Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/say-goodbye-to-these-xbox-games-pass-games-on-may-/1100-6458907/

Xbox One

Blood Bowl 2

Defense Grid 2

Xbox 360

Age of Booty

Sega Vintage Collection Alex Kidd & Co.

Bionic Commando Rearmed 2

BioShock

BioShock 2

BioShock Infinite

Borderlands

Bound by Flame

de Blob 2

Dead Rising 2: Case Zero

Dig Dug

Final Fight: Double Impact

Sega Vintage Collection: Golden Axe

NeoGeo Battle Coliseum

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Pac-Man CE DX+

Sacred 3

SoulCalibur

XCOM: Enemy Within

Also to point out, this isn't new but it is the biggest chunk of games at the same time.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

Putting games on gamepass is a waste of money to developers, why would they let their games on it?

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

I expected this at some point, but not this early in the game pass lifetime. Kinda crazy! Any word as to why?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Hmmm I don't remember you creating a thread when they added a bunch of games recently... Funny that.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

Microsoft said this from the beginning and its in the terms when you sign up.

It is a service, games come and go.

They explain this up front and you get reminders when new games come and when they leave.

3rd Party publishers only sign to have their games on a certain amount of time as a promotion and to gain support.

Win-win

You guys arent even trying anymore

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hrt_rulz01

@navyguy21: Yeah, it's getting beyond pathetic really.

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2139 Posts

More fail from Microtrash. Lems running in to save it, but fall in the chasm because they have no brain.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

So much value(tm), so little time.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

Sony Fan just can't help themselves.

Insecure Cows

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Aww poor TC doesn't understand the business model

LOL

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Sea of Tears' flop and people cancelling their subscriptions must be scaring publishers away.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ant_17

@RR360DD said:

Aww poor TC doesn't understand the business model

LOL

Yeah, i don't understand.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

Lems acting like this is a good thing? What happens if you're in the middle of a game? They should do what PSNow does and just keep adding games... I think there are over 600 now.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

So you pay a subscription to rent games that randomly get removed... Odd.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Similar to Netflix... I wonder if games are only tied to the service for a period of time.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11086 Posts

Hmm, looking like this isn't even a remotely sustainable business model already. Good job, Microsoft. And this is a Phil Spencer brainchild, isn't it? I swear he's been allowed to screw up more than any other head of Xbox.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Hmm, looking like this isn't even a remotely sustainable business model already. Good job, Microsoft. And this is a Phil Spencer brainchild, isn't it? I swear he's been allowed to screw up more than any other head of Xbox.

How is it not? A lot of these rental services do the same exact thing. I guess Netflix isn't a success either. I personally think it is a great service with good value. They tell you up front games will come and go when you signup so I don't even know why you fanboys are acting like Microsoft is doing something wrong here.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BenjaminBanklin

@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

How is it not? A lot of these rental services do the same exact thing. I guess Netflix isn't a success either. I personally think it is a great service with good value. They tell you up front games will come and go when you signup so I don't even know why you fanboys are acting like Microsoft is doing something wrong here.

Xbox is not Netflix. This isn't a streaming service that you can access on many MANY devices to justify this plan. Where they can reap a bunch of money in subs to repay the cost. These games have to be downloaded to the consoles that Microsoft can't sell a lot of compared to their competition. With a few Xbox One games that can be played on PC. This is already going to sink before it can get off the ground.

This sounds like it's not working out if pubs are pulling games already. It's a pyramid scheme that's gonna cave on itself at this rate.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Well this was stated from the outset. It’s a Netflix type model where games will come and go with the service. I don’t really see what the problem is.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ant_17

@Archangel3371 said:

Well this was stated from the outset. It’s a Netflix type model where games will come and go with the service. I don’t really see what the problem is.

And that's a good thing? What if you want to play Bioshock next month?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lundy86_4

@Ant_17 said:

You can't. It's like wanting to watch things on Netflix, but they were removed.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ant_17

@lundy86_4 said:
@Ant_17 said:

And that is good?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lundy86_4

@Ant_17 said:

And that is good?

For consumers, I guess it depends. I don't know how pubs/MS determines what comes off and when. Is it time-sensitive? Is it determined by player-count? Play-time in a period? We aren't the multi-billion dollar company making the business decision.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ant_17

@lundy86_4 said:
@Ant_17 said:

And that is good?

For consumers, I guess it depends. I don't know how pubs/MS determines what comes off and when. Is it time-sensitive? Is it determined by player-count? Play-time in a period? We aren't the multi-billion dollar company making the business decision.

Don't think it's player time, cause i'm sure Borderlands has more time than any game on Gamepass that is staying and leaving. It's prety much the best Destiny from last gen.

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#25 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: I doubt its about pubs pulling out games as much as Microsoft paying a specific price to have 3rd party games on the pass for a specified period of time. Some publishers may be more aggressive with their licensing (asking for renewals on a quarterly basis) and others may just agree to a year right out the gate (probably some of the indies on there). At that point, it would become a juggling act for MS in that they have to balance demand for the games that expired, budget, variety of games, etc.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@Ant_17 said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@Ant_17 said:

And that is good?

Omg give it a rest dude, seriously. Do you honestly expect them to just add games forever and never rotate any? Then it probably wouldn't be viable, business-wise.

For what you're paying per month, Game Pass is a bargain. The 1st party games alone that are going to be added cover the monthly cost, imo. The rest are a bonus.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Archangel3371

@Ant_17: Well it can be a good thing because that means you get different games cycled in and out of the service. If someone doesn’t like the Netflix type model then perhaps they shouldn’t subscribe to the service and buy the games that they want so they can play them anytime or perhaps they could do both. It’s another option for people to get games how they want to get their games. Having more options seems like a positive thing to me.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ant_17

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Omg give it a rest dude, seriously. Do you honestly expect them to just add games forever and never rotate any? Then it probably wouldn't be viable, business-wise.

For what you're paying per month, Game Pass is a bargain. The 1st party games alone that are going to be added cover the monthly cost, imo. The rest are a bonus.

Never said anything bad about it, just asking.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hrt_rulz01

@Ant_17 said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Never said anything bad about it, just asking.

Come on man, we all know what you're intentions are...

Anyway, like @Archangel3371 said, it gives people more options. I know it's going to save me a bucket-load of money not having to fork out full retail price for 1st party games like Halo & Forza.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ant_17

@hrt_rulz01: So you need to fire the 1st shot? Can't you wait till i atleast spell Bone?

But will it give more options in the long run? Now 21 games will be removed, and from what i saw, 8 will be added this month. Bit of a loss.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

It’s funny they call it gamepass when it has no games and loses games all the time.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Archangel3371

@hrt_rulz01: Yeah I really don’t see how anyone could have expected Microsoft just to keep adding games to Game Pass and never removing any.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Archangel3371

@stuff238: how can it lose games if it has no games. You could at least TRY to make sense.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Anyone know if Sony take games off PSnow?

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#35 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2564 Posts

Maybe the deal with Take two ended.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lundy86_4

@xhawk27 said:

Anyone know if Sony take games off PSnow?

I belive some have over the years, but I think PSNow operates a little differently. It seems to be less of a Netflix model than Game Pass.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

There's still plenty of games on there. It's not a bad thing for someone who wants to spend a couple of quid to get loads of games literally for free. It's an absolutely awful idea for devs releasing brand new titles that will give them almost zero revenue because MS are giving them away for free.

It's an unsustainable business model that could only come from the genius mind of Phil 'why would people want to play games at 60fps?' Spencer, the man who believes BC is more important than new IP's or even new games from existing IP's.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

PS Now has removed games as well.

Not sure what the big deal is. Yeah it would be better if you get them forever, but you'd be a fool if you thought that's what you're getting.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ant_17

@toast_burner said:

PS Now has removed games as well.

Not sure what the big deal is. Yeah it would be better if you get them forever, but you'd be a fool if you thought that's what you're getting.

It's not the deal that they removed them, but that this is the bigest chunk ever removed.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Xabiss

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Xbox is not Netflix. This isn't a streaming service that you can access on many MANY devices to justify this plan. Where they can reap a bunch of money in subs to repay the cost. These games have to be downloaded to the consoles that Microsoft can't sell a lot of compared to their competition. With a few Xbox One games that can be played on PC. This is already going to sink before it can get off the ground.

This sounds like it's not working out if pubs are pulling games already. It's a pyramid scheme that's gonna cave on itself at this rate.

Cough Cough... Sony does it to with their service. https://segmentnext.com/2016/08/11/playstation-now-removed-neogeo-games/

So is the PS Now service sinking also.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Xabiss

@joshrmeyer said:

Lems acting like this is a good thing? What happens if you're in the middle of a game? They should do what PSNow does and just keep adding games... I think there are over 600 now.

Ummm Sony has removed games from PS Now ROFLMAO. You people need to learn to research shit before spouting off your nonsense. All rental services like this add and remove games. It is just the way it is.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

It's interesting seeing all the people bitching about the model when from a consumer perspective if you haven't played a lot of the games on there, it's a bloody good deal.

There are a few games on there that I'd be interested in playing but for there are still plenty of games on the service that I'd rather play.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BenjaminBanklin

@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Cough Cough... Sony does it to with their service. https://segmentnext.com/2016/08/11/playstation-now-removed-neogeo-games/

I don't know. I know PSNow has 500 games to Game Pass's 100-something. So that many games gone at once for GP is pretty damn noticeable. May be telling.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#44 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

I've never looked into it, so I was unaware games would come and leave on a regular basis. I may do the 30 day trial once I finally get my x1 up and going again.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#45 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Hmmm I don't remember you creating a thread when they added a bunch of games recently... Funny that.

Yep, that's that babybackballbagbullshit. Since gamepass' inception it has been known games will move in and move out of the service.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 cainetao11

@recloud said:

Putting games on gamepass is a waste of money to developers, why would they let their games on it?

Why do they let their games on PSNow?

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Holy crap this is a great example of fanboys using grains of sand as ammo lol.

Real talk that sucks if you're in the middle of a game that's getting taken down, but at the same time I don't think it lessens the value of gamepass. Just like Netflix, there will plenty of stuff you're never interested in, but still a few dozen games ranging from decent to excellent worth checking out.

All that said I chose not to do gamepass :P I have too big a backlog and too many games I'd rather replay than have that added subscription cost every month. If I only owned Xbox One I would get it though.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 cainetao11

@joshrmeyer said:

How is it a bad thing? It isn't news. From day one this was known, games come in, games go out. You guys are acting like A) any of you subscribe to game pass LOL; B) this came out of nowhere.

What do you do if in the middle of a game? Use the discount for purchasing anything in game pass so you can finish the game or don't sign up for things and not know how it works.

600 games on PSNow and due to the input lag zero playable. LOL

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Ant_17

@cainetao11 said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Yep, that's that babybackballbagbullshit. Since gamepass' inception it has been known games will move in and move out of the service.

You lems should be making your old games threads.

I'm just making this since it's, as the article says, the biggest chunk removed ever.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Xabiss

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

I don't know. I know PSNow has 500 games to Game Pass's 100-something. So that many games gone at once for GP is pretty damn noticeable. May be telling.

I honestly believe they are trying to keep the service around 100 games. They will be moving games out to bring in new stuff. They added some more game in May and one of the games they added, Pro Evolution Soccer 2018, are up front and tell you it will only get in Game Pass now until August 31.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/04/25/xbox-game-pass-may-2018/

I don't know why I am even explaining anything about the service. It is not like you give two shits about this service. You just want to bitch about it because it is a Microsoft product and you probably pray every night to your Sony poster that the service fails so you can have some excitement in your life.