Shattered-dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

User Lists: 0

#1 Shattered-dream
Member since 2012 • 729 Posts

You believe in nothing I'm a Christian but is this just to diss us? I speak for everyone atleast I'm willing to ask in a nice way!

I'm asking this poll to really get it! Because I love God, but I don't get this it seems disrespectful to people! Look at that Christmas sign last year they try to make us made it seems! 

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

Atheists are not a group, we are just people who don't believe a god exists and that term simply represents that.  No one subscribes to an atheist doctrine because there isn't one.  The union is here for us to discuss things that religious people like yourself will not like and/or will disagree with.  It's also nice to know that there are people out there that share the same lack of belief as I do considering the number of religious people far out weight the atheists.  

The funny thing is you don't like a few signs but I as a non believer have christianity and religion in my face daily. You even have days dedicated to your beliefs...

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
My first thought is... why not? Secondly, you seem to be highly uneducated regarding atheism. Atheists believe in a wide variety of things. We have morals, we have political slants, we have ideas about many different subjects. Theologically we reject the claim that "God exists" due to a lack of evidence in it's favor. We do not claim "God most certainly does not exist". We merely assert that the claim is not strong enough for us to consider as plausible (many aspects and arguments in favor of God are self-refuting). Thirdly, I don't see how us creating a gathering place for like-minded individuals is somehow "disrespectful" to either you or your community. Your beliefs do not entitle you to freedom from offense or exposure to ideas that make you uncomfortable. Based on your posts that I have read, I feel that you might be a teenager (a young one) who has very little life experience and is just parroting what you have been taught to say by your parents and religious community members. I urge you to do some reading about atheism and other non-religious ideas, and do so with an open mind. Don't be afraid of us because you are ignorant of our position on things, if your faith is strong, understanding our point of view will only make you a more tolerant person.
Avatar image for RationalAtheist
RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RationalAtheist
Member since 2007 • 4428 Posts

You believe in nothing I'm a Christian but is this just to diss us? I speak for everyone atleast I'm willing to ask in a nice way!

I'm asking this poll to really get it! Because I love God, but I don't get this it seems disrespectful to people! Look at that Christmas sign last year they try to make us made it seems! 

Shattered-dream

We believe in nothing? You speak for everyone? You call that asking in a nice way? The last sentence in your post does not make any sense, which is some accomplishment for a post edited four times!

Which God do you love? I personally think religion disrespects people - as I believe you've just demonstrated yourself with that post.

Go and defensively protect your Christmas, but realise that it is only a re-purposed pagan festival that is designed to advertise rather than celebrate. 

Avatar image for Shattered-dream
Shattered-dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Shattered-dream
My first thought is... why not? Secondly, you seem to be highly uneducated regarding atheism. Atheists believe in a wide variety of things. We have morals, we have political slants, we have ideas about many different subjects. Theologically we reject the claim that "God exists" due to a lack of evidence in it's favor. We do not claim "God most certainly does not exist". We merely assert that the claim is not strong enough for us to consider as plausible (many aspects and arguments in favor of God are self-refuting).

Thirdly, I don't see how us creating a gathering place for like-minded individuals is somehow "disrespectful" to either you or your community. Your beliefs do not entitle you to freedom from offense or exposure to ideas that make you uncomfortable.

Based on your posts that I have read, I feel that you might be a teenager (a young one) who has very little life experience and is just parroting what you have been taught to say by your parents and religious community members. I urge you to do some reading about atheism and other non-religious ideas, and do so with an open mind. Don't be afraid of us because you are ignorant of our position on things, if your faith is strong, understanding our point of view will only make you a more tolerant person.Zeviander

I'm 20 Jr. I was number 2 in my class. Type in the sign is was disrespectful every atheist I met was hateful it seem like a cult.
Shattered-dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Shattered-dream
Atheists are not a group, we are just people who don't believe a god exists and that term simply represents that.  No one subscribes to an atheist doctrine because there isn't one.  The union is here for us to discuss things that religious people like yourself will not like and/or will disagree with.  It's also nice to know that there are people out there that share the same lack of belief as I do considering the number of religious people far out weight the atheists.  The funny thing is you don't like a few signs but I as a non believer have christianity and religion in my face daily. You even have days dedicated to your beliefs...junglist101

The nation was founded on it. You love it or by God you leave it!
RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RationalAtheist

I'm 20 Jr. I was number 2 in my class. Type in the sign is was disrespectful every atheist I met was hateful it seem like a cult. Shattered-dream

Number 2? Isn't that slang for something? At 20, you're younger than Zev and less than half my age. Ithink the point raised wasn't about your actual age, but about the lack of understanding and defensive immaturity displayed by your post: It was as if you can't accept that people could have differerent viewpoints to your own. You imply that if they do, then it is only to "diss" you, rather than actually consider that people would have conflicting beliefs to your ones that are justified and genuine.

The nation was founded on it. You love it or by God you leave it!

Shattered-dream

As an international user, I do wonder why Christian Americans confuse Freedom of (and from) religion with jingoistic patriotism.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Zeviander
I'm 20 Jr. Shattered-dream
And that makes it substantially worse, when your posting style and method of interacting with others comes off as a young teenager, but you are an adult.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Zeviander
The nation was founded on it. Shattered-dream
 No, it wasn't. It was founded on secular values forcibly separated from any religious influence. It was the first nation of it's kind in the history of humanity.
Shattered-dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shattered-dream

[QUOTE="Shattered-dream"]The nation was founded on it. Zeviander
 No, it wasn't. It was founded on secular values forcibly separated from any religious influence. It was the first nation of it's kind in the history of humanity.

I'm sick and tired of smart answers. Take history it was founded on religion! You think you know what your talking about, but I know what I'm talking about! 

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Zeviander
You think you know what your talking about, but I know what I'm talking about! Shattered-dream
You must have been homeschooled.
junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

He's just trolling between his homeschool studies.  

He was held back in home school a few years... 

RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RationalAtheist

I'm sick and tired of smart answers. Take history it was founded on religion! You think you know what your talking about, but I know what I'm talking about! 

Shattered-dream

Do you prefer dumb answers? 

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts
[QUOTE="Shattered-dream"]

RationalAtheist

read his OT threads.

Short answer: yes

Long answer: yessssssss

Shattered-dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Shattered-dream
[QUOTE="RationalAtheist"][QUOTE="Shattered-dream"]

wis3boi

read his OT threads.

Are you in love with me or something? 

RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RationalAtheist

Shattered-dream

Are you seeking attention or something? 

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts
[QUOTE="wis3boi"][QUOTE="RationalAtheist"][QUOTE="Shattered-dream"]

Shattered-dream

read his OT threads.

No, you're just an attention whore

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts
Guys, I think Shattered-Dreams is mad.
RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RationalAtheist
Please let's not stoop to the level of personal insults: I think they say more about you than the person you attack.