tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

I have see some lemmings claim the xbox one has 35 million units sold,basically this is making a happy medium between EA numbers,and the numbers of a 3rd party.

Let's say it does have 35 millions sold.

That put it 11 million over the original xbox,which sold like 24 million units the xbox sold until mid 2006,but sales of the unit fell flat as soon as the xbox 360 landed,by that time it was 4 years.

The xbox one is on its 5th year and is only 11 million ahead of the OG xbox,with more time on the market,i think it is safe to say that the xbox is a total failure sales wise,the xbox 360 by April 2010 4 months less than the xbox one already was at 40 millions.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-360-sales-top-40-million/1100-6259832/

By November 2010 7 months later it was at 45 millions.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-360-turns-five-sales-hit-45-million/1100-6284419/

That was without counting that holiday 2010, is safe to say it failed badly,even the PS3 was ahead of those numbers by its 5th year as well.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/playstation-3-sales-hit-50-million-move-ships-8-million/1100-6308755/

In fact it took the at one point $600 PS3, 4 years and 5 months to reach 50 millions 15 more than the xbox one in a little less time than it took the xbox one to arrive at 35,hell even faster than the xbox 360 as well.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

But we still don't have official numbers

inb4 the usual cows putting up jpeg\gifs

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

It's fallen behind the 360 in the UK, that one at least is official.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44169 Posts

Umm, ok?

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

its doing worse than 360 because its a worse system than 360 was

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

No way!! Thanks for that great post tormentos, before I read that brilliant masterpiece of a insightful essay I went around thinking Xbox was an astounding success!

I am really looking forward to your in depth analysis about whatever the wiiU was a failure or not! Maybe you could also do one about quantum break, I am pretty sure that one was a critical and financial success, but could really use your sharp analytical mind to break it down for me....

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tormentos

@MonsieurX said:

But we still don't have official numbers

inb4 the usual cows putting up jpeg\gifs

Yes i agree we don't.

But is for a reason that we don't have them,if the sales were super good or even close like 360 PS3 last gen we would know,MS talked about sales this gen,it was when even using shipped numbers they could still not make it look good that they stop.

I think 35 million is a fair number considering EA estimated 30millions and they are close to MS,especially this gen.

@djoffer said:

No way!! Thanks for that great post tormentos, before I read that brilliant masterpiece of a insightful essay I went around thinking Xbox was an astounding success!

I am really looking forward to your in depth analysis about whatever the wiiU was a failure or not! Maybe you could also do one about quantum break, I am pretty sure that one was a critical and financial success, but could really use your sharp analytical mind to break it down for me....

You know what let me find the data and i get back to you with info if the wii u was a failure or not,i am not sure yet.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56097 Posts

If it was between 35/45 millions sold, it is still bad! Xbox One is entering it's 5 year soon, if it hasn't reach over 50 million sold by NOW, that is just bad for a MS console. Almost 5 years and still couldn't reach 50 million sold, there's no excuse MS! Get better next-gen.

Even for Xbox One X, MS was putting all there eggs into one basket thus into Xbox One X. Powerful console doesn't mean crap unless you have killer app exclusive games to back up the console. Why do you think both PS4 & now Switch are at there selling points? Because exclusive games carries the consoles weight. Last-gen, PS3 had a rocky start but once the exclusive came in, it took off good and while Xbox 360 had a good run, after 2010, MS got lazy on the games and PS3 just happens to creep up on it.

Bottom line, exclusive games still matters.

prolificvalor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 prolificvalor
Member since 2013 • 28 Posts

Wow, all these years and tormentos is still creating console hate threads? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Dont think the xbox hardware really matters. The services that MS has/is developing what counts. Xbox is just a gateway to the services. Xbox One was just crippled due to kinect. Xbox One S and X were nice steps. X especially with its forward tech with HDMI 2.1, game vrr mode and freesync. Samsung just patched a few line of its tvs that enables freesync and were starting to see games feature 1080/60 for it(Forza Horizon 4).

Looking forward and gamepass which might open up even more when MS releases its game streaming service and then the rumored xbox scarlett and its line of diff. Skus.

Hardware as mentioned before is just a gateway to the more lucrative services that MS has. Can assume MS is doing well off of its services to warrant making xbox consoles despite low sales which is still alot when considering that rough estimate of 30 million is tapping into other MS Services.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tormentos

@prolificvalor said:

Wow, all these years and tormentos is still creating console hate threads? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

All this years and you still making alt accounts.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

The sales are probably ok on the surface , but I'm assuming a noticeable chunk is from S and X milkage. I come across so many people that have upgraded to at least one of the milkage devices. Many of the biggest fans got milked twice.

talk-lol82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 talk-lol82
Member since 2018 • 2 Posts

Yes, They may be bad but I do not know whether it’s falling.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

Truly the biggest failed system of all time

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

I'm glad we have this thread that states the obvious.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2031 Posts

Better luck next gen

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@recloud said:

Truly the biggest failed system of all time

And the biggest lackluster exclusive games of all times!

No quality exclusive games means no console buy.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#18 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

nott a failure, still makes MS money.

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

Here yee here yee. Gather round all cows. This thread shall serve to ease your fears, and soothe thy soul... For thee Xbox One is a failure. We shall tell ourselves this is true in order to make our purchase of our PS4's right and just!

We shall no longer live with envy and regret. We shall repeat our mantra of "Xbox has no games"! We shall claim that PUBG runs at 5fps. We shall cry that our movie games are full of gameplay, and are all that is right with gaming.

Ignore those who might point out that Xbox has the best first person shooter exclusive.

Boo those who point out that Gears is the best third person shooter exclusive.

Deny those who suggest that Forza is the beat racing exclusive.

Pillage those who tell you that PS4 has no platformer on the same level as Ori.

Dry thy tears fellow cows. We shall prevail! Never surrender! Long live cutscenes!

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Until someone from Microsoft states how many sales the Xbox has had no one will ever know the true number and that goes for both sides. Those saying it is the most failed system of all time the 3DO, Jaguar, WII U, and many others say hi. It will still go down as one of the top 10 best selling home consoles of all time. Is it the success that Microsoft wanted I would say hell no. Is the ps4 curb stomping the Xbox that would be a hell yes. That really is all that matters at this time.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ReCloud

@davillain-: true, some might argue that the Wii U sold less, but it has quality exclusives (being ported to the switch, which I'm loving). Xbox has nothing of the sort.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

@babyjoker1221: lol dude are you alright? You sounds like you are about to cry or some shit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8284346a788
deactivated-5b8284346a788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23 deactivated-5b8284346a788
Member since 2018 • 295 Posts

Cool story, why don't you make another 10 threads about this?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DaVillain  Moderator

@babyjoker1221 said:

Here yee here yee. Gather round all cows. This thread shall serve to ease your fears, and soothe thy soul... For thee Xbox One is a failure. We shall tell ourselves this is true in order to make our purchase of our PS4's right and just!

We shall no longer live with envy and regret. We shall repeat our mantra of "Xbox has no games"! We shall claim that PUBG runs at 5fps. We shall cry that our movie games are full of gameplay, and are all that is right with gaming.

Ignore those who might point out that Xbox has the best first person shooter exclusive.

Dry thy tears fellow cows. We shall prevail! Never surrender! Long live cutscenes!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#25 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Obvious thread is obvious.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tormentos

@babyjoker1221 said:

1-Is a little hard to fear something that can't even beat past incarnation of its own product let alone the competition.

2-Yes i envy i just wish i would not have GOW,Uncharted 4 or Horizon zero dawn,if i could only have Sea of thieves,State of decay 2 or Halo wars 2 such incredible IP's.

Lets ignore that PUBG is coming to PS4,while other games like spiderman are not coming to xbox.

4-I didn't know first person exclusive was a genre,oh wait you mean that game that is not even half of what it use to be in the mid 2000's and that now linger in 84% lowest ever for the series,now is even lower rated than Resistance.. hahahahaha

5-Gears best 3rd person shooter.? Excuse me did Uncharted 4 never happen.? Or are you really want to pretend that Uncharted is a movie? Also how is gears an exclusive? last time i check it could also be play on PC with better graphics and free online play.

6-Aaaa Forza the call of duty of racing,milking the same crap year after year is the only thing consistent on xbox,with this year version by the way it would mark the 6th version in 5 years that abused the series is,with all chapters on the main series this gen scoring again lower than they did on the 2000's.

Again you did a pathetic effort,even more trying to act like Gears has anything on Uncharted,or that Halo is even relevant at this point,is a abused series that is scoring on the low end of 80's how the mighty have fall.

Any more tears you want to share with us.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@babyjoker1221: I see why you have baby in your user name...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tormentos

@Xabiss said:

Until someone from Microsoft states how many sales the Xbox has had no one will ever know the true number and that goes for both sides. Those saying it is the most failed system of all time the 3DO, Jaguar, WII U, and many others say hi. It will still go down as one of the top 10 best selling home consoles of all time. Is it the success that Microsoft wanted I would say hell no. Is the ps4 curb stomping the Xbox that would be a hell yes. That really is all that matters at this time.

You can't hide on that shit.

EA is a close partner of MS they know what the xbox one has sold,because is their BUSYNESS to know,i am been generous here since i am not going by EA i am going by a happy medium.

MS will not reveal its numbers because they know they are bad super bad beyond any damage control that can help them.

Now on the fact that is the most failed system no is not not even close.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

Is this a surprise? Until they release some quality exclusives they will remain behind. And I don't mean Xbox/PC exclusives. That works fine for some games but they need at least three big games a year to stay on Xbox.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

Hmmm Sunday afternoon, shall I go play some of my wonderful exclusives or go on the internet and tell other gamers that what they own is shit?

Hmmmm...

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

I honestly think MS is OK with the Xbox One's sales numbers considering they're seeing double digit revenue growth year-over-year. MS's whole strategy is to maximize revenue per user, and they've gone that very well this generation with things like Gamepass / Games as a service, custom Xbox controllers, Mixer etc.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DaVillain  Moderator

@boycie said:

Hmmm Sunday afternoon, shall I go play some of my wonderful exclusives or go on the internet and tell other gamers that what they own is shit?

Hmmmm...

Do both. Play your games while coming to GS through mobile. Kill two birds with one stone :P

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts
@babyjoker1221 said:

Hilarious meltdown lol.

It's pretty obvious it's a failure and the numbers are bad, only the most diehard fanboys are still trying to pretend it's successful.

MS' refusal to share numbers is all the proof we need that it's doing badly.

No company hides numbers for a product that's doing well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@davillain-: I guess you do have plenty of time to kill during all those cut scenes so fair point!

ahmedkhan1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ahmedkhan1994
Member since 2008 • 714 Posts

And? What's new?

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

More breaking news from Tomato

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tormentos

@boycie said:

Hmmmm...

First i didn't tell them that what they had was shit.

2nd.

Sunday afternoon,shall i go play some of my low rated multiplatforms or go on the internet and defend the honor of the console i love.

mmmmmmm...

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@tormentos: "Sunday afternoon,shall i go play some of my low rated multiplatforms or go on the internet and defend the honor of the console i love."

mmmmmmm...

lol

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#39 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Always a sad concept to see when folks are still pandering to sales of their favorite (or least favorite) inaminate pieces of plastic.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

More fake news from Tomato!

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Damn, I expected something better from you, pathetic, really pathetic, you have lost your touch. So sad.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Lems clinged to that PR lie from MS "Xbone is selling faster than 360 at the same time" for years when everyone knew it wasn't true. Xbone won't even reach 50 million sales lifetime.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#43  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Personally I find it really hard to believe that 35 million people were fanboy blind enough to buy one after E32013 and the lack of quality exclusive games its had since. A few million sure, I could believe that but 35 million!? ...come on. Where did than number come from?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#44 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Oh noes double standards!! When the Wii was crushing the competition sales didn't mattered!! ?

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

I dont have or care about either consoles success or failure

But even if it's sold 20 million thats not a failure,, there are many consoles in the past have sold less.

Think it about how big a number 20 million is

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts
@babyjoker1221 said:

Gears and Halo are irrelevant in 2018. They get like 9 viewers on Twitch to watch the 15 people still playing them lol.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11089 Posts

Yeah, it's pretty sad. That's why you got Phil hanging out outside Playstation HQ now so he can see how a real game console company is run. Guess he's letting Matt Booty run things in Redmond.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ReCloud

@phbz: I don't think anybody ever said that, plus the Wii had amazing exclusives like Mario Galaxy and Zelda skyward sword, meanwhile, the xone doesn't have sales or exclusives. It's simply a failure overall.

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

M$ should have included the RROD feature from last gen, to inflate "sales numbers". Sure, they still came in last place, and lost way more money, but last gen was a lot closer as far as systems "sold".

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#50 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Ha, this was the worst Xbox generation sold ever.