Xbox One Slim Not So Slim?

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

Looks like the Xbox Slim is confirmed, especially if Tom Warren posts. Get ready....

• Will the Xbox One Slim (XOS) be half the size?
  • Will the XOS have an internal power supply?
  • Will the XOS be just as quiet as the current XO?
  • Will the XOS be available without a Blu-ray drive?
  • Will the XOS eliminate the HDMI in?

I would like to see the XOS come with a new controller, albeit the same as the one that is in there now but with added rubber to the handles like the Elite has.

I will be getting one of these on day one that is for sure. I am glad E3 is right around the corner.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts
@kvally said:

I will be getting one of these on day one that is for sure.

If you don't really know what it is (none of us know yet) and it's not that slim...why are you intent on getting it day one?

I'm fine with my launch 2013 Xbone personally.

CVStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 CVStar
Member since 2016 • 178 Posts

The price is going to matter.

I already own an xboxone so getting one is pointless.

However, if ms wants to ship more units, they need to undercut sony.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kvally

@SolidTy said:

If you don't really know what it is and it's not that slim...why are you intent on getting one?

I love new game consoles. I will always get all the PS/Xbox slims/updates/next gens. Part of my gaming hobby.

Avatar image for thecouchpotater
TheCouchPotater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheCouchPotater
Member since 2015 • 239 Posts

I don't fully understand the appeal of smaller gaming consoles just for the sake of being smaller. The X1's size is in part a function of over engineering to reduce heat related hardware failures. This also has the benefit of making the X1 one of the quietest modern consoles. If those benefits are traded away in favor of a smaller form factor, then color me uninterested.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

How can such a weak console be so fat n ugly? Mystery.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@kvally said:
@SolidTy said:

If you don't really know what it is and it's not that slim...why are you intent on getting one?

I love new game consoles. I will always get all the PS/Xbox slims/updates/next gens. Part of my gaming hobby.

In many aspects they are better than the original, most of the bugs are gone. If a slimmer version becomes available I´ll probably sell mine and get me the new one.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@SolidTy said:
@kvally said:

If you don't really know what it is (none of us know yet) and it's not that slim...why are you intent on getting it day one?

You're fine with one of the biggest systems ever made that barely fits my entertainment center and looks like trash to the general public?

This is a giant step in the right direction, the xbox one doesn't look like console, its bigger than every console this move kills multiple birds with one stone imo.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SolidTy

@ProtossRushX said:
@SolidTy said:
@kvally said:

You're fine with one of the biggest systems ever made that barely fits my entertainment center and looks like trash to the general public?

This is a giant step in the right direction, the xbox one doesn't look like console, its bigger than every console this move kills multiple birds with one stone imo.

But I already made space for my Xbone nearly 2+ years ago. I'm not a fan of it's size, but it's a done deal. I'm certainly not buying another one, especially since the OP points out it's not even that slim either.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kvally

@silversix_ said:

Well, we have a weak fat n ugly console that is quiet, and we have a weak thin n ugly console that is loud. Depends on your priorities I guess. Hopefully the XOS is thin and quiet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@SolidTy said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@SolidTy said:
@kvally said:

But I already made space for my Xbone nearly 2+ years ago. I'm not a fan of it's size, but it's a done deal. I'm certainly not buying another one, especially since the OP points out it's not even that slim either.

Its simple you take your xbox one out, you trade it in for this slim now you get more space you got a better controller. Your life is instantly better and you got sweet deal for trading your other one in and got just a better xbox experience now.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kvally

@SolidTy said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@SolidTy said:
@kvally said:

That's cool. But others choose to do the opposite. Nothing wrong with choices.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SolidTy

@kvally said:
@SolidTy said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@SolidTy said:

Huh?

Protoss asked me a question ("I'm fine with a huge system?") and I answered his question.

I never said anything about other people's choices.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

Unless it offers something new that's an actual improvement over the current model, I'll stick to my current Forza 6 console... which hasnt put a foot wrong and is super quiet.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SolidTy

@ProtossRushX said:
@SolidTy said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@SolidTy said:

Its simple you take your xbox one out, you trade it in for this slim now you get more space you got a better controller. Your life is instantly better and you got sweet deal for trading your other one in and got just a better xbox experience now.

We don't know what this machine really is yet, other than it's not actually that slim.

I'm certainly not spending another penny towards another Xbone based on speculation.

I only use it for exclusives as it is.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56102 Posts

I personally just don't care about an Xbox One slim. I never care about the actual size of my Xbox One day one and it ain't like I'm gonna carry it around anywhere, why do I need a slim? Just give me games for damn sakes MS.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kvally

@SolidTy said:
@kvally said:
@SolidTy said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@SolidTy said:

Huh?

Protoss asked me a question ("I'm fine with a huge system?") and I answered his question.

My bad, the notification system here sucks IMO. It always seems like I am being replied to, when in reality you are replying to someone else. And then I read it wrong.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SolidTy

@kvally said:
@SolidTy said:

Huh?

My bad, the notification system here sucks IMO. It always seems like I am being replied to, when in reality you are replying to someone else. And then I read it wrong.

It's all good and dandy.

The notifications can be tricky to work with here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@davillain- said:

I personally just don't care about an Xbox One slim. I never care about the actual size of my Xbox One day one and it ain't like I'm gonna carry it around anywhere, why do I need a slim? Just give me games for damn sakes MS.

Bro people are buying games on xbox one I just turned mine in 3 months and my friends had quantum break/gears of war achievements and hulu achievements.

PEOPLE are playing the xb1 trust me I'm about to play some Halo MCC on a higher difficulty cause of all the doom hype an stuff going on. Then im going to play half-life 2 on pc.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#20 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

It has to be, the current design of the One is a goddamn abomination.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56102 Posts

@ProtossRushX: If it makes you happy, I'm playing Sunset Overdrive that I got it for free with GWG. Dammit I wish GS would fix the sigs so everyone can see what games I'm currently playing.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@silversix_ said:

MS maybe wanted to have good cooling/airflow in it so not another RROD system?:P

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

I'm like most that I'm ok with my Xbox fat. It keeps the console cool and quiet at least.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kvally

@primorandomguy said:

I'm like most that I'm ok with my Xbox fat. It keeps the console cool and quiet at least.

I wish the PS4 had been made larger too so that it wasn't so loud. I will take fat over loud.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Just as long it doesn't wobble like the PS4's flawed design then I'm ok with it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@gago-gago said:

Just as long it doesn't wobble like the PS4's flawed design then I'm ok with it.

the ps4 wobbles, its get hot and noisy, my xb1 is quiet like a brick.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@kvally said:
@silversix_ said:

Well, we have a weak fat n ugly console that is quiet, and we have a weak thin n ugly console that is loud. Depends on your priorities I guess. Hopefully the XOS is thin and quiet.

Unless you're playing your PS4 with barely any volume turned on the noise levels really isn't noticeable with the exception of loading screens.

Also, the revised motherboard in new PS4 models is much quieter.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kvally

@ProtossRushX said:
@gago-gago said:

the ps4 wobbles, its get hot and noisy, my xb1 is quiet like a brick.

Ruby Sue: Rocky bit my thumb. Him's nervous.

Clark: Nervous or excited?

Ruby Sue: Shittin' bricks.

Clark: You shouldn't use that word.

Ruby Sue: Sorry. Shittin' rocks

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By kvally

@emgesp said:
@kvally said:
@silversix_ said:

Unless you're playing your PS4 with barely any volume turned on the noise levels really isn't noticeable with the exception of loading screens.

I don't have a revised PS4. Mine is a launch day PS4. Fan takes off like crazy in games and in movie playback. I never even know my X1 is running when it is playing movies or games.

magmadragoonx4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 magmadragoonx4
Member since 2015 • 697 Posts

If there is an xbox one slim or 1.5 I would pick it up for sure. I want it for the xbox one console exclusives and 360 backwards compatibility, I do think it's a worth while system to get at this point because of the bc.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts
@thecouchpotater said:

I don't fully understand the appeal of smaller gaming consoles just for the sake of being smaller. The X1's size is in part a function of over engineering to reduce heat related hardware failures. This also has the benefit of making the X1 one of the quietest modern consoles. If those benefits are traded away in favor of a smaller form factor, then color me uninterested.

Sure, that's why PS4 overheating issues are rampant... right? No, it was lazy engineering on Microsoft's side after the RROD debacle. They chose the safe route, however one ugly.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

Still couldn't care less about the size, it sits on a shelf and I don't look at it.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@Kjranu said:
@thecouchpotater said:

Sure, that's why PS4 overheating issues are rampant... right? No, it was lazy engineering on Microsoft's side after the RROD debacle. They chose the safe route, however one ugly.

I they went with a look that fit the product the Xbone was meant to be at the time which was an "all in one cable box".

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@Kjranu said:
@thecouchpotater said:

I they went with a look that fit the product the Xbone was meant to be at the time which was an "all in one cable box".

It doesn't look that bad. For a media device it looks really good. Also give MS credit for making a quite, reliable, and quality console.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@kvally: Yeah the PS4 gets hot, is loud, and wobbles. Just a bad design. But no external power source and smaller is convenient.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@kvally said:
@emgesp said:
@kvally said:
@silversix_ said:

I don't have a revised PS4. Mine is a launch day PS4. Fan takes off like crazy in games and in movie playback. I never even know my X1 is running when it is playing movies or games.

Take the dust off your ps4. So american of xbox to allow it to get dusted and still not say a word lol jk. My ps4 is quiet until i play online heavy etc. And then it just makes sounds not noise. Big difference lol

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kvally

@primorandomguy: yeah it's common for the PS4. I just turn the volume of the game up.

Avatar image for thecouchpotater
TheCouchPotater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheCouchPotater
Member since 2015 • 239 Posts

@Kjranu said:
@thecouchpotater said:

You are reading into my comment. Did I make any mention of the PS4? No. Some of you guys are super insecure, relax.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39  Edited By Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts
@kvally said:

@primorandomguy: yeah it's common for the PS4. I just turn the volume of the game up.

Guess i have a rare PS4, or my shelve is slumped and i have hearing problem.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kvally

@Ant_17 said:
@kvally said:

All of the above.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts
@kvally said:
@Ant_17 said:
@kvally said:

All of the above.

Cool, selling my PS4 to pay for funiture and medical bills.

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 panda30
Member since 2016 • 941 Posts

@kvally: and why Senior Editor at The Verge tweet matter?

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@Ant_17 said:
@kvally said:
@Ant_17 said:
@kvally said:

All of the above.

Cool, selling my PS4 to pay for funiture and medical bills.

Might need a hearing aid.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@kvally said:
@silversix_ said:

My son was playing COD BO3 in the PoS4 yesterday and I swear it sounded like a F-18 Hornet ready to take off from the deck of the Nimitz.

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 panda30
Member since 2016 • 941 Posts

at lest we get cool costum consols unlike the stikers on BO3 ps4

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

Though the PS4 is thinner the actual space from horizontal placement is not as drastic as it seems. Frankly I kind of appreciate size as I attribute that to the thing running cool and silent, versus I hear from ithers thay the PS4 roars like a beast when it overheats.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#48 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

No I already have 2 XOnes, using the Halo 5 one now. I got a 2nd one so I can play my digital games when I visit the family. They are super quiet, I don't mind the size. I've encountered my fair share of lemons as it pertains to electrical devices, so in this situation I'm comfortable adopting the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" mantra.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

I don't see anything that even remotely qualifies as someone saying there is an Xbox One slim.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@SolidTy said:
@kvally said:

Same as i don't see the point in spending out Extra coin on an upgraded version, besides it's Size and the fact it has an External power supply and a massive 120mm Fan/heatsink combination makes me feel more comfortable with the hardware.

I don't see the obsession with smaller consoles or slim consoles it just means more , the bigger the case the better the cooling.