them.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 lebanese_boy
[QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]

[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"]You're making it more complicated than it is. FFIV= FFII in the U.S. because it was the second FF game released here. FFIII for the DS is simply FFIII, because that was the first time it was ever released on the DS. (can't call that milking can you lebs..... since they remade a previously unreleased game :P )murlow12

Again, these are amazing games that most young gamers never had the pleasure of experiencing. The difference b/n Zelda and FF is that EVERYONE has played Zelda, so there is no need to port most of them (although ALTTP was brought to GBA). FF III and V had never even been released in NA, so I'm extremely happy they were finally brought over here. Furthermore, both of them have only been released in one form (FFIII on the DS and FFV on GBA).

As for FF IV and VI, those are 2 of the greatest RPGs of all time, so I would support them being ported to every system so more gamers can get their hands on them.

I for my part would not support such gross rehash from Square-Enix's part and I only buy original versions of their games if I'm ever interested in them (as I'm about to do with Crisis Core). Nintendo was smart not to do the same with Zelda (altough OOT and ALTTP were technically ported 2 times) or else it would have ruined the franchise's image and originality.

Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Phantom5800
Member since 2006 • 10200 Posts
If it helps just look at it like this. This is "sort of" like the Virtual Console. Bringing back old games for the newer generation and fans of the old. Just instead of rereleasing the same game for a few dollars, they are improving graphics adding a couple extras and selling it for full price ...
HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 HyruleanLink
Member since 2005 • 5221 Posts
[QUOTE="lebanese_boy"][QUOTE="murlow12"][QUOTE="HyruleanLink"][QUOTE="lebanese_boy"][QUOTE="Phantom5800"][QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]

[QUOTE="ktulu007"]I'm going to have to agree with Leb FF IV is great but this is the third time they've remade it. REVOLUTIONfreak

You're mistaking with another FF IV which was technically FF III here in NA. See, the very fact that I know this scares me :(

Wow, all of these FF numbers are confusing.

This FFIV is really FFII from the SNES, right? : /

yes. FF=FF, FFIV=FFII, and FFVI=FFIII. After that they fixed the numbers.

Yeah I know so FFIV is in reality FFIII which isn't FFIV because it's FFII, right? RIGHT?

:shock:What? I am completely lost. So the new release of FF IV is actually FFII?

Well, not exactly. It was originally released as FFII for the SNES, b/c it was the second FF game released in the States. But it's always been called FFIV in Japan.

Oh so then there's 2 FFIV on the DS but a third one on the PS which was a port of.... ARRRGGGHHH SOMEBODY KILL ME :cry: !!!

You're making it more complicated than it is. FFIV= FFII in the U.S. because it was the second FF game released here. FFIII for the DS is simply FFIII, because that was the first time it was ever released on the DS. (can't call that milking can you lebs..... since they remade a previously unreleased game :P )

Well that makes sense. What about the FFII version from Japan, has been brought to the US?
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 lebanese_boy

If it helps just look at it like this. This is "sort of" like the Virtual Console. Bringing back old games for the newer generation and fans of the old. Just instead of rereleasing the same game for a few dollars, they are improving graphics adding a couple extras and selling it for full price ...Phantom5800

The virtual console is something else entirely :roll:, please don't compare milkage to the VC because when you buy from the VC, you're not buying a remake but the very same old version so it doesn't so much count.

I know what you mean, but it's really not the same. For me buying on the VC is like going to EB Games and getting the old game from there.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#57 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
How have OoT and ALttP been ported twice? Unless you're counting the Virtual Console... but I wouldn't say that counts, because they aren't milking anything out of it if they're selling it at a reduced price and with the same features from the original version. Not to mention that I wouldn't call Masterques much of a port considering it was a promotional FREE offer for gamers, and also was technically unreleased in the U.S. since it was the original Japanese version (if I'm right...).
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 murlow12
[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="lebanese_boy"][QUOTE="murlow12"][QUOTE="HyruleanLink"][QUOTE="lebanese_boy"][QUOTE="Phantom5800"][QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]

[QUOTE="ktulu007"]I'm going to have to agree with Leb FF IV is great but this is the third time they've remade it. HyruleanLink

You're mistaking with another FF IV which was technically FF III here in NA. See, the very fact that I know this scares me :(

Wow, all of these FF numbers are confusing.

This FFIV is really FFII from the SNES, right? : /

yes. FF=FF, FFIV=FFII, and FFVI=FFIII. After that they fixed the numbers.

Yeah I know so FFIV is in reality FFIII which isn't FFIV because it's FFII, right? RIGHT?

:shock:What? I am completely lost. So the new release of FF IV is actually FFII?

Well, not exactly. It was originally released as FFII for the SNES, b/c it was the second FF game released in the States. But it's always been called FFIV in Japan.

Oh so then there's 2 FFIV on the DS but a third one on the PS which was a port of.... ARRRGGGHHH SOMEBODY KILL ME :cry: !!!

You're making it more complicated than it is. FFIV= FFII in the U.S. because it was the second FF game released here. FFIII for the DS is simply FFIII, because that was the first time it was ever released on the DS. (can't call that milking can you lebs..... since they remade a previously unreleased game :P )

Well that makes sense. What about the FFII version from Japan, has been brought to the US?

Yeah, in FF I & II Dawn of Souls for the GBA. IMO, FFII is by far the worst game in the series.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 lebanese_boy

How have OoT and ALttP been ported twice? Unless you're counting the Virtual Console... but I wouldn't say that counts, because they aren't milking anything out of it if they're selling it at a reduced price and with the same features from the original version. Not to mention that I wouldn't call Masterques much of a port considering it was a promotional FREE offer for gamers, and also was technically unreleased in the U.S. since it was the original Japanese version (if I'm right...).REVOLUTIONfreak

No you're not, Masterquest was never released anywhere. It was the original version of the game before they had to cut so much to fit into the N64 cartridge.

And I take that back, OOT and ALTTP were ported once (I was counting the VC but I don't anymore). This further shows what I'm trying to get across here; Zelda kept it's originality while FF didn't.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 REVOLUTIONfreak

[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"]How have OoT and ALttP been ported twice? Unless you're counting the Virtual Console... but I wouldn't say that counts, because they aren't milking anything out of it if they're selling it at a reduced price and with the same features from the original version. Not to mention that I wouldn't call Masterques much of a port considering it was a promotional FREE offer for gamers, and also was technically unreleased in the U.S. since it was the original Japanese version (if I'm right...).lebanese_boy

No you're not, Masterquest was never released anywhere. It was the original version of the game before they had to cut so much to fit into the N64 cartridge.

And I take that back, OOT and ALTTP were ported once (I was counting the VC but I don't anymore). This further shows what I'm trying to get across here; Zelda kept it's originality while FF didn't.

Well, you need to think from Square-Enix' point-of-view. They aren't Nintendo, they don't have a million different secured franchises that are instant hits, so they rely on the franchises they do have to keep them profitable and in the spotlight. Then, when they have the resources, they make new games. For your information, Square-Enix does have many new IP's. They have Infinite Undiscovery for the 360, The Last Remnant, just released The World Ends With You, and are also developing Star Ocean IV. Square-Enix does the best with what they've got.
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 murlow12

[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"]How have OoT and ALttP been ported twice? Unless you're counting the Virtual Console... but I wouldn't say that counts, because they aren't milking anything out of it if they're selling it at a reduced price and with the same features from the original version. Not to mention that I wouldn't call Masterques much of a port considering it was a promotional FREE offer for gamers, and also was technically unreleased in the U.S. since it was the original Japanese version (if I'm right...).lebanese_boy

That's only b/c Zelda was embraced by an American audience while the early FFs weren't. Thankfully we now have the chance to experience what we missed.

And I agree with Rev's last point. Square-Enix is doing a great job balancing the old with the new. They have several exciting new games coming out, and of course FFXIII is on the horizon. I think they're doing a great job with what they have.

In conclusion, LB, STOP BEING A HATER! :P

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 lebanese_boy
[QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]

[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"]How have OoT and ALttP been ported twice? Unless you're counting the Virtual Console... but I wouldn't say that counts, because they aren't milking anything out of it if they're selling it at a reduced price and with the same features from the original version. Not to mention that I wouldn't call Masterques much of a port considering it was a promotional FREE offer for gamers, and also was technically unreleased in the U.S. since it was the original Japanese version (if I'm right...).REVOLUTIONfreak

Well, you need to think from Square-Enix' point-of-view. They aren't Nintendo, they don't have a million different secured franchises that are instant hits, so they rely on the franchises they do have to keep them profitable and in the spotlight. Then, when they have the resources, they make new games. For your information, Square-Enix does have many new IP's. They have Infinite Undiscovery for the 360, The Last Remnant, just released The World Ends With You, and are also developing Star Ocean IV. Square-Enix does the best with what they've got.

The best? Don't make me laugh....

And for your information I never said Square-Enix was only dealing with FF, even the most pathetic idiot is aware that they're doing other stuff aswell. But at which rate do they do it? A very small one. Plus everytime they do so, it get's behind FF's shadow.

Anyway let's drop the subject since we're way off-topic and I simply got bored discussing it.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 lebanese_boy
[QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]

[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"]How have OoT and ALttP been ported twice? Unless you're counting the Virtual Console... but I wouldn't say that counts, because they aren't milking anything out of it if they're selling it at a reduced price and with the same features from the original version. Not to mention that I wouldn't call Masterques much of a port considering it was a promotional FREE offer for gamers, and also was technically unreleased in the U.S. since it was the original Japanese version (if I'm right...).murlow12

That's only b/c Zelda was embraced by an American audience while the early FFs weren't. Thankfully we now have the chance to experience what we missed.

And I agree with Rev's last point. Square-Enix is doing a great job balancing the old with the new. They have several exciting new games coming out, and of course FFXIII is on the horizon. I think they're doing a great job with what they have.

In conclusion, LB, STOP BEING A HATER! :P

murlow get yourself a pair of glasses because not only you but others seem to have reading problems around here. So look, I'll repeat it one more time and I'll even use a bigger font for you:

I don't hate Final Fantasy, heck I'm going to buy Crisis Core. What I hate is how Square-Enix is milking the franchise and how it turned it's originality completely away.

And now I mean it, end of discussion. I'm tired of talking about that.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 REVOLUTIONfreak
I fail to see how Final Fantasy games lack originality when they're all individual games, not traditional sequels... they're sequels in name alone. Is Crisis Core milking? Yes. Dirge of Cerberus? Yes. (although the concept was original) Chocobo Tales? Yes. Otherwise, I think Square-Enix does a great job of providing entertaining and quality Final Fantasy titles. I see nothing wrong with that, I'd certainly buy more Zelda games if they were released more frequently, and the same applies to Final Fantasy. Square-Enix just knows how to deliver, unlike Nintendo. (not saying I want Zelda games to come out every year though)
Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Phantom5800
I'd certainly buy more Zelda games if they were released more frequently, and the same applies to Final Fantasy. Square-Enix just knows how to deliver, unlike Nintendo. (not saying I want Zelda games to come out every year though)REVOLUTIONfreak
^ That is a good point, remakes are released about two years apart (at least with III and IV) so they are not put out all that often. Nintendo did it a lot on the GBA too. They remade Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Metroid (under the title Zero Mission), and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past all on GBA with very minor changes if any at all.
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 REVOLUTIONfreak

[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"]I'd certainly buy more Zelda games if they were released more frequently, and the same applies to Final Fantasy. Square-Enix just knows how to deliver, unlike Nintendo. (not saying I want Zelda games to come out every year though)Phantom5800
^ That is a good point, remakes are released about two years apart (at least with III and IV) so they are not put out all that often. Nintendo did it a lot on the GBA too. They remade Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Metroid (under the title Zero Mission), and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past all on GBA with very minor changes if any at all.

lmao

Great point, looks like Lebs argument just got shot down the drain. As Murlow was saying, these games are all merely remade to offer them to younger gamers who never had the opportunity to experience these masterpieces.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 murlow12

[QUOTE="Phantom5800"][QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"]I'd certainly buy more Zelda games if they were released more frequently, and the same applies to Final Fantasy. Square-Enix just knows how to deliver, unlike Nintendo. (not saying I want Zelda games to come out every year though)REVOLUTIONfreak

lmao

Great point, looks like Lebs argument just got shot down the drain. As Murlow was saying, these games are all merely remade to offer them to younger gamers who never had the opportunity to experience these masterpieces.

I actually have to defend LB for a second. He never actually said that he agrees with all of the Mario remakes on the GBA; in fact, I'm sure he will come on here and say that he doesn't approve of this "milking", either. As long as he's consistent in his opinion--that "milking" old games with remakes isn't a good thing--then I can respect that, although I still don't agree with it.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 lebanese_boy

*Why am I still here? :roll: *

Wow, just wow... you people have some serious reading problems and I really suggest seing a Optometrist.

So to make things simple for you I'll present my views in a bullet-point format:

1) I have no problems with porting very old games to the newer generations of players, in fact this is one of the reasons why I'm so delighted about the VC; it gives the opportunity to newer gamers to finally be able to enjoy these games and to old gamers the ability to live back some fond memories.

2) I don't like the way the FF franchise is getting MILKED, meaning how many games from the same franchise are releasing each years (I think 2-3 have released this year alone so far). Porting an old could be considered milking aswell but I'm not against (see #1)

3) I said that Nintendo was smart with how they're handling the Zelda franchise (milking-free) since we're getting a new Zelda game each 2-3 years on home consoles and about the same for handhelds. Porting OOT to the VC is NOT milking. BUT, how they're handling Mario is a milking-spree. Releasing old games is one thing, but putting Mario is every imaginable scenarios is another. So read this well before you quoting about me again Phantom.

I truly hope I finally made myself clear.

Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Phantom5800

^ I just want to make clear the Mario part. The Mario Sports and Party games are NOT made by Nintendo. They license the characters to other companies to make the games, and from there it is up to third parties to make the sports (Camelot for one) / party(Hudson) games. Yes there were some three Final Fantasies this year, a large amount to occur in a year. If any, we usually see one Final Fantasy a year. To add to that is that every Final Fantasy is different and the only thing keeping them together is the name alone. Here are some different types of games under the series name:

Chocobo Dungeon series - Dungeon crawlers akin to the randomly generated dungeons of Mystery Dungeon games.

Tactics - Strategy RPG like Fire Emblem or Advance Wars.

Main series - RPG's of varying mechanics between games and many varying stories.

Misc Spinoffs - This is where games like FFXII:RW, FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus, FFVII: Crisis Core, etc fall in. This is where the real milking comes from. All the other catagories I do not consider milking, but if this area I greatly do. That does not mean they are bad games, but if anything they are all fanfare. Sequels/Prequels to games in the main series that are nothing like the originals. These games are made purely as fan service to fans of the games like FFVII and FFXII. Believe me, I have read each and every one of your posts so far, and you have used FFIV as an example of milking while praising Crisis Core (a game made purely as fan service to all the FFVII fans out there) as a future purchase, etc.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 lebanese_boy

^ I just want to make clear the Mario part. The Mario Sports and Party games are NOT made by Nintendo. They license the characters to other companies to make the games, and from there it is up to third parties to make the sports (Camelot for one) / party(Hudson) games. Yes there were some three Final Fantasies this year, a large amount to occur in a year. If any, we usually see one Final Fantasy a year. To add to that is that every Final Fantasy is different and the only thing keeping them together is the name alone. Here are some different types of games under the series name:

Chocobo Dungeon series - Dungeon crawlers akin to the randomly generated dungeons of Mystery Dungeon games.

Tactics - Strategy RPG like Fire Emblem or Advance Wars.

Main series - RPG's of varying mechanics between games and many varying stories.

Misc Spinoffs - This is where games like FFXII:RW, FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus, FFVII: Crisis Core, etc fall in. This is where the real milking comes from. All the other catagories I do not consider milking, but if this area I greatly do. That does not mean they are bad games, but if anything they are all fanfare. Sequels/Prequels to games in the main series that are nothing like the originals. These games are made purely as fan service to fans of the games like FFVII and FFXII. Believe me, I have read each and every one of your posts so far, and you have used FFIV as an example of milking while praising Crisis Core (a game made purely as fan service to all the FFVII fans out there) as a future purchase, etc.

Phantom5800

Whatever, I made my point so I'm out.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 REVOLUTIONfreak

Ok, I'm going to go ahead and make all of my points in a nice organized NUMBERED list for you lebs...

1. You numbered your points... you didn't bullet point them. :lol:
  2. Do not insult my intelligence, quite frankly I'm getting very irritated with all of the personal attacks you throw out at people when you disagree with them.
  3. Yes, Square-Enix has released three Final Fantasy games so far this year, but let's take a look at what they each scored here at Gamespot... Final Fantasy Tactics A2: 7.0 (although the average critic score is significantly higher), Final Fantasy IV: 9.0, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core: 9.0 So even if they are milking, they're milking some pretty damn good games.
  4. The point of all of this was for you to make FFIV out to be a game that is being "milked", but seeing as it's a quality game that has had some dramatic changes done to it, I don't consider it milking at all. Now, the Super Mario Advance games, those would be milking I would say... seeing as they did next to nothing new with those games. Meanwhile, FFIV not only received a drastic graphical overhaul, but it contains a new Augment feature, wireless multiplayer, a few (admittedly gimmicky) mini-games, voice acting, increased difficulty, and a reworked script.

NOW IF YOU'LL EXCUSE ME.... I have some FFIV to go play. :)

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 lebanese_boy

Ok, I'm going to go ahead and make all of my points in a nice organized NUMBERED list for you lebs...

2. Do not insult my intelligence, quite frankly I'm getting very irritated with all of the personal attacks you throw out at people when you disagree with them.
  3. Yes, Square-Enix has released three Final Fantasy games so far this year, but let's take a look at what they each scored here at Gamespot... Final Fantasy Tactics A2: 7.0 (although the average critic score is significantly higher), Final Fantasy IV: 9.0, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core: 9.0 So even if they are milking, they're milking some pretty damn good games.
  4. The point of all of this was for you to make FFIV out to be a game that is being "milked", but seeing as it's a quality game that has had some dramatic changes done to it, I don't consider it milking at all. Now, the Super Mario Advance games, those would be milking I would say... seeing as they did next to nothing new with those games. Meanwhile, FFIV not only received a drastic graphical overhaul, but it contains a new Augment feature, wireless multiplayer, a few (admittedly gimmicky) mini-games, voice acting, increased difficulty, and a reworked script.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Saying that [X point of view] is my point of view when I never did say so is not quite intelligent I must say :|. When did I ever say that porting old games was a bad thing hum? When ? Well there you go. My only point was that the FF franchise was being milked badly and it disgusted me, that's it. Anything you presumed beyond that was out of thin air and anything but intelligent.

Now I'm REALLY out of this discussion, don't bother responding because you'd be talking to a wall if you do.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 REVOLUTIONfreak
[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"]

lebanese_boy

Saying that [X point of view] is my point of view when I never did say so is not quite intelligent I must say :|. When did I ever say that porting old games was a bad thing hum? When ? Well there you go. My only point was that the FF franchise was being milked badly and it disgusted me, that's it. Anything you presumed beyond that was out of thin air and anything but intelligent.

Now I'm REALLY out of this discussion, don't bother responding because you'd be talking to a wall if you do.

Really? You're seriously insulting my intelligence again? Apparently you're the on who can't read if you're repeating the same thing I just asked you not to do... well, either you can't read or your just being rude.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 lebanese_boy

*sigh*, ok fine I'm sorry. But you've got to admit when you're wrong REV so our lives can go on. Read carefully what I say and don't invent stuff I didn't say because that's what you basically did.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 REVOLUTIONfreak

*sigh*, ok fine I'm sorry. But you've got to admit when you're wrong REV so our lives can go on. Read carefully what I say and don't invent stuff I didn't say because that's what you basically did.

lebanese_boy

Uh, well, am I not right in saying that the entire point of this argument was for you to prove that Square-Enix is milking FF by releasing another remake of FFIV? That's not making stuff up, that's pointing out the obvious...

But this argument is only frustrating me, and it's getting us nowhere. The bottom line is that FFIV is an amazing game, it's not milking anything, and I'm glad I bought it. /end argument

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 lebanese_boy
[QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]

REVOLUTIONfreak

Uh, well, am I not right in saying that the entire point of this argument was for you to prove that Square-Enix is milking FF by releasing another remake of FFIV? That's not making stuff up, that's pointing out the obvious...

But this argument is only frustrating me, and it's getting us nowhere. The bottom line is that FFIV is an amazing game, it's not milking anything, and I'm glad I bought it. /end argument

Well there you go, that was NOT the point of my argument.

I just said that I was going to pass on this game, then for no reasons murlow says that I hate RPGs. Then I reply by saying that I love RPGs but hate the way the FF franchise is milked. After that you ultimately assumed that I was talking about the game being ported that was the milking and all I said is that I wanted to see less FF and more new stuff since Square-Enix's librairy is 95% of FF games.

The both you and murlow begin to attack me more for a reason from which I am absolutely clueless about. Then I had no choice but to reply to these ''attacks'' and kept repeating and repeating that I never said FF games were bad. Heck why are they mostly AAA titles?

True I did state that Square ported these games ''a million times'' and that they should focus on the new ones more. I mean they were ported on the GBA and even on the PSP. But still, for you to make such a big deal about a sentence I said which absolutely does not represent my views on porting old games is just simply gross.

I'm as much frustrated by this argument as you but really I had to point these things out so many times and you still ignore what my true point of view is.

gameman9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 gameman9
Member since 2004 • 5949 Posts
WILL YOU TWO JUST END IT ALREADY!!!!
HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 HyruleanLink
WILL YOU TWO JUST END IT ALREADY!!!!gameman9
Another classic Leb/Rev debate. I saw the game in the store and the cover looks cool. I was kinda surprised that the game was $40. I thought it would be $35. I always knew Square was expensive.
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 REVOLUTIONfreak
[QUOTE="gameman9"]WILL YOU TWO JUST END IT ALREADY!!!!HyruleanLink
Another classic Leb/Rev debate. I saw the game in the store and the cover looks cool. I was kinda surprised that the game was $40. I thought it would be $35. I always knew Square was expensive.

Maybe I should come up with a booklet compilation, and title it "Lebs VS. Rev: The Greatest Hits Edition". :lol:
mos333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#80 mos333
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

Lulz, grow up folks.

Anyway, I thought the game kinda sucked. Boring for an RPG, and that's not what an RPG should be like!

I'll stick to TWEWY :]

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 murlow12
[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]

lebanese_boy

Well there you go, that was NOT the point of my argument.

I just said that I was going to pass on this game, then for no reasons murlow says that I hate RPGs. Then I reply by saying that I love RPGs but hate the way the FF franchise is milked. After that you ultimately assumed that I was talking about the game being ported that was the milking and all I said is that I wanted to see less FF and more new stuff since Square-Enix's librairy is 95% of FF games.

The both you and murlow begin to attack me more for a reason from which I am absolutely clueless about. Then I had no choice but to reply to these ''attacks'' and kept repeating and repeating that I never said FF games were bad. Heck why are they mostly AAA titles?

True I did state that Square ported these games ''a million times'' and that they should focus on the new ones more. I mean they were ported on the GBA and even on the PSP. But still, for you to make such a big deal about a sentence I said which absolutely does not represent my views on porting old games is just simply gross.

I'm as much frustrated by this argument as you but really I had to point these things out so many times and you still ignore what my true point of view is.

Now you've just proved that you're the one who misread from the beginning, thus starting this argument. Here was my EXACT QUOTE:

"Utter blasphemy! What do you have against RPGs?"

Where exactly did I SAY that you hate RPGs, as you claim above?

Also, I never "attacked" you, I merely defended FFIV, which is one of my favorite games of all time.

mos333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 mos333
Too much needless drama in this union methinks.
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 REVOLUTIONfreak

Lulz, grow up folks.

Anyway, I thought the game kinda sucked. Boring for an RPG, and that's not what an RPG should be like!

I'll stick to TWEWY :]

mos333

Boring? Hardly. At least it's less corny than half of the RPG's that come out these days... you have to keep in mind that this game and storyline was created in a time where it was completely original. Sure, FFIV may not be the most brilliant of games if you look at it in a modern perspective, but this is where it all began. Plus, the game has been remade very well. Have you played the remake, or are you just talking about the other versions of the game?

FFIV DS hasn't even been released in Europe yet... so perhaps you should refrain from judging a game you technically haven't played?

mos333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 mos333

And maybe you should refrain from assuming things :P.

Imported it, played it, got bored, left it. I haven't played the original, but playing a remake doesn't mean you have to. It should be fun regardless and for me, it's not =/. Also, I'm not comparing it to other RPG's or games, that's not a good way to rate games IMO.

As a stand-alone game, regardless of whether it's a remake, or whatever, it's just not very fun.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 murlow12

Imported it, played it, got bored, left it. I haven't played the original, but playing a remake doesn't mean you have to. It should be fun regardless and for me, it's not =/. Also, I'm not comparing it to other RPG's or games, that's not a good way to rate games IMO.

As a stand-alone game, regardless of whether it's a remake, or whatever, it's just not very fun.

mos333
Well you, sir, are in the extreme (and I mean EXTREME) minority.
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 REVOLUTIONfreak
[QUOTE="mos333"]

murlow12
Well you, sir, are in the extreme (and I mean EXTREME) minority.

So it seems. Although I don't think it's fair to judge a game you can't even read (ASSUMING you don't speak Japanese). A lot of people seem to find traditional RPG's boring, but frankly I find a lot of the modern RPG's to be lacking in originality and depth.
mos333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 mos333

It's in English though o_o.

Oh, and have a look at the reviews. A lot of people feel it's a lazy effort. The graphics are pretty bad aswell btw. Not the best the DS can do.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 murlow12

Oh, and have a look at the reviews. A lot of people feel it's a lazy effort. The graphics are pretty bad aswell btw. Not the best the DS can do.

mos333
What reviews? The average review is 86.1%, which is pretty damn good, and that's based on 22 reviews...
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 REVOLUTIONfreak

mos333

Uh, the reviews are all overwhelmingly positive. Gamespot even gave it a 9.0 and the Editor's Choice Award.

And for the record, the DS actually can't do much better than that... so in that case, Square-Enix did a brilliant job turning the game into a 3D title while not drastically changing the game's art st.yle and such. Plus, the CG work and voice acting are nice additions.

Seems like you are in the tiny minority here...

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 lebanese_boy

Will you two stop isolating mos333 already? All I keep hearing is ''Your a tiny minority'' all over the place. If this is going to turn out to be a hostile thread then I really suggest a immediate lock before any problems get bigger. I hate FF games (in general) and mos333 happens to not like FFIV, LIVE WITH IT!

Oh and I'm simply going to try to ignore what you said to me murlow, that story is over.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 murlow12

Will you two stop isolating mos333 already? All I keep hearing is ''Your a tiny minority'' all over the place. If this is going to turn out to be a hostile thread then I really suggest a immediate lock before any problems get bigger. I hate FF games (in general) and mos333 happens to not like FFIV, LIVE WITH IT!

Oh and I'm simply going to try to ignore what you said to me murlow, that story is over.

lebanese_boy

LB, you are being extremely defensive here. mos333 IS in the extreme minority here; we are just stating facts. I think he's aware of that fact, but of course he's still entitled to his opinion.

That other story may be over, but I still don't appreciate how you put words in my mouth. Again, I never said that you hate RPGs, but for some reason you read it that way.

I will agree with you, though, that nothing else constructive can come from this thread. Therefore, this will be my last post here.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 REVOLUTIONfreak
[QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]

murlow12

LB, you are being extremely defensive here. mos333 IS in the extreme minority here; we are just stating facts. I think he's aware of that fact, but of course he's still entitled to his opinion.

That other story may be over, but I still don't appreciate how you put words in my mouth. Again, I never said that you hate RPGs, but for some reason you read it that way.

I will agree with you, though, that nothing else constructive can come from this thread. Therefore, this will be my last post here.

Haha, looks like I'm not the only one Lebs can get in a heated debate with...

Can we actually discuss the game now, please? :lol:

I'm about halfway through it I'd say, or close to it. It's very good, especially as a handheld RPG. Very challenging also, I love RPG's that make boss fights something you have to focus and concentrate on rather than just breeze by in one or two tries.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 murlow12

I'm about halfway through it I'd say, or close to it. It's very good, especially as a handheld RPG. Very challenging also, I love RPG's that make boss fights something you have to focus and concentrate on rather than just breeze by in one or two tries.REVOLUTIONfreak
That's one of the best features of the early FF games; bosses are actually difficult. Sometimes it can be frustrating to die a few times, but it is so much rewarding when you finally beat him. Games today are just so much easier. Take Phantom Hourglass, for example. I beat it yesterday and I never had any trouble, the whole way through. It was still fun, but it was definitely designed for 10-year olds. I really hope this isn't the direction Zelda is headed...
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 lebanese_boy
There is one thing I didn't enjoy about Golden Sun and it was the old-style RPG Gameplay, is it the same in this game or it is more of a modernized Gameplay mechanic?
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 murlow12
There is one thing I didn't enjoy about Golden Sun and it was the old-style RPG Gameplay, is it the same in this game or it is more of a modernized Gameplay mechanic?lebanese_boy
Yeah, this is pretty old-school. You will probably have to do some level grinding and there are plenty of random battles.
SilverRao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#96 SilverRao
Member since 2007 • 244 Posts
I got it yesterday and it really is a great game. I reccomend it to anyone.
HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 HyruleanLink
I think the boxart is pretty cool.:P I hope to pick up this game in the future.
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 REVOLUTIONfreak
I think the boxart is pretty cool.:P I hope to pick up this game in the future.HyruleanLink
Seems like you're further proof that an attractive boxart can make all the difference in deciding to buy a game. :P
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 murlow12

[QUOTE="HyruleanLink"]I think the boxart is pretty cool.:P I hope to pick up this game in the future.REVOLUTIONfreak
Seems like you're further proof that an attractive boxart can make all the difference in deciding to buy a game. :P

:D

I've actually never even considered that, but I guess it can have a different effect on different people.

HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 HyruleanLink

[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="HyruleanLink"]I think the boxart is pretty cool.:P I hope to pick up this game in the future.murlow12

:D

I've actually never even considered that, but I guess it can have a different effect on different people.

Besides the boxart, I am well aware how the franchise is. Boxart plays a role in selling games on the shelf, but not all of it. Don't worry, I do not buy games solely on boxart.:P