Will PC have the same fate as Dinosaurs?

DeadManRollin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 DeadManRollin
Member since 2003 • 4406 Posts

A long running debate: will Consoles take over PC gaming?

It is almost a cliched topic, but my personal opinion is PC gaming will never die. What's your two cent?

Benny_is_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Benny_is_here
Member since 2004 • 10084 Posts
PC and console gamers will always exist seperately in this, the war of life. And such.
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

PC and console gamers will always exist seperately in this, the war of life. And such.Benny_is_here

Well I dont know about that, I use both.

That said PC gaming to me is slowly loosing exclusives, Crysis is now multiplatform but then Street Fighter has come on PC (but a fair few months after the console version). The issue for me is compatability and that reaslistically, the consoles are able to recreate the same graphics now. All they miss is keyboard and mouse controls and thats it.

loopy_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 157

#4 loopy_101
Member since 2005 • 28044 Posts
I don't think so, the PC has a very hardcore community of homebrew and indie developers. It won't go down without a fight.
pai-may

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 pai-may
Member since 2008 • 4101 Posts
I don't think so, the PC has a very hardcore community of homebrew and indie developers. It won't go down without a fight.loopy_101
PC has continued as a platform for gaming in over six generations of console and has survived Neo Geo, Atari Jaguar, Sega whatever, 3DO and lots of smaller consoles which have fallen by the wayside. PC will not go the way of the dinosaur.
rikhan_z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#6 rikhan_z
Member since 2005 • 3410 Posts

PC had the parts and interface to make it into the PC, keeping in mind that 6 years ago, there were PDA's and Plamtops, this may be the future. Consoles will always be in our homes, keeping in mind that something like the PSP2 can take over consoles and we can take it around and play games on flights and etc...

However that's too much of a predictable answer

When it comes to games and software, it will continue, no question about it, a game like Starcraft does the answer justice and influenced many part of the world... imagine what Starcraft 2 will do?

Also keeping in mind that computers have been around for decades, the PC has been around for almost 30 years and science fiction animes shows screens in a hologram vision... surely everyone knows it's a PC.