Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 0

#51 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

@saltslasher said:

I've heard of Xbox One's acting up and being slow, but never heard of one dying. And only reason I've heard of PS4s dying is cause of cockroaches.

To be fair the cockroach thing is a living situation problem, and any game console or TV stand electronic attracts cockroaches. (Its warm in there and they like to nest in warm places, same goes for the motor in refrigerators)

My friend brought his xbox one over once and I found out he wasn't the cleanest person as a roach crawled out of it

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

@Star67 said:
@saltslasher said:

I've heard of Xbox One's acting up and being slow, but never heard of one dying. And only reason I've heard of PS4s dying is cause of cockroaches.

To be fair the cockroach thing is a living situation problem, and any game console or TV stand electronic attracts cockroaches. (Its warm in there and they like to nest in warm places, same goes for the motor in refrigerators)

My friend brought his xbox one over once and I found out he wasn't the cleanest person as a roach crawled out of it

lol I don't know how people are able to do that... Do they eat food or put it close to their consoles? Because the worst that happened to my consoles and TV was to get dust, nothing beyond that.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#53 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

Look at the professional shills go at it.??

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

@Pedro:

Its funnier when you see them go at it irl like they are the most important people on the planet.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Well they do have the worse hardware failure of all time with RROD.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

The last games consoles I had die were the ps1 and ps2, shit disc drives.

PS3 and 4 are good though. Last PC I had die (not including power supplies) was 15 years ago.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#57 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Thankfully, never had an Xbox One go out on me, but I had numerous issues with it not booting up properly, Kinect being unresponsive and issues with it not recognizing Blu-Ray discs, both games and movies. The 360, however, was a whole other story. I went through four of them (three RODs and a video card issue) before I finally got one working. NEVER had so many issues with a console as I did with 360...

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#58 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

@calvincfb: It's more of their place of living has a roach problem, they do nothing to combat it, and they eat in their game room/living room and the roaches sense the heat in the consoles to make a nest in I guess

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By ThatDBFan
Member since 2019 • 939 Posts

@pdogg93 said:

@thatdbfan: you don’t even understand your own fuking point because your argument is broken.

Every tech company has hardware failure rates. The POINT is, what is an acceptable failure rate (I.e. vs industry standard).

The Xbox 360’s failure rate was calculated to be over 50%. Do you understand how that’s not comparable to say a 10% failure rate for PS3s? Do you get that, yes or no?

There is literally no actual official statement saying the Xbox 360 had a 50% hardware failure. I know the article you're referring to, and it isn't very reliable considering there were literally multiple articles coming out around the same time that said different numbers... MUCH different.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-360-failure-rate-237-ps3-10-wii-27-study/1100-6216691/ (2009)

Again, we don't know exactly how high it was, other than that it was high. How do I not understand my own point? I've simply been saying Playstation has a mucky history of hardware failure too. Hell, like I said, the PS2 was the previous console with the highest failure rate. You were acting like every Xbox had hardware problems, and that Playstation didn't. Then you kept dodging the facts I presented you, and trying to damage control by saying the 360 had a higher one.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@Yams1980 said:

Modern day consoles are trash low end pcs. I run my PC almost 24/7 and have used the same 1000watt power supply on my PC since 2011 and it's still going strong.

This xbox problem you have would have been an easier fix if they had just kept using the external power bricks like with the 360, assuming its a power supply problem. Now its all internal and having to open up your console voids the warranty and replacing it is probably difficult and risks damaging other components in the process.

I remember my 2005 xbox i had, the thing got the RROD after only a year of owning it and i roughly only had around 200-300 hrs of gameplay put on it. Consoles are just poorly made, they get hot and the components take a beating in them.

Actually the new Xbox is very modular and it is very easy to fix. Hell it is even easy to open to be honest. I could put in a new power supply in 15 minutes tops in a Xbox One X or S.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@thatdbfan: “ You were acting like every Xbox had hardware problems, and that Playstation didn't. Then you kept dodging the facts I presented you, and trying to damage control by saying the 360 had a higher one.“

You’ve presented exactly ZERO facts. Only butthurt xboner responses because you have no idea what you’re taking about. You can’t be reasoned with or talked to because you don’t comprehend the basics of what you’re even trying to say.

The facts are ms spent over $1 billion on the 360 fixes. Show me FACTUAL INFORMATION that state Sony came anywhere near the magnitude of ms dealt with a similar hardware problem.

Again I don’t expect any responses from you with actual substance. You have proven yourself to be a butthurt lemming with nothing but tears.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Calvincfb

@thatdbfan said:
@pdogg93 said:

@thatdbfan: you don’t even understand your own fuking point because your argument is broken.

Every tech company has hardware failure rates. The POINT is, what is an acceptable failure rate (I.e. vs industry standard).

The Xbox 360’s failure rate was calculated to be over 50%. Do you understand how that’s not comparable to say a 10% failure rate for PS3s? Do you get that, yes or no?

There is literally no actual official statement saying the Xbox 360 had a 50% hardware failure. I know the article you're referring to, and it isn't very reliable considering there were literally multiple articles coming out around the same time that said different numbers... MUCH different.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-360-failure-rate-237-ps3-10-wii-27-study/1100-6216691/ (2009)

Again, we don't know exactly how high it was, other than that it was high. How do I not understand my own point? I've simply been saying Playstation has a mucky history of hardware failure too. Hell, like I said, the PS2 was the previous console with the highest failure rate. You were acting like every Xbox had hardware problems, and that Playstation didn't. Then you kept dodging the facts I presented you, and trying to damage control by saying the 360 had a higher one.

https://gizmodo.com/microsoft-responds-to-54-2-xbox-360-failure-rate-claim-5344302 MS didn't dispute it. It's most likely true and even if it isn't it's probably close to that, either way, the numbers were high and there's no way around it, it was unacceptable. Thank god they came around and fixed it.

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ThatDBFan

@calvincfb said:
@thatdbfan said:
@pdogg93 said:

https://gizmodo.com/microsoft-responds-to-54-2-xbox-360-failure-rate-claim-5344302 MS didn't dispute it. It's most likely true and even if it isn't it's probably close to that, either way, the numbers were high and there's no way around it, it was unacceptable. Thank god they came around and fixed it.

Microsoft didn't dispute any of the numbers from the multiple survey's with varying numbers. Not saying they weren't high, cuz they obviously were. you'd have to be an extreme fanboy to deny that. But they weren't that high.

But I do give major props to MS for fixing the problem, unlike Sony, who basically told everyone with a faulty PS2 to suck it up and buy a new one.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Calvincfb

@thatdbfan said:
@calvincfb said:
@thatdbfan said:
@pdogg93 said:

And? Microsoft didn't dispute any of the numbers.

Which makes it very suspicious and not good for their image. But they acknowledged the problem, which makes it obvious the failure rate was extremely high and unacceptable, to the point they didn't risk going for a "sexy" design with the OG XOne, like they did with og x360. PS2 failure rate might've been high, but 360's was rampant. It was worse in every single way.

This is obviously so true that it's talked about to this day and it's probably one of the reasons, among others like the disastrous reveal, that made Xbox One fall short of sales expectations.

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ThatDBFan

@pdogg93 said:

@thatdbfan: “ You were acting like every Xbox had hardware problems, and that Playstation didn't. Then you kept dodging the facts I presented you, and trying to damage control by saying the 360 had a higher one.“

You’ve presented exactly ZERO facts. Only butthurt xboner responses because you have no idea what you’re taking about. You can’t be reasoned with or talked to because you don’t comprehend the basics of what you’re even trying to say.

The facts are ms spent over $1 billion on the 360 fixes. Show me FACTUAL INFORMATION that state Sony came anywhere near the magnitude of ms dealt with a similar hardware problem.

Again I don’t expect any responses from you with actual substance. You have proven yourself to be a butthurt lemming with nothing but tears.

DUDE! I told you multiple times, I am aware of the how big the 360's hardware failure rate was, I am NOT here to argue it wasn't the biggest hardware failure rate of any console. I'm just trying to point out the flaws in your blatant fanboyism. "Show me FACTUAL INFORMATION that state Sony came anywhere near the magnitude of ms dealt with a similar hardware problem." Dude, where the hell did I say Sony came close to the Xbox 360's failure rate? In fact, I said the near opposite- "to be fair, the PS3's wasn't as big as the 360, but it was still a noticeable failure rate".

I was never trying to say that Sony's hardware failure rate was as high as the 360's. You're argument is incredibly flawed. I'm just saying that Sony's consoles have a history of high hardware failure rates. Why. Can't. You. Comprehend that? With the PS2 being the previous owner of the "console with highest failure rate" title.

"Again I don’t expect any responses from you with actual substance" I have given you nothing but facts dude xD.

If I were you, I'd take the L and leave. You really are making yourself look like an idiot, and best not to continue to make yourself look like one.

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ThatDBFan

@calvincfb said:
@thatdbfan said:
@calvincfb said:
@thatdbfan said:

And? Microsoft didn't dispute any of the numbers.

Which makes it very suspicious and not good for their image. But they acknowledged the problem, which makes it obvious the failure rate was extremely high and unacceptable, to the point they didn't risk going for a "sexy" design with the OG XOne, like they did with og x360. PS2 failure rate might've been high, but 360's was rampant. It was worse in every single way.

This is obviously so true that it's talked about to this day and it's probably one of the reasons, among others like the disastrous reveal, that made Xbox One fall short of sales expectations.

I edited my original response with more of a response (lol). Was it unacceptable? Yes. But were they THAT? High? Highly doubtful, but no one knows for sure. But like I said, the fact they they owned up to it and fixed the problem, unlike Sony, is worthy of praise.

And not really relevant, but the fact that the 360 still ranks very high among the best consoles ever made, even far above the PS3, still managing to sell 85 million units, and become one of the most impactful consoles despite the RRoD issue speaks volumes about the system

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#68 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

I have never had an issue with a console, even the 360.which is why I blame the owner for being a slobery pig that can't take care of a plastic box.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

@Ant_17:

Apologies for not reading the thread but the 360 definitely had issues.

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ThatDBFan

@Ant_17 said:

I have never had an issue with a console, even the 360.which is why I blame the owner for being a slobery pig that can't take care of a plastic box.

That is also very true in most cases. My Xbox 360 only had minor problems 7 years after purchase. The biggest problem I ever had with it was only the disc drive getting stuck from time-to-time. The only other problem it had was with the face plate not sitting how it should, and that was caused by my stupid ass taking it off and breaking a latch in the process.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

hardware failures happen, but did you try any actual troubleshooting besides just changing plugs

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1642 Posts

@regulator331: Your old NES has hardware with only 3,500 transistors. The Xbox one has 1200 Million. It's a little bit of an unfair comparison!

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

@regulator331 said:

@davillain-: wasn't a question, it was a mild rant.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

I'm primarily a Playstation gamer, and have yet have had hardware issues. I also have an OG Xbox and Wii that are still running well.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

In my experience the xbox consoles are very reliable and powerful...

It's my PS3 that died not my 360 or even the original xbox which is pretty impressive 19 years in or whatever it's been.