Zelda TP to be the hardest Zelda ever ?

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bad--Robot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bad--Robot
Member since 2005 • 6702 Posts
http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=6007 Specifically, Mr. Oyama feels the monsters you'll face in Twilight Princess will make the game the "greatest Zelda game ever." That's an awfully tall order, but Mr. Oyama sure is confident. Mr. Oyama also went on to state that in past Zelda games the enemies were too easy, and the ones we'll face in Twilight Princess will pose a greater challenge.
thardus317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 thardus317
Member since 2004 • 6400 Posts
Good for the hardcore, bad for the casuals. :P
Silencer786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Silencer786
Member since 2005 • 5816 Posts
i dont like Zelda....its overrated IMO :) i have had nearly an year since i bought Wind Waker and still havent finished it coz it sucks expecially that sailing
SilentHawk21T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 SilentHawk21T
Member since 2004 • 1301 Posts
excellent, good news after Wind Waker
Vastet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 Vastet
Member since 2004 • 2568 Posts
If the game is even moderately difficult to beat I'll be happy. That's Zelda's greatest flaw. You can beat the game without dying once. It is in fact one of the reasons I shake my head at anyone who claims it ever deserved a 10.
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
hope so, but of course the item you get always is the key to victory when fighting the boss dungeons. So I'm betting they will just make some smarter bosses, along with well developed ideas on how to use the new items.
Shakezoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Shakezoola
Member since 2005 • 1358 Posts
i dont like Zelda....its overrated IMO :) i have had nearly an year since i bought Wind Waker and still havent finished it coz it sucks expecially that sailingSilencer786
lol u started at gamecube!
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 yoshi_64
If the game is even moderately difficult to beat I'll be happy. That's Zelda's greatest flaw. You can beat the game without dying once. It is in fact one of the reasons I shake my head at anyone who claims it ever deserved a 10. Vastet
Are you talking about OoT? It definately deserves the 10. I have no idea what you're talking about. WW was easy, but playing the old Zelda games, and you may find yourself dieing a few times. Especially the first game
Bad--Robot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bad--Robot
[QUOTE="Vastet"]If the game is even moderately difficult to beat I'll be happy. That's Zelda's greatest flaw. You can beat the game without dying once. It is in fact one of the reasons I shake my head at anyone who claims it ever deserved a 10. yoshi_64
Are you talking about OoT? It definately deserves the 10. I have no idea what you're talking about. WW was easy, but playing the old Zelda games, and you may find yourself dieing a few times. Especially the first game

agreed, Some of the bosses in LTTP are so hard its stupid. like that damn scorpion boss you fight when you get the hammer
Notsogr8one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Notsogr8one
Member since 2004 • 3739 Posts
WW was way too easy. Yay for teh difficulty (Seriously)! Oot, while not that hard, was much more challenging IMO than WW and while it may have not deserved a 10, I believe it is the MOST deserving game of it so far.
NoShenanigans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NoShenanigans
Member since 2006 • 2488 Posts
if it is true, then thank god
Uhcip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Uhcip
Member since 2004 • 1927 Posts
WW was way too easy. Yay for teh difficulty (Seriously)! Oot, while not that hard, was much more challenging IMO than WW and while it may have not deserved a 10, I believe it is the MOST deserving game of it so far.Notsogr8one

i felt Majoras mask difficulty was about perfect
if its something like that ill be happy
Vastet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Vastet
[QUOTE="Vastet"]If the game is even moderately difficult to beat I'll be happy. That's Zelda's greatest flaw. You can beat the game without dying once. It is in fact one of the reasons I shake my head at anyone who claims it ever deserved a 10. yoshi_64

OOT might have deserved a 10 if it didn't cater to children and wasn't insanely easy to beat. You fail.
forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
Hardest Zelda ever? In that case, I gotta go play through Adventure of Link and Oracle of Ages again.
Uhcip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Uhcip
[QUOTE="yoshi_64"][QUOTE="Vastet"]If the game is even moderately difficult to beat I'll be happy. That's Zelda's greatest flaw. You can beat the game without dying once. It is in fact one of the reasons I shake my head at anyone who claims it ever deserved a 10. Vastet

OOT might have deserved a 10 if it didn't cater to children and wasn't insanely easy to beat. You fail.

catered to children ?
insanely easy ?
you must be very 'hard core'
FalconZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 FalconZero
Member since 2003 • 15023 Posts
Let's have more of Stone Temple difficulty [MM, hard, but creatively awesome in that sense.] as opposed to Water Temple [Hard, in a frustrating way.] 
Vastet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Vastet
[QUOTE="Vastet"][QUOTE="yoshi_64"][QUOTE="Vastet"]If the game is even moderately difficult to beat I'll be happy. That's Zelda's greatest flaw. You can beat the game without dying once. It is in fact one of the reasons I shake my head at anyone who claims it ever deserved a 10. Uhcip

catered to children ?
insanely easy ?

I am, though I suspect that was intended as sarcasm. I do own the game and do enjoy playing it, but it did not deserve a 10.
Uhcip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Uhcip
[QUOTE="Uhcip"][QUOTE="Vastet"][QUOTE="yoshi_64"][QUOTE="Vastet"]If the game is even moderately difficult to beat I'll be happy. That's Zelda's greatest flaw. You can beat the game without dying once. It is in fact one of the reasons I shake my head at anyone who claims it ever deserved a 10. Vastet

catered to children ?
insanely easy ?

I am, though I suspect that was intended as sarcasm. I do own the game and do enjoy playing it, but it did not deserve a 10.

thats your opinion
state it so please :)
its too hard to tell fanboys and gamers apart in this forum
saruman354

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 saruman354
Member since 2004 • 10776 Posts
Good. One of the few flaws with the others is the difficulty; they're too easy.
Vastet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Vastet
[QUOTE="Vastet"][QUOTE="Uhcip"][QUOTE="Vastet"][QUOTE="yoshi_64"][QUOTE="Vastet"]If the game is even moderately difficult to beat I'll be happy. That's Zelda's greatest flaw. You can beat the game without dying once. It is in fact one of the reasons I shake my head at anyone who claims it ever deserved a 10. Uhcip

catered to children ?
insanely easy ?

thats your opinion

99% of all posts in this forum is opinion. :P
Uhcip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Uhcip
[QUOTE="Uhcip"][QUOTE="Vastet"][QUOTE="Uhcip"][QUOTE="Vastet"][QUOTE="yoshi_64"][QUOTE="Vastet"]If the game is even moderately difficult to beat I'll be happy. That's Zelda's greatest flaw. You can beat the game without dying once. It is in fact one of the reasons I shake my head at anyone who claims it ever deserved a 10. Vastet

catered to children ?
insanely easy ?

thats your opinion

hey you know what i mean :)
vince03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 vince03
Member since 2004 • 587 Posts
dammit and i thought Minish Cap was frustrating! :angry:
Uhcip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Uhcip
really ?
i thought it was one of the easier ones
Vastet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Vastet
[QUOTE="Vastet"][QUOTE="Uhcip"][QUOTE="Vastet"][QUOTE="Uhcip"][QUOTE="Vastet"][QUOTE="yoshi_64"][QUOTE="Vastet"]If the game is even moderately difficult to beat I'll be happy. That's Zelda's greatest flaw. You can beat the game without dying once. It is in fact one of the reasons I shake my head at anyone who claims it ever deserved a 10. Uhcip

catered to children ?
insanely easy ?

thats your opinion

lol. Let me put it this way. I consider OOT a must play game. But I beat the game with 3 hearts without even getting the double hp. I consider that too far easy. Trying to get into the childish part would take awhile, but I doubt there are many people around my age who would deny it had a kids atmosphere. Since it's so easy and doesn't appeal to more age groups I wouldn't have given it more than a 9.5 at the very most.
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 yoshi_64
[QUOTE="yoshi_64"][QUOTE="Vastet"]If the game is even moderately difficult to beat I'll be happy. That's Zelda's greatest flaw. You can beat the game without dying once. It is in fact one of the reasons I shake my head at anyone who claims it ever deserved a 10. Bad--Robot

agreed, Some of the bosses in LTTP are so hard its stupid. like that damn scorpion boss you fight when you get the hammer

Ughh, that boss really pissed me off a lot. I hated falling so much, then climb back up, fight the boss, fall again, and then repeat.....
Bad--Robot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Bad--Robot
really ?
i thought it was one of the easier onesUhcip
what :?
Bbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 Bbird
Member since 2006 • 978 Posts
i dont like Zelda....its overrated IMO :) i have had nearly an year since i bought Wind Waker and still havent finished it coz it sucks expecially that sailingSilencer786
W.T.F... sailing was so hot. Discovering new lands. U proly didnt even see all there is to see. Stop by every island along the way and enjoy the game. Dont breeze through. What is WW too hard for you? I doubt it.....casual....
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 yoshi_64
[QUOTE="Uhcip"][QUOTE="Vastet"][QUOTE="Uhcip"][QUOTE="Vastet"][QUOTE="Uhcip"][QUOTE="Vastet"][QUOTE="yoshi_64"][QUOTE="Vastet"]If the game is even moderately difficult to beat I'll be happy. That's Zelda's greatest flaw. You can beat the game without dying once. It is in fact one of the reasons I shake my head at anyone who claims it ever deserved a 10. Vastet

catered to children ?
insanely easy ?

thats your opinion

lol. Let me put it this way. I consider OOT a must play game. But I beat the game with 3 hearts without even getting the double hp. I consider that too far easy. Trying to get into the childish part would take awhile, but I doubt there are many people around my age who would deny it had a kids atmosphere. Since it's so easy and doesn't appeal to more age groups I wouldn't have given it more than a 9.5 at the very most.

I'm sure you could, many probably can, after playing the game for the first time. I however doubt you did this your first time though. Also the games atmosphere was no child tone if you asked me. This game had just the right atmosphere of it's intended audience. Which was everyone. The storytelling was exceptional for it's time. It was a rescue mission for some, there was love conflicts for others, and than many could see this as a romantic story for all. So it varied depending on how you look at it.
HeedleGlavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#29 HeedleGlavin
Member since 2005 • 15373 Posts
If the game is even moderately difficult to beat I'll be happy. That's Zelda's greatest flaw. You can beat the game without dying once. It is in fact one of the reasons I shake my head at anyone who claims it ever deserved a 10. Vastet
Oh, I forgot that one of the stipulations of getting a perfect 10 was that you had to die. I'll keep that in mind.
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 yoshi_64
[QUOTE="Vastet"]If the game is even moderately difficult to beat I'll be happy. That's Zelda's greatest flaw. You can beat the game without dying once. It is in fact one of the reasons I shake my head at anyone who claims it ever deserved a 10. HeedleGlavin
Oh, I forgot that one of the stipulations of getting a perfect 10 was that you had to die. I'll keep that in mind.

I guess the whole experience is not what gaming is all about? ....besides I think he does ponder too much of this game. But in the wrong direction. Yet, he is honest, and I must say this is his opinion. Just like the perfect score is Jeffs Opinion. But many do agree with that. So he's not to far off.
KenTa_613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#31 KenTa_613
Member since 2004 • 11702 Posts

hope so, but of course the item you get always is the key to victory when fighting the boss dungeons. So I'm betting they will just make some smarter bosses, along with well developed ideas on how to use the new items.yoshi_64

Yeah, that would be good. Smart bosses. :P

AwakingDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AwakingDragon
Member since 2004 • 647 Posts
If they can take all the difficulty in Wind Waker, and the 2 Oracle games and make this Zelda a step even harder, that would be the ultimate challenge. I wonder who they get to make all these puzzles ?
TheThreeSixOh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TheThreeSixOh
Member since 2005 • 12586 Posts
I hope so because all the 3D Zeldas have been pretty easy. More challenge is what the series needs IMO.
Vastet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Vastet
Actually I didn't die my first time through, though I had more than three hearts. I believe I got up to 15 before starting a new game and trying it without getting any heart bonus'. And no, I suppose it's not a requirement that you die in order to get a perfect score. But it doesn't feel like a game if you can't die. It feels more like a movie that you press buttons here and there to advance through. Granted, maybe I'm just better at it than some people. But this isn't the first time I have thought a game could have been better if it were harder. Heck, the strongest guys in the game(-bosses) were those axe wielding suits of armour. And it was no difficult feat to take them out without getting smacked once.
yodariquo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#35 yodariquo
Member since 2005 • 6631 Posts
[QUOTE="forgot_it"]Hardest Zelda ever? In that case, I gotta go play through Adventure of Link and Oracle of Ages again.

Glad somebody said that. It took me 2 years to beat Oracle of Ages (put it off due to continued need of a walkthrough). Meanwhile Adventure of Link is possibly the hardest game I've ever played, Zelda or otherwise. But increased difficulty over the prior 3D Zeldas is quite welcome. Just don't make it difficult in the "I have no clue what to do next" way.
KD-Archangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 KD-Archangel
Member since 2006 • 621 Posts
[QUOTE="Vastet"]Actually I didn't die my first time through, though I had more than three hearts. I believe I got up to 15 before starting a new game and trying it without getting any heart bonus'. And no, I suppose it's not a requirement that you die in order to get a perfect score. But it doesn't feel like a game if you can't die. It feels more like a movie that you press buttons here and there to advance through. Granted, maybe I'm just better at it than some people. But this isn't the first time I have thought a game could have been better if it were harder. Heck, the strongest guys in the game(-bosses) were those axe wielding suits of armour. And it was no difficult feat to take them out without getting smacked once.

Don't get me wrong, I love difficult games. I play for the challenge. But overly difficult games like DMC3 get less praise from reviewers and gamers alike. Be careful what you wish for.
EnergyAbsorber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 EnergyAbsorber
Member since 2005 • 5112 Posts

[QUOTE="forgot_it"]Hardest Zelda ever? In that case, I gotta go play through Adventure of Link and Oracle of Ages again.
yodariquo
Glad somebody said that. It took me 2 years to beat Oracle of Ages (put it off due to continued need of a walkthrough). Meanwhile Adventure of Link is possibly the hardest game I've ever played, Zelda or otherwise. But increased difficulty over the prior 3D Zeldas is quite welcome. Just don't make it difficult in the "I have no clue what to do next" way.

I agree. Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link is one of my all-time favorite Zelda games. A great 2D side-scrolling Zelda game,(unlike the horrific CDI games). The increased enemy challenge is welcome:).

Avatar image for insanewolfninja
insanewolfninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#38 insanewolfninja
Member since 2005 • 4919 Posts
http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=6007 Specifically, Mr. Oyama feels the monsters you'll face in Twilight Princess will make the game the "greatest Zelda game ever." That's an awfully tall order, but Mr. Oyama sure is confident. Mr. Oyama also went on to state that in past Zelda games the enemies were too easy, and the ones we'll face in Twilight Princess will pose a greater challenge.Bad--Robot
its gonna rock we all knowwwww.
Avatar image for insanewolfninja
insanewolfninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#39 insanewolfninja
Member since 2005 • 4919 Posts
[QUOTE="Silencer786"]i dont like Zelda....its overrated IMO :) i have had nearly an year since i bought Wind Waker and still havent finished it coz it sucks expecially that sailingShakezoola
lol u started at gamecube!

I personally loved wind waker and as for the zelda sucks go play your madden for all we care and if the only experince you hade with games has just been one year shut up i have been playing games for 12 years. so I defintly know more then you me and everybody else.
SOAD3PAUL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 SOAD3PAUL
Member since 2005 • 4607 Posts
(one of the casuals that suck at Zelda games)
soulkeeper90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 soulkeeper90
Member since 2004 • 6153 Posts
There should be a difficulty option. Easy, Normal, Hard, and Very Hard. Now that would make Zelda really fun.
KenTa_613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#42 KenTa_613
Member since 2004 • 11702 Posts

There should be a difficulty option. Easy, Normal, Hard, and Very Hard. Now that would make Zelda really fun.soulkeeper90

No, just keep it on a sort of high difficulty.

Goldensun48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Goldensun48
Member since 2006 • 1181 Posts
;)yuppers, it is the hardest
El_Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 El_Fanboy
Member since 2002 • 5789 Posts
stop digging up old threads!
6matt6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 6matt6
Member since 2005 • 9726 Posts

;)yuppers, it is the hardestGoldensun48

why bring back a thread more then a year old? and for the record TP as the easiest zelda EVER! imo.

btw i just noticed this thread was started by bad_robot :lol: ahhhhh the memories.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
Damn this thread is old. Well TP was harder than the WW......but it still wasn't hard enough.
hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hyruledweller
Member since 2006 • 3168 Posts
Why do you dig up old threads. If you want to discuss a topic, make a new thread.
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=6007 Specifically, Mr. Oyama feels the monsters you'll face in Twilight Princess will make the game the "greatest Zelda game ever." That's an awfully tall order, but Mr. Oyama sure is confident. Mr. Oyama also went on to state that in past Zelda games the enemies were too easy, and the ones we'll face in Twilight Princess will pose a greater challenge.Bad--Robot

I have all the Zelda games and the NES games are easily the most challenging in all respects. The games got easier with each gen.   While twilight princess is harder than Wind Waker...that's not saying much.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts

Zelda TP was dissapointingly easy, and not even close to being the hardest game in the series (it's a more likely canidate for easiest). I only died maybe 3 times in the whole 60 hours I played it. :(

The NES Zeldas on the other hand... I haven't even beaten them because they're so unforgiving. 

NATATO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 NATATO
Member since 2004 • 498 Posts
yea seriously, why the hell bring out a thread older than a year.