Your Overall Excitement and Opinion of MGSV

• 45 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

My excitement level for Metal Gear Solid V is a 10; it is the single most important game I'm awaiting at the moment, as the Metal Gear Solid franchise is what sparked my interest in gaming. Every aspect of the game excites me, such as the new direction in which Kojima has taken the English voice acting, the new FOX Engine, the open-world gameplay, and the story's focus on Big Boss's transformation into a "demon."

Specifically regarding the voice acting, just like its story, Metal Gear Solid's has always been dramatic and over the top. Solid Snake's and young Big Boss's voices as portrayed by David Hayter is excessively gravelly and convey only anger and calmness, the dominant two of both characters emotional range. Revolver/ Liquid Ocelot's voice as portrayed by Patric Zimmerman was also excessively gravelly, but in a sly manner which was in accord with the character's cool swagger. Both of these examples are representative of the overall direction of the voice acting in previous games of the MGS franchise.

However, Metal Gear Solid V will change things, and whether or not for the better or worse is up for fans to debate. The voice acting will be far less dramatic, if the trailers and demos for the game are anything to go by. Lines will be delivered with more subtlety and the emotion they are intended to convey will be accentuated by the face expressions of the characters, courtesy of the FOX Engine's rendering capability. Personally, I like this direction, and to be specific, I like Big Boss's new voice, performed by Kiefer Sutherland. Perhaps my fanaticism for "24" and its main character, Jack Bauer, have caused me to be biased, but I can't help it.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Excitement for: want to play but could wait years to play/10

Opinion of: has a lot to make up for/10

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

NotGonnaFoolMeAgainKojima/10

I was excited when I saw the Phantom Pain MGSV trailer and the E3 demo but man, the last demo of the gameplay they should look like shit and has me cautious. MGS4 was a horrible excuse for a MGS game.

tryagainlater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 tryagainlater
Member since 2005 • 7446 Posts

Rather have Metal Gear Rising 2.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

It's probably my most hyped game as of this moment.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

like always i know kojima wont dissapoint

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

My hype was a 12/10, untill i saw that it will still have the same clunky ass controls and movements since MGS1.

Now my hype is at 9/10

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BluRayHiDef
@mems_1224 said:

I was excited when I saw the Phantom Pain MGSV trailer and the E3 demo but man, the last demo of the gameplay they should look like shit and has me cautious. MGS4 was a horrible excuse for a MGS game.

I'm guessing that you don't like the "casualized" gameplay mechanics, such as being able to see enemies through walls and use aggressive offensive tactics to progress through the game? Well, I think that those mechanics will be minimized or eliminated on higher difficulties.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mems_1224

@BluRayHiDef said:
@mems_1224 said:

I'm guessing that you don't like the "casualized" gameplay mechanics, such as being able to see enemies through walls and use aggressive offensive tactics to progress through the game? Well, I think that those mechanics will be minimized or eliminated on higher difficulties.

Didn't have a problem with that. I had a problem with him crawling past a guard making loud squishy noises and not being noticed and driving past guard towers and nothing happens. The actual gameplay looks really bad. Especially after just beating a stealth game with good mechanics like Splinter Cell Blacklist.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BluRayHiDef
@mems_1224 said:

@BluRayHiDef said:
@mems_1224 said:

Didn't have a problem with that. I had a problem with him crawling past a guard making loud squishy noises and not being noticed and driving past guard towers and nothing happens. The actual gameplay looks really bad. Especially after just beating a stealth game with good mechanics like Splinter Cell Blacklist.

Well, I'm certain that the demos were played on one of the lower difficulty settings. Just think of MGS4, where you could barely move an inch in the hardest difficulty without attracting attention.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mems_1224

@BluRayHiDef said:
@mems_1224 said:

@BluRayHiDef said:
@mems_1224 said:

Well, I'm certain that the demos were played on one of the lower difficulty settings. Just think of MGS4, where you could barely move an inch in the hardest difficulty without attracting attention.

Not a good sign either. MGS4 was meh in the gameplay department.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

regen health, see through walls, more action oriented, Quiet's outfit so over-sexualized she looks like a prostitute (still hoping is not her main outfit through all the game), etc. Every time I see a new announcement or demo I only get more and more disappointed on Kojima chasing the dudebro demographic. It's just like what Capcom did to Resident Evil.

Another thing that puts me off the game is that I have to play Peace Walker and I tried it but couldn't get past the crappy cut-scenes. The game feels very limited even compared to MGS3 on the PS2. I blame the PsP for that.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BluRayHiDef

I know that this won't happen, but wouldn't it be messed up if Big Boss lost his other eye in combat? Damn.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

im excited to play it. Though I rather have something that isint a prequel.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

This should be the last game in the franchise and it retires. MGS is one of my fave franchises but i can't help bur feel they are going to milk it for every last drop because Konami don't have anything better or any new IP they trust.

Watch MGS6 be about The Boss in WW2 and you see how she became The Boss.

I will get this game but i liked Residents evil and look how the milking of it turned out with 6

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

still no co-op ?

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

still no co-op ?

Who wants co-op in a metal gear game?

After the last gameplay clips they released my excitement for this game was revitalized. I have to admit though I'm still nowhere as hyped for this game compared to when previous metal gear games came out. It's more like with the standards games are right now, the designs for previous metal gear games just won't work anymore. However kojima is running the show, so there's always something interesting going on.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mems_1224

@PSdual_wielder said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

still no co-op ?

Who wants co-op in a metal gear game?

After the last gameplay clips they released my excitement for this game was revitalized. I have to admit though I'm still nowhere as hyped for this game compared to when previous metal gear games came out. It's more like with the standards games are right now, the designs for previous metal gear games just won't work anymore. However kojima is running the show, so there's always something interesting going on.

Co-op is great in Splinter Cell. If Metal Gear had gameplay that didn't suck it would probably be a fun co-op game

insanegame377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 insanegame377
Member since 2013 • 392 Posts

In truth I have zero excitement for MGS5, despite being a huge fan of previous Metal Gear games. This is because after finishing 4 I felt a sense of closure and an end to the MGS story, and feel that the franchise is just being milked for what its worth as due to it still being a money-spinner. Also from what I've seen there seems to be a lot of attempt to appeal to casual gamers and non-fans, which is never a good sign.

In short, while I was a huge MGS fan, I feel they should have just left the franchise alone after 4, which was intended to be the last one. I'm worried that future games could end up damaging the credibility of the franchise.

rigbybot127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 rigbybot127
Member since 2011 • 269 Posts

After masterpieces like MGS3 and 4 (and 2... and 1), I have no reason to doubt Kojima's ability to tell a great story, and have polished gameplay to send you through it.

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SonofK
Member since 2013 • 1088 Posts

5-6. I like the direction it's going but MGS4 was the biggest piece of crap this console generation so I'm skeptical

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

I'm excited for it. So I guess I'll say a 5/10. It's certainly not going to make any new fans but I own and beat all the previous ones so I may as well get this one. I don't know how many more times I can sit through a 30 minute cutscene though. I don't have the time anymore.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

Excitement level = meh.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

im excited for mgs5 but im more excited for ffxv. =)

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Just gonna watch the cutscenes on Youtube to get the DL on Sutherland's performance

Dat Jack Bauerness....

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

Could never get into the story of MGS ever since 3 the story is just plain confusing and corny at times its just hard to tell where the series is heading assuming he's going making more MGS games or end it with next installment. The gameplay looks interesting overall still seems clunky.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

0/10. It's a metal gear game, so it's going to suck by default.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

From what I've seen so far, it looks like a great game...

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

Loved MGS4. Looking forward to 5. It's one of that titles that will push me to jumping into next-gen once it's out.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Indifferent.

I like Kojima and his rebellious ways, but I'm not too hyped I guess. Visually it looks impressive, and the gameplay could be neat(lol stealth horse). But Kojima handling torture stuff? With his writing? and his inability to focus? Yeah, definitely not looking forward to that aspect of the game.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

It's a MGS on consoles, so I'm hyped!

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

Pretty hyped, thought MGS4 was great. So another MGS game should be good.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

I like open world games but i'm not really an MGS player.

Chrome-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#35 Chrome-
Member since 2009 • 1744 Posts

I'm a big MGS fan and I'm excited for it, I like the new direction and don't mind change.

I'm looking forward to see what they do with a young liquid snake.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Regen health, see through walls and most stealth elements taken away, I'm not bothered about MGSV anymore. It's made for dudebros who want to see moar EXPLOZIONZZZ!!1!

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

MGS IV is the worst game I have ever played. Wil never buy another installment in this franchise again.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#38 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

Don't care. Rather play Hotline Miami 2.

BreadNMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39 BreadNMilk
Member since 2013 • 37 Posts

Excitement: whenever it comes it comes. Score: 10\10

Link3301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#40 Link3301
Member since 2008 • 2001 Posts

It looks great. Can't wait to play it. Probably an 8-9/10 in terms of excitement. Can't wait to see what the multiplayer will be like as well. I want to see what Kojima means by "large mulitplayer."

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#41  Edited By timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

The most overrated series from the most overrated game designer of all time.

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

I am cautiously optimistic. I did not love 4 but I loved Peace Walker so we'll see.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

Very excited. It's among my most-hyped games for 2014. I welcome the new gameplay if it means Kojima is taking that aspect of the series seriously this time.

rigbybot127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#44 rigbybot127
Member since 2011 • 269 Posts

I never understood what some people meant when they say that the MGS series has bad gameplay. I thought they had great gameplay for their time, while 4 has all-around excellent controls. V should be no different.

Bren128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Bren128
Member since 2003 • 2358 Posts

One of my favorite series, my excitement level is pretty high. looks epic

PS360Wii4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 PS360Wii4eva
Member since 2010 • 297 Posts

For once I'd like to read some genuine excitement about a game instead of bitching. Resident Evil isn't even in the same league as MGS this gen.

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts

I'll buy it and play it since I've done the same for every main MGS game.

I'm not too excited for it. I'm highly certain the game will be a failure. Open world doesn't seem like it compliments stealth well. In fact it seems like it will break the experience.

Hopefully Kojima will prove me wrong.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I think the open world idea sounds great, and the graphics look really nice. I am just hoping the gameplay continues to improve as it has been. I will certainly miss OctoCammo, though.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

I'm avoiding any and all videos of the game. I will just play it when it comes out. Dunno why Kojim feels he needs to show us everything.

As for my excitement level for the game...I'm a huge fan and I will play any and all MGS games that come out.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

zero excitement.

if a dev shows off a gameplay video then fast forwards through the boring parts and that fast forwarding lasts 95% of the demonstration that is a pretty huge red flag for me.

seriously, who green lit a gameplay video that fast forwards through the entire thing.

that is a guy that needs to be canned.