Would you use an Amiga in this day and age?

Avatar image for deactivated-5df4e79c309ad
deactivated-5df4e79c309ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5df4e79c309ad
Member since 2005 • 6045 Posts

The Amiga was my favorite computer back in the 80s, but I don't see any significant support for it today. Personally, if I were to switch to an alternative to the PC I'm currently using, I would consider the Mac.

Is there anybody using a modern Amiga today?

Oscgro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Oscgro
Member since 2003 • 550 Posts

dont have an amiga anymore - But I would love to.

I really mean that - not rose tinted vision here :D

But seriously, If i had my Amiga with all the games I had it would definitely be played. I just found the stle of games and the fun they brought to be better than most I play today

Superb Machine

Devvy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#3 Devvy01
Member since 2006 • 14018 Posts

I had my 'fully blown' Amiga A1200 upto about 3 years ago with masses of discs, ext drives, spare parts, 3 x amiga 500s and it was just taking up room and not being used as the PC has really taken over. The types of games I played was superfrog, robocod, some simulation games but mostly music development and until recently purchasing a new music keyboard, never thought of using one again. I mean if you wish to go back to one, they're rare as hen's teeth in OZ but if you can afford the freight there's quite afew on the international ebay sites. Sometimes I think I would use it but, probably not.. I've sorta moved on.
P.S. the one listed in another post when I enquired about getting one sold for only $140 but its internal drive was buggered.

dannyodwyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#4 dannyodwyer
Member since 2005 • 2179 Posts

I gave my original one away around 9 years ago, but christmas before last my girlfriend bought me the same model (A600) and butloads of games.

Have it hooked up to my theater system at home now. Nothing like SWOS on a 92' screen.
Though i dont play it THAT often.
And the subwoofer has trouble with the amiga sound card sometimes, and freaks me out with insane noise :D