X360 Dominates 07 With Killer Line-Up of RPG's. (Facts Inside)

• 108 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Stig-FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Stig-FTW
Member since 2006 • 974 Posts
I don't know how you can deny it, the PS3 mainly has FF-XIII (Awesome series), which reasonable Cows admit probably won't even be out untill 08'.

In 2007, the 360 has a -MONSTER- line up of RPG's. It will be hard to pick a "Best RPG of 2007" between them all.

FABLE 2* A chance it wont make it untill early 2008.

MASS EFFECT* Yez plz, moar.

LOST ODYSSEY

BLUE DRAGON

OBLIVION EXPANSION: SHIVERING ISLE'S

BIOSHOCK* The successor of SystemShock? Yes plz, thankyou.

TWO WORLDS* Bad first showing, but is getting extensive overhaul.

ETERNAL SONATA* Almost forgot this one!

And that isn't even all, just the ones -I- like. Theres also a couple Multi-Plats I didn't list, like the LoTR one EA is doing, and Golden Axe, and I think Magna Carta 2. Elveon too.

I'd add Shadowrun, but its said to be a FPS. The last two were RPG's, so I'd be surprised if it didn't incorporate leveling up, and customization elements.

I can't beleive 07' is going to be such a great year for RPG's.

For fairness, heres a few RPG's I saw, but mainly the PS3 is getting 360 hand me downs.

OBLIVION (With Knights of the Nine)
ENCHANTED ARMS (Ehh... Decent I guess)

Counting the multi-plats, its pretty sad in comparison. I can't see a more dominated Genre this year, except maybe FPS too, if you give Halo3 all the credit most do.

Hey, I won't leave Sheep out either. Their biggest credit is, they get SSBB this year, which is the best fighting franchise ever, so they have that genre on LOCK. Party Games too.

Heres the two things I used as reference, along with some mild googling.

http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?platform=1028&category=Role-Playing&type=games&mode=all&sort=views&sortdir=asc
^ Most of those PS3's aren't even announced yet. 2008 and beyond.

http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?platform=1029&category=Role-Playing&type=games&mode=all&sort=views&sortdir=asc
^ Nearly every one of them is 2007, and Bioshock isn't even on there. Blaspheme!

cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
Whilst I agree that the 360 dominates in the RPG department this year. Bioshock is not a pure RPG and Fable 2, Lost Oddyssey and Two Worlds are doubtful for this year
MrGrimFandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 MrGrimFandango
Member since 2005 • 5286 Posts

I like 360 but Lost Odyssey and Fable 2 will be 2008....

Blue Dragon

Eternal Sonata

Two Worlds

Bioshock

Mass Effect

Still more and better than anyone else.

Stig-FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Stig-FTW
Whilst I agree that the 360 dominates in the RPG department this year. Bioshock is not a pure RPG and Fable 2, Lost Oddyssey and Two Worlds are doubtful for this yearcakeorrdeath
True, but I wanted to go by what Gamespot said to avoid arguing. I think Fable 2 is early 2008.
HostileEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HostileEffect
Member since 2006 • 2491 Posts
Bioshock is on the PC and PS3, Mass Effect and Fable 2 look hawt but will probably find their way to the PC soon enough. The rest you listed... not interested.
fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts
This is to be expected. The PS3 is just starting to muster its first generation lineup while the 360 is rollin' on to its second and third generation lineups.

I predict that the PS3 lineup won't be able to present a serious challenge to the 360 in terms of sheer quantity of AAA titles until 2008.
Stig-FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Stig-FTW
Bioshock is on the PC and PS3, Mass Effect and Fable 2 look hawt but will probably find their way to the PC soon enough. The rest you listed... not interested.HostileEffect
When did Bioshock to the PS3? Last time I checked it definately wasn't. I think you mistook Cow propaganda for fact.
MrGrimFandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MrGrimFandango

2008 is a good year too...atleast from here so far.

Lost Odyssey

Kingdom Under Fire

Fable 2

Infinite Undiscovery

LoTR White Council

11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 11Marcel
Member since 2004 • 7241 Posts
Nasos will be proud of you Stig-FTW-san! His post with the exact same content is right below yours.
GsSanAndreas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GsSanAndreas
Member since 2004 • 3075 Posts
I don't know how you can deny it, the PS3 mainly has FF-XIII (Awesome series), which reasonable Cows admit probably won't even be out untill 08'.

In 2007, the 360 has a -MONSTER- line up of RPG's. It will be hard to pick a "Best RPG of 2007" between them all.

FABLE 2

MASS EFFECT

LOST ODYSSEY

BLUE DRAGON

BIOSHOCK

TWO WORLDS

And that isn't even all, just the ones -I- like. Theres also a couple Multi-Plats I didn't list, like the LoTR one EA is doing, and Golden Axe, and I think Magna Carta 2. Elveon too.

I'd add Shadowrun, but its said to be a FPS. The last two were RPG's, so I'd be surprised if it didn't incorporate leveling up, and customization elements.

For fairness, heres a few RPG's I saw, but mainly the PS3 is getting 360 hand me downs.

Counting the multi-plats, its pretty sad in comparison. I can't see a more dominated Genre this year, except maybe FPS too, if you give Halo3 all the credit most do.

Hey, I won't leave Sheep out either. Their biggest credit is, they get SSBB this year, which is the best fighting franchise ever, so they have that genre on LOCK. Party Games too.

http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?platform=1028&category=Role-Playing&type=games&mode=all&sort=views&sortdir=asc

http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?platform=1029&category=Role-Playing&type=games&mode=all&sort=views&sortdir=asc
^ Nearly every one of them is 2007, and Bioshock isn't even on there. Blaspheme!

Stig-FTW

1st off . bioshock and Oblivion arent exclusives I DONT CARE WAT  U SAY if its on more then 1 system (Device that plays games) its not exclusive,

2nd. Bioshock isnt a RPG its a FPS
3rd. Bluedragon isnt doing too good already and looks like some dragonballz rip

ur left with  Fable 2, Mass effect, Two worlds,  only good 1 ther is Mass effect

ok?
TheWiikestLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheWiikestLink
Member since 2006 • 1730 Posts
Sadly white knight for the PS3 stands out over all of those :(.
Stig-FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Stig-FTW
Sadly white knight for the PS3 stands out over all of those :(.TheWiikestLink
2008 much?
Stig-FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Stig-FTW
[QUOTE="Stig-FTW"]I don't know how you can deny it, the PS3 mainly has FF-XIII (Awesome series), which reasonable Cows admit probably won't even be out untill 08'.

FABLE 2

MASS EFFECT

LOST ODYSSEY

BLUE DRAGON

BIOSHOCK

TWO WORLDS

GsSanAndreas

1st off . bioshock and Oblivion arent exclusives I DONT CARE WAT U SAY if its on more then 1 system (Device that plays games) its not exclusive,

ur left with Fable 2, Mass effect, Two worlds, only good 1 ther is Mass effect

ok?

Your first point is valid, still no PS3 love. Secondly, have you NOT played a game like Deus Ex, and SystemShock2? I mean really, terrible posting sir. Your third point is also valid too, but someone who loves JRPG's should find it more then accomodating. Also, I never saw Naso's thread, so sorry if I copied it. :( If anything, I copied Conkers thread.
TheWiikestLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheWiikestLink
Member since 2006 • 1730 Posts
[QUOTE="TheWiikestLink"]Sadly white knight for the PS3 stands out over all of those :(.Stig-FTW
2008 much?

dunno bout that....it was supposed to be a launch title :?

and they pushed it back to really dev it alot better.....i expect a 07 launch.
Stig-FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Stig-FTW
[QUOTE="Stig-FTW"][QUOTE="TheWiikestLink"]Sadly white knight for the PS3 stands out over all of those :(.TheWiikestLink
2008 much?

dunno bout that....it was supposed to be a launch title and they pushed it back to really dev it alot better.....i expect a 07 launch.

It is listed as 2008 on Gamespot is why I was saying that.. To be fair again, Fable 2 is probably 2008, but its -listed- as 07, so I gave it the benefit of the doubt. White Knight is already listed post 2007..
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#16 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
Most of those RPGs don't interest me. They're geared toward the Xbox audience and I'm not the Xbox audience.
D0wnfall1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 D0wnfall1
Member since 2006 • 1363 Posts
Bioshock is not a full fledge RPG. It's an FPS with RPG elements.
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#18 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
[QUOTE="GsSanAndreas"][QUOTE="Stig-FTW"]I don't know how you can deny it, the PS3 mainly has FF-XIII (Awesome series), which reasonable Cows admit probably won't even be out untill 08'.

FABLE 2

MASS EFFECT

LOST ODYSSEY

BLUE DRAGON

BIOSHOCK

TWO WORLDS

Stig-FTW

1st off . bioshock and Oblivion arent exclusives I DONT CARE WAT U SAY if its on more then 1 system (Device that plays games) its not exclusive,

ok?

Your first point is valid, still no PS3 love. Secondly, have you NOT played a game like Deus Ex, and SystemShock2? I mean really, terrible posting sir. Your third point is also valid too, but someone who loves JRPG's should find it more then accomodating. Also, I never saw Naso's thread, so sorry if I copied it. :( If anything, I copied Conkers thread.

I love JRPGs and there are what? TWO JRPGs on that list??  360 is a joke when it comes to people who like Japanese games.  WRPGs are nice but a select few are actually good and hold my attention.  360 is the place for RPGs if you like the RPGs 360 has to offer period.
Stig-FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Stig-FTW
[QUOTE="Stig-FTW"][QUOTE="GsSanAndreas"][QUOTE="Stig-FTW"]I don't know how you can deny it, the PS3 mainly has FF-XIII (Awesome series), which reasonable Cows admit probably won't even be out untill 08'.

FABLE 2

MASS EFFECT

LOST ODYSSEY

BLUE DRAGON

BIOSHOCK

TWO WORLDS

Tiefster

ok?

I love JRPGs and there are what? TWO JRPGs on that list?? 360 is a joke when it comes to people who like Japanese games. WRPGs are nice but a select few are actually good and hold my attention. 360 is the place for RPGs if you like the RPGs 360 has to offer period.

Are you really serious right now? The 360 has MORE JRPG's coming to it then any other console. I guess that criticism is true about every other system this gen. Also, Bioshock will also be a FPS/RPG. Regardless of which people want to put first. Anyone could just say, a RPG, with FPS elements. Complete fanboy spin.
HostileEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HostileEffect
Member since 2006 • 2491 Posts
I highly doupt the makers of the legendary System Shock 2 will not put Bioshock on the PS3. Gamespot seems to think that Bioshock will reach the PS3 as the date is still TBA and the forum is still up. http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/bioshock/index.html?q=bioshock

It is probably delayed, timed excusive or put on hold to finish the PC and X360 version sooner.
Conker-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Conker-Fan
Member since 2007 • 1239 Posts

yep, great list. cows are flaming you though. my preditions

Mass Effect- AAA

Bioshock- AAA )this is a hybrid FPS RPG, not pure RPG)

Blue Dragon- AAA

Lost Odessy- AA-AAA

Enternal Sonata- A-AA

Fable 2- AAA

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts

360 seems to be the place for RPGs overall for the current time being (JRPG and WRPG).

I hardly find Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Infinite Undiscovery, and Cry On a "joke" of Japanese targeted RPGs. :|

Albeit all that said, PS3 needs to get into it's second generation of titles to really see what kind of support it's going to have. Companies like Atlus, Konami, and Nippon Ichi have been overly quite about their RPG support (some may have untitled this but I never trust that kind of announcement). They could go to the PS3, or hell they could switch it up and give their games to another one of the big three.

gnavazl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gnavazl
Member since 2006 • 169 Posts
im gonna get them all, I really want blue dragon
MrGrimFandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MrGrimFandango

Why is FFXIII so great? We already know what happens when there is a female lead...(no sexism intended)

My logic is about as valid as anyone who says FFXIII is AAA...

mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mythrol
Member since 2005 • 5237 Posts
Whilst I agree that the 360 dominates in the RPG department this year. Bioshock is not a pure RPG and Fable 2, Lost Oddyssey and Two Worlds are doubtful for this yearcakeorrdeath
Neither Two Worlds or Lost Oddyssey are doubtful for this year. Two Worlds is coming out in a couple of months actually. And Sakaguchi said he's going for a worldwide launch of Lost Oddyssey. Maybe he'll miss it. But he hasn't say anything other than "Worldwide '07" so far. Fable 2 however is almost certainly going be a 2008 game.
-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -RPGamer-

Why is FFXIII so great? We already know what happens when there is a female lead...(no sexism intended)

MrGrimFandango

FFVI technically had a female lead and it is considered by many of the series to be the best. ;)

FFXIII sounds like an excellent title, I've liked all that I read on it including the odd tidbits that made me wonder how they would be implemented (Shiva as a bike for instance).

Stig-FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Stig-FTW

360 seems to be the place for RPGs overall for the current time being (JRPG and WRPG).

I hardly find Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Infinite Undiscovery, and Cry On a "joke" of Japanese targeted RPGs. :|

Albeit all that said, PS3 needs to get into it's second generation of titles to really see what kind of support it's going to have. Companies like Atlus, Konami, and Nippon Ichi have been overly quite about their RPG support (some may have untitled this but I never trust that kind of announcement). They could go to the PS3, or hell they could switch it up and give their games to another one of the big three.

-RPGamer-
Thanks.. You are quite a good poster. Too bad my thread came out exactly as another similar one was out, and Cows always make false statements like poor JRPG support.. I stuck to 2007 because Its the only thing thats for sure. 2008 might be the other way around. Trying to be -fair-.
-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -RPGamer-

[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]Whilst I agree that the 360 dominates in the RPG department this year. Bioshock is not a pure RPG and Fable 2, Lost Oddyssey and Two Worlds are doubtful for this yearmythrol
Neither Two Worlds or Lost Oddyssey are doubtful for this year. Two Worlds is coming out in a couple of months actually. And Sakaguchi said he's going for a worldwide launch of Lost Oddyssey. Maybe he'll miss it. But he hasn't say anything other than "Worldwide '07" so far. Fable 2 however is almost certainly going be a 2008 game.

I don't see why people are confident Fable 2 will get pushed back.

nasos_33333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nasos_33333
Member since 2006 • 4530 Posts

Fable 2 (360)- , will have the best graphics EVER in a video game (technically + art style),
and the gameplay ideas seem over the top for next gen stuff, simply the most innovative game ever coming

Mass Effect (360)-, well getting down to a whole planet, and having such an amazing
lighting with HDR and shadows system ,which we have only seen GLIMPSES so far from
 some magazine scans (never shown a pic during proper day time yet), is just out of this world even for next gen.
The dialog system seems totally next gen too, and is a trilogy !!!

Lost Odyssey (360)-, well any game that ressembles FF series has to come 4th for me, directly after the king FF13, that one has AMAZING graphics too, and the setting seems KILLER

Blue Dragon (360)-, with GCI looking like graphics, and some stunig locales, and fluid animations, plus some info i got about some innovative features in battles and a job system,amkes this my 5th pick

Two Worlds (360)-, another Oblivion like free form game, with STUNNING graphics, i put it 6th for graphics alone, since i know nothing about actual gameplay

Bioshock (360)-, this comes 8th just because it lacks huge environments, but the graphics are STUNNING, better than most games i have seen to date, plus the gameplay seems so innovative,that this could well turn out to go up to 2ond place after Fable 2, just not yet

Overlord (360)-, well that one certaily looks great and innovates, with awhole upgradable goblin army to control, seems too cool to not come 9th

And now to the other RPG's/adventures that i know little of so i will just name them, they are less important but
could well turn out to take up the first spots too

Jade Empire 2 (this is the 10th spot, but since it is not even announced yet, it goes here)

Elveon (great graphics, but seems not like a true rpg)

Infinite Undiscovery (diablo looking like clone from Star Ocean creators)

Cry On (RPG with giants)

Trusty Bell (Looks AMAZING, and reminds me of mana series art but in full 3d)

Circle of Doom (another diablo like clone, from the well known series on xbox)

magna carta 2 (at least looked great on PS2, hopegully it is good)

Blue Dragon 2

Mass Effect 2-3

cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 cakeorrdeath

-RPGamer-

Has a release window even been anounced?
MrGrimFandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MrGrimFandango
[QUOTE="MrGrimFandango"]

-RPGamer-

FFVI technically had a female lead and it is considered by many of the series to be the best. ;)

FFXIII sounds like an excellent title, I've liked all that I read on it including the odd tidbits that made me wonder how they would be implemented (Shiva as a bike for instance).

Yea but Locke was where it was at. The story got stupid too, FFII was over all better. Cecil owns them all. I take some of what I said back, Kefka is where it was at, greatest villain in RPG in my opinion.

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 -RPGamer-
[QUOTE="-RPGamer-"]

cakeorrdeath

Not sure I've just noticed a large concensus of the year 2007. Fewer sources seem to think it'll be later.

cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 cakeorrdeath
[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"][QUOTE="-RPGamer-"]

-RPGamer-

Not sure I've just noticed a large concensus of the year 2007. Fewer sources seem to think it'll be later.

I think that is just assumption by people on forums. I don't believe it has ever been intended to be released this year.
-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -RPGamer-
[QUOTE="-RPGamer-"][QUOTE="MrGrimFandango"]

MrGrimFandango

Yea but Locke was where it was at. The story got stupid too, FFII was over all better. Cecil owns them all.

I don't agree that the "story got stupid". And the plot in FF did grow for each character, but that doesn't stop the fact that the main protagonist was Terra.

FFIV is actually one of my least favorite in the series, especially the US release of "2", which was dumbed down cake walk with zero customization.

SSJ2_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SSJ2_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 489 Posts
I think any 3rd party RPGs will eventually be multiplat. RPGs just don't sell well on xbox consoles
-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 -RPGamer-
[QUOTE="-RPGamer-"][QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"][QUOTE="-RPGamer-"]

cakeorrdeath

I think that is just assumption by people on forums. I don't believe it has ever been intended to be released this year.

When I say concensus, I am not talking about forums I'm talking about sites and/or publications. Onlya fool would reference a forum.

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 -RPGamer-

I think any 3rd party RPGs will eventually be multiplat. SSJ2_Cloud

RPG in the past have actually been one of the least likely genres to jump platforms, much more so for JRPG.

RPGs just don't sell well on xbox consolesSSJ2_Cloud

Didn't Oblivion do quite well? And Fable?

JRPGs may not sell well currently, and that's to be expected, but if more support keeps releasing good games (ie Blue Dragon), than more and more of the target market will pruchase the hardware leading to higher sales. Those higher sales possibly leading to more support. It's a positive feedback loop.

Stig-FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Stig-FTW
[QUOTE="-RPGamer-"][QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"][QUOTE="-RPGamer-"]

cakeorrdeath

I was going based on GameSpot listings. >.>
Avatar image for Willow_the_Wisp
Willow_the_Wisp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Willow_the_Wisp
Member since 2005 • 70 Posts
Why are lemmings hyping Fable2?Fable was one of the biggest flops of last gen,right up there with Killzone.
Avatar image for videogamegirl05
videogamegirl05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 videogamegirl05
Member since 2004 • 21306 Posts
I can't wait for Mass Effect...I'm buying a 360 as soon as it releases! :)
-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 -RPGamer-

Why are lemmings hyping Fable2?Fable was one of the biggest flops of last gen,right up there with Killzone.Willow_the_Wisp

I was/am still one of the biggest post Fable release naysayers. They blatantly lied about some many aspects that it's not even funny.

That being said, Fable was a well developed game that was both fun and charming outside of what it was hyped to be. The scores it received across the industry are a testament to that. So while it may have flopped it was still a pretty good game, and the franchise if done right could be one of the greats.

astiop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 astiop
Member since 2005 • 3582 Posts
Why are lemmings hyping Fable2?Fable was one of the biggest flops of last gen,right up there with Killzone.Willow_the_Wisp

It floped, but it was still a great game.
nasos_33333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nasos_33333

Hahahaha you have not played Fable right ? You comapre one of the worst shooters ever, with one AMAZING RPG, that the only bad thing about it is the hype it got and could not live up to ?

Fable had a AMAZING real time battle system, one of the most interesting i have ever played with and was UBER fun to play, plus the art style is for me the best i have ever seen in a ANY game to date, and had the very best graphics on xbox

So, Fable 2 will have by far the best graphics (art+technical) EVER, will have the stunning battle system of Fable 1 improved and a host of innovative features, that this time promised would all be in, so Fable 2 is BY FAR my most anticipated game EVER, it goes above any other game, including FF13 and Mass Effect, not that i will not get those too, but Fable 2 IS the ONE game i want most of all

Stig-FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Stig-FTW

[QUOTE="Willow_the_Wisp"]Why are lemmings hyping Fable2?Fable was one of the biggest flops of last gen,right up there with Killzone.nasos_33333

Hahahaha you have not played Fable right ? You comapre one of the worst shooters ever, with one AMAZING RPG, that the only bad thing about it is the hype it got and could not live up to ?

Fable had a AMAZING real time battle system, one of the most interesting i have ever played with and was UBER fun to play, plus the art style is for me the best i have ever seen in a ANY game to date, and had the very best graphics on xbox

So, Fable 2 will have by far the best graphics (art+technical) EVER, will have the stunning battle system of Fable 1 improved and a host of innovative features, that this time promised would all be in, so Fable 2 is BY FAR my most anticipated game EVER, it goes above any other game, including FF13 and Mass Effect, not that i will not get those too, but Fable 2 IS the ONE game i want most of all

While I anticipate Mass Effect over Fable 2, I do have to say its a poor comparison of Killzone and Fable. Fable was hyped -even more- then Killzone, but, did not get as terrible reviews as Killzone, and was a great game. Fable was a victim of hype. Killzone was a victim of the PS2's hardware.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts

[QUOTE="Willow_the_Wisp"]Why are lemmings hyping Fable2?Fable was one of the biggest flops of last gen,right up there with Killzone.nasos_33333

So, Fable 2 will have by far the best graphics (art technical) EVER, will have the stunning battle system of Fable 1 improved and a host of innovative features, that this time promised would all be in, so Fable 2 is BY FAR my most anticipated game EVER, it goes above any other game, including FF13 and Mass Effect, not that i will not get those too, but Fable 2 IS the ONE game i want most of all

Fable was a good game, but it did not even come close to living up to its hype. What makes Fable 2 any different? There has not been any in game footage only concept art and a CGI trailer. Where did you get the idea that Fable 2 is going to have the best art style ever? I would really like to know.
MrGrimFandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MrGrimFandango
[QUOTE="MrGrimFandango"][QUOTE="-RPGamer-"][QUOTE="MrGrimFandango"]

-RPGamer-

Yea but Locke was where it was at. The story got stupid too, FFII was over all better. Cecil owns them all.

I don't agree that the "story got stupid". And the plot in FF did grow for each character, but that doesn't stop the fact that the main protagonist was Terra.

FFIV is actually one of my least favorite in the series, especially the US release of "2", which was dumbed down cake walk with zero customization.

Please, FFII was amazing when it was released. Nothin was evolutionary about FFIII, next evolution in Linear RPG was CT which is the greatest of Linear RPG. FF hasnt evolved enough everyone becoming worse than the next after FF II, in my opinion.

nasos_33333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 nasos_33333
[QUOTE="nasos_33333"]

[QUOTE="Willow_the_Wisp"]Why are lemmings hyping Fable2?Fable was one of the biggest flops of last gen,right up there with Killzone.smokeydabear076

So, Fable 2 will have by far the best graphics (art technical) EVER, will have the stunning battle system of Fable 1 improved and a host of innovative features, that this time promised would all be in, so Fable 2 is BY FAR my most anticipated game EVER, it goes above any other game, including FF13 and Mass Effect, not that i will not get those too, but Fable 2 IS the ONE game i want most of all

Fable was a good game, but it did not even come close to living up to its hype. What makes Fable 2 any different? There has not been any in game footage only concept art and a CGI trailer. Where did you get the idea that Fable 2 is going to have the best art style ever? I would really like to know.

Focus is the key, now they have a RPG experience, a near perfect battle system, animations for all these ready, and many many things ready from Fable 1 experience, now they can focus on bringing far more content, and all the promised innovations from old, plus even more, there is just no chance they will not live up to the hype this time, i think failing again is not an option

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 -RPGamer-
[QUOTE="-RPGamer-"][QUOTE="MrGrimFandango"][QUOTE="-RPGamer-"][QUOTE="MrGrimFandango"]

MrGrimFandango

Please, FFII was amazing when it was released, yea I would think it would suck too if I played FF IV cause FF IV came out years later. Nothin was evolutionary about FFIII, next evolution in Linear RPG was CT which is the greatest of Linear RPG. FF hasnt evolved enough everyone becoming worse than the next after FF II, in my opinion.

FFIV is FFII. I call it what it really is not what it's originally wrongly numbered SNES release has it labelled as.

The re-release of FFIV (found in FF Chronicles(PSX)) is the better b/c it had the real difficulty that the Japanese release originally had.

FFIV (stop calling it "2" it's not that number anymore) is one of the most lead you by the hand and let you do absolutely nothing different FF titles out there. Even FFI-III had more customization in them, which is just sad considering they were NES/Famicom titles. The way I see it is besides the ramp in plot telling FF IV was actually a step backwards for the series.

Avatar image for BalancedOpinion
BalancedOpinion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BalancedOpinion
Member since 2006 • 988 Posts
Pangs of distress for PS fans. That's all I see here.