deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

While in and of itself, this doesn't necessarily have to indicate any larger trends, it is nonetheless impressive, given that the Pro is 80% the price, and was on sale for eight months longer.

Maybe there is demand for an expensive console like the Xbox One X after all?

SOURCE

gfxpipeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 gfxpipeline
Member since 2014 • 543 Posts

LOL!

The fact that you think this is threadworthy is hilarious...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@gfxpipeline said:

LOL!

Nothing is threadworthy for you unless it fellates Sony three times over.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Hasn't it sold 0 units on Amazon?

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

TCHBO

let the meltdown commence

Ryu_Silveira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ryu_Silveira
Member since 2017 • 167 Posts

Tormentos would certainly agree with this since he always loves using Amazon numbers...lmfao

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45107 Posts

That same list has the Switch ahead of the PS4 slim which we all know is not true in real life.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

@charizard1605: Lmao... well said.

Can everyone hear the incoming cow excuses stampede? Gonna be filled with thoughtful posts that make heaps of sense, I'm sure. Lol.

Anyway good to see. If you make a proper product, people will buy it.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

While in and of itself, this doesn't necessarily have to indicate any larger trends, it is nonetheless impressive, given that the Pro is 80% cheaper, and was on sale for eight months longer.

Maybe there is demand for an expensive console like the Xbox One X after all?

SOURCE

Demand for an expensive console? We have had numerous debates on this site, does console power influence a gamer's decision? It still at an early stage, i will admit, but power seem's to be the main reason, gamer's are pre-ordering this console.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SolidGame_basic said:

That same list has the Switch ahead of the PS4 slim which we all know is not true in real life.

The Switch has outsold the PS4 Slim on Amazon this year- and YTD, the Switch has outsold the PS4 Slim in the US, period, if we take NPD yearly sales for both consoles, and then also take into account that 20% of all PS4s sold are Pro units.

It's not exactly 1:1 representative, but it is representative.

gfxpipeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gfxpipeline

@SolidGame_basic said:

Shhhh...don't ruin the thread.

Let the Xbox deadenders get their hopes up.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#12  Edited By svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Well when you release a real console upgrade instead of a half-assed one...

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

With Switch selling well, PS4 pwning, and now Xbox One X doing better then even Microsoft thought. It is such a great time to be a gamer!

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

This confirms some of my suspicions about the XOneX, I remember thinking this a few times in the past few months. Microsoft were basically bluffing when they said they didn't expect it to outsell the X1S.

It still might not, but with how they promoted the device and how carefully it was designed to be this super console, and how they recently started saying that even people with 1080P TVs would greatly benefit from it, I just got the impression they were banking more on it than they were letting on. Anyways, I'm just glad an expensive console that I pre-ordered appears to be a smashing success so far.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@gfxpipeline said:

LOL!

Why wouldn't it be, gpuking?

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EndofAugust
Member since 2017 • 812 Posts

I told you guys this would happen, it's not because people don't want an expensive 4K console, they want one that present enough value to be worth it. The Pro has not presented this value even at $400, it's very much a half-step to where it needs to be and is missing some things that were shortsighted on Sony's part and omitted. Microsoft was smart to wait a year, it garnered them a lot of incite and the ability to implement things based upon not only feedback of the Pro, but from the community in general, as a result they've brought a substantially more competent system into the fray and people want it.

People will gladly spend $500 over $400 if the value of the $500 device is considerably higher.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

On Amazon UK as well (48 vs 60)

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@charizard1605: The Pro is 80% cheaper? Since when was it $100?

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 EndofAugust

@asylumni said:

He clearly meant to put 20%.

gfxpipeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gfxpipeline

@clone01 said:
@gfxpipeline said:

LOL!

Why wouldn't it be, gpuking?

The PS4 Pro entire reason for existing is for the, last I checked, 15 percent of the market that actually owns 4k TVs.

That's it.

That is the end all and be all of the PS4 Pro.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@endofaugust said:

I told you guys this would happen, it's not because people don't want an expensive 4K console, they want one that present enough value to be worth it. The Pro has not presented this value even at $400, it's very much a half-step to where it needs to be and is missing some things that were shortsighted on Sony's part and omitted. Microsoft was smart to wait a year, it garnered them a lot of incite and the ability to implement things based upon not only feedback of the Pro, but from the community in general, as a result they've brought a substantially more competent system into the fray and people want it.

Two things:

• While these early sales are absolutely impressive, and don't let anyone who tries to downplay them tell you otherwise, do remember that they are just that, 'early sales'. As you yourself were so eager to point out when the Switch performed similarly well earlier this year, even failing consoles like Wii U and PS Vita have put up good numbers at first at the start. Whether the One X can sustain itself like the Switch did remains to be seen
  • Ifthese sales are sustained, then I was wrong, and I will happily accept my crow, but the caveat is I hope Microsoft uses the renewed momentum and actually invests it into some worthwhile games again, instead of coasting on autopilot like they have been.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@asylumni said:

I meant 80% the price, sorry.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

@endofaugust: Yep, exactly. As much as cows like to say otherwise, the X is a proper upgrade... unlike the half-arsed Pro. People will buy a good, well designed product... even if it costs more.

Early days, but promising.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By loe12k

@Alucard_Prime said:

This confirms some of my suspicions about the XOneX, I remember thinking this a few times in the past few months. Microsoft were basically bluffing when they said they didn't expect it to outsell the X1S.

It still might not, but with how they promoted the device and how carefully it was designed to be this super console, and how they recently started saying that even people with 1080P TVs would greatly benefit from it, I just got the impression they were banking more on it than they were letting on. Anyways, I'm just glad an expensive console that I pre-ordered appears to be a smashing success so far.

Imagine if they had blockbusters games for it and released it a lower price. Microsoft was shortsighted. This don't mean much, the hardcore xbox fans were going to buy the xbox one x. What we don't see here is any Playstation fans pre-ordering it? How many are pre-ordering the console worldwide . MS European xbox one sales are abysmal., is there much pre-ordering of the x now?

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 EndofAugust

@charizard1605 said:
@endofaugust said:

Two things:

• While these early sales are absolutely impressive, and don't let anyone who tries to downplay them tell you otherwise, do remember that they are just that, 'early sales'. As you yourself were so eager to point out when the Switch performed similarly well earlier this year, even failing consoles like Wii U and PS Vita have put up good numbers at first at the start. Whether the One X can sustain itself like the Switch did remains to be seen
  • Ifthese sales are sustained, then I was wrong, and I will happily accept my crow, but the caveat is I hope Microsoft uses the renewed momentum and actually invests it into some worthwhile games again, instead of coasting on autopilot like they have been.

Yeah, but at the same time it just dwarfed 8 1/2 months of sales for a PlayStation 4 in 4 days on the market, 4 days in which it has sold out on this website which means there's obviously still demand that cannot be met.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#26 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@endofaugust: I can't comment on the PS-Pro because I've not done sufficient research on it, but I knew the XOneX would do well(at least at first) because the value is there. Personally the extra 100-200$ from the base XOne or the competition to me is really not a big deal, this is a console that will last for a few years and that amount is not what burns my wallet, it's all the games I buy every month.

I could easily hold back buying a few games for a few months and make up that difference. It was never an issue for me the price tag and I suspect for anyone interested in the console either because as you said the value is there. Then you have the trade in deals with the base XOne, I have a feeling many Xbox fans will make a big effort to get this console.

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By EndofAugust

@Alucard_Prime said:

@endofaugust: I can't comment on the PS-Pro because I've not done sufficient research on it, but I knew the XOneX would do well(at least at first) because the value is there. Personally the extra 100-200$ from the base XOne or the competition to me is really not a big deal, this is a console that will last for a few years and that amount is not what burns my wallet, it's all the games I buy every month.

I could easily hold back buying a few games for a few months and make up that difference. It was never an issue for me the price tag and I suspect for anyone interested in the console either because as you said the value is there. Then you have the trade in deals with the base XOne, I have a feeling many Xbox fans will make a big effort to get this console.

The other obvious perk is that the system is going to be releasing with well over 100 games already enhanced, with 2 1/2 months to go it would not surprise me if that list grew to 200. So not only is there value in the system itself, great value, it's going to have a ton of stuff to make use of its power right out of the gate, stuff you already own.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SolidGame_basic  Online

@charizard1605: but Amazon is not the world. PS4 is still the console leader. No need to put special parameters lol.

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By EndofAugust

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605: but Amazon is not the world. PS4 is still the console leader. No need to put special parameters lol.

Amazon is the largest retailer in the world (by a ridiculous margin), does that not account for something?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

Wow, things are looking good so far. Hope this news encourages third parties to put more support behind game upgrades and optimization of the XB1X games.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50

@Alucard_Prime: well said

I have over 150 games in my xb1 library so this console beast is a must get for me.

Day one baby.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SolidGame_basic said:

I agree, like I said in the OP itself. I am just saying this is indicative of the Xbox One X doing well, too. Whether it will do as well as the PS4 or the Switch, which are basically now selling at an equivalent pace worldwide, is something that remains to be seen, but at least this shows us there is still interest in the Xbox brand.

@endofaugust said:

Yeah, but at the same time it just dwarfed 8 1/2 months of sales for a PlayStation 4 in 4 days on the market, 4 days in which it has sold out on this website which means there's obviously still demand that cannot be met.

Okay, but that doesn't address the point I raised.

I agree this is good news. I agree this indicates that there is still interest in the Xbox brand. Those are good things. You cannot take these things, however, to be substitutes for long term empirical trends.

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 EndofAugust

@charizard1605: You know what, this might actually bring about a second wind for the Xbox One in general, even the base one. If developers see how much interest there is in the X platform they may make games for the Xbox One just so they can build games for the X.

The next few years are going to be exciting, I hope this entices a lot of developers.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Hm, I wouldn't be surprised, but iirc the Pro Amazon preorders looked really impressive on Amazon too relative to the competition - bear in mind this is basically a placeholder stat for the x1x, compared to actual sales for the Pro.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SolidGame_basic  Online

@endofaugust: no they're not lol Walmart says hi.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@xantufrog said:

Hm, I wouldn't be surprised, but iirc the Pro Amazon preorders looked really impressive on Amazon too relative to the competition - bear in mind this is basically a placeholder stat for the x1x, compared to actual sales for the Pro.

Yes. That's why, while I am admitting that this is good news (which is impossible to deny), it is also not conclusive news. Many look to be jumping to conclusions here- on both sides.

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 EndofAugust

@SolidGame_basic said:

@endofaugust: no they're not lol Walmart says hi.

I meant online, in terms of retail in general they are well on their way to dethroning Walmart.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FLOPPAGE_50

@SolidGame_basic: so amazon is only important when it benefits you cows?

I see you guys make threads all the time

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@loe12k said:
@Alucard_Prime said:

Imagine if they had blockbusters games for it and released it a lower price. Microsoft was shortsighted. This don't mean much, the hardcore xbox fans were going to buy the xbox one x. What we don't see here is any Playstation fans pre-ordering it? How many are pre-ordering the console worldwide . MS European xbox one sales are abysmal., is there much pre-ordering of the x now?

@charizard1605 said:

On Amazon UK as well (48 vs 60)

There you go.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

@SolidGame_basic: so amazon is only important when it benefits you cows?

I see you guys make threads all the time

Hey, in SolidGame's defense, he doesn't make Amazon threads.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FLOPPAGE_50

@charizard1605: he participates in the circle jerk though.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@endofaugust said:

With $499 price target, Sony could have asked AMD for PS4 NEO Option B. Sony doesn't need to wait for X1X's 384 bit GDDR5-6800 memory bus.

X1X's APU includes something that normal Polaris 10 doesn't have which is an update to RBE (Render Back Ends which includes ROPS) units.

X1X's non-L1 cache layout vs Vega 56/64's non-L1 cache layout

X1X has 2 MB L2 cache for TMU read/write + 2 MB rendering cache for ROPS read/write. Seems to be Polaris 36 percent memory compression boost. This is one of reasons why X1X's Forzatech's wet track with heavy alpha effects rivals GTX 1070 class GPUs. RBE's render cache and L2 cache are placed next to each other to lower latency.

Vega 56/64 has unified 4MB L2 cache for TMU and ROPS read/write. Seems to be Polaris 36 percent memory compression boost. Vega has HBC (high bandwidth cache below the L2 cache).

Against NVIDIA Paxwell GPUs

GTX 1070/1080 has unified ~2MB L2 cache for TMU and ROPS read/write. Pascal has 100 percent memory compression boost.

GTX 1080 Ti has unified ~3MB L2 cache for TMU and ROPS read/write. Pascal has 100 percent memory compression boost.

GTX 980 Ti has unified ~3MB L2 cache for TMU and ROPS read/write. Seems to be Maxwell V2 has 100 percent memory compression boost with Pascal era drivers.

Paxwell's ROPS access to large L2 cache is a known NVIDIA ROPS advantage.

AMD's Hawaii/Tonga/Fury/Polaris GPU's ROPS doesn't have direct access to L2 cache i.e. data must go through the memory controller bottleneck.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By loe12k

@lamprey263 said:

Wow, things are looking good so far. Hope this news encourages third parties to put more support behind game upgrades and optimization of the XB1X games.

The problem is Microsoft could be selling just another console to a gamer who already has a xbox live subscription. My eyes this is not growth.The upgrades are easy and not expensive, with new game releases.

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 EndofAugust

@ronvalencia said:
@endofaugust said:

With $499 price target, Sony could have asked AMD for PS4 NEO Option B. Sony doesn't need to wait for X1X's 384 bit GDDR5-6800 memory bus.

X1X's APU includes something that normal Polaris 10 doesn't have which is an update to RBE (Render Back Ends which includes ROPS) units.

X1X's non-L1 cache layout vs Vega 56/64's non-L1 cache layout

X1X has 2 MB L2 cache for TMU read/write + 2 MB rendering cache for ROPS read/write. Seems to be Polaris 36 percent memory compression boost. This is one of reasons why X1X's Forzatech's wet track with heavy alpha effects rivals GTX 1070 class GPUs. RBE's render cache and L2 cache are placed next to each other to lower latency.

Vega 56/64 has unified 4MB L2 cache for TMU and ROPS read/write. Seems to be Polaris 36 percent memory compression boost. Vega has HBC (high bandwidth cache below the L2 cache).

Against NVIDIA Paxwell GPUs

GTX 1070/1080 has unified ~2MB L2 cache for TMU and ROPS read/write. Pascal has 100 percent memory compression boost.

GTX 1080 Ti has unified ~3MB L2 cache for TMU and ROPS read/write. Pascal has 100 percent memory compression boost.

GTX 980 Ti has unified ~3MB L2 cache for TMU and ROPS read/write. Seems to be Maxwell V2 has 100 percent memory compression boost with Pascal era drivers.

Paxwell's ROPS access to L2 cache is a known NVIDIA ROPS advantage.

@charizard1605

Is someone ever going to curb this nonsense? There's a time and a place for it, and he just does not seem to get that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

@charizard1605: he participates in the circle jerk though.

Naw man. Like, he likes his PlayStation (and Nintendo!), and he openly likes talking about it, that's not a circle jerk, he does so civilly and never trolls. Many Xbox players here do the same, and they are always civil, look at Alucard_Prime as an example of a civil Xbox user who always states his preference without being obnoxious.

SolidGame isn't even biased, he used to dish out credit to MS when they catered to his wants. They don't now, so he doesn't.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Sony fans where quite lukewarm on the Pro. These results here prove that. The Xbox One X is the 3rd most hyped console of the year behind 2 Nintendo products. Sony has no momentum at this point hardware wise with the lackluster reception of the Pro and PSVR.

Microsoft has solid opportunities ahead of them. Many of us just wish they had the library to put things over the top.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

Scorpio hasn't sold one console yet

gfxpipeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By gfxpipeline

@endofaugust said:

@charizard1605: You know what, this might actually bring about a second wind for the Xbox One in general, even the base one. If developers see how much interest there is in the X platform they may make games for the Xbox One just so they can build games for the X.

The next few years are going to be exciting, I hope this entices a lot of developers.

LOL.

It definitely isn't because Microsoft released an overpriced and underpowered turd of a console three years ago leaving its niche dudebro audience bitter and humiliated and desperate for something to make all that pain go away and now those very same dudebros are rushing out to blow 500 bucks on replacement console to play up-scaled current gen games thanks to have all that extra disposable income having almost nothing worth spending it on for the Xbox One.

Nope, definitely not that!

It's an Xbox Resurgence Everyone!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Chutebox said:

Scorpio hasn't sold one console yet

Again, let's not miss the forest for the trees. This is not indicative of 1:1 success- but it paints an encouraging picture in that there is still interest in the Xbox brand. Would you not agree?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56105 Posts

Impressive is all I gotta say.