Xbox 360 at 76M; Kinect Sold 24M Units.

• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

They have 46 million GOLD members since they are including the word "subscribers". You don't subscribe to anything with a silver account since it is free for every XBOX360. If they counted those as well, they would be hitting PSN account numbers (last numbers was something like 90 to 100 million), since you can pretty much create as many silver accounts as you wish.

That 50 million number is correct or at least sold to retail/Sony warehouses correct as of 2008. The 360 is around 39 million at the moment and the Wii is only around 41 million. Either way, the 360 will be on store shelves for at least 2 or 3 more years and it will do well in 2013 (8 to 9 million at least, with probably around 5 million of those in the US alone). It will surpass the Wii this year for sure since the Wii is all but dead and who knows what it will do beyond 2013. It may very well be the next PS2 in terms of life. I'm sure as long as it is selling in the millions and making MS money, they will keep it on the store shelves and most of those sales will come from the US.

COVAtheNOVA

No they don't and when you make a silver account you are subscribing with them.

percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 percuvius2
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts

[QUOTE="percuvius2"]You get what you pay for, which is why psn is the suckfest welfare service that it is.tormentos
I pay nothing for PSN.. I get cheaters. I get lag. I could get my account stolen (PSN so call fiasco) I have to tolerate screaming teens. I payed for xbox live. I get cheaters. I get Lag. I can get my account stolen and sold on a black market (since 2007) I have to tolerate even more screaming teens.. This ^^^ is a fact no my opinion,the only difference is i don't pay 1 cent for that crap,while on xbox live i pay and get the same,oh with party chat.

Go enjoy your psn, your opinion isn't of value to me, thanks anyways though.

Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#104 Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts
Happy to say I'm not one of those 26 million.
percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 percuvius2

[QUOTE="COVAtheNOVA"]

They have 46 million GOLD members since they are including the word "subscribers". You don't subscribe to anything with a silver account since it is free for every XBOX360. If they counted those as well, they would be hitting PSN account numbers (last numbers was something like 90 to 100 million), since you can pretty much create as many silver accounts as you wish.

That 50 million number is correct or at least sold to retail/Sony warehouses correct as of 2008. The 360 is around 39 million at the moment and the Wii is only around 41 million. Either way, the 360 will be on store shelves for at least 2 or 3 more years and it will do well in 2013 (8 to 9 million at least, with probably around 5 million of those in the US alone). It will surpass the Wii this year for sure since the Wii is all but dead and who knows what it will do beyond 2013. It may very well be the next PS2 in terms of life. I'm sure as long as it is selling in the millions and making MS money, they will keep it on the store shelves and most of those sales will come from the US.

tormentos

No they don't and when you make a silver account you are subscribing with them.

You say you have XBOX LIVE gold, what's your gamertag? Mine is ShylockHolmes

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 tormentos
Remember this.? ""The patent application, titled "CONTENT DISTRIBUTION REGULATION BY VIEWING USER", is a means of using Kinect to monitor not just what you're watching (or listening to) on your Kinect, but more importantly, how many people. Here's the important part, straight from the application itself"" http://kotaku.com/5958307/this-kinect-patent-is-terrifying-wants-to-charge-you-for-license-violation A little patent discover 3 months ago.? Kinect is always on watch out maybe on your next credit card bill you see a charge for a movie and a extra license fee for watching a movie with more than 2 or 3 people.. Kinect is say to be able to recognize 5 or 6 people at the same time.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 tormentos
You say you have XBOX LIVE gold, what's your gamertag? Mine is ShylockHolmespercuvius2
No i don't have live now i did pay for live and did not renew. And no you can't have my tag. http://www.1up.com/news/microsoft-25-million-xbl-users
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 tormentos
I never experienced screaming teens on xbox live and their are security proofs now ot protect your XBL account.super600
Then you have never play on xbox live.. The security now,that is the problem xbox live has been on 360 since 2005,since 2007 accounts have been stolen,and like i have learn from MS ban waves,every time they solve one problem hackers create another..
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22796 Posts
Congrats on the fantastic generation and literally thousands of hours of fun I had.... heres hoping for a strong 720 when actual specs and scope are released!
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
Happy to say I'm not one of those 26 million. Merex760
This guy speaks the facts!
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="percuvius2"]You say you have XBOX LIVE gold, what's your gamertag? Mine is ShylockHolmestormentos
No i don't have live now i did pay for live and did not renew. And no you can't have my tag. http://www.1up.com/news/microsoft-25-million-xbl-users

We cant have it because it doesnt exist....
percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 percuvius2

[QUOTE="percuvius2"]You say you have XBOX LIVE gold, what's your gamertag? Mine is ShylockHolmestormentos

What a liar you are. At least I have BOTH. You don't even have a XBOX gamertag you FN lying sack of......

XBOX LIVE ShylockHolmes

psn ShylockHolmes

I can say XBOX LIVE (should be LOVE) just murders the welfare psn and you can't say jack because you can only afford the free one.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="super600"]I never experienced screaming teens on xbox live and their are security proofs now ot protect your XBL account.tormentos
Then you have never play on xbox live.. The security now,that is the problem xbox live has been on 360 since 2005,since 2007 accounts have been stolen,and like i have learn from MS ban waves,every time they solve one problem hackers create another..

Wtf are you talking about?
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 tormentos
What a liar you are. At least I have BOTH. You don't even have a XBOX gamertag you FN lying sack of......

XBOX LIVE ShylockHolmes

psn ShylockHolmes

I can say XBOX LIVE (should be LOVE) just murders the welfare psn and you can't say jack because you can only afford the free one.

percuvius2
So i could afford a $600 dollar console but not xbox live..:lol: My god is that you clone1.?
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]I never experienced screaming teens on xbox live and their are security proofs now ot protect your XBL account.tormentos

I've only encountered screaming kids a few times. And your account is only likely to have been stolen if you're a bit dim and gave out some info you shouldn't have to someone .... the same for any account on any site on the internet.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 tormentos
I've only encountered screaming kids a few times. And your account is only likely to have been stolen if you're a bit dim and gave out some info you shouldn't have to someone .... the same for any account on any site on the internet.blue_hazy_basic
Actually there have been complains about people account been hack,without they giving any info,in fact the xbox.com loop hole is one example of how to loose your account without social engineering it was brute force.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] I've only encountered screaming kids a few times. And your account is only likely to have been stolen if you're a bit dim and gave out some info you shouldn't have to someone .... the same for any account on any site on the internet.tormentos
Actually there have been complains about people account been hack,without they giving any info,in fact the xbox.com loop hole is one example of how to loose your account without social engineering it was brute force.

I missed the link to that, would you mind reposting it? Cheers! :)
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#119 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I play halo 4 war games.:)

And when I use to not mute people I only heard grownups actng immature.

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

Congrats to MS, also for the succes of it's crappy Kinect .

Not sure why all the bitter tears are needed though, why the hurt if you don't own a 360 or kinect :cry:

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#121 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Impressive. Kinect took off like a rocket. When I went to Best buy kids were really into it. Kudos to M$ for making a foothold this gen.

Hopefully their next console actually has a better balance between the two audiences.