Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
Member since 2006 • 923 Posts

@commander said:

that's not what wiki says though, it seemed that they didn't have enough financial resources to make an open world game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remedy_Entertainment

Since when is wikipedia a reliable source of information?
LMAO

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

@WESTBLADE said:
@commander said:

that's not what wiki says though, it seemed that they didn't have enough financial resources to make an open world game.

LMAO

Since forever? You know that all the sources are listed on wiki, right?

Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Wizard
Member since 2015 • 940 Posts

My custom loop alone is worth 3x more than the XSX. Laughable. This gets said every generation.

Also...thermals. The day that consoles actually come with a proper thermal management solution that's the day I'll be concerned. Physics never lies, they're cooled by little aluminum heat sinks through an air flow restricted chassis. So they're mid tier hardware at best.

I'm impressed they have Gen 4.0 PCIE before Intel ever bothered to put it on their mainstream chips, but I've not seen PCIE Gen 3.0 saturated even in multi-GPU gaming yet.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

@i_p_daily: don't insult idiots like that. casual4ever is just a coward. :P

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#105  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

@dxmcat said:

@i_p_daily: don't insult idiots like that. casual4ever is just a coward. :P

but its not my fault that MP games suck and are dominate by kids.

lol go play PUBG and fortnite with 15 yo kids.

in the end, SP games rocks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

@rmpumper said:
@WESTBLADE said:
@commander said:

LMAO

Since forever? You know that all the sources are listed on wiki, right?

Just because you list many "gossip" (he said - she said) and untrustworthy websites as your source of information, doesn't make it valid at all - it's quite the opposite.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 dxmcat

@ghosts4ever: no, its your fault you get your ass handed to you by 15yo kids. even 5 yo kids are smarter than trash game ai.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Ghosts4ever

@dxmcat said:

@ghosts4ever: no, its your fault you get your ass handed to you by 15yo kids. even 5 yo kids are smarter than trash game ai.

i dont even play MP let alone handed by kids lol. they are generic and they are full of casuals. I want exploration, completing objectives, story in games rather than random matches. thats why MP suck and SP Rocks.

currently playing Black Mesa. a masterpiece game.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 dxmcat

@ghosts4ever: you cant handle competition. simple as that. Plus the stories are usually shit and not even on par with a B movie, more like a D or F.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Ghosts4ever

@dxmcat said:

@ghosts4ever: you cant handle competition. simple as that. Plus the stories are usually shit and not even on par with a B movie, more like a D or F.

ever played original Deus Ex and Mafia 1?

their stories are like oscar worthy.

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts

@commander said:

A console has a single unified social platform for its games

Because having different stores that simultaneously suit different needs and improve through competition is somehow worse than every store being a walmart.

Windows has a "unified social platform", it's called Skype. But since people are free to look for and use better alternatives, they do.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#112  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@R10nu said:
@commander said:

A console has a single unified social platform for its games

Because having different stores that simultaneously suit different needs and improve through competition is somehow worse than every store being a walmart.

Windows has a "unified social platform", it's called Skype. But since people are free to look for and use better alternatives, they do.

it's still not the same thing, having more options makes it different. I didn't say it was better either. It's better for some people tho, like myself.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#113 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8471 Posts

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

I just checked Linus discussion about the sexbox and even him seemed salty cuz the console is this powerful

Right, because I'm sure Linus actually participates in a forum conversation casually.

At any rate, XSX = 12 TF, 2080 Ti = 14 TF. Even if we go by straight numbers, the XSX won't beat a last generation card in performance, 2 of them if we include the Titan.

The 3070 could beat out the 2080 Ti in power, and if that's the case, then there will be about 5 cards ahead of the XSX in terms of power. There's really nothing to be "salty" about--PC will still hold the top position in its mid-end lineup.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#115 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@hardwenzen said:

I just checked Linus discussion about the sexbox and even him seemed salty cuz the console is this powerful

Right, because I'm sure Linus actually participates in a forum conversation casually.

At any rate, XSX = 12 TF, 2080 Ti = 14 TF. Even if we go by straight numbers, the XSX won't beat a last generation card in performance, 2 of them if we include the Titan.

The 3070 could beat out the 2080 Ti in power, and if that's the case, then there will be about 5 cards ahead of the XSX in terms of power. There's really nothing to be "salty" about--PC will still hold the top position in its mid-end lineup.

His inner pc elitist was showing, i can tell you that much.

Dagubot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#116 Dagubot
Member since 2020 • 421 Posts

@wizard: So how much did your custom loop cost then?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 DragonfireXZ95

@hardwenzen said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Cool story, brah. Also, thanks for the link that backs up your story.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 hardwenzen

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Loading Video...

And don't ask me where's the "salty" part. You're intelligent enough to find these kind of things on your own.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 DragonfireXZ95

@hardwenzen said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Loading Video...

And don't ask me where's the "salty" part. You're intelligent enough to find these kind of things on your own.

You're gonna make me watch this whole thing? Your argument is weak.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 hardwenzen

@DragonfireXZ95: You can find my argument whatever you like, its not important. Linus isn't pleased to see such powerful specs in a box that will cost hundreds upon hundreds of dollars less than a pc counterpart. It frustrates pc elitists, just like on this forum.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 DragonfireXZ95

@hardwenzen said:

@DragonfireXZ95: You can find my argument whatever you like, its not important. Linus isn't pleased to see such powerful specs in a box that will cost hundreds upon hundreds of dollars less than a pc counterpart. It frustrates pc elitists, just like on this forum.

I love how you never pointed out the actual time of his "saltiness". You are literally making it up.

Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Wizard
Member since 2015 • 940 Posts

@dagubot: Well, assuming the XSX is 400-500, do the math.

Yes, custom loops are AWFUL value propositions.

@hardwenzen:

Dude, consoles should cost less than PCs even at a similar performance metric. You can't code, write essays, properly browse the web, or perform the hundreds of other things on a console. Really you should factor in a console + laptop into the cost comparison versus a desktop because for anyone above the age of 15 you'll need one of those too.

Also most of us PC enthusiasts put way to much money into this hobby. "Value" was thrown out the moment we bought a high end GPU.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 hardwenzen

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@hardwenzen said:

I love how you never pointed out the actual time of his "saltiness". You are literally making it up.

I thought you would be able to tell on your own. Not hard to spot.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 DragonfireXZ95

@hardwenzen said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Still won't tell me. Alright, thanks for an argument without any substance. Good luck on your fanboy adventures.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 hardwenzen

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Still won't tell me. Alright, thanks for an argument without any substance. Good luck on your fanboy adventures.

There's no point for me to mention all his elitist arguments because i know for a fact that when i do, you'll find something new for me to prove. So you don't want to watch it and find it on your own? Mkay.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

I play on PC so I can run any game at the frame rate I want. That's still not possible with XSX, so it's not even on my radar as a PC replacement.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Loading Video...

Where is the salty part, and what is your point.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@hardwenzen said:

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-founders-edition/37.html

RTX 2080 Ti FE has 1824 Mhz average, hence 15.884 TFLOPS

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#129 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4365 Posts

@uninspiredcup:

yeap been hearing this for years now..

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

@wizard said:

My custom loop alone is worth 3x more than the XSX. Laughable. This gets said every generation.

Also...thermals. The day that consoles actually come with a proper thermal management solution that's the day I'll be concerned. Physics never lies, they're cooled by little aluminum heat sinks through an air flow restricted chassis. So they're mid tier hardware at best.

I'm impressed they have Gen 4.0 PCIE before Intel ever bothered to put it on their mainstream chips, but I've not seen PCIE Gen 3.0 saturated even in multi-GPU gaming yet.

Intel doesn't care about pci-e4.0 because its useless towards them. Nothing saturates 3.0 for a very long time. At this point u are better of waiting for 5.0 to arrive.

GPU's will be bottlenecked by current gen CPU's before pci-e3 becomes a bottleneck.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

@commander said:
@Gatygun said:
@commander said:
@Gatygun said:

Lol go ask alan wake devs about the performance of that xbox360 when it released. It was so awful they had to nuke the game to a coridoorfest.

why is the pc version exactly the same in terms of world size then, also this is an 2010 game, 5 years after the release of the x360. That's about the time a generation lasts.

That's one way to look at it lol.

What really happened however. ( and i know this, because i actually bought fucking hardware just for the game before they canned it )

Alan wake was developed for PC. They wanted to make a open world game with physicals, visual systems never seen before on in the gaming space they got cheered on with the PC community specially as they where the star citizen of the time period with dx10 ultra realistic visuals. It really was pushing visuals forwards and with that fast open area's with lots of dynamic weather systems , tornado's with physics etc. It all got canned when microsoft and xbox came into existence and bought up the IP.

(demo they runned at e3 2005 was straight up the best visual game people saw and that was with xbox360 being revealed with its games )

Microsoft bought the IP up because they needed IP's for there xbox 360. They basically cancelled the PC version rebuilded it entirely to make it work on xbox360 which culled everything that made the game unique about it. Now it became a generic corridor shooter because the performance was simple not there to push those worlds. This has been said by the developers multiple times in even that period.

The game was released however 5 years later for PC as a port because microsoft allowed this to happen at this point as the makers of the game didn't own the rights towards it anymore ( they only recently bought them back in 2019 i believe from microsoft ), 5 years late with a port on a game nobody really cared about didnt'really bought much interest in microsoft to spend money to rebuild the game entirely back to its original concept because no money in it.

So there's your answer.

That's exactly what happened, and yes that's also the reason why they let htemselves be bought up by microsoft. Otherwise the IP would have happened on PC.

However what the guy stated i quoted is simple a complete wrong take on what actually happened.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#133 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts
@WESTBLADE said:
@ronvalencia said:

Intel Z490 is DOA.

Yup, the entire Comet Lake-S line-up is like a bad joke.

At this point i'm just waiting for Zen 3 to drop on the market for new build...

Hmm, Why are you guys saying that Intel Z490 is bad? Should I wait for Zen 3 as well?
I haven't really caught up on whats happening in the CPU world these days lol.

Paddy345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Paddy345
Member since 2007 • 860 Posts

@bella989: ???????

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 ronvalencia

@remiks00 said:
@WESTBLADE said:
@ronvalencia said:

Intel Z490 is DOA.

Hmm, Why are you guys saying that Intel Z490 is bad? Should I wait for Zen 3 as well?

PCI-E version 3 = Comet Lake-S line-up.

AMD's B550 equals Intel's RocketLake.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 remiks00

@ronvalencia said:
@remiks00 said:
@WESTBLADE said:
@ronvalencia said:

Intel Z490 is DOA.

PCI-E version 3 = Comet Lake-S line-up.

AMD's B550 equals Intel's RocketLake.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks!

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 remiks00

@Paddy345: Dont click that link!, It's a bot spamming random users.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By ronvalencia
@Gatygun said:
@wizard said:

Intel doesn't care about pci-e4.0 because its useless towards them. Nothing saturates 3.0 for a very long time. At this point u are better of waiting for 5.0 to arrive.

GPU's will be bottlenecked by current gen CPU's before pci-e3 becomes a bottleneck.

To saturate PEG version 3.0 (16 GB/s per direction) link,

1. CPU has to drive many geometry dots at the GPU. DX11 class GPUs are using tessellation hardware to amplify geometry dots to lessen the CPU burden. This is PC's well-known workaround to reduce the geometry bottleneck on the CPU side.

GPU's tessellation hardware doesn't solve geometry divergence when 3D objects are broken apart in different directions.

GPU's vertex instancing feature is recycling 3D objects in multiple times with different positions.

2. Runs out of VRAM and falls back to shared video memory allocated on system memory.

Current gen games are designed with PS4's dual 10GB/s CPU-to-GPU link lowest common denominator.

PS4 is barely "supercharge PC" when compared to Intel Sandybridge based systems with dual 8 GB/s CPU-to-GPU link (PEG version 2.0's 8 GB/s per direction).

PS5 would be the lowest common denominator when comes to CPU power and CPU-to-GPU links and it's based on PEG version 4.0.

AMD's mainstream B550 (PEG and NVME version 4.0 for everybody) arrives before November 2020's next-gen game consoles.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

PC is not going to go obsolete by the Series X. We have gone through this every gen. Where a Console launches at a pretty competitive standard vs PC. Only to fall behind, and never enjoying the indie scene that the PC does.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@WESTBLADE said:
@commander said:

LMAO

Wikipedia is a good source as long as you avoid more sensitive topics like Politics, Religion, Sexuality.

A good wikipedia source will trace everything down. Which is why some college professors have nothing against students using it as a starting point.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 ronvalencia

@Maroxad said:

PC is not going to go obsolete by the Series X. We have gone through this every gen. Where a Console launches at a pretty competitive standard vs PC. Only to fall behind, and never enjoying the indie scene that the PC does.

I upgraded from Intel Sandybridge PEG version 2.0 due to Theif Mantle's performance boost with Haswell's PEG version 3.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 ronvalencia
@remiks00 said:
@WESTBLADE said:
@ronvalencia said:

Intel Z490 is DOA.

Intel RocketLake has CPU PEG and CPU NVME in PCI-E version 4 with Southbridge being PCI version 3.0 just like AMD's B550.

AMD X570 has PCI-E 4.0 in both CPU's PEG + NVME and Southbridge's PEI-E slots + NVME.

Avatar image for deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

@Gatygun said:
@wizard said:

"Intel doesn't care..." yeah, i 100% agree with that one. I cringed so hard when i was reading this shit: https://download-eu2.guru3d.com/slides/10th-gencore-guru3d.pdf :S