X360 with new 65nm CPU.

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts

That is the day all the Sony fanboys cry since it means no more 360s breaking. I wonder what the Sony fanboys will come up with next to try and bash the Xbox 360. :lol:

PS3_3DO
yet it still doesn't have it in the new model so your point? intel has had 65nm since late 2005
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 imprezawrx500
[QUOTE="-Reggaeton-"][QUOTE="PS3_3DO"][QUOTE="-Reggaeton-"][QUOTE="PS3_3DO"]

That is the day all the Sony fanboys cry since it means no more 360s breaking. I wonder what the Sony fanboys will come up with next to try and bash the Xbox 360. :lol:

PS3_3DO

What?! This thread is sad.

Didn't you hear Sony fanboys believe everyone with a 360 will have it break on them in a year or less. :o

Why would they cry when its not braking anymore(hopefully) i dont get the logic. This thread failed bad. 

They will cry when they can't use that excuse anymore and the X360 will sell more than the PS3 next winter.

Why don't you put your $$$$$$$$$$$$ on it? I'll bet you $50 ps3 beats x360 this gen
Terami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53 Terami
Member since 2004 • 3992 Posts
[QUOTE="PS3_3DO"]

WheresMyChippy
I wouldn't be bragging if it took my console over a year to fix a serious design flaw that has caused many to have terrible experiences and overheating issues.

Exactly what I was thinking.  And I've had two defective 360's in "less than year". :roll:
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 imprezawrx500
[QUOTE="Hadoken_Kid"][QUOTE="PS3_3DO"]

PS3_3DO

So you admit all 360s break down then right now ? also you know the ellite models wont have the chips. So typical MS fanboy buys console at launch 3 months later it breaks then buys ellite model 1 year later. 6 months later buys another ellite model with the chips in it. Now who is the Cow being milked. ?

Yeah technology gets better over time that's usually how it happens. If you want to have the best electronics you have to wait a few revisions to get it. I guess people forgot how bad the PS2 was until Sony fixed it over a few years.

why don't you tell me why intel will have 45nm cpus before x360 gets it 65nm?
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 imprezawrx500
[QUOTE="Lazy_Boy88"]

The new black ones don't use the 65nm yet so when exactly is it going to be used? So since MS said they'll eventually have the HD-DVD internal...... there's a guarunteed FIVE versions of the 360. Core, Premium, Black, 65nm, HD-DVD (and I still don't think they've started using the quieter DVD drives as planned).

I'll buy one as soon as the hideous power supply brick is internal, use quieter drives, and have finalized features.

'

-Reggaeton-

Power brick internaL? you know that its 1/2 the size of the box right? i dont want the box to be as big as my tv 

better than a overheating power brick on your floor
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 imprezawrx500
[QUOTE="Lazy_Boy88"]

The new black ones don't use the 65nm yet so when exactly is it going to be used? So since MS said they'll eventually have the HD-DVD internal...... there's a guarunteed FIVE versions of the 360. Core, Premium, Black, 65nm, HD-DVD (and I still don't think they've started using the quieter DVD drives as planned).

I'll buy one as soon as the hideous power supply brick is internal,  use quieter drives, and have finalized features.

PS3_3DO

I believe for the last few months they have been using the quieter DVD drives. I read some where that they have been. If you got a new 360 in the last few months it should make less noise from the DVD drive. This fall they will use the 65nm chips in all 360s so if they are still making a core it will be using one too. As far as the external power supply goes I would rather have it outside if you can make the 360 even smaller say kind of like what Sony did with the PS2 except I doubt it could ever be that small.

but when is the 18x one going in?
HazeNPopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 HazeNPopes
Member since 2007 • 735 Posts
PS3_3DO got owned.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 imprezawrx500
[QUOTE="CalmityDaunt"][QUOTE="CalmityDaunt"]I heard the first set of "elites" won't have the new chip. Is this true?asmallchild
Anyone? The reason i ask is because my nephew is wanting a new system and i would let him have my 360 and get the elite, but only if the chip was upgraded etc.

the 65nm chip is planned for the fall of 2007. The Elites will not have them yet. That being said, there is no guarantee the 65nm chips will eliminate all the hardware problems the Xbox360 (at least the launch units) have had. I've heard reports of disc read errors and scratching. I'm pretty sure chips don't do that. All in all, if your nephew wants a new system, I'd go with the Elite. I think after 1.5 years, MS would have ironed out all hardware woes. (I seriously doubt this new batch of Elites is as errorprone as the original batch of launch units)

and intel will have 45nm by then, m$ should have sayed with the world leader in microprocessor and they wouldn't have had the problems
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 imprezawrx500

Why does the 360 overheat?
The explanation is easy. Due to the normal DVD drive it has to spin fast to read the data.
This generates loud noise (4,4 Sone) and heat. It comes to a heat congestion in the console which leads to overheating of the GPU/CPU and to the known issue (hang-up). If this happens several times it will damage the GPU or CPU and the 360 will die.
The change to the 65nm spec is the right step in the right direction, but they need to think something about the DVD-Drive.

Kreean
I don't get it why does the 360 have a gpu heatsink from a radeon x1300? and why can't you fry any pc but you can the x360? and a dvd drive doesn't make much heat anyway comapred to what the cpu makes
Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the 360's hardware problems aren't just overheating.
Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts

Yeah technology gets better over time that's usually how it happens. If you want to have the best electronics you have to wait a few revisions to get it. I guess people forgot how bad the PS2 was until Sony fixed it over a few years.

PS3_3DO
Difference is you could go in and fix the DRE issues, you can't go in and fix the flaming destroyer of discs known as 360, at least not without some serious modding.

Didn't you hear Sony is making a 80gb PS3. I guess most Console gamers don't know how to install a HDD. ;)

PS3_3DO
Yeah I've also noticed its not confirmed yet...there aren't even freaking pics.
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
PS3_3DO got owned.HazeNPopes
It happens quite often. :) When you're jealous and start bashing a system because you can't have it, you tend to make some pretty questionable calls. And blatant mistakes. So I'm not at all surprised.
Avatar image for fatzombiepigeon
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63 fatzombiepigeon
Member since 2005 • 8199 Posts
[QUOTE="PS3_3DO"]

Dualshockin

Wait,you mean there's yet another 360 on the way?

The rumor goes it's the same 360 but with a smaller chip inside. It's not a new unit. It was never going to be, and you'd have to be dellusional to think so.

Avatar image for Danthegamingman
Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#64 Danthegamingman
Member since 2003 • 19978 Posts

PS3_3DO
I have a launch Nov 2005 X360 and it's awesome, no hardware problems at all, except I have alot of dust in my apartment that doesn't help the heating issues, so I have to use compressed air to blow the vents out weekly. My X360 is a champ.
covhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 covhunter
Member since 2004 • 946 Posts
MS would be much better off keeping the elite on hold until the 65nm technology is ready for commercial use, otherwise people are gonna get fed up with the constant revisions to the hardware. Unless they offer a free replacement (which I highly doubt).
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 asmallchild
MS would be much better off keeping the elite on hold until the 65nm technology is ready for commercial use, otherwise people are gonna get fed up with the constant revisions to the hardware. Unless they offer a free replacement (which I highly doubt). covhunter
The 65nm chip is something that will be quietly inserted into newer units. It is NOT a new model or a new SKU. I believe the casual consumer won't even notice it. It's not like MS is printing 90NM CHIP INSIDE! on their boxes in bold.
-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67 -KinGz-
Member since 2006 • 5232 Posts
[QUOTE="PS3_3DO"]Is that the same thing as Sony releasing different PS2s over the last 5 years. I remember all the PS2s breaking down. :lol:Dualshockin
And here ladies and gentlemen,we have a form of damage control which is still existent in SW: "The last gen Vs this gen" type. The Xbox 360 is as you unknowingly admitted,a faulty piece of hardware.With 3 Xbox's out before May,it makes you wonder,just how many 360's are MS planning on releasing lol?

Umm just like u cows bu bu but teh ps2 sold 100 mill teh ps3 will too
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 asmallchild
[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="PS3_3DO"]Is that the same thing as Sony releasing different PS2s over the last 5 years. I remember all the PS2s breaking down. :lol:-KinGz-
And here ladies and gentlemen,we have a form of damage control which is still existent in SW: "The last gen Vs this gen" type. The Xbox 360 is as you unknowingly admitted,a faulty piece of hardware.With 3 Xbox's out before May,it makes you wonder,just how many 360's are MS planning on releasing lol?

Umm just like u cows bu bu but teh ps2 sold 100 mill teh ps3 will too

Way to change the topic. Doesn't change the fact that the Xbox360 is errorprone. Not saying it's a bad console. Just that it needs work regarding reliability issues.
sunscorch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 sunscorch
Member since 2004 • 2512 Posts

PS3_3DO

so wait... MS has to upgrade their CPU to 65nm to stop it from breaking. they better not let that get out or it will be really bad press. 10 million faulty units. :roll: