Yes, XB1X is more expensive but at least it is doing something

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

The trend of PS4 pro poorly supported games is sky high at the moment, from games that dropped it all together like the evil within 2 to minimal or irrelevant upgrades like Wolfenstein 2 and AC:O. 3rd party developers barely care really.

PS4 pro is not an upgrade, it is a trade off, you almost always lose something for the moderate resolution bump, either performance, increase softness ...etc

Performance upgrades are barely seen, couple of frames here and there. I can not see a consistent improved performance across the board. I am super disappointed by all of that. I was thinking of getting one on Christmas, not sure anymore.

Just for the record, I am not getting XB1X either, it definitely looks way more exciting and its power is really hard to ignore by the developers, so we will see real upgrades. However,t MS support is horrible and with no exclusives, I see no incentive to get one.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

They're both just spec bumps. One is just a bigger bump than the other.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56105 Posts

You'll get what you paid for.

xBlackErrthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xBlackErrthing
Member since 2017 • 97 Posts

Ok.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

How do you know the 1X will be consistent if it hasn't even released yet? Also the 1X is also sacrificing performance for resolution that's why Tomb Raider runs at native 4k but at 20fps.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

I honestly do not feel that the Ps4 Pro or Xbox 1 X will do much, because developers have to make games work with Ps4 and X-box one as a baseline. I just own a Pro and will own a X-box one X because I can, not because I think they are that much better than their counterparts.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

@pinkanimal: Here comes the damage control brigade... lol.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PinkAnimal

@lukeasaurusrex: lol why you so mad? Also I hardly think you can see the future to predict what will happen. I don't think many developers will put much effort to optimize games on the 1X if the sales are low. We've seen that with the Pro. It's simple business 101.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PinkAnimal

@hrt_rulz01: and the lemming crybaby brigade just as ready as usual :)

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

I think the X1X offers more reason to upgrade from base Xbox one than the ps4pro does from base PS4.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#13 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

X1X shits on Pro, we know. One is capable of downloading and using 4k assets, DX12 on chip the other is a resolution bump box.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@lrdfancypants said:

I think the X1X offers more reason to upgrade from base Xbox one than the ps4pro does from base PS4.

yes very much so, it's 5 times the tflops, the ps4 pro is only 2.5 times the tflops of the ps4

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

X1X shits on Pro, we know. One is capable of downloading and using 4k assets, DX12 on chip the other is a resolution bump box.

The X doesn't shit on anything. It has an incredibly archaic laughably shit CPU which is why it performs at a blistering 30FPS on any game with half decent visuals.

The Pro and the X are both shit compared to PC. The X is just slightly higher res level of 'shit' than the Pro with the same hilariously bad performance.

I'm glad we cleared that up.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

lolno it doesn't. Both are very comparable, they both have the same shitty CPU bottlenecking them.

Running ROTR @ 4K/20fps isn't what I'd call shitting on anything. It's still an underpowered console like the Pro thanks to the crappy CPU.

We won't get real nextgen machines until the PS5 comes around and they ditch the rubbish AMD CPUs.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cainetao11

@blueinheaven said:
@cainetao11 said:

The X doesn't shit on anything. It has an incredibly archaic laughably shit CPU which is why it performs at a blistering 30FPS on any game with half decent visuals.

The Pro and the X are both shit compared to PC. The X is just slightly higher res level of 'shit' than the Pro with the same hilariously bad performance.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Salt running down your butthurt crack HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

@quadknight said:
@cainetao11 said:

lolno it doesn't. Both are very comparable, they both have the same shitty CPU bottlenecking them.

Running ROTR @ 4K/20fps isn't what I'd call shitting on anything. It's still an underpowered console like the Pro thanks to the crappy CPU.

We won't get real nextgen machines until the PS5 comes around and they ditch the rubbish AMD CPUs.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA 43% more powerful is a big dump on the Pro HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@blueinheaven said:
@cainetao11 said:

Are you drunk again? Salt about what? My PC laughs at anything either the Pro or the X can do. Unlike you I don't slurp Microsoft's butthole and let that determine my taste in gaming (ugh bad imagery there) but hey it is what it is, you are what you are, a pathetic MS fanboy who wants to play games at frame rates that were impressive 15 years ago on 'the most powerful console in the world' lmao!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cainetao11

@blueinheaven: What does your PC have to do with X1X vs PS4 Pro? Need to bring that in but you're not butthurt? Sure. You suck Yoshida's ballcheese on this forum so spare me your finger pointing

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

This is a jimmy rustling thread if I have ever seen one.

I feel bad for Cows.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

One X is going to have compromises as well. If you want no compromises, you have to buy a an 8700K (and overclock it to at least 5GHz) with 32GB of RAM and Titan Xp SLI.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#23 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

@quadknight said:
@cainetao11 said:

Let me help you out there buddy.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By QuadKnight

@cainetao11 said:

@quadknight said:
@cainetao11 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA 43% more powerful is a big dump on the Pro HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Layoff the drugs bro :P.

43% more GPU power but basically the same shitty CPU. Since you're not a PC gamer I won't be too hard on you but anyone that knows about PC gaming knows that when you buy a new GPU you also have to pair it with a decent CPU to get the most out of it. MS didn't do this with the XboneX and the result is an epic bottleneck. The Jaguar CPU in both the X1X and PS4 Pro are extremely outdated and that's why you see games like ROTR running at 20fps and Destiny 2 can't go past 30fps despite the fact it can run 60fps on PCs paired with i5/GTX970. I hate to break it to you but your XboneX is a severely bottlenecked machine and I can see how that will be okay if you're a console only gamer that doesn't know better than 30fps but for people really interested in power, it's a feather weight. If someone tried to build me a PC with the XboneX's specs I'd slap them silly. That jaguar CPU is a piece of shit.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By QuadKnight

@Pedro said:
@quadknight said:
@cainetao11 said:

Let me help you out there buddy.

Dat famous lem butthurt and deinal....

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

@drlostrib said:

You just summed up your knowledge on hardware specs with that comment right there. If you can lump an Xbox One X like that and say it's the same as a PS4 Pro, then you can say a high end PC with a 1080 ti is just a spec bump just like the PS4 pro. You're a fanboy bro.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By QuadKnight

@Xplode_games said:
@drlostrib said:

You just summed up your knowledge on hardware specs with that comment right there. If you can lump an Xbox One X like that and say it's the same as a PS4 Pro, then you can say a high end PC with a 1080 ti is just a spec bump just like the PS4 pro. You're a fanboy bro.

Except the 1080Ti wouldn't be paired with a shitty AMD CPU that is even weaker than an i3. The only fanboy here is you and you should stay away from tech discussions because you don't have a fucking clue about PC hardware.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Xplode_games

@blueinheaven said:
@cainetao11 said:

It's funny you should say that because the X1X will perform better than 90% of high end PCs. That makes it one of the most powerful high end gaming computers on the planet for only $500 when it releases. THHBO!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pedro

@quadknight:

I guess the truth hurts and its hurting a lot. Nothing you can do will change the Xbox One X power advantage over its competitors, not even random side tracking or GIF. Its also funny how the CPU is shit yet no current gen system has been hampered by the CPU. Guess when the PS4 is no longer the power house all console CPUs are shit..

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Xplode_games

@quadknight said:
@Xplode_games said:
@drlostrib said:

Except the 1080Ti wouldn't be paired with a shitty AMD CPU that is even weaker than an i3. The only fanboy here is you and you should stay away from tech discussions because you don't have a fucking clue about PC hardware.

Go back to your PS4 pro which is just a cheap resolution bump and soup textures with more erratic performance than regular PS4.

The Xbox One X will be by far the most powerful console on the market and comparable to the top high end PCs on the market. A world of difference.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 QuadKnight

@Xplode_games said:
@blueinheaven said:
@cainetao11 said:

It's funny you should say that because the X1X will perform better than 90% of high end PCs. That makes it one of the most powerful high end gaming computers for only $500 when it releases. THHBO!

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 QuadKnight

@Xplode_games said:
@quadknight said:
@Xplode_games said:
@drlostrib said:

Go back to your PS4 pro which is just a cheap resolution bump and soup textures with more erratic performance than regular PS4.

The Xbox One X will be by far the most powerful console on the market and comparable to the top high end PCs on the market. A world of difference.

? "Comparable to top high end PCs" yet gets a heart attack when it tries to run Destiny 2 at higher than 30fps

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By QuadKnight

@Pedro said:

@quadknight:

I guess the truth hurts and its hurting a lot. Nothing you can do will change the Xbox One X power advantage over its competitors, not even random side tracking or GIF. Its also funny how the CPU is shit yet no current gen system has been hampered by the CPU. Guess when the PS4 is no longer the power house all console CPUs are shit..

? Epic lemming asshurt detected. So now that we've come to the conclusion that the XboneX is a bottlenecked POS that's low-mid tier PC performance this is your response?

The PS4 was never a powerhouse, maybe it was compared to the epic POS that was the original Xbone but compared to PCs it was extremely outdated even before it launched.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pedro

@quadknight said:
@Pedro said:

@quadknight:

? Epic lemming asshurt detected. So now that we've come to the conclusion that the XboneX is a bottlenecked POS that's low-mid tier PC performance this is your response?

Point me to a game that was not made for consoles because of the CPU? I will wait.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By QuadKnight

@Pedro said:
@quadknight said:
@Pedro said:

@quadknight:

Point me to a game that was not made for consoles because of the CPU? I will wait.

? Is that going to be your excuse anytime an XboneX game performs like shit?

"Bu...bu...bu...bu....but it was not made for consolez!!1" ???

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Xplode_games

@quadknight said:
@Xplode_games said:
@quadknight said:
@Xplode_games said:
@drlostrib said:

? "Comparable to top high end PCs" yet gets a heart attack when it tries to run Destiny 2 at higher than 30fps

You've been wrong time and time again about everything regarding the Xbox One X. You have lost all credibility at this point. If you're always wrong, what makes you so confident this time? Oh let me guess, you're just a fanboy trolling.

I'm happy because I know you're really butthurt over this. On November 7th I will have an Xbox One X right next to my gaming PC and whatever other consoles I own or decide to purchase because I'm not a fanboy like you.

Have fun running all over the boards crying like a woman about the Xbox One X.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Xplode_games

@Xplode_games said:
@quadknight said:
@Xplode_games said:
@quadknight said:
@Xplode_games said:

You've been wrong time and time again about everything regarding the Xbox One X. You have lost all credibility at this point. If you're always wrong, what makes you so confident this time? Oh let me guess, you're just a fanboy trolling.

I'm happy because I know you're really butthurt over this. On November 7th I will have an Xbox One X right next to my gaming PC and whatever other consoles I own or decide to purchase because I'm not a fanboy like you.

Have fun running all over this forum crying like a woman about the Xbox One X.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 QuadKnight

@Xplode_games: Why are you quoting yourself dude? Ron your leader has been wrong time and time again. There is no secret sauce, the XboneX's specs are known and we know it's using a mid-tier GPU paired with a shit-tier CPU. There's no magic that can occur to make it perform like a high end PC. It's a POS compared to high-end gaming PCs just like the Pro is, except the Pro actually has exclusive games to make it worthwhile while the XboneX is struggling to be a poor man's PC. ? Deal with it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pedro

@quadknight said:
@Pedro said:

LMAO. Avoiding the question like a plague because self-ownage is imminent.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hrt_rulz01

@pinkanimal said:

@hrt_rulz01: and the lemming crybaby brigade just as ready as usual :)

Lol... the only one crying here is you, child. Every time there's an Xbox topic, who's the first crying cow to show up... either you or Quacknight.

Anyway, good for a laugh.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By QuadKnight

@Pedro said:
@quadknight said:
@Pedro said:

? Your question is bullshit deflection that you're using to avoid reality. ? If your XboneX is such a beast why does it struggle to run Destiny 2 higher than 30fps?

Mid-tier machines paired with a GTX 970 can run Destiny 2 at 60fps flawlessly yet your XboneX gets a heart attack when it tries to run the game at similar framerate.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 hrt_rulz01

@quadknight: Hiding behind PC as usual... lol.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Xplode_games

@quadknight said:

@Xplode_games: Why are you quoting yourself dude? Ron your leader has been wrong time and time again. There is no secret sauce, the XboneX's specs are known and we know it's using a mid-tier GPU paired with a shit-tier CPU. There's no magic that can occur to make it perform like a high end PC. It's a POS compared to high-end gaming PCs just like the Pro is, except the Pro actually has exclusive games to make it worthwhile while the XboneX is struggling to be a poor man's PC. ? Deal with it.

The PS4 Pro is seriously dog shit and you know it. It's sad but it truly is just a simple resolution bump over the PS4, same soup textures and more erratic framerate due to that resolution bump. That is pathetic and you know it.

The Xbox One X is a high end PC crammed into a console box with very few sacrifices and for only $500. I know that hurts you but you really should just calm down and go buy one if you like it. No need to go on systemwars to tell everyone it's a piece of shit because it hurts your feelings that it's so vastly superior to your favorite console.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By QuadKnight

@hrt_rulz01 said:

? Damage controlling as usual.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Xplode_games

@quadknight said:
@Pedro said:
@quadknight said:
@Pedro said:

? Your question is bullshit deflection that you're using to avoid reality. ? If your XboneX is such a beast why does it struggle to run Destiny 2 higher than 30fps?

Mid-tier machines paired with GTX 970 can run Destiny 2 at 60fps flawlessly yet your XboneX gets a heart attack when it tries to run the game at similar framerate.

What framerates does Destiny 2 get on a 970 with max settings at 4K resolution?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Pedro

@quadknight said:

Mid-tier machines paired with GTX 970 can run Destiny 2 at 60fps flawlessly yet your XboneX gets a heart attack when it tries to run the game at similar framerate.

Avoiding that question like a plague I see. LOL. Again point me to a game was not developed on consoles because of its CPU? Three responses later and you are still trying to spin your way out of the question. LMAO. This is golden.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By QuadKnight

@Xplode_games said:
@quadknight said:

The XboneX is seriously dog shit and you know it. It's sad but it truly is just a simple resolution bump over the Xbone, same soup textures and more erratic framerate due to that resolution bump. That is pathetic and I know it.

The Xbox One X isn't a high end PC crammed into a console box, it has many sacrifices for $500. I know that hurts me but I really should just calm down and go buy a PC if I can afford one. No need to go on systemwars to tell everyone it's a powerhouse because it hurts my feelings that it's so vastly inferior to a PC and has no games like the PS4 Pro.

^ ^ ? Fixed that for you. You can thank me later.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hrt_rulz01

@quadknight said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

? Damage controlling as usual.

Lol, yeah I'm the one damage controlling

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By QuadKnight

@Pedro said:
@quadknight said:

Avoiding that question like a plague I see. LOL. Again point me to a game was not developed on consoles because of its CPU? Three responses later and you are still trying to spin your way out of the question. LMAO. This is golden.

There are multiplatform games on the Nintendo Switch does it mean it's equal to a high-end PC now? Dude, your damage control is weak AF. The XboneX is a low-mid tier PC performing console just like the PS4 Pro only slightly more powerful. ? Accept it and you'll be happier in the end. All this damage controlling can't be good for your health lol.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 QuadKnight

@Xplode_games said:
@quadknight said:
@Pedro said:
@quadknight said:
@Pedro said:

What framerates does Destiny 2 get on a 970 with max settings at 4K resolution?

You act like D2 can even run at 1080p/60fps on the XboneX like it can on a GTX 970 ?