Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Because of its size it probably has top notch cooling which means both chips run at full clocks high likely which would be solid.

Its a nice mid level PC in 2020, have windows as dual boot on it and be able to push steam and other pc clients on it. Could be really attractive to even PC gamers then.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Pedro said:

@pdogg93: If they were "insecure" wouldn't it make more sense for them to wait for Sony's reveal?

Yeah he's not the brightest one around here, you could say he has a few cows loose in the top paddock :)

Lol.

I'm not quite sure why people are shortening it to "Sex"... wouldn't it be "XSX" if anything? If you're going to include the "e", then why stop there? Why not also include the "r" as well... "Serx". It's stupid.

Anyway, whatevs.

I'm not sure why people are commenting on the name or design really, as long as it has Forza Horizon/Motorsport I don't care what it looks like as the only time I will be looking at it is when I put in and take out the disc.

As for the name well its better than Xbox One, and again I don't spent my time talking about it either.

As for the sex part I get it and find it funny, but there has to be some abbreviation and XSX can't be it, I mean try saying that even semi fast it just doesn't roll off the tongue. It also can't be called Xbox seX because it will be wrong to walk into a store and say can I get an Xbox seX, its just wrong on so many levels.

You know I had no problem with Scarlett, just like I had no problem with the name Scorpio, See it should have been codenamed series X and officially named Scarlett.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#153 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@Pedro said:

I read several comments on the net about the name being confusing and that retailers/consumers would be confused. How dumb do people think the average person is? If you go to the store and ask for the new Xbox, any non brain dead sales rep can simply point to the Series X. I am not sure where the confusion would come from. The people who would be in most jeopardy is the ignorant people buying it online. The same place that can clarify any misunderstanding.

Xbox Series X is an okayish name if you ask me. It's nowhere near as bad as Wii U's name to say the least. We already have "Xbox One X," Xbox Series X is just replacing the "One" and added "Series" to it's name feels lazy in my opinion. MS could have done better then that and no, it's not confusing to me, just could have been better. But other then that, I like design enough.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#154  Edited By so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

It seemed like they were hiding it a little bit. I still don't have a good idea of what it looks like.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

An inside joke formed during the 360 times and we'd call it the sexbox. I'm so glad it got this name haha. My missus and I will be laughing about this for a while.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@APiranhaAteMyVa said:
@GTR12 said:

Xbox SeX coming soon.

more like Xbox SuX

Good old SW virgin who doesn't understand a sex joke. Also, you're username should be deleted, cos you don't understand, the big black Xbox SeX, and the white PS5 dev console that looks like something...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

I'm not sure why people are commenting on the name or design really, as long as it has Forza Horizon/Motorsport I don't care what it looks like as the only time I will be looking at it is when I put in and take out the disc.

As for the name well its better than Xbox One, and again I don't spent my time talking about it either.

As for the sex part I get it and find it funny, but there has to be some abbreviation and XSX can't be it, I mean try saying that even semi fast it just doesn't roll off the tongue. It also can't be called Xbox seX because it will be wrong to walk into a store and say can I get an Xbox seX, its just wrong on so many levels.

You know I had no problem with Scarlett, just like I had no problem with the name Scorpio, See it should have been codenamed series X and officially named Scarlett.

PC has both Forza series man.

Some people find the desing silly,thats all but don't cray about it the PS3 was way more ugglier and much more make fun of for its design.

But is sure was fun seeing some slaming PC cases just a few days ago,and saying the xbox is sexier smaller design and then MS drops this.

Oh and alto it can be put horizontally i am sure it would look super uggly that design is make for a upright posture.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45105 Posts

I still can't get over how ugly this thing is lol.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Pedro said:

@pdogg93: If they were "insecure" wouldn't it make more sense for them to wait for Sony's reveal?

Yeah he's not the brightest one around here, you could say he has a few cows loose in the top paddock :)

Lol.

I'm not quite sure why people are shortening it to "Sex"... wouldn't it be "XSX" if anything? If you're going to include the "e", then why stop there? Why not also include the "r" as well... "Serx". It's stupid.

Anyway, whatevs.

Why is this wrong on any level? Are you a prude?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 DaVillain  Moderator

@SolidGame_basic said:

How is it ugly to you? That console looks awesome and that's only because any PC gamer appreciate Mini ITX Cases and for MS standpoint, it has a nice cooling system, so that ITX case is a necessary design for such a powerful console. (Or so they say) Other then that, I love the design they went with this. The name however is another story.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

@davillain- said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

How is it ugly to you? That console looks awesome and that's only because any PC gamer appreciate Mini ITX Cases and for MS standpoint, it has a nice cooling system, so that ITX case is a necessary design for such a powerful console. (Or so they say) Other then that, I love the design they went with this. The name however is another story.

Yeah the look of it is really growing on me more & more... it just takes getting used to because it's like no other console we've seen before. And I bet it'll look much better (and smaller) in person.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#162 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

I’m warming up more to the design of the system myself. It’s not really all that big and the simple design is somewhat appealing. It should run pretty quietly and keep things cool which is most definitely a plus. The controller looks quite good as well. The Xbox One controller is my most favourite and they didn’t need to make and big changes to it. I like the textured pattern on the trigger buttons which will just make it even more comfortable to use. I like that both this new controller and the current Xbox One controller are useable on both generations of systems. It’s awesome that the current gen of games plus the current backwards compatible 360 and original Xbox games will be playable on the Xbox Series X system.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#163  Edited By JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

As for the sex part I get it and find it funny, but there has to be some abbreviation and XSX can't be it, I mean try saying that even semi fast it just doesn't roll off the tongue.

I said it about seven times fast before I tripped up. XSX really isn't that bad. You don't even have to move your lips to say it. Tongue hits the roof of your mouth to make the first X syllable, opens a bit to make the S and hits the roof again to make the second X. Pretty natural, if you ask me.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#164 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
@Archangel3371 said:

I’m warming up more to the design of the system myself. It’s not really all that big and the simple design is somewhat appealing. It should run pretty quietly and keep things cool which is most definitely a plus. The controller looks quite good as well. The Xbox One controller is my most favourite and they didn’t need to make and big changes to it. I like the textured pattern on the trigger buttons which will just make it even more comfortable to use. I like that both this new controller and the current Xbox One controller are useable on both generations of systems. It’s awesome that the current gen of games plus the current backwards compatible 360 and original Xbox games will be playable on the Xbox Series X system.

The thing that gets me about the design is that it's now completely sterile. There's only two things that disrupt the nondescript sides: the disc slot and the Xbox logo. Console design in general has been losing all sense of interesting features for years now, and it's come full stop with the Xbox Series X. It isn't ugly or unappealing in the slightest, but it certainly isn't attractive or even interesting.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:
@Archangel3371 said:

The thing that gets me about the design is that it's now completely sterile. There's only two things that disrupt the nondescript sides: the disc slot and the Xbox logo. Console design in general has been losing all sense of interesting features for years now, and it's come full stop with the Xbox Series X. It isn't ugly or unappealing in the slightest, but it certainly isn't attractive or even interesting.

I think that was their aim, according to Phil Spencer. He said they wanted to design it so that it blended in with your entertainment setup & you basically didn't notice it was there.

RedHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 RedHeat
Member since 2019 • 17 Posts

Looks very good. I will buy it when it‘s avaiable. :) Only reason why I dont buy PS4 is the controller of PS4. For me unplayable... ^^

RedHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 RedHeat
Member since 2019 • 17 Posts

Looks very good. I will buy it when it‘s avaiable. :) Only reason why I dont buy PS4 is the controller of PS4. For me unplayable... ^^

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@tormentos said:
@i_p_daily said:

PC has both Forza series man.

Some people find the desing silly,thats all but don't cray about it the PS3 was way more ugglier and much more make fun of for its design.

But is sure was fun seeing some slaming PC cases just a few days ago,and saying the xbox is sexier smaller design and then MS drops this.

Oh and alto it can be put horizontally i am sure it would look super uggly that design is make for a upright posture.

You opinion just as anyone else's on what it looks like is irrelevant to me. As long as it fits in my entertainment unit on its side is all I care about.

I've been gaming on consoles for over 30yrs and that's never going to change, so PC having both Forza's is irrelevant to me.

People slamming PC cases is irrelevant to me.

Do you see the common word i'm using here?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Pedro said:

Lol.

Anyway, whatevs.

No I have children, so having sex or talking about it doesn't shock me, it should however only be discussed between adults. It is wrong to walk into a store where many people (mothers and kids) may be and walk up to the counter and say can I get an Xbox sex please.

I guess i'm talking to someone who is single with no children, so I can see how you wouldn't get it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
@davillain- said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Easy he's a cow lol.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#171 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

ill admit the thing looks like a beast. but a tad big? have the dimensions been leaked?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Easy he's a cow lol.

SolidGame has a PC and I thought he would appreciate this design and so far, I heard great news on MS new look Xbox Series X and they also get a huge bonus points for having BC from original Xbox games to current games. Only thing I'm not sold is the name "Series" and the name is poor, but still not as bad as Wii U's name.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#173 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

I know it's popular to shit on everything here, but I think it looks pretty cool.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

I'll never understand why people care so much about the physical look of the box.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#175 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

@JustPlainLucas: I kind of prefer a more sterile or nondescript look to my consoles personally. I really don’t care for something that has weird curves or odd angles to it.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#176 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

I think it's pretty likely that I'll get a next-gen console at some point.

Unlike pc gaming they're going to be super-well optimized and offer great bang for buck!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain-: He's a cow, so the answer is simple regardless whatever else he may or may not own.

I don't care what it looks like or the name as long as it has Forza & and supports disks i'm good to go.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 tormentos

@i_p_daily said:

You opinion just as anyone else's on what it looks like is irrelevant to me. As long as it fits in my entertainment unit on its side is all I care about.

I've been gaming on consoles for over 30yrs and that's never going to change, so PC having both Forza's is irrelevant to me.

In your opinion a turd is great looking as long as it fits in your intertainment system,has Forza on it and MS make yes i get it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#180 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69472 Posts

Ugly:-unpleasant or repulsive, especially in appearance.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

They should have called it the X-"Oh s*** navi runs way too f***ing hot to run in a slim case" Box Seriously we need a AIO X.

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 643 Posts

@thereal25: Good for you, I think it will be great for the price, but I much rather play on PC myself. While I agree games are typically better optimized on consoles, games on PC are still pretty well optimized most of the time(there are some bad one's of course) and the bang for the buck is not that bad and I rather get a PC for more money than a console for less as there are just too many things I like about gaming on a PC over a console. But I respect if you want to get a console that's great for you as I think people should game on the system or platforms that they want to. I only care what I want to game on. Happy gaming.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 DragonfireXZ95

@i_p_daily said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@i_p_daily said:

Lol.

Anyway, whatevs.

No I have children, so having sex or talking about it doesn't shock me, it should however only be discussed between adults. It is wrong to walk into a store where many people (mothers and kids) may be and walk up to the counter and say can I get an Xbox sex please.

I guess i'm talking to someone who is single with no children, so I can see how you wouldn't get it.

Nope, I have a kid, but thanks for trying to perpetuate a strict PC culture. Most kids would have no idea what you're talking about anyway, so yeah, I guess you are a prude.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@i_p_daily said:

Nope, I have a kid, but thanks for trying to perpetuate a strict PC culture. Most kids would have no idea what you're talking about anyway, so yeah, I guess you are a prude.

I'm not trying to perpetuate anything other than you're an idiot, and if you're fine with talking about sex in front of your kid or kids in general then maybe someone should be looking into your behaviour.

I will not talk about it in front of kids as some things need to be done only between adults.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
@tormentos said:
@i_p_daily said:

In your opinion a turd is great looking as long as it fits in your intertainment system,has Forza on it and MS make yes i get it.

The word is irrelevant as in you & your opinion is irrelevant to me, i'm glad we cleared that up :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
@getyeryayasout said:

@i_p_daily: Speaking of playing disks, I liked the reveal trailer when the disk drive was pretty much the first thing shown.

MS did great with the reveal. It's breathed some new life into the console conversation. Thumbs up for Team Green.

As for the looks (KleenXbox), I fall into the 'who cares' camp. It'll disappear nicely in the shadows of the shelf under my TV. I just don't want to hear it, and that case looks like it should disperse heat nicely.

Um I know this is very unlem like behaviour, but I didn't watch the game awards or the video for the reveal for this lol. I just saw a pic and it has a slot for the disc and I know Forza will be on it so i'm good :)

Oh and names or shape mean nothing to me as long as the thing works and like you said is quite.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45105 Posts

@davillian-: I think for me it's the size and shape. Trying to picture where I would put it near my TV lol. I have small shelves on my furniture. Even horizonatally I don't think it will fit.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 680 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: that’s the issue. I don’t think it’s a bad looking design and from a cooling perspective I think it will be quite good. The only issue is space.

But if it run much faster than the ps5 without being more expensive then it will still be appealing.

As for the abbreviation, I’m betting it will be called simply “series”. No one that is not a teenager will call it “sex” and it makes you look stupid.

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1642 Posts

My guess is console only consumers, who let's face it aren't all that 'tech savvy', are going to get confused with naming convention here. Xbox One X and Xbox Series X are two close together to differentiate from one another. Sure, on these forums we know the difference, but will the average consumer, will parents?

Just look at the official Xbox forums. Over the past few weeks I've seen quite a few posts about the Xbox One S.A.D with quite a few posts from buyers asking if they can buy an external drive unit to play their disc based games. Or asking if or how to make their disc games to digital games.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 tormentos

@i_p_daily:

If it was really irrelevant you would have not even reply. But you can continue to pretend is irrelevant to you,just like you pretend this is your first account here.☺️

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#192 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

All Sony has to do is show a horizontal console and they win next gen hands down.

As a PlayStation player, one has to feel bad for players that play Xbox exclusively. This is their 4th family of systems and they still will not dominate the market. The name of the console is bad & the hardware is unsexy. They went from Xbox to Xbox 360 to Xbox One to Xbox Series X? Where is the connections? Which came first, which came next? We know because we are players but casual will just go PlayStation or Nintendo. The only real reason to get this thing is if your an Xbox player exclusively and want to maintain your Xbox friendlist over generations. Once the Switch passes the Xbox One in sales this will put Xbox in 3rd place again for the 2nd gen in a row. What are they doing over there?

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#193 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

Beautiful design, shame about the name.

I remember when Windows Phone was originally called, Windows Phone Series but they scrapped the “series.”

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#194 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts
@Syn_Valence said:

Haha what a stupid sounding name and a horrible looking console. That thing is dead in Japan just based on size. And probably dead everywhere else too.

All that money and cant figure it out. Coolyfett can see why there was a gaming crash of 1983. Xbox players will support this, but the casuals that change over every other gen will be on PS5 & Nintendos next tablet. We all know how this will end. Xbox in 3rd place for Generation 9.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

HaH at cows laughing at a consoles design,while millions of cheese burger ps pro”s are sitting under people’s TVs

Maybe sony copy this design to stop the PlayStation noise pollution

Fanboys HAH

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 DragonfireXZ95

@i_p_daily said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@i_p_daily said:

I'm not trying to perpetuate anything other than you're an idiot, and if you're fine with talking about sex in front of your kid or kids in general then maybe someone should be looking into your behaviour.

I will not talk about it in front of kids as some things need to be done only between adults.

Saying the word "sex" is not a horrible thing for kids to hear. Are you nuts? Now, if you said any vulgar things, sure, but just the word sex? No, you seriously are a prude if you think the word "sex" will scar kids. Lmao They don't even know what the word sex is until they actually find out in sex ed.

Seriously, sex is also the word for gender. Are you saying kids will see or hear the word sex when someone is asking about gender and they'll get freaked out for life? Wow, dude.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e171d7dbd091
deactivated-5e171d7dbd091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 deactivated-5e171d7dbd091
Member since 2018 • 284 Posts

Totally into this new next-gen coming from MS. Xbox series x sounds good to me and their line up games to look forward next year is gonna be awesome.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@kadin_kai said:

Beautiful design, shame about the name.

I remember when Windows Phone was originally called, Windows Phone Series but they scrapped the “series.”

Agreed. The design is really good, I dig it! But that name......so bad! That's Wii U level bad.

The whole reveal was confusing -- I wasn't even sure it as their new next gen console. I had to research to confirm.

Avatar image for GiveMeSomething
GiveMeSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 GiveMeSomething
Member since 2007 • 1323 Posts

The design is bad... real bad, so is the name. It looks like a fucking PC, I rather just buy one then lol Too big.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#200 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69472 Posts

@shellcase86 said:

Agreed. The design is really good, ..

@GiveMeSomething said:

The design is bad...