Xbox hasn't had an exclusive over 90 on MC not named "Forza Horizon" since 2011.

• 126 results
PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 529 Posts

I don't really get the obsession with metacritic scores in general, let alone it's laser focus on this forum. I just play what I want and don't really need justification from a 3rd party to solidify my interests. I donno, needing conformation from a stranger for what I'm interested in seems like kid shit to me.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58543 Posts

@davillain said:

As a PC gamer, its a good thing I never care for MC as it doesn't tell you the whole story if a game is gonna be good for you or not.

TBH I am surprised people care at all, given how misleading and frankly dumb it is to compile all reviews together and average them out into a score.

Of course people take it to an even higher level of dumb and use it to brag about things they had absolutely no involvement in making.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

Most of Sony games are good games, no question, but they're extremely short and forgotten about after the first week with absolutely no replayability.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8927 Posts

@hardwenzen: LMAO. Bro, i have played them. I don't like them. I have explained why several times.

Us Xbox owners are eating good right now, hence the multiple copium posts btmy cows.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

To be honest, with GamePass being on nearly anything with a screen and an internet connection, this video game fanboy 'team cheering' nonsense will soon be obsolete. Buy whatever console (team) you prefer and simply subscribe to GamePass.

No more bickering over not being able to enjoy ALL games.

Nintendo franchises will always be locked to their systems, that is until Nintendo gets bought out, so I'm ignoring this 'team' for now.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39906 Posts

@dabear said:

@hardwenzen: LMAO. Bro, i have played them. I don't like them. I have explained why several times.

Us Xbox owners are eating good right now, hence the multiple copium posts btmy cows.

You do know that your nose grows when you lie, right? How can you say that you're eating good right now when your biggest title of this generation is a 7/10 on here and barely in the 80's on meta? That is not eating good. That is eating a week old pizza from your freezer, its not great, not great at all.

Look at Forza for example. The game just came out, and was forgotten within 48h. Did we see that happening with GT7? No, of course not. MS titles have no impact, they're the definition of one and done.

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 NNoyingHusband
Member since 2020 • 1048 Posts

Sony cried in court for over a year because they were deathly afraid of losing a third party game from a developer they couldn’t afford to buyout. I can’t imagine the level of seething going on right now knowing that a bunch of CODs are gonna hit Game Pass and they’ll receive no more exclusives skins, betas, etc. Sony has the keys to make a new Socom, Killzone, Resistance, they’re just too lazy or afraid to do it.

They also only added that lame o Sony Pictures Core after they raised PS+ prices because they knew what was coming, people downgrading their plans or canceling them altogether. Plenty of Xbox games that aren’t 90+ on MC that are fun as hell and honestly, plenty of 90+ PS games that I find to be average.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 7102 Posts
@lundy86_4 said:
@silentchief said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@silentchief said:

This isn't a surprise. Why do you think regulators allowed them to spend 80 billion dollars the past 4 years to buy up companies? It's because they weren't competitive.

What? Please go in-depth.

The FTC case got shot down because the judge believed Playstations quality IP's were ahead of Microsoft by like 8 to 1. The general consensus was Microsoft needed to buy up a 75 billion dollar publisher just to be competitive. That was after they spent 7.5 billion on Bethesda. In no realm of reality has Microsoft been able to jeep up with Playstations exclusives. That could ( and most likely will change.

When I said to "Please go in-depth" I was asking if you could make a reasoned argument.

I did. Everyone knows MS struggled with first party quality/output. The only ones that don't are the fanboys here on System Wars.

Let's count relevant quality IP's that the companies have done something with over the past 10 years or at the very least plan on doing something with in the future.

It's

God of War, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Ratchet and Clank, Infamous, Ghost of Tsushima, Horizon , Killzone, Gran Turismo, Wipeout , Little big Planet, Spider-Man, Astros Bot , Demon Souls, Bloodborne.

Vs

Halo, Gears, Forza, Fable, Age of Empires, Ori

You think they went on an 80 billion dollar purchasing spree because they were doing fine? 🤣

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 dabear

@hardwenzen: Because I don't care what GameSpot's review says. Starfield is AWESOME. I have almost 200 hours in it, and I'm still finding new stuff and having a blast.

It's not perfect, but it's incredible fun, and when I want to do something else, there's FORZA, the best racing simulator. And, I still have that new Warhammer game to try as well as Lies of P.

Us Xbox hame pass owners are eating good.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#60 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16050 Posts

That is poor output. Xbox got lucky Forza Horizon series been a big hit.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#61 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16050 Posts

@dabear said:

@hardwenzen: Because I don't care what GameSpot's review says. Starfield is AWESOME. I have almost 200 hours in it, and I'm still finding new stuff and having a blast.

It's not perfect, but it's incredible fun, and when I want to do something else, there's FORZA, the best racing simulator. And, I still have that new Warhammer game to try as well as Lies of P.

Xbox fans been trained to like mid games lmao 😂😂

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 hardwenzen

@dabear said:

Big difference between not caring and pretending to not care when it makes you, or your system look bad.

Starfield is a 7/10 game, and unless this is your first Bethesda title, there is nothing remotely close to being awesome, especially on the system you're playing it on (30fps? really, bro?). I honestly believe that you're literally forcing yourself to play Starfield just so you can tell others that you have 200h+ in it, which would give everyone an illusion of the game being great, but this is not how this works, and nobody would take you seriously, dabear. I, for one, don't believe you at all when you're telling me that you're enjoying the game. Out of desperation you might've spend a decent few hours in the game, but enjoying it for over 200 hours? Not a chance, you're not fooling me.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#63  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44711 Posts

Yeah they have, when you factor the inherent review handicaps in play to prevent Sony fanboys from going on a mass murdering rampage, Microsoft's games score quite well... just reviewers have a heavy burden not to send Sony fanboys into a murderous rampage, because, well, who'd want that?

stacweed11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By stacweed11
Member since 2020 • 450 Posts

"Xbox" doesn't have exclusives anymore. PC, phone, tablet, internet enabled refrigerator day one release.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13672 Posts

@silentchief: Its SWs we use GS. What's the point of 100 reviews when I trust like 4 of them. :-S

The over hype of PS games has always ruined them for me, they literally aren't any better. They're hyped like Ocarina of Time, but in reality they're Links Awakening. Just good games, and that's actually fine.

That's because MS games aren't exclusives. You're conflating two different conditions. Also MS worked pretty hard to paint their position worse than it was to regulators on purpose. They always do.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44313 Posts

Fake news, fake Reviews and fake awards. They can all Fake off. Plus of course...

BS Jive has no games. lol :P

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#67 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13126 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Xbox game library has been so bad since Halo 5 launched in 2015 that anyone that defends it must trolling.

Halo 5 > Elden Ring

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 dabear

@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:

Big difference between not caring and pretending to not care when it makes you, or your system look bad.

Starfield is a 7/10 game, and unless this is your first Bethesda title, there is nothing remotely close to being awesome, especially on the system you're playing it on (30fps? really, bro?). I honestly believe that you're literally forcing yourself to play Starfield just so you can tell others that you have 200h+ in it, which would give everyone an illusion of the game being great, but this is not how this works, and nobody would take you seriously, dabear. I, for one, don't believe you at all when you're telling me that you're enjoying the game. Out of desperation you might've spend a decent few hours in the game, but enjoying it for over 200 hours? Not a chance, you're not fooling me.

You think that because you're a fanboy.

Starfield is great. It's not perfect, but it's great. And, once you get into it, it has a lot of depth and content.

Is the PS5 a waste because the only 1st party title in a year scored an 8/10 on GameSpot ? Of course not - but that's what your logic is saying (spider-man 2 should have gotten a 9/10, btw). I feel bad for you that you can't/won't (because they're not on PS5) be able to play Starfield or Halo: Infinite. I know you want to, because you cant SFU about them (you're obviously trying to convince yourself).

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#69  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p: whats so crazy about that? absolutely pathetic that you have to be a fan of shitty racing games to experience a single 90+ game on metacritic in over 12 years.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Mozelleple112

Absolutely embarrassing for Microsoft and all their meatriders on this subforum. Not a single proper 90+ metacritic game in 12 years, Christ.

Sony on the other hand has 90+ metacritic exclusives annually and every year since 2013. Nintendo as well.

There was even a point in time were 4 out of the last 5 GOTY winners were Sony exclusive.

Sony doesn't just make GOTY contenders, they make GOTG winners like The Last of Us 1, The Last of US 2 and GOTG contenders like God of War and God of War Ragnarok.

MS cannot even produce GOTY nominees lol.

Last one was Gears 3 in 2011.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 hardwenzen

@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:

You think that because you're a fanboy.

Starfield is great. It's not perfect, but it's great. And, once you get into it, it has a lot of depth and content.

Is the PS5 a waste because the only 1st party title in a year scored an 8/10 on GameSpot ? Of course not - but that's what your logic is saying (spider-man 2 should have gotten a 9/10, btw). I feel bad for you that you can't/won't (because they're not on PS5) be able to play Starfield or Halo: Infinite. I know you want to, because you cant SFU about them (you're obviously trying to convince yourself).

You're calling me a fanboy? You're the fanboy. No sane person would even force themselves to play a 7/10 game for over 200h.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 KvallyX

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Mozelleple112

@dabear: the biggest, blindest and dumbest fanboy, who only has 1 gaming platform on this sub forum called someone else, who has multiple platforms a fanboy.

rich in irony.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 KvallyX

@Mozelleple112 said:

@dabear: the biggest, blindest and dumbest fanboy, who only has 1 gaming platform

I wouldn't call YouTube a gaming platform 🤷‍♂️

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1445 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

Absolutely embarrassing for Microsoft and all their meatriders on this subforum. Not a single proper 90+ metacritic game in 12 years, Christ.

Sony on the other hand has 90+ metacritic exclusives annually and every year since 2013. Nintendo as well.

There was even a point in time were 4 out of the last 5 GOTY winners were Sony exclusive.

Sony doesn't just make GOTY contenders, they make GOTG winners like The Last of Us 1, The Last of US 2 and GOTG contenders like God of War and God of War Ragnarok.

MS cannot even produce GOTY nominees lol.

Last one was Gears 3 in 2011.

you sony shlong slurpers are as thick as pig shit🤣,well done,you went full 🤡 like the TC.

You'll give me 100 dollars for every xbox studios 90+ meta i can find since 2011..yea

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Mozelleple112

@saint-george: Keep meat riding Microsoft lol, its beyond pathetic.

Not a single proper 90+ meta exclusive since 2011.

Sony with multiple GOTY winners and GOTG contenders every year/generation.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#77 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2978 Posts

Oh no, I can't sleep at night.

(But that is simply because I am so busy playing great games on Gamepass).

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 pmanden
@Archangel3371 said:

Starfield in the hearts and minds of people everywhere. So good to see. 👍😁

Starfield is easily the best game of 2023. I couldn't care less if Metacritic agrees with me or not.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By pmanden

@dabear: Starfield IS a fantastic game despite some flaws. Forget convincing Hardwenzen. He is stuck in his 7/10 metrics and will never appreciate the game. His loss.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#80 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12394 Posts

@pmanden:

That's understandable if all you play is GamePass because there ain't no way you can say that with a straight face knowing or playing all the other games that released this year.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Saint-George

@Mozelleple112 said:

@saint-george: Keep meat riding Microsoft lol, its beyond pathetic.

Not a single proper 90+ meta exclusive since 2011.

Sony with multiple GOTY winners and GOTG contenders every year/generation.

I've told you,give me a 100 bucks for every xbox game i find from 2011 that has a 90+ meta and i'll give it to a charity! At least someone may benefit from the utter shit you are chatting.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

So...no one is going to guess the answer?

I'll give you some hints.

1. There are more than 3.

2. There are more than 1 franchise.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Saint-George

@me2002 said:

So...no one is going to guess the answer?

I'll give you some hints.

1. There are more than 3.

2. There are more than 1 franchise.

XBox flight simulator got a 90 metacritic ya 🤡

Now get back to the 🎪so people can point and laugh at you 🤣😂

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#84 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44679 Posts

@pmanden: Yeah, people end up missing out on great games if they just rely on review scores. Been some low scoring games that I very much enjoyed. Funnily enough it’s not even really a low score for the game.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 KvallyX

@Archangel3371 said:

@pmanden: Yeah, people end up missing out on great games if they just rely on review scores. Been some low scoring games that I very much enjoyed. Funnily enough it’s not even really a low score for the game.

For me, I just play great games, no matter how they score. Microsoft is releasing Call of Duty MW3 next month. For me, I don't care how it scores because I know I love COD games so I will buy it. I have played the beta, I have seen the videos. If it scored a 6 or a 7, would make no difference to me.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By me2002

@saint-george: In my defence, is it even a "game"? Ok I f'd up lol.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#87 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70616 Posts

Rabid fanboy thread backfired by another rabid fanboy.😂

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By lamprey263

Even Sea of Thieves is outselling God of War Ragnarok and FFXVI and Horizon Forbidden West in September 🤭😂🤣

Which console base isn't buying games again?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 KvallyX

@Nonstop-Madness said:

@pmanden:

That's understandable if all you play is GamePass because there ain't no way you can say that with a straight face knowing or playing all the other games that released this year.

Well he is right though. Starfield is one of the best games this year. It has an 86, and is already top 7 for games sold this year, beating out every single PS exclusive.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#90 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70616 Posts
@lamprey263 said:

Even Sea of Thieves is outselling God of War Ragnarok and FFXVI and Horizon Forbidden West in September 🤭😂🤣

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 me2002
@kvallyx said:
@Archangel3371 said:

For me, I just play great games, no matter how they score. Microsoft is releasing Call of Duty MW3 next month. For me, I don't care how it scores because I know I love COD games so I will buy it. I have played the beta, I have seen the videos. If it scored a 6 or a 7, would make no difference to me.

I'm just messing around you know right?

I find it that my taste corresponds with critics a lot so I do value the scores, but I also know what kind of games I like and don't like, Forza Horizon can score 92 but I don't care for racing, or sports or even some gernes I've burnet out on that's why I never played GTA5, also I found Skrim, Zelda and Mario meh so I know to avoid.

On the other hand I play some games in the 70's because I know what I like. Never in the 60's tho that's too much risk. I only have so much time.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 KvallyX

@me2002 said:
@kvallyx said:
@Archangel3371 said:

I'm just messing around you know right?

I find it that my taste corresponds with critics a lot so I do value the scores, but I also know what kind of games I like and don't like, Forza Horizon can score 92 but I don't care for racing, or sports or even some gernes I've burnet out on that's why I never played GTA5, also I found Skrim, Zelda and Mario meh so I know to avoid.

On the other hand I play some games in the 70's because I know what I like. Never in the 60's tho that's too much risk. I only have so much time.

Yeah I know. This is SW. Though there are a select few that mean business here (not you).

I play a lot of shitty metacritic scoring games. If someone wants to attribute that to me having poor taste in games, that is fine.

One of my favorite games last year was Saints Row 2022. Sue me.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 me2002

@kvallyx: I sometimes play those trendy indies games on steam just for the lols.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 KvallyX

@me2002 said:

@kvallyx: I sometimes play those trendy indies games on steam just for the lols.

Speaking of indie games, here is a PS exclusive:

I would give that game a 9.5/10 after playing through it. I loved it. Clearly the critics and users didn't. But I did. 🤷‍♂️

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Silentchief
@Pedro said:
@lamprey263 said:

Ragnarok has sold over 2x the amount of sea of thieves and has been out for less then half the time.

Last reported sales numbers

God of War Ragnarok: 11 million

Horizon Forbidden West: 8.4 million

Sea of Thieves: 5 million.

It appears based off factual data Xbox gamers buy significantly less games then Playstation gamers. 🤷‍♂️

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Silentchief
@kvallyx said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:

@pmanden:

Well he is right though. Starfield is one of the best games this year. It has an 86, and is already top 7 for games sold this year, beating out every single PS exclusive.

Do you mean just for the year? You realize Spider-Man 2 is coming and will most likely trounce it?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11711 Posts

@silentchief said:
@Pedro said:
@lamprey263 said:

Ragnarok has sold over 2x the amount of sea of thieves and has been out for less then half the time.

Last reported sales numbers

God of War Ragnarok: 11 million

Horizon Forbidden West: 8.4 million

Sea of Thieves: 5 million.

It appears based off factual data Xbox gamers buy significantly less games then Playstation gamers. 🤷‍♂️

SoT 5 million is on Steam alone, doesn't include the Xbox numbers.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 lamprey263

@fedor: let's just take a minute to reflect on we're quibbling over a 5 year old 6/10 offered on Game Pass with a Sony flagship release 🤭

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#99 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12394 Posts
@kvallyx said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:

@pmanden:

@pmanden said "Starfield is easily the best game of 2023". It ain't the best.

Heck, it's not even one of the best either.

Lets see:

- It's not Bethesda's best game this year

- It's not Xbox Game Studios' best game this year

- It's not the best RPG game this year

- It doesn't crack the top 10 in MC or OC whether it's the PC or Xbox version

Starfield will be lucky to make it onto GOTY lists and, it'll easily be displaced in the top 10 sale-wise by the end of the year.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Silentchief
@HalcyonScarlet said:

@silentchief: Its SWs we use GS. What's the point of 100 reviews when I trust like 4 of them. :-S

The over hype of PS games has always ruined them for me, they literally aren't any better. They're hyped like Ocarina of Time, but in reality they're Links Awakening. Just good games, and that's actually fine.

That's because MS games aren't exclusives. You're conflating two different conditions. Also MS worked pretty hard to paint their position worse than it was to regulators on purpose. They always do.

You trust everyone who's ever worked at Gamespot? Really? The reality is the industry cares about Metacritic not Gamespot.

You can keep saying that but that's not the reality. They have 5 top tier studios. Insomniac, Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica, Sucker Punch and Gurilla Games. ( I could add Blupoint once they do something beyond a remake). So once any of these studios release a game there's tons of hype because they are criticality acclaimed and sell very well. It's not all Playstation exclusives that receive this hype.

Microsoft went out of there way to paint themselves in a terrible position, this is true. The FTC tried to disprove that. Once the facts and evidence were analyzed Microsoft won because the reality is they havent been competitive since the 360 era. Again you don't spend 80 billion dollars in acquisitions because everything was going fine.

I own a XSX I want them to have great games. I think that could soon become a reality. But acting like they never had any issues is delusional. It also ignores the fact that Microsoft knew they had a problem and are trying to fix it.