Union Award Show Renaissance *Voting Thread Open!*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#151 mariostar0001
Member since 2009 • 46245 Posts
All right, I've had three responses so far. YAY! :D:lol::P
Ebbon_Valentia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 Ebbon_Valentia
Member since 2009 • 12780 Posts

Current award categories:

-Union of the Year 2010

-Best Visual Union

-Best OT/Discussion Union

-Best Sports Union

-Best First to Fight Union

-Best New Union of 2010

-Best Community Assistance Union

-Best Gaming Union

-Most Dedicated Union (this would include all the work put inside of it to make it succesful, the base of the officers, how the union is handled, etc.)

-Most Informative Union (That would be the best union that is often updating the frontpage with news, has a good presentation and is always up to the date.)

-Favorite Top 25 View Union (We know who the #1 is, but half of us know it not our favorite union. Same goes for the other 24. So the people will pick one of the top 25.)

-Favorite Union Banner

-Most Thriving Union

*possibility for an award to best leader and officer in gamespot*

m4t3u5LP

You could also consider a Creativity award to see who has been reeling in and pulling out many new ideas, concepts and themes for their unions.

There is also possibility for a Support concept of seeing whose officers have assembled and provide a good image of what their union is and what it is meant to be.

From reading the Awards Ceremony from 2007 I can understand how the sequence of events goes. Very interesting and well-done if I may say so, indeed. :)

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 mariostar0001
Not sure if you saw my confirmation of it, but I volunteer to help with vote counting and such.
Dgalmun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#154 Dgalmun
Member since 2009 • 16266 Posts

Not the best, but oh well:

julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#155 julian_jr
Member since 2007 • 83416 Posts
Not sure if you saw my confirmation of it, but I volunteer to help with vote counting and such. mariostar0001
Oh alright awesome mario! I'll add you to the list. I think perhaps now we've got about enough to start, although we can add up to two more. Also, could you track me mario? I'm unable to see your profile since it's set to private.
Avatar image for the-silent-hero
the-silent-hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 the-silent-hero
Member since 2009 • 27646 Posts

All right, I've had three responses so far. YAY! :D:lol::Pmariostar0001

Same here. :D

Kakarot589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Kakarot589
Member since 2007 • 30107 Posts

Yeah I'll help out

I'll make some scroll tags

julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 julian_jr

You could also consider a Creativity award to see who has been reeling in and pulling out many new ideas, concepts and themes for their unions.

There is also possibility for a Support concept of seeing whose officers have assembled and provide a good image of what their union is and what it is meant to be.

From reading the Awards Ceremony from 2007 I can understand how the sequence of events goes. Very interesting and well-done if I may say so, indeed. :)

Ebbon_Valentia
I think we could consider the creativity award and support somewhat similar to most dedicated. We could merge them all together somehow into one.

We will be following that format pretty similarly although I'd like if we have a designing team and enough helping hands to create actual awards as well for the winning unions. Also we're gonna have to create a skit that rivals that year's :P It'll be fun though, and definitely be the first time in a while I've seen so many unions unite for something.
the-silent-hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 the-silent-hero

Dgalmun

I guess I'll make some tags too.

Dgalmun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Dgalmun
Do you even know the size?
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 julian_jr
           Dgalmun
Thanks DG! I'm gonna add all userbars in the 3rd post of this thread if you don't mind. People can take any that they want to support this.
Dgalmun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Dgalmun
I'm cool with that. ;)
the-silent-hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 the-silent-hero

Do you even know the size? Dgalmun

350 x 19.

It varies though, I've seen 350 x 17, 18, ect.

The one I have now is 350 x 20.

julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 julian_jr
350x19 is the kind I use since it fits perfect with my actual sig.
Dgalmun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Dgalmun

[QUOTE="Dgalmun"]Do you even know the size? the-silent-hero

350 x 19.

Alrighty then, just don't make it look like if it was made from chickarita forever, you gotta make people orgasm from it. ;)

Ebbon_Valentia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Ebbon_Valentia
Member since 2009 • 12780 Posts

I think we could consider the creativity award and support somewhat similar to most dedicated. We could merge them all together somehow into one.

We will be following that format pretty similarly although I'd like if we have a designing team and enough helping hands to create actual awards as well for the winning unions. Also we're gonna have to create a skit that rivals that year's :P It'll be fun though, and definitely be the first time in a while I've seen so many unions unite for something.

julian_jr

As for designing when the time comes I can throw forth ideas and when possible do some custom work myself. I also have friends who might throw in designs on request if you like; so I can ask them.

the-silent-hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 the-silent-hero
[QUOTE="the-silent-hero"]

[QUOTE="Dgalmun"]Do you even know the size? Dgalmun

350 x 19.

Alrighty then, just don't make it look like if it was made from chickarita forever, you gotta make people orgasm from it. ;)

:lol:

I downloaded GIMP about 5 days ago, so I'm pretty new to this. :P Never made a tag before. I want to see how it'll come out. :P

Dgalmun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Dgalmun

If you want tips, come to me. ;)

I'm pretty much like a pro since I've been using photoshop for almost year. Just to let you know, I've also used GIMP before.

Kakarot589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Kakarot589
Hmm...I guess I'll stop working on the tags
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 julian_jr
As for designing when the time comes I can throw forth ideas and when possible do some custom work myself. I also have friends who might throw in designs on request if you like; so I can ask them.Ebbon_Valentia
I think a union header would be the best option since winning unions could showcase them in their homepages. The designs I'm not exactly sure of what it could be, although we could perhaps start working on headers already and have it so that when the awards are being presented all we have to do is add the name of the winning union in the header. Unlike the 2007 one, I think it would be nicer if we created spoilers and had the sigs inside each spoiler so that winning unions would have their prizes.
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 julian_jr
Hmm...I guess I'll stop working on the tagsKakarot589
Kakarot, are there any unions that you know of that may not know about this event? We still need to inform plenty of union leaders about this, so that they can let their unions be aware of what is happening.
Kakarot589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Kakarot589

[QUOTE="Kakarot589"]Hmm...I guess I'll stop working on the tagsjulian_jr
Kakarot, are there any unions that you know of that may not know about this event? We still need to inform plenty of union leaders about this, so that they can let their unions be aware of what is happening.

Just the half active unions I'm in, I think

I'll try to let them know

PolskaKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 PolskaKing
Member since 2008 • 39592 Posts
Sounds like a great idea, what can I do to help?
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 mariostar0001
[QUOTE="mariostar0001"]Not sure if you saw my confirmation of it, but I volunteer to help with vote counting and such. julian_jr
Oh alright awesome mario! I'll add you to the list. I think perhaps now we've got about enough to start, although we can add up to two more. Also, could you track me mario? I'm unable to see your profile since it's set to private.

I did because a thumbs down spammer attacked most of my reviews and half a dozen blogs. :x Anyway, consider yourself tracked. ;):P
XDWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 XDWarrior
Member since 2010 • 1376 Posts

Silent asked OKH to help... so I'm in.:D

julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 julian_jr
Sounds like a great idea, what can I do to help?PolskaKing
Polska do you know of any unions out there which do not know of this? If so, could you contact the leader and tell them about this, we've got a template in the first post that you can just copy and paste if you don't feel like writing much. ;) We need as many unions to know about this as possible however.

Also, what do you think of the categories? We are only going to have 8-10 different categories, so right now we're trying to see which to keep and which to get rid of.
PolskaKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 PolskaKing
[QUOTE="PolskaKing"]Sounds like a great idea, what can I do to help?julian_jr
Polska do you know of any unions out there which do not know of this? If so, could you contact the leader and tell them about this, we've got a template in the first post that you can just copy and paste if you don't feel like writing much. ;) We need as many unions to know about this as possible however.

Also, what do you think of the categories? We are only going to have 8-10 different categories, so right now we're trying to see which to keep and which to get rid of.

Alright, I can try and see. Only new union I know of though started after the new year though, so they can't be one of those best new unions of 2010. But, I can see what I can do.
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 julian_jr
Do you think that perhaps I should change that category to just best new union? New being that it is under a year old.
PolskaKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 PolskaKing
Do you think that perhaps I should change that category to just best new union? New being that it is under a year old. julian_jr
Yeah, I think that would work out well then.
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 julian_jr

XDWarrior
Hello Warrior, and welcome! Right now we mostly need people to spread word about this to other union leaders so that they may inform their unions about this. If you know of any unions out there, could you contact their leader and tell them about this?

We have a template you can copy and paste in the first post if you want to use that. ;)
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 julian_jr
What do you all recommend to do about the union of the year category? I feel it's a necessary category, although the weird part is that we just started a new year. :?
XDWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 XDWarrior
[QUOTE="XDWarrior"]

julian_jr

Hello Warrior, and welcome! Right now we mostly need people to spread word about this to other union leaders so that they may inform their unions about this. If you know of any unions out there, could you contact their leader and tell them about this?

We have a template you can copy and paste in the first post if you want to use that. ;)

I'll contact Pain of The Naruto Hideaway.:D

But, the userbars won't work on my sig... well, probably. See, I can't see my or anyone else's sigs, for some reason, so check for me?

julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 julian_jr
[QUOTE="julian_jr"][QUOTE="XDWarrior"]

XDWarrior

But, the userbars won't work on my sig... well, probably. See, I can't see my or anyone else's sigs, for some reason, so check for me?

I can see your sigs just fine, you probably turned them off without knowing. Check your preferences and under forums see if you have images turned off. ;)
PolskaKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 PolskaKing
What do you all recommend to do about the union of the year category? I feel it's a necessary category, although the weird part is that we just started a new year. :?julian_jr
Well...it could state as for 2010...unless we obviously do all this later on in the year...>.>
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 julian_jr
Well...it could state as for 2010...unless we obviously do all this later on in the year...>.>PolskaKing
Ideally this should have been done either in November or December, but we're doing it in January so it's a little weird in that set up. Do you think if it said 2010 then that would work fine and no one would get confused?
Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#186 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts
I wouldn't mind helping.
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 julian_jr
I wouldn't mind helping.shadowchronicle
Shadow, would you like to be a part of the team that does the hosting and counts all the votes?
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Shadowchronicle

[QUOTE="shadowchronicle"]I wouldn't mind helping.julian_jr
Shadow, would you like to be a part of the team that does the hosting and counts all the votes?

Sure.

But what do you mean by hosting and counting? Not to sound rude but I'm curious. I'm up to the task.

PolskaKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 PolskaKing
[QUOTE="PolskaKing"]Well...it could state as for 2010...unless we obviously do all this later on in the year...>.>julian_jr
Ideally this should have been done either in November or December, but we're doing it in January so it's a little weird in that set up. Do you think if it said 2010 then that would work fine and no one would get confused?

I think that would work fine.
XDWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 XDWarrior

[QUOTE="julian_jr"][QUOTE="shadowchronicle"]I wouldn't mind helping.shadowchronicle

Sure.

But what do you mean by hosting and counting? Not to sound rude but I'm curious. I'm up to the task.

Hi, Shadow.:D

Nice to see you.

XDWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 XDWarrior
[QUOTE="XDWarrior"][QUOTE="julian_jr"][QUOTE="XDWarrior"]

julian_jr

I can see your sigs just fine, you probably turned them off without knowing. Check your preferences and under forums see if you have images turned off. ;)

OMG... I've had that problem for six months, you're awesome. I told Pain, by the way... should I even bother sending it to the Moderator Collective, did Polska already do it?

Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Shadowchronicle

[QUOTE="julian_jr"][QUOTE="PolskaKing"]Well...it could state as for 2010...unless we obviously do all this later on in the year...>.>PolskaKing

I think that would work fine.

or we could do it in the summer. It could be union summer awards. Sometimes being patient is a good thing and we should wait on this. Or do it now because we are already telling people to do it.

julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 julian_jr

[QUOTE="julian_jr"][QUOTE="shadowchronicle"]I wouldn't mind helping.shadowchronicle

Sure.

When you have time, check the 2007 awards. The people who set everything up created a skit to go along with everything, and when presenting the awards. As for counting, we will be counting all the votes and nominations. We won't be doing this with the use of a standard poll, instead people will have to post their vote to ensure that no one is cheating. We will have to count up all the votes after the voting stages end
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Shadowchronicle
[QUOTE="shadowchronicle"]

[QUOTE="julian_jr"][QUOTE="shadowchronicle"]I wouldn't mind helping.XDWarrior

Sure.

Hi, Shadow.:D

Nice to see you.

I'm doing good man.:P Thanks for the welcome back btw.;)
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Shadowchronicle
[QUOTE="shadowchronicle"]

[QUOTE="julian_jr"][QUOTE="shadowchronicle"]I wouldn't mind helping.julian_jr

Sure.

When you have time, check the 2007 awards. The people who set everything up created a skit to go along with everything, and when presenting the awards. As for counting, we will be counting all the votes and nominations. We won't be doing this with the use of a standard poll, instead people will have to post their vote to ensure that no one is cheating. We will have to count up all the votes after the voting stages end

I gotit. I'll do it!
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 julian_jr
OMG... I've had that problem for six months, you're awesome. I told Pain, by the way... should I even bother sending it to the Moderator Collective?XDWarrior
Haha, no problem. ;) I say don't bother with the moderator collective. Those mods are busy most of the time, and we've already assembled a pretty good team I think, with the use of several unions.
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 julian_jr
or we could do it in the summer. It could be union summer awards. Sometimes being patient is a good thing and we should wait on this. Or do it now because we are already telling people to do it.shadowchronicle
It's too late now lol. :P This plan has already started, and word has spread everywhere. If we didn't come through and do this now, then people will just be saddened and not believe it to occur in the summer. Besides, we can manage to do a great job I bet. ;) Look at all the different unions who have united so far, and how far word has spread in 24 hours since this started. ;) It'll be fun and worth it.
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Shadowchronicle

[QUOTE="shadowchronicle"]or we could do it in the summer. It could be union summer awards. Sometimes being patient is a good thing and we should wait on this. Or do it now because we are already telling people to do it.julian_jr
It's too late now lol. :P This plan has already started, and word has spread everywhere. If we didn't come through and do this now, then people will just be saddened and not believe it to occur in the summer. Besides, we can manage to do a great job I bet. ;) Look at all the different unions who have united so far, and how far word has spread in 24 hours since this started. ;) It'll be fun and worth it.

True! Early start will be exciting.

Should we make a union for this?

PolskaKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 PolskaKing
[QUOTE="shadowchronicle"]or we could do it in the summer. It could be union summer awards. Sometimes being patient is a good thing and we should wait on this. Or do it now because we are already telling people to do it.julian_jr

What unions have united already?
the-silent-hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 the-silent-hero

[QUOTE="julian_jr"][QUOTE="shadowchronicle"]or we could do it in the summer. It could be union summer awards. Sometimes being patient is a good thing and we should wait on this. Or do it now because we are already telling people to do it.shadowchronicle

True! Early start will be exciting.

Should we make a union for this?

Where would the awards be held, anyway?

^ I think that's a pretty good idea. :P