soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts

Let's be serious, whats the point of the Xbox one X. Within its lifespan before the next xbox...there just won't be enough exclusive games, we all know it takes atleast 2 years and more time to come up with original and interesting exclusives and in that department MS lacks.....so again whats the point. Just boasting about power/hardware won't cut. MS quick and desperate answer to the pro wasn't needed, expecially since the PRO to the original PS4 isn't much of the difference. MS took serious defense to it and should of just waiting another 2 years to release a proper and next gen Xbox. I'm done.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@soapandbubbles said:

Let's be serious, whats the point of the Xbox one X. Within its lifespan before the next xbox...there just won't be enough exclusive games, we all know it takes atleast 2 years and more time to come up with original and interesting exclusives and in that department MS lacks.....so again whats the point. Just boasting about power/hardware won't cut. MS quick and desperate answer to the pro wasn't needed, expecially since the PRO to the original PS4 isn't much of the difference. MS took serious defense to it and should of just waiting another 2 years to release a proper and next gen Xbox. I'm done.

It's for the next installment after Halo 5G (Y2015), Gears of War 4(Y2016), Forza Horizon 3 (Y2016) and Killer Instinct Season 3(Y2016).

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Booooooooo

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

So is this thread since there are many more like and we'll there are people who will buy it anyway

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@soapandbubbles: "whats the point of the Xbox one X"

Milk lemmings. Why just take $500 from your loyal fanboys each gen when you can make them buy the same game-less machine twice and take $1000 from them? MS is smart dude, they don't even have to try making games they spend most of the resources they make on hiring people to come up with the next marketing term to hype up the lemmings: teh cloud, teh dx12, teh console launch exclusives, teh uncompromised true 4k, teh etc etc.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ronvalencia

@pinkanimal said:

Milk lemmings. Why just take $500 from your loyal fanboys each gen when you can make them buy the same game-less machine twice and take $1000 from them? MS is smart dude, they don't even have to try making games they spend most of the resources they make on hiring people to come up with the next marketing term to hype up the lemmings: teh cloud, teh dx12, teh console launch exclusives, teh uncompromised true 4k, teh etc etc.

A knee-jerk reaction for a cow dung.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@pinkanimal said:

A knee-jerk reaction for a cow dung.

It seems your butt is glitching again spambot

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@soapandbubbles said:

It's for the next installment after Halo 5G (Y2015), Gears of War 4(Y2016), Forza Horizon 3 (Y2016) and Killer Instinct Season 3(Y2016).

What?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

if that's the case then the PRO is pointless.

make a second thread on that.

PopGotcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 PopGotcha
Member since 2016 • 716 Posts

@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:
@soapandbubbles said:

What?

The bot continues to make no literal sense what so ever

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

if that's the case then the PRO is pointless.

make a second thread on that.

The Pro came out last year and even then there wasn't a big point to it. And it was the same price as the og ps4. The x1x will be the same thing accept $100 more and a whole year later. It Def has more pointless points cause of those things. Dont get me started on games lol especially with the next gen starting not to seem that far nowadays.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

another person missing the point of the OneX

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Lol, you cows just can't stop can you... So much salt.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

It's a weird console indeed.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Litchie

@FastRobby: Other than playing your One games with a bit better graphics, what is the point?

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#16 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

I'm super lukewarm on the idea of stop-gap consoles, but I can't deny that I've taken advantage of the 60fps mode on each occasion it has been offered, which has vastly enhanced my console gaming experience.

But if I had to go back and decide again, I would opt to stick my OG PS4 rather than upgrade.

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Black96Z
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts

@Litchie: playing multi plat games with a bit better graphics. 4k blu-ray player. Building developers confidence. Building consumer confidence.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Litchie
@Black96Z said:

@Litchie: playing multi plat games with a bit better graphics. 4k blu-ray player.

OK, I get that, but..

@Black96Z said:

@Litchie: Building developers confidence. Building consumer confidence.

That just sounds like bullshit.

So a bit better graphics and a 4K bluray player then - The point of Xbox One X.
Those points suck.. But whatever floats thy boat.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@Litchie said:

@FastRobby: Other than playing your One games with a bit better graphics, what is the point?

Nope that's it. Better experience and gameplay than the OneS. Same games, same UI, practically everything the same, just a more powerful box. If you think the library is lacking games then it should've said: "Xbox One is pointless", but I get why he focuses on the OneX to get more clicks

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Black96Z
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts

@Litchie: How can you say it is bullshit? Look at the way M$ started this generation and where they are now. Even today people complain about the quality of X1's games. Look at how the developers are responding to the new console now that they have the developers kits. There has been a lot of positive responses from them. 3rd party developers who didnt care much for the X1 at the start of the gen now have a reason to consider taking advantage of this new console. And if M$ is willing to throw this much effort into a mid gen console should be looked at as a positive. They could surprise everyone next gen.

I should also add that this new console will offer freesync. All the little things this console is providing do add up to a good reason to consider this console. Of Sony would have been smart they would have included a 4k player with their pro model. If a $250 xbox one s can include a 4k player then the $400 pro has no excuse as to why it wasnt included. That would have given me a reason to have chosen the pro over the slim.

Last i researched the pro there were still issues with the pro running some games worse then the original and slim models. Im not sure if this problem has been addressed or not. Lot of sony fans put m$ down for their effort they put twords backwards compatibility, but i remember reading last generation people complaining about how sony's later ps3's lost their BC.

All the little things that m$ is putting into this console does make it worth the extra $100 over the pro.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

These threads have to stop.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

Lol cows're scurred.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Ok, then don't buy it. Did you think anyone was waiting for you to chime in before making their own decision?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ronvalencia

@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:
@soapandbubbles said:

What?

It seems you can't handle X1X has better multi-platform game graphics over PS4 Pro.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ronvalencia

@Litchie said:
@Black96Z said:

@Litchie: playing multi plat games with a bit better graphics. 4k blu-ray player.

OK, I get that, but..

@Black96Z said:

@Litchie: Building developers confidence. Building consumer confidence.

That just sounds like bullshit.

So a bit better graphics and a 4K bluray player then - The point of Xbox One X.

Those points suck.. But whatever floats thy boat.

X1X targets the games console market despite PC's hardware superiority.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c746fddbe486
deactivated-5c746fddbe486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deactivated-5c746fddbe486
Member since 2017 • 193 Posts

Xbox One X and PS4 Pro where designed to give gamers the best looking games and to extend this gen another 5yrs before we get the next upgrades, its just MS gave Xbox gamers a better system

MS and Sony want there to be no gens anymore so gamers on a budget won't miss out because they can't afford the lastest and most advanced console X1X or the half ass PS4 Pro, they can pick up the Xbox One S or PS4 for only $200 and won't miss out on all the new games and can pick up older games for dirt cheap

Games on X1X will already look a gen ahead of the competition, 4K textures and better effects, lighting

PS4 Pro is just the same base PS4 game with Faux4K

I think the PS4 Pro is actually a pointless upgraded over the PS4, Sony should have given Sony gamers a beast console at a higher premium price

MS had the right idea go all out and deliver a beast console for its fans while having the budget Xbox for the casuals

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

Both Xbox One X & PS4 Pro was a mistake!

Thank you Nintendo for giving us gamers a true next-gen console that is Nintendo Switch. I can't thank you enough Nintendo!

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

It will be a pointless console for all the reasons above and the inevitable next PS console announcement is bound to be there to put a dampener on what little it achieves a year or less after XboneX release. I doubt any of that will stop the XBots buying one though, after the cluster **** surrounding the last XboX's release they still bought into that shit.

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

I like pie.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@soapandbubbles: if we are being serious now, a grown ass man owning a gaming console in general is pointless. There are way better, more productive things one can do with their time.

But since it is a hobby and people do enjoy it. It doesn't matter what they enjoy it on. I feel PS4 Pro was the mistake and Sony is gonna continue true generations, and MS is taking the gamble on generationless with the X1X. I'm think 3 years tops support for X1S, then X1X will be come the lowest Xbox and then another more powerful Xbox comes out and it just continues moving forward and backwards. Exciting times ahead indeed

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

I think the XboxOneX will actually be a hindrance more than anything.

Now if developers want to make a game for Xbox they have to optimise it for 3 different systems (OG,Slim,X). I'm guessing the devs already put off (Japanese, etc) will now just not bother if the sales aren't great to begin with. Not only that Microsoft still maintains their DirectX only approach in the future I can see there being problems when all PC games are going the way of Vulkan for multi-platform compatibility and performance.

MS needs to rethink their Xbox strategy.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I gotta say, these threads are getting pretty tired. It's not that there aren't valid concerns being raised based on personal preference and expectations, but there are only so many times we can "discuss" this.

I'm not getting an x1x. It's not for me. But clearly some people want it for their own reasons, and really - whose business is that but their own? Take the Dreamcast- one of my favorite consoles ever. It got wholloped and died a sad death, but the fact that people were crawling all over ps2s like ants on toast didn't change the fact that DC was the right machine for ME (I also had a launch ps2 - just as many x1x owners will likely have a ps4)

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

I guess it help to extend the gen longer which is nice to me other wise you know MS will push out for new gen like how the dump the og Xbox for 360 so I'm glade is xbx instead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@ten_pints said:

I think the XboxOneX will actually be a hindrance more than anything.

Now if developers want to make a game for Xbox they have to optimise it for 3 different systems (OG,Slim,X). I'm guessing the devs already put off (Japanese, etc) will now just not bother if the sales aren't great to begin with. Not only that Microsoft still maintains their DirectX only approach in the future I can see there being problems when all PC games are going the way of Vulkan for multi-platform compatibility and performance.

MS needs to rethink their Xbox strategy.

OG is OneS, and what's the difference with developing for PS4 and PS Pro?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@xantufrog said:

I gotta say, these threads are getting pretty tired. It's not that there aren't valid concerns being raised based on personal preference and expectations, but there are only so many times we can "discuss" this.

I'm not getting an x1x. It's not for me. But clearly some people want it for their own reasons, and really - whose business is that but their own? Take the Dreamcast- one of my favorite consoles ever. It got wholloped and died a sad death, but the fact that people were crawling all over ps2s like ants on toast didn't change the fact that DC was the right machine for ME (I also had a launch ps2 - just as many x1x owners will likely have a ps4)

Welcome to SW. I'm DaVillain, I'll be you're tour guide on what you will find here. In SW, we have lots of Xbox One X threads were we can see who loves it or hate it. We have very less Nintendo Switch & even PS4 threads as well. We hope you'll enjoy our SW X1X threads and if you need anything, DaVillain will be here to help.

Have a nice day :)

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#36  Edited By svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Every time someone preorders an X1X cows die a little inside... FFS let it go lol

Both Pro and X1X are pointless consoles unless your specifically looking for the improved hardware capabilities over the regular models.

I really hope the mods are going to start cracking down on all these threads that crop up daily so we can finally talk about something else on these bloody forums.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Well I'm going to get one and I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it so that's all that really matters to me.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Yeah i agree.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

@FastRobby: there is no point to xb1x, it'll just continue what the original started. It'll just do something closer to 4k a little more often. You should keep an eye out for I guess for the sake of it I'll call it xb4 that will be the true 4k console for you Xbox fans or close to it but it should definately be more stable than X.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:
@soapandbubbles said:

What?

It seems you can't handle X1X has better multi-platform game graphics over PS4 Pro.

wtf are you talking about?

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#42 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I would say it's pointless to me. For one, I already own the original Xbox One, and that's pointless enough right there. I don't have a 4K TV, either. But I can see where some people might find it worthwhile to get one, such as those looking to buy an Xbox One for the first time, or the ones who somehow would rather spend money upgrading their console instead of their PC. *shrugs*

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Yep it's pointless. Brings nothing new at all to the table and that's why it will ultimately fail like its predecessors OG Xbone and XboneS.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

That's an original thread

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Life itself is pointless. What's your point?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@xantufrog said:

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

True, and of course it will not dethrone current gen 8 leader PS4,

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

It's pointless like this thread. Talk about beat a dead horse.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

Correct. All consoles play games at the end of the day. Is gameplay not enough for you hardware and graphics hotheads? Waste of money I'd say.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@soapandbubbles said:

In all seriousness, what in the hell is going on with this chart? Have the laws governing the universe changed or something?