Your thoughs on the Pokemon Series at this point

• 113 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for NegativeAWESOME
NegativeAWESOME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NegativeAWESOME
Member since 2010 • 39 Posts

All the new pokemon for B/W were just revealed. Link here.

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

I know most people on system wars are EXTREMELY sceptical of pokemon. Ever since the guy at GT said "It's the same game as 10 years ago" in his D/P review, people here used that phrase again and again and again. But I think the new pokemon are really diverse and interesting, and most people on the Gamefaqs board agree. I know 90% of posters here will bash...everything. Or maybe not.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
People say it's the same thing, but then complain about the new Pokemon. To me, the new Pokemon is what keeps me playing. The excitement of the unknown Pokemon, I like to play it without knowing anything about a random new Pokemon I have caught, and levelling them up into beasts. I think they need to improve on the ingame minigames though.
sboyer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sboyer2
Member since 2010 • 941 Posts
I love them and think it's still one the best game experiences out there. Those games are way too fun.
SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]People say it's the same thing, but then complain about the new Pokemon. To me, the new Pokemon is what keeps me playing. The excitement of the unknown Pokemon, I like to play it without knowing anything about a random new Pokemon I have caught, and levelling them up into beasts. I think they need to improve on the ingame minigames though.

This. The story needs improvements, yes, and there are a lot of other things that can be made better, but at its core Pokemon is a lot of fun because of the thrill of having a ton of new Pokemon to catch and train.
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts
Not really a fan of the way the new Pokemon look at all.
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

All the new pokemon for B/W were just revealed. Link here.

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

I know most people on system wars are EXTREMELY sceptical of pokemon. NegativeAWESOME

Eh what?? People here debate about every game out there... but when it comes to pokemon, all of them are like fanboys, they just can't have enough.

As for me well, yeah I think it's the same old stuff but with nicer graphs.

Imma pass on this one.

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Calvin079
Member since 2008 • 16406 Posts

One word discribes my thoughts on pokemon. barf. Nothing ever changes except the pokes and the graphics. Thats IT.

Andrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Andrn
Member since 2008 • 2098 Posts
Not really a fan of the way the new Pokemon look at all.Skittles_McGee
This. After looking through that list, I don't really see any that I would want to have the same experience with that I've been having for the last 10 years. Most of the evolutions just look like they added some detail to the previous version, and the new starter Pokemon (and their evolutions) just don't give me that same feeling I had.
monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

gotta catch em all my arse.... is what im thinking about pokemon.

EdenProxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 EdenProxy
Member since 2010 • 1561 Posts

Milk. Thats all I can think of. If you get 1 you have them all. Plus they purposely sell two near identical versions at the same time inorder to get ppl to buy both if you want the rare pokemon.

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

They look like fan made Pokemon, I mean more than half of them look like past generation Pokemon.

TecmoGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TecmoGirl
Member since 2007 • 3965 Posts

Honestly, I clicked the link with an open mind hoping to see some pretty cool ones but there is not one single Pokemon in that list I would ever want to catch -- none of them look appealing at all. But regardless, I'd probably be more interested in the series again if they would finally make one for the Wii on the same scale they do NDS/GB ones.

EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts

Those look like cheap knock-offs you find at like flea markets or something.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
I love Pokemon, however i believe its on its last legs.
Avatar image for XxXHottZeldaXxX
XxXHottZeldaXxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 XxXHottZeldaXxX
Member since 2009 • 243 Posts

This is the direction I want the pokemon series to go...in a fully 3D world...on the 3DS...maybe with like 4 player Co Op....yeeah.

..none of this will ever happen..

UACmarine208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 UACmarine208
Member since 2008 • 171 Posts
I love the games, but when Veronica Taylor was kicked off the show. I decided to stop watching :(
Blaze-Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Blaze-Agent
Member since 2010 • 1951 Posts

paitienly awaiting a pokemon MMO from Nintendo. They need to make it happen

Avatar image for Raymundo_Manuel
Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Raymundo_Manuel
Member since 2010 • 4641 Posts

Pokemon isn't a bad series, but I wish there was enough content to where you could level Pokemon easily from 1-100. Comparitively speaking of course.

I played Pokemon Soul Silver for I think 49 hours to get through the entire game, and time spent collecting items, and trying to build a team to get to 100 and I never actually made any of my characters to that. Mainly because after beating the final stage my Pokemon were only around 45-50 I believe......50 levels of grinding was torture, so I stopped.

Then my friends got bored, so I got pretty bored too. We were going to attempt to make some competitive Pokemon teams.

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Calvin079

^Don`t expect it, blaze.

Blaze-Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Blaze-Agent
Member since 2010 • 1951 Posts

^Don`t expect it, blaze.

Calvin079

hey man. dont kill my hopes:cry:

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#22 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

i think I just grew out of Pokemon, a cliche response I know, but I can't get into those games anymore.

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Calvin079

[QUOTE="Calvin079"]

^Don`t expect it, blaze.

Blaze-Agent

hey man. dont kill my hopes:cry:

The closest thing that Nintendo has is Pokemon Brawl for the Wii.

TheAbstrakt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheAbstrakt
Member since 2006 • 1736 Posts
the new pokemon look terrible. The first two genertations were great. 3rd was ok. and it really went downhill from there, imo.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]People say it's the same thing, but then complain about the new Pokemon. To me, the new Pokemon is what keeps me playing. The excitement of the unknown Pokemon, I like to play it without knowing anything about a random new Pokemon I have caught, and levelling them up into beasts. I think they need to improve on the ingame minigames though.

i agree its really the new pokemon which keep getting me back in the series :/ and a way to improve the minigames is to get rid of them!!
svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#26 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Not really a fan of the way the new Pokemon look at all.Skittles_McGee

Agreed. Most of the new pokemon are rip off of body shaps of old pokemon taped together in various ways. Im not saying I dont like series; as Ive been with it from the beginning, but it seems like NOTHING changes, accept graphics and the type of pokemon. Other people in the thread have also said this.

I can only play the same game so many times. this is why I have no intention of getting Black or White. Plus I got SS, though reluctantly, and I never got close to finishing it; because it felt exactly the same but with a new coat of paint.

Maybe when Ninty finally makes a pokemon game that plays differently I'll give it another shot.

Sky-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sky-
Member since 2010 • 4682 Posts

Is it me or do some of these Pokemon look like food? This one looks like a delicious frozen treat.

And this one is a crustacean wrapped in a loaf of bread or some kind of cake (Krabby Cake?).

Does this mean that we get to eat Pokemon in the new game? =P I think that this is precisely the innovation we need in the Pokemon series...om nom nom nom!

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

Milk. Thats all I can think of. If you get 1 you have them all. Plus they purposely sell two near identical versions at the same time inorder to get ppl to buy both if you want the rare pokemon.

EdenProxy

well yea thats how they make money...

idk why this board do not like the new pokemon but i love them maybe its too kiddy for most of the posters idk but pokemon should be enjoyed by all

Loco_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Loco_Live
Member since 2010 • 3147 Posts

▲ My thoughts on the series? It's old, stale and tedious. ▲

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

I guess everyone is missing the point here. It's not the new Designs here that will make up this gen's new Pokemon, it's also what people actually wanted in a Pokemon game! Everyone cried for a Pokemon MMO here and they are delivering with Online Co-Op and Voice Chat which is only available in the DSi and 3DS (Sorry Phat and lite users) many changes in the battle system (Such as three-way battles, Rotational Battles, and a new move combo system, plus TM's are no longer limited to one use), a deep story which your actions effect of (More like a WRPG, Team Plasma isn't a remix of Team Rocket but they have a much better role and much darker role that will drive the storyline), and did I mention Gym battles are completely revamped? The first gym battle reflects on which starter pokemon you choose.

People here need to stop living in the past, we will never revert back to the original list. The series needed a reboot, and Black & White is the answer, people may think the designs are uglier, but I feel that they are a much needed improvement. If the series is back to only the original 150, then what changes will occur?

jessmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jessmaster13
Member since 2009 • 3170 Posts

The Pokemon themselves are interesting but WTF is up with the names?

SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts
Pokemon is awesome :D
Avatar image for garrett_daniels
garrett_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 garrett_daniels
Member since 2003 • 610 Posts

The Pokemon themselves are interesting but WTF is up with the names?

jessmaster13
These are the Japanese names; most will be renamed for the English localisation (just like with every previous Pokemon game). The names you know for Pokemon often aren't the ones the Japanese know.
ZIVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34 ZIVX
Member since 2008 • 2981 Posts

The new Pokémon...

dkjestrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dkjestrup
Member since 2007 • 1214 Posts
Pokemon is more successful that it should've been. So the games have a lot of issues. Starting a fresh cannon with all brand new pokemon (perhaps with a few old ones like Pikachu) that are ALL balanced for competitive play, with a proper 3d world and a new story, could be amazing.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Im furious that Black and white isnt on the 3DS... I mean HOW FREAKING LONG.. Are we going to have to wait for a fully 3D pokemon game?.... They new they couldnt get away with just doing the same lazy 2D thing on the 3DS so they said.. MEH we dont feel like doing any real work.. so heres another one that is just minimally updated from the last game... UGh Im so mad I could spit

But IMO platinum was really good.. I just dont want the same thing AGAIN.. In all honesty it was probably my favorite pokemon as well...but ugh.. I want that next leap forward. NOW.. Now because of this BS were probably going to have to wait till like 2013.. Great.

Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

I'm excited. I like the new Pokemon and I can't wait to see how 3v3 battles are going to work.

Overrated_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Overrated_Hero
Member since 2008 • 3439 Posts

I'm really trying to understand what the hell is going on with some of the new pokemon, a lot of them just feel very complex and I'm not sure what they are exactly suppose to be, but I guess that will take practice when it actually comes down to the game.

But one thing I trurly dislike about the new Pokemon is the additions of Pokemons that are just the same pokemon with different skins/elements, it's done way too often.

I'm refering too

As well some Pokemon look like they took inspiration from other games

eg: This looks like a Kirby enemy.

Cutman EXE

Also this is a robot :P

But a lot of them look really good, and I especially like the water/grass starters.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"] But IMO platinum was really good.. I just dont want the same thing AGAIN.. In all honesty it was probably my favorite pokemon as well.

what about soul silver?
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"] But IMO platinum was really good.. I just dont want the same thing AGAIN.. In all honesty it was probably my favorite pokemon as well.Shinobishyguy
what about soul silver?

I liked it but I really didnt play it that much not sure why.. Imo I enjoyed platinum alot more because it felt alot fresher.. I dont really get the point of remaking a game in the pokemon series though because every game has more or less been the same thing. It did add alot yeah but I just kept having that feeling of Ive done all this before.. several times.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="VendettaRed07"] But IMO platinum was really good.. I just dont want the same thing AGAIN.. In all honesty it was probably my favorite pokemon as well.VendettaRed07
what about soul silver?

I liked it but I really didnt play it that much not sure why.. Imo I enjoyed platinum alot more because it felt alot fresher.. I dont really get the point of remaking a game in the pokemon series though because every game has more or less been the same thing. It did add alot yeah but I just kept having that feeling of Ive done all this before.. several times.

I mostly loved it because 1. I like jhoto and 2. pokemon being able to follow you around
gamedude234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 gamedude234
Member since 2009 • 2558 Posts

pokemon is quite underrated here.

people complain about the new pokemon, and then they say they need innovation. WTF?

the new pokemon look interesting, especially their type combos, allowing for much more interesting fights.

and theres plenty of innovation in each pokemon game.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

I think we seriously need a pokemon game where you play as a Rocket Grunt running missions for Team Rocket and stealing pokemon.

That has been the Pokemon game of my dreams for over 10 years.

soccerslim79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 soccerslim79
Member since 2005 • 252 Posts

these new pokemon look like ****

its all about the first and second gen pokemon

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
The revamp was long overdue but thank god it's happening anyway. The foundations of the series are still pretty amazing though.
princemarth23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 princemarth23
Member since 2005 • 9229 Posts

I think the new pokemon are fine and as long as the games stay fun I'll keep playing them. Truthfully, I have been playing the games less and less with each iteration it seems, but I do still enjoy them.

Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
Nah, pokemon is death to me since the first pokemon for the DS.
Avatar image for NegativeAWESOME
NegativeAWESOME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 NegativeAWESOME
Member since 2010 • 39 Posts

I guess everyone is missing the point here. It's not the new Designs here that will make up this gen's new Pokemon, it's also what people actually wanted in a Pokemon game! Everyone cried for a Pokemon MMO here and they are delivering with Online Co-Op and Voice Chat which is only available in the DSi and 3DS (Sorry Phat and lite users) many changes in the battle system (Such as three-way battles, Rotational Battles, and a new move combo system, plus TM's are no longer limited to one use), a deep story which your actions effect of (More like a WRPG, Team Plasma isn't a remix of Team Rocket but they have a much better role and much darker role that will drive the storyline), and did I mention Gym battles are completely revamped? The first gym battle reflects on which starter pokemon you choose.

People here need to stop living in the past, we will never revert back to the original list. The series needed a reboot, and Black & White is the answer, people may think the designs are uglier, but I feel that they are a much needed improvement. If the series is back to only the original 150, then what changes will occur?

FireEmblem_Man
Well stated. Most SW posters are living in the past here, saying things like "the new pokemon are horrible" when they know they're biased with their nostalgia goggles. B/W is going to be fun because of all the new pokes, it's like Gen 1 again.
Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15583 Posts

Nintendo really lost track of what made old pokemon so great.

1. They were each unique.

2. They had a simple, charmingdesign.

Now they're practically just painting new skins on old designs, and they all are over designed to the point where normal look like legendaries, and legendaries look like they've got cancerous growths or a suit of armor on.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

Im furious that Black and white isnt on the 3DS... I mean HOW FREAKING LONG.. Are we going to have to wait for a fully 3D pokemon game?.... They new they couldnt get away with just doing the same lazy 2D thing on the 3DS so they said.. MEH we dont feel like doing any real work.. so heres another one that is just minimally updated from the last game... UGh Im so mad I could spit

But IMO platinum was really good.. I just dont want the same thing AGAIN.. In all honesty it was probably my favorite pokemon as well...but ugh.. I want that next leap forward. NOW.. Now because of this BS were probably going to have to wait till like 2013.. Great.

VendettaRed07

didn't you said this like 2 times before?

patience is a virtue?

blame nintendo?

import the japanese version if you don't want to wait? and learn japanese?

do some info on black/white?