Zelda: A Link to the Past .... HD... on the PS3

• 146 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

[QUOTE="siLVURcross"] Ugh, after Super Metroid then >_>siLVURcross

Its a fairly short game just so you know, but its great.

Oh good then. Guess Vagrant Story can wait JUST a bit longer.

Cant wait till I go on vacation this Friday, itll give me time to complete FFVIII and start Vagrant Story :P.

The__Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 The__Havoc
Member since 2009 • 2350 Posts

Not a single thing in that violates any copyright. It is very similar to, and obviously pulls much inspiration from ALttP, but its still an original work.

foxhound_fox

Nintendo sued Enterbrain and got 76 million yen with the whole Emblem Saga/Tear Ring Saga situation. Who knows now and days what could happen.

Decko5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#103 Decko5
Member since 2004 • 9428 Posts
this looks pretty cool
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#104 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

And that's why I want it. So awesome and nostalgic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

I'd be slightly more interested if it didn't look like Lego Zelda, looks good none the less. It's caught my interest I think. Glad it's on one of the real consoles for a change.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#106 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

Whoa. This is awesome.

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

there is no lawsuits nintendo can grab at sony

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

Looks intriguing.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

I understand. Gamboy player is pretty useful. My friend had one. Metroid Fusion and LttP were great games though. I think you'll like them. I'll get some of the SNES games I missed through VC unless they are really cheap at the pawn shop I go to. Still have so many games to play.

ActicEdge

I'm working on assembling my collection right now. Over the past two years I've managed to aquire like 30+ games and I have two coming in the mail for Dreamcast.

Problem is getting time to play all these games. It takes significant effort to get through these imo lol. Hard to find the time and motivation sometimes.

Imagine what it's like to play them in Japanese. I've been playing Tactics Ogre for quite a while now and it's a major chore to try to understand the story. I did better than I thought I would, but it's still a lot of work for something I'm not totally understanding. Worth it though (and better than spending $200 on the game).

I've beaten almost all of my Saturn games though.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="siLVURcross"][QUOTE="-Oath"]

Its a fairly short game just so you know, but its great.

-Oath

Oh good then. Guess Vagrant Story can wait JUST a bit longer.

Cant wait till I go on vacation this Friday, itll give me time to complete FFVIII and start Vagrant Story :P.

I'm interested in your opinions.

I'm getting Eternal Arcadia in the mail soon, should I let you know how that goes?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#111 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Wow that is a blatnet ripoff of zelda.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

I have played Zero Mission if that counts for anything. I intend to get it though.

ActicEdge

I have Zero Mission, it's amazing.

I wish that GBA games came in cases. :( I don't like owning loose cartridges and cardboard boxes aren't made to keep.

lol, I tried to keep my Gameboy advance boxes but they are simple not made for long periods of time. The moce to plastic was something I liked with DS, PS2 etc. Makes keeping stuff easy. As for Zero Mission, I played that game by shear coincidence. I slept over at a friends house and his ggameboy died so I let him use mine. Forgot to take out the cartride and I took it home lol. Figured I'd just start playing it. Damn I'm so happy that happened lol.

You know what's weird? Japanese PS2 cases warp. The clear plastic on the covers is different (and better) but i have a bent case on one of my favorite alltime games. It could have something to do with why I got it brand new for $10 from play-asia, but I've noticed warping with other Japanese cases.

Awesome.

I'd put these into a single post, but gamespot seems to hate it when I try.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

[QUOTE="treedoor"]

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

The countrys are without a doubt within the top 10, but they're no LTTP or Yoshis Island.

-Oath

I've played all of these games mentioned, I enjoy the games mentioned, but nothing, and I mean NOTHING comes close to the absolutely hilarious co-op in Donkey Kong Country.

I have never laughed harder at a video game. I'm just laughing now thinking about it.

Great games, but none of them were that funny. Except 2, there were some things in it that game me a lengthy chuckle here and there.

No no no

Dying, and then having your friend take over as the other monkey, and immediately dying is hilarious.

I've never gotten more enjoyment out of a game, and so much replay value.

It's not JUST that, but everything else is really just a joke you'd have to experience with a friend to think is funny.

Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#114 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
The tilt-shift looks like it could become really annoying.
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#115 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

I blame baby mario.

[QUOTE="siLVURcross"]Never played Yoshi's Island. (Am I a bad person?)foxhound_fox

If you have played Super Mario World, yes. If not, not as much.

Yoshi's Island was the absolute peak of the Mario platformer series. It offered incredibly deep platforming mechanics (that I have not seen matched) as well as an amazing "hand-painted" art-styIe, a fantastic story (for a Mario game), absolutely exceptional level design, and some incredibly fun and difficult boss fights. The ending in and of itself is worth playing the game for.

I personally don't get the SMW love everywhere. Yoshi's Island was everything that was good about SMW, and so, so, so very much more.

inb4WHATABOUTGALAXY!?

Shy_Guy_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#116 Shy_Guy_Red
Member since 2006 • 17138 Posts

Number of Reasons to buy a PS3 +1

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#117 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts
Nintendo can't sue From Software for making this game just because the gameplay is similar. You didn't see Rockstar suing all those companies who try to make a bunch of games that were inspired by GTA like Saints Row.
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#118 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

Cool, Lego Zelda!!! Oh, wait, this is an original game?

xionvalkyrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 xionvalkyrie
Member since 2008 • 3444 Posts

A unique and interesting art style for sure.

Kiljoy66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Kiljoy66
Member since 2008 • 481 Posts

Can't wait for this. Makes me wanna dig out my copy of Alundra and play it again.

evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#121 evilross
Member since 2003 • 2076 Posts

Funny thing is, this game will prolly be as great as the old Zelda games like Link to the Past and the original, while the last Zelda game by Nintendo was rubbish.

From Software has a long history of making really great, but niche, games. This seems like a real departure for them. I hope it comes here. I will by a English language version on day one.

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts

It's a homage to classic 2D action adventure games, it will/does resemble Zelda, but a lawsuit is too far.

Yandere
I dont know it does copy alot from the Zelda series/formula. Element based dungeons, sages, attacking chickens, and the music is very simular.
KG86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 KG86
Member since 2007 • 6021 Posts

That looks pretty cool.

Kiljoy66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Kiljoy66

Yes, because livestock and dungeons soley belong toa single game series such as Zelda. Next thing you know people will be saying the forests and towns are stealing from Zelda, and also any NPCS offering quests right? Cause if it's not Zelda it's stealing.

Sig12047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Sig12047
Member since 2004 • 4194 Posts

That looks like Lego Zelda. It even has cuccoos!

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

At first I thought joke post. Then watchng the beginning of the vid I thought it was a fan video. Now, after reading the thread, I'm just thrilled. I can't wait to play. Looks fantastic!

Wolf_BladeGX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Wolf_BladeGX
Member since 2007 • 266 Posts

Somebody at From Software really, really likes his LEGOs.

stayhigh1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 stayhigh1
Member since 2008 • 724 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UvYWMSRAVo

Incoming lawsuits?

SquatsAreAwesom
Why lawsuit? its like saying all FPS play the same but with different weapons..lol..
-CUBE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 -CUBE-
Member since 2006 • 708 Posts

[QUOTE="treedoor"]

[QUOTE="AmayaPapaya"]

I love Zelda clones! Hopefully it comes to NA!

Yandere

I believe Atlus is fighting it out with someone else for publishing rights, so whoever wins I'm pretty certain it's hitting the states.

Unless it's impossible for them to win.

Atlus better win, they need to get out of the red.

No wait what?! Atlus are in financial troubles? since when? Atlus are my favorite company..I can't imagine gaming without them T_T
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19600 Posts

[QUOTE="SquatsAreAwesom"]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UvYWMSRAVo

Incoming lawsuits?

stayhigh1

Why lawsuit? its like saying all FPS play the same but with different weapons..lol..

Except that in this you're using the same weapons in very very similar environments, to fight enemies that are basically identical to the ones in Zelda games. Oh, not to mention the focus on the sages in the plot - calling it a 'passing resemblence' is the understatement of the year. I'm not even sure if I saw anything original there...if people hadn't said it was on the PS3 I would've just assumed that this was a new Wii Zelda game.

So yeah, I really think that they should be sued for it.

Anyway, looks good, but I'm not sure why it's on the PS3. Sony wasn't around in those 8-bit days, so the nostalgia might be lost on their fans.

*edit* Oh, and anyone who doesn't see the resemblence clearly hasn't played enough 2D Zelda games (Zelda 1, Link to the Past, and any of the ones on the Gameboy).

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
That looks REALLY good. o_o I want it.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 hakanakumono

You know, it really is more than being in the same genre. It looks like link (but blue) and they even have the master sword or whatever.

Kiljoy66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Kiljoy66

I fail to see what sony not being in the gaming biz in the 8 bit era has anything to do with from software putting this game on ps3. Anyone that grew up in the 8 bit era will get the nostalgia despite what console.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

So yeah, I really think that they should be sued for it.

Anyway, looks good, but I'm not sure why it's on the PS3. Sony wasn't around in those 8-bit days, so the nostalgia might be lost on their fans.

*edit* Oh, and anyone who doesn't see the resemblence clearly hasn't played enough 2D Zelda games (Zelda 1, Link to the Past, and any of the ones on the Gameboy).

Planeforger

You sound as if you think no one who owns a Sony console ever played videogames before the PS1 came around...

And yeah, the game looks Zelda-like. Just like it looks Chrono Trigger-like and early FF-like. Games set in highly fantasized locations on 8 and 16 bit consoles borrowed from a lot of the same story arcs, themes, monsters, playstyles, and "look". This game is certainly intended to pay homage to these games, and that genre, and that era of gaming. I don't think it anything Nintendo can sue over. If it is I figure we'll know very soon!

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#135 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

I like the whole "lego" and "3d/8-bit" art-style..and i'm sure the game might be fun..but anyone thinks for a second this isnt a rip-off of zelda is clearly lying to themselves.

From Software and Sony better be careful...or Nintendo might sue the **** out of them..which would be a shame considering I really enjoy From software's games.

Kandlegoat
Hudson made Neutopia 1 and 2 for turbo graphics 16 back in 1989 they were just like zelda1 and lttp but had better graphics than zelda, had same type of story too. And nintendo couldn't sue then , they can't sue now. Come on now, this game is homage to classic games, and it has DQ elements too.
freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts

I love how the position of the town to his house is near identical.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

It's a homage to classic 2D action adventure games, it will/does resemble Zelda, but a lawsuit is too far.

Yandere
They changed just enough of the game from the original for a lawsuit to actually happen.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#138 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Meh, I never played any of the old Zelda titles so I don't really care. I'm interested in 3d Dot Heroes, so if I like it I may be forced to try out the older Zelda titles.

eveileb-ekam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 eveileb-ekam
Member since 2009 • 1578 Posts

6 sages protecting orbs that have gods power residing in it? A 2D map that flattens and pans across? A theme tune that has about one chord different from Zelda's theme? Jumping spider enemies that are exactly the same as the ones on Death Mountain? Boulders falling down a burning red mountain in exactly the same animation? A swords embedded in a pedestal that resembles the Master Sword? The "item got" animation? Sword beams? A boomerang weapon with the same animation? Cuccoos?

Anyone saying that this does not technically infringe any copyright laws clearly does not know much about how copyright law is practiced. Saying "lol why dont Nintendo just copyright boulders falling and quest from NPCs and farms!!!" misses the point - it is a combination of these things that make up an Intellectual Property and these are copyrighted. Companies have been sued for less before now.

Okami is a typical Zelda clone. That game was inspired. This is derivative.

Im just saying.

If this manages to not be squashed, Im going to buy it day 1. There arent enough games derived from Zelda / 8 bit days. Its just a shame the art style hasnt been put to use in an orignial game.

Kiljoy66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Kiljoy66

So you get butt hurt because of the way a boomerang is thrown and boulders fall down a mountain, huh. Frankly I don't think there is anything they COULD do that the whiners would be happy with there would always be some small hint to the almighty zelda in their eyes. Guess homages are illegal now and parodies as well. To me the main character looks nothing like link since he looks more like a warrior in armor and not a tunic.

OH! I know, maybe they should make the boulder fall UP the mountains instead then it wouldn't be infringing on zeldas apparent IP of boulders falling down a mountain.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#141 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

I have to admit this looks very interesting!!!

eveileb-ekam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 eveileb-ekam
Like I said, its not just that the boulder is falling, but that it is falling in exactly the same way, and within the context of the rest of the game. The devil is in the details. Parodies and homages make a habit of changing up the source material they derive from. The only distinguishing feature this game has over Zelda and Dragon Quest is the art styIe. Its derivitive. Im not butt hurt, not in the slightest. I will buy this game day 1. However, its unreasonable to argue that it is not a ridiculously close Zelda clone by taking one of the examples. Look at the whole.
Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

Looks like Zelda, Plays like Zelda, Smells like Zelda.........Its Zelda. Lawsuit waiting to happen. Looks awesome though.

spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts

6 sages protecting orbs that have gods power residing in it? A 2D map that flattens and pans across? A theme tune that has about one chord different from Zelda's theme? Jumping spider enemies that are exactly the same as the ones on Death Mountain? Boulders falling down a burning red mountain in exactly the same animation? A swords embedded in a pedestal that resembles the Master Sword? The "item got" animation? Sword beams? A boomerang weapon with the same animation? Cuccoos?

Anyone saying that this does not technically infringe any copyright laws clearly does not know much about how copyright law is practiced. Saying "lol why dont Nintendo just copyright boulders falling and quest from NPCs and farms!!!" misses the point - it is a combination of these things that make up an Intellectual Property and these are copyrighted. Companies have been sued for less before now.

Okami is a typical Zelda clone. That game was inspired. This is derivative.

Im just saying.

If this manages to not be squashed, Im going to buy it day 1. There arent enough games derived from Zelda / 8 bit days. Its just a shame the art style hasnt been put to use in an orignial game.

eveileb-ekam

You forgot to mention the Pegasus boots at 1:36

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

Well **** , if Nintendo doesn't want to make it, someone will!

Chutebox
Nintendo is too busy making Wii Sports Jump Rope and some such other trash. Seriously, Ninty needs to get back to making a good games, and yeah I'm gonna say it, Galaxy was good, but not AAA good. I got bored with it half way and with each upcoming star I kept hoping it was the end. And Zelda needs to evolve. Its been the same damn thing since day one. It was charming a while ago, but now we are getting SNES gameplay on the GC/Wii....not cool. :(
eveileb-ekam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 eveileb-ekam
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Well **** , if Nintendo doesn't want to make it, someone will!

II_Seraphim_II
Nintendo is too busy making Wii Sports Jump Rope and some such other trash. Seriously, Ninty needs to get back to making a good games, and yeah I'm gonna say it, Galaxy was good, but not AAA good. I got bored with it half way and with each upcoming star I kept hoping it was the end. And Zelda needs to evolve. Its been the same damn thing since day one. It was charming a while ago, but now we are getting SNES gameplay on the GC/Wii....not cool. :(

Nintendo are making the same games that they always have, and always will. Wii Sports Jump Rope? Doesnt exists. Try Resort, though, its actually awesome. Galaxy was a return to form for a Mario platformer. It had more in common with SM3 and SMW than 64 or Sunshine. A return to form, to be honest. Youre opinion doesnt negate the fact that Galaxy is critically and commercially superb, which are the only measuring sticks we can really go by for Nintendo's success. I agree with you on Zelda. Wind Waker was fantastic, but only half a game, and Twilight Princess, though an amazing action adventure game, seemed to rely too heavily on its predecessors. I dont understand how you can say "Nintendo needs to get back to making good games" implying that you want games similar to their immense and amazing backlog, then turn around and complain that you are getting the same thing since the SNES.