Xbox Controller trounces PS4 Controller.

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

I have used both, the ds4 is much better than the ds3, but the cheese thumbsticks hurt it. its a 8/10, the thumbsticks take away 1 point, and the thumbstick placement takes a point away. Xbox is a 10/10. I used it 5 times, and I just purchased one that is sitting on my fireplace. I charged it last night from the 360, its sleek, it feels unreal in your hands, the rumble effect in triggers is absolutely a home run. NBA2K14 when you dribble the ball in the right or left hand the triggers respond with a rumble. Its extremely well done. Also The thumbsticks have a grip texture around it and its very tactile to the touch, and guard against whats happening to the DS4 thumbsticks where it gets all scratched up to shit and looks like you put it in a blender, I played Forza and again this feature shined Day 1 edition, thank god I didn't cancel. Cast your vote

1 for xbox one

4 for ds4

and describe why I am wrong and or why you agree with me.

telefanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 telefanatic
Member since 2007 • 3008 Posts

Your wrong cause your the Xbox Unity...

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 XBOunity

@telefanatic: that's a great answer, thank you

Pitbulllova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Pitbulllova
Member since 2008 • 807 Posts

I totally agree with ts. xb1 controller>ps4=360>>>ps3

MajesticShea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 MajesticShea
Member since 2013 • 730 Posts

No the DS4 shits on the Xbox controller.

DS4 is a 9/10

DS3 7/10

Xbox 360 Controller 4/10

Xbox one controller 3.5/10

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XBOunity

@majesticshea:

ok 3.5 that's great score. never try and talk to me again.

MajesticShea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MajesticShea
Member since 2013 • 730 Posts

@XBOunity said:

@majesticshea:

ok 3.5 that's great score. never try and talk to me again.

Troll.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Of course it does. It seems now that the PS4 is in the wild and Sony don't have the control to spin their web of lies, people are realising just how garbage the system is.

Sub-standard controller once again.

Broken PSN.

Flop after flop after flop.

Rehashed IP announcements (Uncharted).

The effects of Sony having no money are in full force.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

even if the Xbone's controller were better, which is not, the console itself will not sell 1 million in 24 hours. The Sony Domination Continuation can't be stopped.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 XBOunity

@Gue1: gue congrats, that doesn't mean that I will having a better experience on nov 22nd. I think its pretty clear Sony rushed their launch, and did jump ahead, but xbox one is going to prove to be the more durable better buy console. Nov 22nd you will see what I mean. Listen to the talk around after that. Microsoft was prepared, every single day they were in the news, they were put the pressure on from cows like yourself jumping on them. I believe it made them stronger and more aware. Right now Xbox One offering are better than ps4's. Enjoy Knack

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

@Gue1 said:

even if the Xbone's controller were better, which is not, the console itself will not sell 1 million in 24 hours. The Sony Domination Continuation can't be stopped.

It is better though. PS4 is better at everything else but you cannot deny that the bone controller is better.

TrevorPhilips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TrevorPhilips
Member since 2013 • 996 Posts

lol no. XB1 controller still uses AA batteries and isnt much different from its predeccesor. Meanwhile the DS4 improved 10 fold over the DS3.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 XBOunity

@dilfersdimes:

ok even if you bring that up. that's 9/10. xbox controller is better.

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

@dilfersdimes said:

lol no. XB1 controller still uses AA batteries and isnt much different from its predeccesor. Meanwhile the DS4 improved 10 fold over the DS3.

But where does that put you being 10 fold improved over terrible

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

I'll probably always think the Xbox controllers are better as long as the sony leaves the thumb sticks parallel.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

@dilfersdimes said:

To be fair, that's because the DS3 had a LOT more room for improvement...

The Xbox 360 controller was already considered arguably the best primary game controller in history.

The DS4 is a monstrous improvement over the DS3, but it's largely due to the fact that Sony explicitly patterned many changes after the Xbox controller. Sony has directly stated this. They even considered the off-set analog stick layout of the Xbox controller but decided against it ultimately because the stick placement on the DS is now traditional/iconic of the PS brand.

Both new consoles have great controllers.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

According to professional gaming critics and gamers at large the DS4 is vastly superior to the Xbone pad which is pretty much more of the same.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18  Edited By Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

I haven't tried the Xbox One controller but I prefer the DS4 over the 360 controller.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 XBOunity

@Eddie-Vedder said:

According to professional gaming critics and gamers at large the DS4 is vastly superior to the Xbone pad which is pretty much more of the same.

lol k

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

Ok you enjoy mad catz design hahaha. Horrible face button compare to DS, bumper button that belong on 10$ controller, trigger that were great in 360 controller but now crap so MS can force rumble, AA battery, pay extra for plug play. How long before MS adding touch pad to controller as well hahahah

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 XBOunity

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

Ok you enjoy mad catz design hahaha. Horrible face button compare to DS, bumper button that belong on 10$ controller, trigger that were great in 360 controller but now crap so MS can force rumble, AA battery, pay extra for plug play. How long before MS adding touch pad to controller as well hahahah

I would wrap those thumbsticks with saren wrap I guess so it doesn't look like a scatched up mess. good luck

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

I don't think either *layout* is particularly better than the other and both controllers clearly are massive improvements over the last one's.

But, the 360 controller was junk and the DS3 was tried and true aside from the nasty triggers. The Xbone pad does look fantastic though, aside from the bumpers which I hate, at least they're bigger though. I like how the triggers are wider and thicker, as they should be.

Interestingly, I hear that the sticks on the Xbone pad have been loosened while the DS4 sticks are more tight, I guess they tried to make them more like the other in that regard.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

I haven't tried the Xbox One controller yet, but I have the PS4, PS3, and Xbox 360 controllers.

The PS4 controller is definitely a huge improvement over the PS3 controller, which in my opinion was the worst controller that I have ever used. The controller is finally big enough for a person with adult sized hands to hold comfortably. The analog sticks, d-pad, and triggers also feel much better and it does not feel like a cheap toy like previous PlayStation controllers did.

Compared to the Xbox 360 controller, however, it still falls short because of the position of the left analog stick which is not an ideal position for it when playing games where you use the analog stick to move, which is the majority of modern games. I was very disappointed to see that it is also still possible for my thumbs to run into each other as well, which was one of the most frustrating things about all PlayStation controllers.

The PS4 controller is definitely replacing my PS3 controller on my PS3 and I think that it will be the best controller for 2D games that use the D-pad to move, but for 3D games, the Xbox 360 controller is still king and since not much seems to have changed on the Xbox One controller, so I expect it to be just as good as the 360 controller.

pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

it all about preference i prefer the xbox analog locations than the ps analogs but u can get use to it. when i got a wiiu using the placement of analogs was very annoying since they are aligned but i got used to them, same with ps u can get used to them and i did with the ds3. tho i still prefer the xbox analogs.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

X1 Controller > 360 controller > PS4 controller > PS3 Controller

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

@XBOunity said:

I have used both, the ds4 is much better than the ds3, but the cheese thumbsticks hurt it. its a 8/10, the thumbsticks take away 1 point, and the thumbstick placement takes a point away. Xbox is a 10/10. I used it 5 times, and I just purchased one that is sitting on my fireplace. I charged it last night from the 360, its sleek, it feels unreal in your hands, the rumble effect in triggers is absolutely a home run. NBA2K14 when you dribble the ball in the right or left hand the triggers respond with a rumble. Its extremely well done. Also The thumbsticks have a grip texture around it and its very tactile to the touch, and guard against whats happening to the DS4 thumbsticks where it gets all scratched up to shit and looks like you put it in a blender, I played Forza and again this feature shined Day 1 edition, thank god I didn't cancel. Cast your vote

1 for xbox one

4 for ds4

and describe why I am wrong and or why you agree with me.

You're wrong. Because you're a shitty fanboy on system wars who's probably making shit up.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

DS 4 looks to be the best controller.

Avatar image for enviouseyezonme
EnviousEyezOnMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 EnviousEyezOnMe
Member since 2013 • 272 Posts

I played PS4 at a friend of mines bar/lounge last night and while the DS4 is waaaay better than the DS3, I just couldn't play COD properly. I'm so used to FPS on an Xbox controller. I felt more comfortable playing NFS since you only really need to use the left stick. I'm sure with more time, I could adjust though. I just picked up an extra X1 controller from GS and this is the first time I've gotten my hands on it. I've stayed away from kiosks because I want to be surprised by everything on launch day. Anyways, the X1 controller is lighter and a tad smaller, feels better in hand to me than the X360 and I loved that controller. Oh and the d-pad feels much better but the only way to test if it really is better will be when I play Killer Instinct. Can't wait!!

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

Trying to use the 360s controller for anything other than shooters is like pulling teeth and the X1's controller doesn't seem much different all the way down to the use of AA batteries.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

@XBOunity said:

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

I would wrap those thumbsticks with saren wrap I guess so it doesn't look like a scatched up mess. good luck

Forgetting to mention still vastly inferior xbone dpad. Please do not cry.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By XBOunity

@Mr-Kutaragi: k d pad on xbox has been fixed so keep up on the news smalltimer.

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CloudStrife213
Member since 2006 • 430 Posts

@Eddie-Vedder:

Source? I prefer the Xbox Controller to the Playstation controller. I hated the DS3, so I'm not sure if I'll like the DS4. DS3 just felt too small for me. I also dislike the placement of the analog sticks of the DS4.

What I've been hearing from the gaming media is that the Xbox One controller is better than the PS4s. With the rumbling triggers and very improved d-pad.

What's funny is that Sony has actually taken lots of cues from the Xbox 360 controller, the DS4 is now curved at the back, with triggers. http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/22/ps4-sony-admits-early-dualshock-4-designs-were-close-to-xbox-360-controller/

Angry joe made a comparison of the PS4 and Xbox controller and said that the DS4 felt very similar to the Xbox 360 controller.

They also considered putting the sticks in a similar form as the Xbox 360's, as consumers liked the Xbox 360's controller better for shooters. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/22/original-ps4-controller-analog-stick-layout-similar-to-xbox-360

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

@XBOunity

I am glad you have formulated your own opinion on the controllers, sir, and I wish you the very best on your future endeavors in gaming, on your chosen platform with controller :) .

I myself have yet to try out either controller, but believe I will be very much happy with either controller :)

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

You're right, who wouldn't get trounced under this anvil?

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@telefanatic said:

Your wrong cause your the Xbox Unity...

I mark this as the best answer

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

@dilfersdimes said:

It needed to...

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

The DS4 is an improvement but it looks cheap as hell.

And there are already reports of the thumbsticks wearing off and the battery being crap.

The XO controller looks like a much much more polished product, and it's what I'll get for my PC. On top of that it will have proper support for Windows, unlike the DS4 which works only with basic functions, and I doubt Sony would even bother to develop the adequate functionality for PC. Same crap as the DS3, you'll have to use 3rd party buggy programs to make it work as intended.

I'd also take the impulse triggers instead of the gimmicky trackpad any day. Let's all be honest here, that thing will never be fun to use, and no dev will find a creative way to make it work.

Zoso813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Zoso813
Member since 2013 • 310 Posts

The DS4 is an amazing improvement. I like it just as much as the 360/One controller. You can't really go wrong either way.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

So far I'm loving the DS4. It feels great and performs just as good.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

Yeah, the only thing I can say negative about the DS4 is that the material on the thumbsticks feels really cheap. If it were better I'd say it was equal to the One controller, but so far the One controller feels more premium.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

SteamController beats both.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By XBOunity

@Nengo_Flow: if only that counted :)

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#44 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts

It all comes down to preference...I have used both, and they are both really great controllers.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50563 Posts

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@Gue1 said:

It is better though. PS4 is better at everything else but you cannot deny that the bone controller is better.

Kids...

marcl18123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 marcl18123
Member since 2006 • 2050 Posts

Haven't used the xbox one controller, but I'm not feeling the bummers from pics, but i do like the textured look of the sticks. Stick placement is just a personal preference. symmetrical sticks work fine on the ds4 and asymmetrical sticks work fine for me using my 360 controller PC. Both controllers are improvements over their predecessors.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

The XB1 controller, with the exception of the battery being on the inside and the D-pad, is a pretty big step backwards. The bumpers suck. If you have long fingers you tend to press down on the innermost edges and that doesn't work because the bumpers are solid pieces of plastic. The sticks are WAY too loose. Not as firm as the X360's sticks. It also feels like it's a little bit smaller, not as wide as the X360 controller.

DS4 beats it hands down.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#48 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I know I'm going to fall in love with the xbox one controller I like the way it looks and those impulse triggers are awesome I'm not saying the DS4 isn't a good controller its just not my kind of controller and the xbox one controller is even better than the 360 controller.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 XBOunity

@McStrongfast: well you were wrong about me being an astroturfer. Cant take you seriously after you really believed that. Lol joke

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

PS4 has been getting better feedback. So PS4.