Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
@cainetao11 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

It's not bad, but the library is limited and you don't own the games.

As Ive gotten older owning games has meant less and less to me.

I used to have physical movies and games collections that were large size. But I realized I don't watch the movies or play the games often enough to for me to justify them taking up space and needing to be dusted in my apartment. In that case its pointless. Not to mention none of us own the games from PSN+ or GWG either but people cite the monthly games as a reason of value for subscribing to them.

Tyler says it best: "the things you own end up owning you"

Said it perfectly, my man.

When I was a teen/early twenties, I was obsessed with accumulating a "game library", that would be gigantic and comprehensive and eternal and replayable. For everything, too: games, movies, books, music, etc.

Now? I realise life is too short, I can't take any of this shit with me when I die (which could be tomorrow) and I don't actually ever replay 99% of games! Just my favourites and maybe RPGs where I can do a different character and/or play style.

It was just a stressful treadmill of constantly trying to accumulate more stuff. I'm so much more relaxed to have sworn off it.

Game pass is brilliant. In 5 years if I really want to replay the Outer Worlds (as a current game pass example), I can always buy it then if I must. I don't need 400 games on multiple shelves representing many thousands of euros, "just in case I want to replay something!" I can just value the experience of playing, when I'm playing, and not worry about the permanence of things. Literally everything is going to end up as dust anyway :P

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

I think it's fine for me just to sub for 1-2 months for a game i wanted to play.

In terms of other games I dunno. I haven't really played them much so I just don't sub constantly.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#53 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@locopatho: You said it bud.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Game pass is stopping me from getting more games on PS4.

I was going to buy Outer Worlds on PS4 to play on the PS4 pro but since it’s on game pass, and playable in minutes I said what the heck.

Well done MS

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@locopatho: Pretty much, I ended up in my early 20's throwing out most my PC crap/gaming stuff. It was just a room full of old parts or stuff I didn't touch anymore.