XSX or PS5: Which one is likely to be the more powerful console?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll XSX or PS5: Which one is likely to be the more powerful console? (68 votes)

Xbox Series X 79%
PS5 21%

What do techies here predict (from what has been revealed so far)?

Could faster SSD give graphical edge to PS5 by allowing for seamless higher res texture loading?

Or that's just wishful thinking and its going to come down to traditional raw GPU + CPU performance?

If you were to make a rational unbiased prediction (regardless of which console you prefer), which of the two you predict is likely to be more powerful?

• 
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#51 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Pedro said:
@tormentos said:

@Pedro:

At this point you are a joke lemm.

Everyone is lemm to you. Everyone is an alt and everyone is deflecting. Seems like you are the bigger joke as of late. I can't compete with that. LMAO.

1-This place is full with alts is pathetic that you play blind,a 2005 account wth 500 post that decided to post now? give me a break those are the most obvious but is even more true when you look back a few years and around the time the xbox one X came they banish odd isn't?

Why would they the xbox won the opper hand,yeah sadly most of them could not throw the specs on cows face after 4 years of 720p defence.

2-You are deflecting and you are a lemming and have call you several times now for your double standard.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#52 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69490 Posts

@tormentos said:

1-This place is full with alts is pathetic that you play blind,a 2005 account wth 500 post that decided to post now? give me a break those are the most obvious but is even more true when you look back a few years and around the time the xbox one X came they banish odd isn't?

Why would they the xbox won the opper hand,yeah sadly most of them could not throw the specs on cows face after 4 years of 720p defence.

2-You are deflecting and you are a lemming and have call you several times now for your double standard.

Its kinda of funny reading you complain about alt accounts when alts have been running rampant from your faction less than 3 months ago. Now all of sudden they are a problem. The worse part about it, you are falsely calling people alts who are not. Which makes you a bit looney.

No idea what you are communicating in your second sentence.

Everyone is a lemming if they don't agree with you and double standards? LOL. Don't be silly. You just pissed that your favorite console is weaker than you anticipated and still can't admit that the base clocks have not been disclosed.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Tormy crying in here also lol.

Anyone know a Kleenex rep? tormy could use the free tissues from the endorsement lol.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

@xhedon: Sony and DF both said it would rarely ever drop below 10.3 tf. So what are you talking about?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#55 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69490 Posts

@r-gamer said:

@xhedon: Sony and DF both said it would rarely ever drop below 10.3 tf. So what are you talking about?

Sony official stated that it would rarely drop below 10.3TFLOPs? Care to share a link in which Sony official made that claim?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Little tormy is stressed out. This forum stresses him out.

I made fun of lems for the whole generation. Their ridiculous the cloud, dx12, etc was excellent. But i gotta say, cows frustration is much more powerful. You can almost taste their tears. Sitting in front of their computer at 4am of the morning, and write walls of text to damage control FOR Sony is real something.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

@Pedro: Watch the Deep dive... he said it expects to maintain those clocks most of the time.

DF also said not one dev they have talked too has throttled the GPU.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

@Pedro said:
@tormentos said:

Its kinda of funny reading you complain about alt accounts when alts have been running rampant from your faction less than 3 months ago. Now all of sudden they are a problem. The worse part about it, you are falsely calling people alts who are not. Which makes you a bit looney.

No idea what you are communicating in your second sentence.

Everyone is a lemming if they don't agree with you and double standards? LOL. Don't be silly. You just pissed that your favorite console is weaker than you anticipated and still can't admit that the base clocks have not been disclosed.

Bruh hes even called me one lmao. dafuq? Hes pulling this nonsense on longstanding decade+ old accounts with thousands of posts. Its like he doesnt understand that some of us work for a living, and have neither time, nor the mental energy we're willing to part with making 100 posts per day, or switching between dozens of accounts because we're "ashamed" or whatever the fuq that means. In his mind, literally the entire world is part of some conspiracy to malign or hurt Sony.

Theres shows on Hulu I want to watch but never will, not because I cant afford it, but because I cant be assed to go outside of Netflix and create yet ANOTHER account for ANOTHER service.

You know what they say.......if you meet an ass hole in the morning, you've met an asshole. If every single person you interact with all day every day, is an ass hole, you're the ass hole.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 685 Posts

The xbox series x will be faster, but its likely that PS5 will have more games and be cheaper. Honestly making a more powerful box at a more expensive prices is nothing special. Specially since they are both using the same company to source the GPU and CPU.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@tormentos: Well, we dont know what the base speed of the ps5 gpu is. If you do, please tell us. They may have to smart shift power from the joystick or the magical SSD to the cpu if they struggle...

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

@tormentos: still upset over a 9TF modified GPU huh? Being 30% weaker has you really angry.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@hardwenzen said:

I made fun of lems for the whole generation. Their ridiculous the cloud, dx12, etc was excellent. But i gotta say, cows frustration is much more powerful. You can almost taste their tears. Sitting in front of their computer at 4am of the morning, and write walls of text to damage control FOR Sony is real something.

You did? it wasn't on this account lol.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 hardwenzen

@i_p_daily said:
@hardwenzen said:

Nope. Fund the password for this account i made when i originally discovered GS back in highschool. Its been a while.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@hardwenzen said:
@i_p_daily said:
@hardwenzen said:

Nope. Fund the password for this account i made when i originally discovered GS back in highschool. Its been a while.

So what was the username when you did?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 hardwenzen

@i_p_daily: I work for the CIA, its top secret.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

:P

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

We have enough threads on this exact comparison - and actual numbers, so no need to "predict"