BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11139 Posts

Imagine failing so hard that it got the whole world laughing, and got a project you worked on delayed into development hell. Now, imagine if the company wanted to commemorate this collective pants-shitting humiliation with a shirt. Then, picture them continuing to be tone deaf by leaning into their shame.

In an interview with Gamespot, Spencer is asked if the former Xbox Series X launch title Halo Infinite could release with a reversible cover that has Craig the brute on the other side, referencing a meme from earlier in the year. Spencer's response might surprise you, as it's evidence that 343 Industries and Microsoft are having some fun with the quite brute-al meme.

"We actually have these t-shirts, I didn't wear it today, which is Craig's face. I love that the team embraced that, it was just so funny. Yeah. I think Craig will be around for many, many decades in the Halo lore. You'll find his pictures all over the place. Yeah. Probably in games somewhere," Spencer says, laughing.

https://www.gamesradar.com/halo-infinite-craig-meme-is-now-a-t-shirt-worn-by-microsoft-employees/

MS realizes we're not laughing WITH them, right? You can't go from, "We're gonna win E3 with this!", a [paraphrased] actual statement they made, to "That was a really funny joke there, eh lads?". Craig shouldn't be a thing to be constantly reminded of in the ACTUAL GAMES, it should be tossed in the trash, where it can never do any harm again. But, this trillion dollar company chooses to go all in on this meme like they weren't shamed into changing the release date into a TBD.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34670 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

MS realizes we're not laughing WITH them, right?

Umm, yes we do. Fanboys like you taking things like this seriously, spending time making threads about this on a forum called System Wars? Those we laugh at.

kingsfan_0333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kingsfan_0333
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts

So to be clear, your critisism is that instead of having a sense of humour, agreeing that there is a problem, and then commiting to getting the game right even if it means delaying a huge launch title, they are supposed to be acting more butthurt in public interviews?

You realize you don't HAVE to make a post, right? You can wait until something good comes to mind before posting.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5983 Posts

Trying too hard.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BenjaminBanklin

@kingsfan_0333 said:

So to be clear, your critisism is that instead of having a sense of humour, agreeing that there is a problem, and then commiting to getting the game right even if it means delaying a huge launch title, they are supposed to be acting more butthurt in public interviews?

You realize you don't HAVE to make a post, right? You can wait until something good comes to mind before posting.

If it was that funny, how come they showed it off to the world anyway? I doubt they were laughing then. Also, it's disrespectful to the people who worked on it. Yeah, they did a shitty job, and they're getting dragged for it on shirts around the office instead of just noting the mistake and changing it. Just admit this is a sad "How do you do, fellow kids?" moment in some lame attempt to save face.

WE'RE supposed to be the ones laughing, not the management.

kingsfan_0333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kingsfan_0333

@BenjaminBanklin: Huh? They showed it off to the world thinking it was going to be great. The world made it's collective voices heard that they expected more. The team saw the humour in the situation and rolled with it. It says right in the quote that YOU posted that the team embraced it, so I'm not sure why you would think it's disrespectful to....the team. Perhaps look up the word "embrace"?

I get what you are saying, but you are just nitpicking. I feel like you are just a little bit unhappy that the devs aren't incredibly upset about the situation so that you can come on here and make fun of them for being butthurt. So you are just trying to find a way to complain anyways. It's system wars. I get it. As a gamer, they listened to the community and commited to fixing the problem, and they enjoyed the process along the way. I'm not sure how I could possibly critisize them for that.

HEY MICROSOFT, I COMMAND YOU TO BE MAD!

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9822 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: You didn't laugh with them, because you get personally triggered by a console. Ms embracing Craig is brilliant...as is Sony embracing the wooden people in Spiderman.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Another day, another cow having a meltdown.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#9 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69771 Posts

See folks, this what happens when you spend all your time claiming to be a PC gamer but is really a Sony fanny. 😂 I guess OP chose loyalty over games. 🤣

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

You're not laughing with them, other people are

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BenjaminBanklin

@MonsieurX said:

You're not laughing with them, other people are

They're laughing at themselves for some reason. Considering how development's going, you'd think it would be a lot less chuckles going on over there.

@kingsfan_0333 said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Huh? They showed it off to the world thinking it was going to be great. The world made it's collective voices heard that they expected more. The team saw the humour in the situation and rolled with it. It says right in the quote that YOU posted that the team embraced it, so I'm not sure why you would think it's disrespectful to....the team. Perhaps look up the word "embrace"?

I get what you are saying, but you are just nitpicking. I feel like you are just a little bit unhappy that the devs aren't incredibly upset about the situation so that you can come on here and make fun of them for being butthurt. So you are just trying to find a way to complain anyways. It's system wars. I get it. As a gamer, they listened to the community and commited to fixing the problem, and they enjoyed the process along the way. I'm not sure how I could possibly critisize them for that.

HEY MICROSOFT, I COMMAND YOU TO BE MAD!

"Remember how we made this thing that was supposed to be awesome, but everyone laughed at it, so I guess it's funny now."

It just sounds like MS is drowning themselves in copium over their faux pas. It's weird.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Craig is great and they're smart to embrace it. No idea why OP is frothing at the gash about it.

kingsfan_0333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kingsfan_0333

@BenjaminBanklin: If that's how you choose to view it, that's fine. I can't argue with how you personally choose to view the situation.

I'm not sure that even they take it as seriously as you do. At the end of the day, it's video games. If they can't laugh at themselves a little bit, establish and maintain some connection with the gaming community, and deliver a product that they believe in then what's it all for? It's unfortunate that you were expecting a more somber answer from them that revealed their extreme embarassment, but I'm thrilled with the way they handled the situation.

To edit your quote, I think this is more accurate: "Remember how we made this thing that was supposed to be awesome, but everyone laughed at it, so I guess it's funny now. But now lets listen to the gaming community, push the date back a little bit and make sure that we get this game right."

I guess you can't please everyone.Especially those who are looking for reasons to complain on a Sunday morning.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

MS destroyed cow fannyboy memes from the off and they mad

mad cows disease..it eats you away emotionally inside

hah

Avatar image for the6millionlies
The6millionLies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#15 The6millionLies
Member since 2020 • 564 Posts

This is how dating a plastic console looks like ?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45245 Posts

Funny, but maybe they should focus on making quality games instead of quality meme. Or at least do both.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56219 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin:

So basically, you didn't get the memo like back in late July? Talk about backfired thread lol.

Anyway, I'm actually hoping they add a Craig skin or Craig logo for your armor in a future battle pass in Halo Infinite.

kingsfan_0333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kingsfan_0333

@SolidGame_basic: If they did, would you acknowledge it? I have my doubts.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BenjaminBanklin

@bluestars said:

MS destroyed cow fannyboy memes from the off and they mad

mad cows disease..it eats you away emotionally inside

hah

The only thing that got destroyed is Halo Infinite's release date. But I'm sure the game was looking Perfectly Fine™ to you. 🤣🤣🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pedro

@davillain- said:

@BenjaminBanklin:

So basically, you didn't get the memo like back in late July? Talk about backfired thread lol.

Anyway, I'm actually hoping they add a Craig skin or Craig logo for your armor in a future battle pass in Halo Infinite.

Poor soul embarrassing himself.
Poor soul embarrassing himself.

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: You are so bloody sad!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44301 Posts

I think it’s awesome to see Microsoft and Phil having fun with this stuff. Kudos to them for doing so. I’m really hoping that we’ll also see some funny Easter egg for “Craig” in-game for Halo: Infinite as well. 😅

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BenjaminBanklin

@davillain- said:

@BenjaminBanklin:

It's stupid regardless. Phil Spencer is "totally embracing" the meme that led to Xbox Series X having a trash launch lineup. That sounds totally sane. Halo Infinite remains in the wind to this day. Like I say, sounds like he's got his crying mask on.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pedro

@SolidGame_basic said:

Funny, but maybe they should focus on making quality games instead of quality meme. Or at least do both.

They didn't stop developing the game to focus on the meme. Stop being special.

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1463 Posts

Phil is like a dumb kid who pooped in his pants in the classroom, was laughed at by everyone, then he decides to show off his dirty pants for more laugh.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

This is desperate. It's video games, it's not that deep. Outside of fanboys, no one gives a shit. And MS don't care about fanboys.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin:

craig level of reply

hah

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Halo fans are pissed because the game looks like shit. Microsoft should be hard at work trying to salvage the game. Instead they're making t-shirts to celebrate the death of their biggest IP.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#29  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17834 Posts

So, MS employees have a sense of humour, listened to feedback and did the right thing by delaying the game to improve it. How is this a bad thing?

TC Fail

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Cows are gonna taste delicious this gen.

We won’t need HP, A1, or Worcestershire. Blue rare will do.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44301 Posts

The best part is how salty this is making some people. “You’re not suppose to be having fun with this Microsoft! ARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH!” 😅

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: ‘Halo fans are pissed because the game looks like shit.’

Have you ever talked to one? No? Well you are now. Some may feel this way because it looked more current gen than next, but on average, Halo purists are more concerned about the grappling hook and sprint than the graphics. But they’re buying it because it’ll still be the best exclusive shooter franchise of the generation. Don’t be too upset though, if you’re lucky Sony’ll announce another lolKillzone.

Your side is much more graphics oriented because gameplay has never been Sony’s strong suit.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

What's wrong with a T-shirt? At leas they can recognize the criticism, take it and hopefully correct before the game launches next year

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44605 Posts

It think it's a hopeful sign. I can see Phil proudly wearing it on stage when they show a more polished and worthy game.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@Litchie said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

MS realizes we're not laughing WITH them, right?

Umm, yes we do. Fanboys like you taking things like this seriously, spending time making threads about this on a forum called System Wars? Those we laugh at.

This. Those dudes who knit pick, make up lies, basically live as a System Warrior irl are pathetic fools who deserve all the ridicule we can throw at them. What a bunch of losers.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: Well it wouldn't be SW if there was no benji thread crying over the love of his life Phil Spencer.

Phil if by some chance your reading this, lock your doors of a night and close the curtains as benji is more than likely staring at your house as we speak :(

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BenjaminBanklin

@i_p_daily said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Well it wouldn't be SW if there was no benji thread crying over the love of his life Phil Spencer.

Phil if by some chance your reading this, lock your doors of a night and close the curtains as benji is more than likely staring at your house as we speak :(

Insulting your father figure causes you serious pain, I know. You will have... to cope. Write your dad on Twitter and tell him you need a hug. 🤣🤣🤣

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

Totally agree. Everyone is laughing because the game didn't look very good, and they're playing along acting like they're in on the joke. There's nothing funny about that if you're a developer and everyone is making memes because your product looks bad. I understand that they're trying to play along because if they get defensive, social media will gang up on them, but it just seems so ridiculous for them to play along.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:

Insulting your father figure causes you serious pain, I know. You will have... to cope. Write your dad on Twitter and tell him you need a hug. 🤣🤣🤣

How many times do you need to be told that Phil is a happily married man, surely there's a PS exec you can get a crush over?

Again Phil is married...time to Frozen dude & let it go lol

He's happily married don't you see the wedding ring?
He's happily married don't you see the wedding ring?

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

What do you expect Spencer to say? He's a PR guy. You know he's raging at the delay of Infinite but it's his job to put a positive spin on this kind of thing when interacting with the media, and that's exactly what he's doing.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pedro

Thread backfired and backfired real hard.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

Thread backfired and backfired real hard.

We already know you got a Craig shirt. 🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

We already know you got a Craig shirt. 🤣

Lets see, you stalk Phil Spencer, you talk about him all the time, you actively track Xbox news, you talk about Xbox all the time. My guess (and its a safe guess to) you had Craig shirts for months. 😂🤣

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

Lets see, you stalk Phil Spencer, you talk about him all the time, you actively track Xbox news, you talk about Xbox all the time. My guess (and its a safe guess to) you had Craig shirts for months. 😂🤣

You got your Craig shirt in a 6x long. 🤣

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9868 Posts

Phil felt so ashamed he blew 7,5 billion on Bethesda just to save face.

I mean, I don’t really mind them trying to make the best of the situation. But every time I see Craig I just get reminded of the most epic reveal fiasco I think I have ever seen. I still can’t believe it happened.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin: You are scrapping the bottom of the barrel. I like 😂

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@Pedro said:

I used to think the dude was alright. Seemed pretty chill and would joke around with people. Not lately though. Just as bad as the worst of the bunch here and that's sad.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Pedro

@briguyb13 said:

I used to think the dude was alright. Seemed pretty chill and would joke around with people. Not lately though. Just as bad as the worst of the bunch here and that's sad.

You haven't seen the worst of it. He actually believes that if are a fan of either PS or XBox ,and you play games on the competing system it is supporting the enemy. 😐 If you look at his history, his says some of the most troubled shit on the forum. Its not even just fanboy drivel, its you need help type of drivel.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@briguyb13 said:
@Pedro said:

You thought he was alright, he has always been a toxic cow lol.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#50  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19587 Posts

It reminds me of the Sonic movie. That was trashed when it was first shown because of the trashy Sonic design. The studio went back to the drawing board, delayed the movie, fixed up Sonic, and poked fun at themselves over the initial movie Sonic design. And Sonic ended up becoming a blockbuster. Maybe Microsoft is taking a page from the same book?