Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44074 Posts

My goodness, how can Sony answer this?

I know what I think many of the fanbase that plays on the BS Jive will be doing..

Welcome to Xbox former PS fans. lol :P

Thoughts?

The story.

----

A recent report suggests that Microsoft may be preparing to make a number of the older Call of Duty games available on Game Pass soon. Should this report prove to be accurate, it may indicate that Activision Blizzard's vast back catalogue will eventually be available on Xbox's subscription service. Call of Duty may be only the beginning.

Fans of the platform have been anticipating the realization of Activision Blizzard King's benefits since Xbox formally purchased the game in October 2023. The release of ABK titles on Game Pass is perhaps the biggest benefit of this deal that most Xbox players were hoping to get. For a lot of players, this would be significant because Activision games were rarely added to the service before the merger. Furthermore, some consumers may save a ton of money if they could play games like the most recent Call of Duty and Diablo titles on Day One of Game Pass.

Insider Gaming claims that at the next Xbox demonstration in June, "Xbox is gearing up for an announcement on its back catalogue" of Activision Blizzard games. Henderson goes on to explain that there may be more Call of Duty announcements in the summer, in addition to this year's surprise game, which is purportedly named Call of Duty: Black Ops Gulf War. With both an upgrade on this year's Call of Duty game and the addition of previous Call of Duty titles to Game Pass, this implies that Call of Duty may very well be the main attraction of Xbox's June presentation.

Possible Call Of Duty Games For Xbox Game Pass

Microsoft announced earlier this year that more Activision Blizzard titles would be available on Game Pass. I'm curious to see how Microsoft plans to announce these titles' arrival on its subscription service when the time comes. CoD titles might be shadow-dropped at the summer Xbox event if they are revealed to be available on Game Pass. Microsoft has experience with shadow drops. After all, they previously used an Xbox-Bethesda roundtable webcast to release a sizable chunk of Bethesda's back catalogue of games into Game Pass. It wouldn't be shocking at all if Activision experienced something similar.

• Call of Duty 2
  • Call of Duty 3
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2009)
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (2011)
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2022)
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (2023)
    • Call of Duty: Black Ops
    • Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
    • Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
    • Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
    • Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
    • Call of Duty: World at War
    • Call of Duty: Ghosts
    • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
    • Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
    • Call of Duty: WWII
    • Call of Duty: Vanguard

It remains to be seen if in just a few months Xbox players will be able to finally play some of the best Call of Duty titles on Game Pass. In any case, whether or not they are Call of Duty enthusiasts, gamers should expect some thrilling times ahead. There are still a ton of summer gaming showcases coming up soon, even though E3 has long since passed. June 7th, 2024 has already been set aside for Geoff Keighley's 2024 Summer Game Fest, and on June 10th, Ubisoft has stated that it will host its showcase. It's also claimed that Sony will have a PlayStation showcase in May.

It's safe to assume that there will be more possible big announcements shortly than just the Call of Duty titles on Xbox Game Pass.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44568 Posts

I imagine it's waiting out ABK's previous deal with Sony before they can put them on Game Pass. Unfortunately MS likely won't be able to say when that will be due to the NDAs of that deal. So, it's anybody guess.

When they finally do put the content onto Game Pass, there'll likely be short notice.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38853 Posts

Good. This is the kind of shovelware that will have an impact, and wake the current, very worthless sony.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8089 Posts

#value

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#5 KvallyX  Online
Member since 2019 • 12977 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Good. This is the kind of shovelware that will have an impact, and wake the current, very worthless sony.

COD > Elden Ring

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hardwenzen  Online

@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:

COD > Elden Ring

To someone like this, yea

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

Makes me even more grateful that I didn’t go for a tumourstation 5. Xbox is just so much better right now.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hardwenzen  Online

@sealionact said:

Makes me even more grateful that I didn’t go for a tumourstation 5. Xbox is just so much better right now.

Because CoD is coming to gamepass? CALL OF DUTY?

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

This is cool. I have already bought every single COD on PS4-5 and only have the latest MW3 on Steam, but I'll happily play all of the campaigns (at least for the last 5-10 COD games) again on PC:

full 4K. 175 frames a second baby.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SecretPolice  Online

@Mozelleple112:

Wonder if they'll make some awesome XSX improvements to those older ones for us console gamers? ;o

Do it Uncle Phil. lol :P

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56123 Posts

Even if all the CoD games are coming to Game Pass, I still wouldn't sub just for that! But good for those who see its value for the money so congrats, hope you all enjoy CoD.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44196 Posts

Oh hell yeah!

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8089 Posts
@davillain said:

Even if all the CoD games are coming to Game Pass, I still wouldn't sub just for that! But good for those who see its value for the money so congrats, hope you all enjoy CoD.

i think it's mostly about marketing.. i've said it before and i'll keep saying it:

If Microsoft wants to advertise Game Pass to the mass-market, there is no better game than Call of Duty..

sure, i'd imagine that most people who are into Call of Duty have already purchased and/or played the previous games.. but having that entire collection available in Game Pass is still headline news..

it's also an easy way to ensure a smooth transition for PlayStation gamers to come over and try the Xbox ecosystem since they'd have immediate access to all the titles via Game Pass (plus tug on the nostalgia strings of all the Xbox 360 players who still have old save files when they jumped ship to PS4)..

ultimately, it's rather simple word-of-mouth advertising to say "hey, you can get the new Call of Duty in Game Pass plus all the old games are there too".. personally, i think that's one of the key reasons why ABK was purchased, especially as we head into a new hardware generation..

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15925 Posts

Bit useless if its old CoD games. Either Xbox gets latest CoD or this is just the latest pr spin to get people off phil for not doing enough with actibliz IP.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sealionact

@hardwenzen: Even more grateful. That means there’s multiple reasons, and yes of course the biggest selling franchise in history coming to GP is one of them.

Unlike you, I haven’t given up on my console…..but I almost get as much pleasure from seeing you continuing to take the bait.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hardwenzen  Online

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: Even more grateful. That means there’s multiple reasons, and yes of course the biggest selling franchise in history coming to GP is one of them.

Unlike you, I haven’t given up on my console…..but I almost get as much pleasure from seeing you continuing to take the bait.

What a dimwitted opinion. First of all, i didn't gave up on console gaming. I adore my Playstation 5 as you already know. Secondly, CoD is made and supported for non gamers, so why exactly should i care about what's happening with this IP? You might as well care about Genshin Impact, another title not made for people that play video games.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1253 Posts

PlayStations biggest and best selling franchise xbox studio's Call of duty..coming to the best subscription service available...Gamepass.

Lets ask this *one system* corporate clown shoe,Sony sad act what he thinks...

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26101 Posts

I’d resubscribe for Call of Duty, but you didn’t even provide a link for that article, you just pirated it instead.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KvallyX  Online

@Willy105 said:

I’d resubscribe for Call of Duty, but you didn’t even provide a link for that article, you just pirated it instead.

Wow, impressive. Maybe you could have provided the link Mr. Moderator!

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50563 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@Willy105 said:

This is serious business.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sealionact

@hardwenzen: When you adore something, it’s because it gives you pleasure. When you continually tell us how absolutely useless your ps5 is, dislike Sony studio games and buy all your 3rd party games on PC it tells us you’re in denial Wenzen.

Buyer’s remorse is a common thing. Buyer’s remorse denial needs professional help.

Now excuse me, I’m still sniggering at your post telling us you were upgrading your PC for Dragons Doodoo 2. 😂😂😂😂

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46316 Posts

@Willy105 said:

Maybe OP is from China where this kind of trademark infringement/plagiarism is legal?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hardwenzen  Online

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: When you adore something, it’s because it gives you pleasure. When you continually tell us how absolutely useless your ps5 is, dislike Sony studio games and buy all your 3rd party games on PC it tells us you’re in denial Wenzen.

Buyer’s remorse is a common thing. Buyer’s remorse denial needs professional help.

Now excuse me, I’m still sniggering at your post telling us you were upgrading your PC for Dragons Doodoo 2. 😂😂😂😂

The PS5 gives me immense pleasure. You would not believe how much pleasure i am getting from this system. Please understand that i love my console of choice, and i wouldn't mind you joining our Sony family.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sealionact

@hardwenzen: I would. But it’s just so damn ugly. And there’s no games. And Sony keep releasing useless VR goggles. And it has no Gamepass. And the sticks are in the wrong place. And it has useless battery life in the controller. Oh, and it’s ugly.

And Xbox is just way better.

I’m guessing that’s why you don’t buy any games for it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hardwenzen  Online

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: I would. But it’s just so damn ugly. And there’s no games. And Sony keep releasing useless VR goggles. And it has no Gamepass. And the sticks are in the wrong place. And it has useless battery life in the controller. Oh, and it’s ugly.

And Xbox is just way better.

I’m guessing that’s why you don’t buy any games for it.

No games? What do you think is Helldivers 2? Your idol, Phil, was malding because he wasn't getting a piece of that cussy, and you think this isn't a game worth it? What they've done with this game is what 343i has been dreaming of chieving for over 10 years, and they ain't even close. Helldivers 2, without a shadow of adoubt, is a console seller.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5885 Posts

@hardwenzen: the mighty sony relying on 3rd party produced games cos it hasn't got any for itself.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sealionact

@hardwenzen: Oh come on. Helldivers barely got 300k players. Compare that to the mighty Palworld with 2.1 million and you see how desperate for something to play you are.

Even then, the one game that you like still isn’t a Sony studio game and you still didn’t buy it for your ps5!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hardwenzen  Online

@tdkmillsy said:

@hardwenzen: the mighty sony relying on 3rd party produced games cos it hasn't got any for itself.

The reason why the game isn't a top down cheap indie game is Sony. Sony made this a banger, a banger you will never experience on your Box.

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: Oh come on. Helldivers barely got 300k players. Compare that to the mighty Palworld with 2.1 million and you see how desperate for something to play you are.

Even then, the one game that you like still isn’t a Sony studio game and you still didn’t buy it for your ps5!

Imagine comparing a fad that has faded to an actual quality game that evolves the way every live service should.

I can tell this bothers you. Helldivers 2 is decapitating your Parlword, a game that will be on a Sony system by the end of 2024, while you will NEVER experience Helldivers 2, this gen's L4D2.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#29 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69521 Posts

Palworld all time peak 2+million. Helldivers 2 peak < 0.5 million.🤔

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6059 Posts

Don't care for CoD, it's the cheaters (on PC) game.

If you do play it make sure you don't have cross-ply on with Hermits as the majority of them cheat.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56123 Posts
@last_lap said:

If you do play it make sure you don't have cross-ply on with Hermits as the majority of them cheat.

As much as it pains me to say this, Last_Lap is right! PC does have its problems with cheaters, and now that MS owns Activision, I personally hope MS learns from Apex Legend, they have the best anti-cheat program coming from EA. Hell, KB/M should be good enough to not even use a cheat device.

Activision obviously doesn't give a damn anymore, so I expect MS to do better from here on out but this isn't saying much.

Edit: I do play Halo Infinite MP from time to time, I often don't run into cheaters but, you better believe they are there.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6059 Posts

@davillain said:
@last_lap said:

As much as it pains me to say this, Last_Lap is right! PC does have its problems with cheaters, and now that MS owns Activision, I personally hope MS learns from Apex Legend, they have the best anti-cheat program coming from EA. Hell, KB/M should be good enough to not even use a cheat device.

Activision obviously doesn't give a damn anymore, so I expect MS to do better from here on out but this isn't saying much.

Edit: I do play Halo Infinite MP from time to time, I often don't run into cheaters but, you better believe they are there.

Craptivision enables PC cheaters, a LOT of PC streamers of CoD cheat, and not only does Craptivision not ban them they invite them out and give them CoD boxes with all the gear for the newest CoD because they will promote the game to all of the stupid people who follow them on all their social media platforms. It actually disgusting. I have watched a few YT videos on it.

I doubt MS will change anything because it helps sell the games.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@SecretPolice:

I mean they should...

There's no monetary incentive to do so but the PS5 and XSX could easily run all of the pre-MW CODS in 4K/120 fps (Black Ops 4 and older).

While all the CODs released after MW 2019 already support 4K/60 or upscaled dynamic 4K/120

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hardwenzen  Online

If they do, they should do a 7 day early access to those who are on GP. This will make a difference.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34617 Posts

I don't care about GP or CoD.

The only fun CoD I've played since CoD1 and 2 is Titanfall.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SecretPolice  Online

@Chutebox said:
@kvallyx said:
@Willy105 said:

This is serious business.

lolol :P

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3411 Posts

Never played CoD. Any good campaign?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SecretPolice  Online

@kathaariancode:

The last one I played was I think CoD3 that launched with the 360. It was alright but if this happens I look forward to trying many of these out for the SP campaign.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58328 Posts

Good, there's some 5-10 hour campaigns I'd like to play through over the past few years that I don't feel like paying $60 for.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KvallyX  Online

@hardwenzen said:
@tdkmillsy said:

The reason why the game isn't a top down cheap indie game is Sony. Sony made this a banger, a banger you will never experience on your Box.

@sealionact said:

Imagine comparing a fad that has faded to an actual quality game that evolves the way every live service should.

I can tell this bothers you. Helldivers 2 is decapitating your Parlword, a game that will be on a Sony system by the end of 2024, while you will NEVER experience Helldivers 2, this gen's L4D2.

RIP Helldivers 2 :(

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 911 Posts

Do the right thing and put all the DLC packs on there with them ;)

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Macutchi  Online
Member since 2007 • 10448 Posts

no cod 1 or united offensive. shame. i'd play through some of them old campaigns. got 1, uo, 2 and 4 hard copies on pc. got 3 on the 360 but it was disappointing. one of the main reasons i bought a 360 cos i couldnt get it on pc lol. back in more innocent times when cod wasn't a cash cow

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 tdkmillsy

@hardwenzen: the only thing Sony did was give some money to a 3rd party developer. Which any of them can do and Microsoft can do it a whole lot more.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hardwenzen  Online

@tdkmillsy said:

@hardwenzen: the only thing Sony did was give some money to a 3rd party developer. Which any of them can do and Microsoft can do it a whole lot more.

Don't get mad now. Without Sony, the game wouldn't be better than every single shooter released on an Xbox in over a decade.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By tdkmillsy

@hardwenzen: why would I be mad. Sony's got no fist party games and has to resort to buying 3rd party games. When it comes to who can spend the most money sony will lose every single time.

The fact you cannot grasp and acknowledge this disaster of a situation just further demonstrates your stupidity

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hardwenzen  Online

@tdkmillsy said:

@hardwenzen: why would I be mad. Sony's got no fist party games and has to resort to buying 3rd party games. When it comes to who can spend the most money sony will lose every single time.

MS has been relying on nothing but multiplats since around 2015, and you're bitchin' about third parties?

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tdkmillsy

@hardwenzen: funny that sony is now relying on Microsofts 1st party games.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@tdkmillsy said:

@hardwenzen: funny that sony is now relying on Microsofts 1st party games.

Whatchu mean? Nobody asked their shovelware. MS was struggling with those games (and most of their other titles), they were desperate, and gave it to other platforms.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tdkmillsy

@hardwenzen: playststion pre orders says you do.

Old Xbox games in demand by cows

Meanwhile the best looking game is about to be released on xbox.

Funny as ****

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hardwenzen  Online

@tdkmillsy said:

@hardwenzen: playststion pre orders says you do.

Old Xbox games in demand by cows

Meanwhile the best looking game is about to be released on xbox.

Funny as ****

Your best looking game is more linear than an on rail shooter from 1995.