XBOX 1 backwards compatibility to the test

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

There a new article on gamespot about the backwards compatibility and it seems to be working pretty well already , while it is still in beta.

You can find the article below

oh yeah before i forget,

take that cows

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/xbox-360-vs-xbox-one-backward-compatibility-testin/2300-6425759/

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Yeah, it's doing alright for being in a beta. And the ability to record and take screenshots is a nice bonus. Just hoping they will add more games soon.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

BC is only good if the games run better or equal, and it supports all my games and if I don't have to buy a new game to get access to my old ones.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@ProtossX: who says you have to buy a new game?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts

@lostrib said:

I think he means physical copies that he's owned but doesn't have anymore.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ProtossX

@Zero_epyon said:
@lostrib said:

I think he means physical copies that he's owned but doesn't have anymore.

No i mean currently M$ and Bethe$da are saying Fallout 3 will come with fallout 4 but they haven't said yet if we can play fallout 3 BC without buying the new game yet have they?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

bump this thread when ninja gaiden 2 becomes available

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1474 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Yeah, it's doing alright for being in a beta. And the ability to record and take screenshots is a nice bonus. Just hoping they will add more games soon.

They'd better add Vanquish.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

I went to plays Gears but missed the beta. Thinking of some Viva Piñata next.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 freedomfreak
@moistcarrot said:

They'd better add Vanquish.

That would be cool.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

It's only for a select number of games.

I already played those games to death.

Yup.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Yup.

Meanwhile, Mr.Cranler is very excited for Sony remasters/remakes!

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@-God- said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

Yup.

Not buying GOW remaster.

Not buying Uncharted remster.

Didn't buy the DMC remasters.

Didn't buy the Tomb Raider remaster.

Didn't buy the Sleeping Dogs remaster.

Didn't buy the Final Fantasy remasters.

You can keep your mouth shut now.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Beta?

Is it not open yet?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lostrib

@-God- said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

Yup.

Meanwhile, Mr. Jankar isn't a PC gamer

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Ant_17 said:

Beta?

Is it not open yet?

its only for preview program members right now. they already said they're launching for real later this year

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Too bad if you sold all your crap, I´m a hoarder and seldomly get rid of something. I don´t have many physical X360 games ( because them discs scratch just by looking at them and I hate scratched discs ) but I do have a very nice digital library of over 100 games, if for any reason 20% of my library ( the most popular ones ) is BC I will be a really happy camper

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@mems_1224 said:
@Ant_17 said:

Beta?

Is it not open yet?

its only for preview program members right now. they already said they're launching for real later this year

Oh ok , since MS is working with EA maybe they can make the ME game save to import to ME4.

Thats something that will make me play ME3 a 2nd time.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

... The shittiest thing about this is Microsoft is getting praise for a function and feature that we should expect in 2015..

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SolidGame_basic

@sSubZerOo said:

... The shittiest thing about this is Microsoft is getting praise for a function and feature that we should expect in 2015..

honestly, BC is pretty overrated. if it matters that much to you, keep your old systems. they will play the games better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@SolidGame_basic said:
@sSubZerOo said:

honestly, BC is pretty overrated. if it matters that much to you, keep your old systems. they will play the games better.

Yeah, no it isn't.. As a pc gamer I have one system that is able to play my pc games that I have owned well over a 15 year span of time with minimal hassle... Old systems have hardware failure, old systems create clutter and hassle when the tech is before them in which they could do it... As a pc gamer I play older games as much as I play newer games.. And clearly BC is fucking huge because we have devs making weakass remasters to numerous games, some with minor changes because they are to games that are only a few years old..

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@sSubZerOo said:

How much does sony pay you.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Unlike Sony which forces you to pay for games you already own with PS Now, the Xbox One backward compatibilty is a welcome addition which gives that system more value. I still hope Playstation will follow but then again they're the one that lead the way with taking out BC then lead the way in remastering not even a year old games and sell them to their consumers at a high price. Meanwhile this Xbox One BC is free!

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@sSubZerOo said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@sSubZerOo said:

Yeah, no it isn't.. As a pc gamer I have one system that is able to play my pc games that I have owned well over a 15 year span of time with minimal hassle... Old systems have hardware failure, old systems create clutter and hassle when the tech is before them in which they could do it... As a pc gamer I play older games as much as I play newer games..

There are plenty of people who still have classic consoles that have worked for years. I know people who still play their original Nintendo consoles. BC is not a killer feature for the majority of people. Most people barely have enough time to play games as it is. So whatever time they have, most of it will be with newer games. And also, many of the classics are sold digitally or have been remastered. So having MS spend their time and money on this is a waste. We don't even know how good the quality is for the BC, and based on impressions so far, it's not the same quality.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@SolidGame_basic said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@sSubZerOo said:

Yeah, no it isn't.. As a pc gamer I have one system that is able to play my pc games that I have owned well over a 15 year span of time with minimal hassle... Old systems have hardware failure, old systems create clutter and hassle when the tech is before them in which they could do it... As a pc gamer I play older games as much as I play newer games..

There are plenty of people who still have classic consoles that have worked for years. I know people who still play their original Nintendo consoles. BC is not a killer feature for the majority of people. Most people barely have enough time to play games as it is. So whatever time they have, most of it will be with newer games. And also, many of the classics are sold digitally or have been remastered. So having MS spend their time and money on this is a waste. We don't even know how good the quality is for the BC, and based on impressions so far, it's not the same quality.

.. So what your saying is you want the company to constantly charge you each gen with a new system just so you can play the same game you have owned for 10 years? And obviously it is a killer feature for many due to the huge amount of POSITIVE feedback Microsoft got from the conference with that announcement... And no I am sorry but that is a load of crap if I have ever saw it.. People spend their time to be entertained.. The newer games are not some how superior to the older games, especially now.. If people weren't interested in playing older games, these devs would not be constantly trying to shovel them all these remasters or digital ports to older games.

These companies did this not because it wasn't popular but to the very point that it IS popular and they want to resell the right for you to play the game on their new system.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lostrib

@sSubZerOo said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@sSubZerOo said:

.. So what your saying is you want the company to constantly charge you each gen with a new system just so you can play the same game you have owned for 10 years? And obviously it is a killer feature for many due to the huge amount of POSITIVE feedback Microsoft got from the conference with that announcement... And no I am sorry but that is a load of crap if I have ever saw it.. People spend their time to be entertained.. The newer games are not some how superior to the older games, especially now.. If people weren't interested in playing older games, these devs would not be constantly trying to shovel them all these remasters or digital ports to older games.

These companies did this not because it wasn't popular but to the very point that it IS popular and they want to resell the right for you to play the game on their new system.

I'm sure if sony implemented it on PS4 he would be creaming his jeans over how wonderful it is

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@sSubZerOo said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@sSubZerOo said:

I think that's what you're saying, actually. You're saying you want companies to spend time and money on adding BC to new consoles when you already have the games available on your old system. The "positive" feedback you are talking about is a press conference whose purpose is marketing. Not exactly a general consensus. And there is a reason why there's a market for remasters. It makes older games easier to play with today's standards. And again, you are asking the company to add BC to new consoles only for previous gen consoles. It's not comparable to PC. Eventually you are still going to keep an old console if you want to play those games.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By lostrib

@SolidGame_basic said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@sSubZerOo said:

I think that's what you're saying, actually. You're saying you want companies to spend time and money on adding BC to new consoles when you already have the games available on your old system. The "positive" feedback you are talking about is a press conference whose purpose is marketing. Not exactly a general consensus. And there is a reason why there's a market for remasters. It makes older games easier to play with today's standards. And again, you are asking the company to add BC to new consoles only for previous gen consoles. It's not comparable to PC. Eventually you are still going to keep an old console if you want to play those games.

What if you didn't have that old console and you want to play the previous games? or what if your old console broke but you still have the games?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#29 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

I'm not really worried about the amount of games yet because I cant play them yet LOL But I am so glad Gears 1&2 are already on the list. I wasn't going to buy Gears remastered anyway.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 freedomfreak
@cainetao11 said:

I'm not really worried about the amount of games yet because I cant play them yet LOL But I am so glad Gears 1&2 are already on the list. I wasn't going to buy Gears remastered anyway.

Gears 2 is on there?

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ProtossX

@cainetao11 said:
@freedomfreak said:

Halo 1 Anniversary Halo 2 Anniversary are Remasters

Last of Us Remastered is a remaster

Gears of War ultimate looks like shoddy PC port being brought over from the pc version of gears.

When you remaster a game from like PS3 to PS4 thats a remaster or bring 360 game to xbone thats a remaster

When you take the PC version and port it over to console like borderlands handsome collection thats a PC port there's a difference here.

FF7 PC version ---> PS4 game thats a PC port that's not a remaster its the pc version ported over etc.

people need to know the differences between pc ports and remasters ones upgrading the shit out of game from an older console the other is a pc port trimmed down for xbone or ps4 and costs far less money

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 cainetao11

@ProtossX said:
@cainetao11 said:
@freedomfreak said:

Gears of War ultimate looks like shoddy PC port being brought over from the pc version of gears.

When you remaster a game from like PS3 to PS4 thats a remaster or bring 360 game to xbone thats a remaster

When you take the PC version and port it over to console like borderlands handsome collection thats a PC port there's a difference here.

FF7 PC version ---> PS4 game thats a PC port that's not a remaster its the pc version ported over etc.

people need to know the differences between pc ports and remasters ones upgrading the shit out of game from an older console the other is a pc port trimmed down for xbone or ps4 and costs far less money

LOL people need to know the differences but you're posting pure conjecture with Gears remaster just being a PC port. Link me to actual proof of this being just a PC port. I wouldn't have bought it anyway. My gaming money isn't unlimited so I pick what I am spending money on for the rest of the year. PS4 I am getting MGS5 that is it.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ProtossX

@cainetao11 said:
@ProtossX said:
@cainetao11 said:
@freedomfreak said:

LOL people need to know the differences but you're posting pure conjecture with Gears remaster just being a PC port. Link me to actual proof of this being just a PC port. I wouldn't have bought it anyway. My gaming money isn't unlimited so I pick what I am spending money on for the rest of the year. PS4 I am getting MGS5 that is it.

/wipes off hands i think were done here

several youtubers who played beta said it was terrible glitchy and that 360 was way better an that they uninstalled it after a few matches

so you got pictures showing it badly you got people saying it was bad, and this project was just started like its almost done for christmas

this is not revamped game from the 360 something's fishy about this ppl are saying its the pc version x86 architecture

its the games for windows version brought over

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By cainetao11

@ProtossX said:
@cainetao11 said:
@ProtossX said:
@cainetao11 said:
@freedomfreak said:

/wipes off hands i think were done here

several youtubers who played beta said it was terrible glitchy and that 360 was way better an that they uninstalled it after a few matches

so you got pictures showing it badly you got people saying it was bad, and this project was just started like its almost done for christmas

this is not revamped game from the 360 something's fishy about this ppl are saying its the pc version x86 architecture

its the games for windows version brought over

So that MP picture represents the remaster of the single player campaign? That's from the online beta. Fail. I don't care where they get something that they are remastering. I wont buy it regardless. But there are pics of the improvements to the SP that some have posted.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@commander said:

take that cows

Not gonna lie, this does rustle the jimmies. I really love backwards compatibility. I'm always willing to dip into games from previous gens and I like being able to do that conveniently. The less boxes I have to keep hooked up, the better.

I was pretty much over the fact that PS4 had no BC because I was willing to keep my launch PS3 hooked up. PS1, PS2 and PS3 in one system? **** yeah... then my PS3 failed on me a couple of months ago.

Fucking sucks.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@ConanTheStoner said:
@commander said:

take that cows

Not gonna lie, this does rustle the jimmies. I really love backwards compatibility. I'm always willing to dip into games from previous gens and I like being able to do that conveniently. The less boxes I have to keep hooked up, the better.

I was pretty much over the fact that PS4 had no BC because I was willing to keep my launch PS3 hooked up. PS1, PS2 and PS3 in one system? **** yeah... then my PS3 failed on me a couple of months ago.

Fucking sucks.

PS1/PS2 emulation on a PS4 would be fantastic. Disc based too and in 1080p. I would love to play some Shadow Of The Colossus in 1080p.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: when places are giving you $150 trade in towards Xbox One for a system you bought over 10 years ago why keep it. The only thing I will get on the cheap if it comes to BC is the Orange Box so I may or may not end up using this feature we will see.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

It would be nice for some games to have access to DLC while in the beta.

Some games I want to come are EA titles but they aren't offered digitally on the Xbox 360, for instance Dead Space and Mass Effect are on the Xbox 360 marketplace but not their sequels. And I'd like to play these games in BC.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ProtossX

@xxyetixx said:

@SolidGame_basic: when places are giving you $150 trade in towards Xbox One for a system you bought over 10 years ago why keep it. The only thing I will get on the cheap if it comes to BC is the Orange Box so I may or may not end up using this feature we will see.

Maybe because we DON'T EVEN know which of our games will be on BC?

Maybe because mass effect 1 runs like shit on the beta right now?

Microsoft said they have to have permission from the dev to put the game up why the hell the dev to let me play my game on xbone its blind faith right now to sell your 360 literally blind and there's no telling if they can fix the framerates another blind leap of faith to sell your 360 with the current way the beta versions are up and the catalog of games.

Literally pointless to sell your 360 right now until we know for a fact the games run as good as 360 on xbox one and you have access to all of them.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#40 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

I love it how the cows pretend that this isn't good or not needed.

Think about it, it's great for the people who never had a 360 and want to play both ONE games and 360 games.

Also I left my 360 at my gf's place so in the future I would be able to play them on the ONE at home.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 cainetao11

@sSubZerOo said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@sSubZerOo said:

His response pure personal opinion. He cant link proof of his claim of what majority of people like or value. Go to Feedback forums for xbox and see how many votes for BC they received. How is a company working on something that so many voted for on the company's feedback forums a waste of time? All they are doing is giving what the gamers voted for on the forum.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@ProtossX: no it's not literally pointless to sell your 360 I spent $132 out of pocket maybe a little over a year and half ago for a Xbox One with Kinect, Titanfall, and Call of Duty:ghosts. By getting rid of my Xbox 360, the Kinect I had for it and 4 games. No regrets didn't miss it, I knew Xbox One wasn't BC so it didn't matter to keep the games. The 360 I got rid of was the Arcade edition 360, that I had for like 8+ years it was a no brainer. MS announcing BC right now just give me extra option if I ever choose to go back and play something I missed or really liked.

It also give me a cheap option for my children who love to have games, so I can go pick up a $6 or less used whatever and they can play something new to them ;)

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

There are plenty of people who still have classic consoles that have worked for years. I know people who still play their original Nintendo consoles.

Most of those classic consoles have little to no moving parts. The 360 and PS3 however do have moving parts which increases their failure rate. Heck, isn't the 360 estimated to have a 50% failure rate? It's doesn't take a genius to realise keeping your consoles from last gen doesn't guarantee you the ability to play all your games for life. Those consoles will fail and then you'll have to either buy a whole new console, or you know, use BC.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ProtossX

@xxyetixx said:

@ProtossX: no it's not literally pointless to sell your 360 I spent $132 out of pocket maybe a little over a year and half ago for a Xbox One with Kinect, Titanfall, and Call of Duty:ghosts. By getting rid of my Xbox 360, the Kinect I had for it and 4 games. No regrets didn't miss it, I knew Xbox One wasn't BC so it didn't matter to keep the games. The 360 I got rid of was the Arcade edition 360, that I had for like 8+ years it was a no brainer. MS announcing BC right now just give me extra option if I ever choose to go back and play something I missed or really liked.

It also give me a cheap option for my children who love to have games, so I can go pick up a $6 or less used whatever and they can play something new to them ;)

Doesn't matter people still are fond of there xbox 360 I haven't had nearly as good as experience with xbox one as anything close my 360 yet.

When SNES came out i was having very good experiences with it over my NES and Atari 5200 imagine that? why the **** am i having a worse experience on xbone than 360 like i said i'm not a huge nostalgic gamer i moved on to snes and was having a fucking blast on that and stopped going back to NES atari.

Why isn't xbone living up to the 360 is the real question here? Its mainly cuz of the Windows Phone UI Metro OS they went with / Lack of features / Shitty online matchmaking and more. I will never sell my 360 if anything ill sell my bone back at this point. People like good experiences period, and good games. RIght now most xbones library is on 360 and that system is the better experience, like I said several games ive seen frames dropping and tons of crap the OS is bloated and laggy they haven't updated or changed anything major since release i log in it's still the same PoS it was around launch.

When SNES came out it destroyed the NES for me, almost 100% stopped playing my NES.

When Xbone came out 360 is just a better platform for me as a gamer still. Microsoft needs to really change things up right fucking now.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

With consoles you might have to pay for bc , with pcs you might have to pay for future capability... wats worse ? wats more exspensive ? consoles are more set in stone and relaxes your head until the next one comes out

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

LOL at those that tell us to just keep your old consoles. You're also forgetting that the batteries stored inside those SNES cartridges don't last very long and you'll end up either losing or have corrupted save files that will make your games unplayable. Also the Xbox 360 had a very high failure rate of any console on the market, don't forget the PS2's dreaded DRE's

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@ProtossX said:
@xxyetixx said:

Doesn't matter people still are fond of there xbox 360 I haven't had nearly as good as experience with xbox one as anything close my 360 yet.

When SNES came out i was having very good experiences with it over my NES and Atari 5200 imagine that? why the **** am i having a worse experience on xbone than 360 like i said i'm not a huge nostalgic gamer i moved on to snes and was having a fucking blast on that and stopped going back to NES atari.

Why isn't xbone living up to the 360 is the real question here? Its mainly cuz of the Windows Phone UI Metro OS they went with / Lack of features / Shitty online matchmaking and more. I will never sell my 360 if anything ill sell my bone back at this point. People like good experiences period, and good games. RIght now most xbones library is on 360 and that system is the better experience, like I said several games ive seen frames dropping and tons of crap the OS is bloated and laggy they haven't updated or changed anything major since release i log in it's still the same PoS it was around launch.

When SNES came out it destroyed the NES for me, almost 100% stopped playing my NES.

When Xbone came out 360 is just a better platform for me as a gamer still. Microsoft needs to really change things up right fucking now.

the ps4 is hardly living up to the ps3 either.

I sold my x360, it was still worth money and i broke all my controllers. I have a lot of digital games on my account and while i'm playing xbone i cannot chat with someone from x360, this emulator basically combines the two systems into one which is just great.

Why? because last gen isn't that different from this gen yet. Last gen was one of kind , it lasted the longest, it was the biggest jump that any other gen made and it set the bar so high that even this gen games have a hard time to innovate, the biggest difference here is resolution.

So a lot of those games are still viable especially to people that haven't played it yet, it makes it a lot more interesting to have just one console that works for everything. Hooking up things is always a drag, especially if you just want to play for a short while. Time is money, for everyone

Your comparison with nes and snes is like comparing the ps3 with ps2, the differences are too big. The differences between the x1 and x360 and ps4 and ps3 is like the difference between the sega saturn and the sega genesis. It looks shinier and crispier but that's it.

The next big thing vr and ar, just like 3D was in the nineties will be done by a pc first. The console version will have it too but it will be lower quality, just like the playstation was with 3D.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ProtossX

@commander said:
@ProtossX said:
@xxyetixx said:

the ps4 is hardly living up to the ps3 either.

I sold my x360, it was still worth money and i broke all my controllers. I have a lot of digital games on my account and while i'm playing xbone i cannot chat with someone from x360, this emulator basically combines the two systems into one which is just great.

Why? because last gen isn't that different from this gen yet. Last gen was one of kind , it lasted the longest, it was the biggest jump that any other gen made and it set the bar so high that even this gen games have a hard time to innovate, the biggest difference here is resolution.

So a lot of those games are still viable especially to people that haven't played it yet, it makes it a lot more interesting to have just one console that works for everything. Hooking up things is always a drag, especially if you just want to play for a short while. Time is money, for everyone

Your comparison with nes and snes is like comparing the ps3 with ps2, the differences are too big. The differences between the x1 and x360 and ps4 and ps3 is like the difference between the sega saturn and the sega genesis. It looks shinier and crispier but that's it.

The next big thing vr and ar, just like 3D was in the nineties will be done by a pc first. The console version will have it too but it will be lower quality, just like the playstation was with 3D.

Thats where your wrong the PS4 UI resolution looks like 1000x better than ps3 way higher quality way crisper thats a flat out upgrade! the xbone ui and layout is downgrade in every way laggier slower shittier.

The PS4 store loads and is 1000x better than ps3

The ps4 controller runs fucking laps around the ps3 controller

The ps4 is a clear upgrade over the ps3 in every single god damn way known to mankind i will never go back to ps3 the ps4 system has utterly replaced the ps3 sonys know what there doing when they put out a new console just try to go back to the ps3 controller the ps3 store or use the ps3 apps you just can't do it.

With xbone im running back to try to play back on my 360 running in the opposite direction i really hope everyone involved the xbox one was fired including phil spencer because they've made this thing they did that its time to fire them they didn't make a good system they need to be fired and replaced maybe hire some ppl who worked on the ps4 get these ppl out of power imo.

The 360 are going to ps4 and they will be happy there microsoft gonna learn a valuable lesson in how you upgrade everything lil nook an cranny when you put out a new system

You don't make a worse controller, you don't make downloads take forever, you don't make matchmaking take ages you make better in every fucking way possible like the ps4.

These people man these people they outa touch man with gamers.

I started with xbone moved to ps4 and now i game primarily over there and have no plans to return.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Wake me up when they have more than 20 games that work with it.

I know people keep saying it's beta and whatnot, but it looks to me like the performance is not going to improve much if at all just gonna be bug fixes and compatibility. I knew they would not be able to emulate the PPC chip 100% but they got close so at least the early stuff will work properly.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By lostrib

@cainetao11 said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

His response pure personal opinion. He cant link proof of his claim of what majority of people like or value. Go to Feedback forums for xbox and see how many votes for BC they received. How is a company working on something that so many voted for on the company's feedback forums a waste of time? All they are doing is giving what the gamers voted for on the forum.

Yeah, it was stated to be consistently at the top of the communities request lists