WTH?!?! PAL = no Friend Code system ?!?!?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mamalaga12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mamalaga12
Member since 2006 • 2175 Posts
UK magazine states that "the UK version of Pokemon will not have the restrictions of the friend code system"

A user over at the IGN forums has noticed some information in the latest edition of NGC magazine regarding the friend codes system for Wii.

According to the magazine, in their Pokemon Battle Revolution preview for Wii: "the UK version of Pokemon will not have the restrictions of the friend code system"

Further more, the IGN user states: Same mag says that Square Enix are in talks with Nintendo regarding online features. Nintendo say that if a game has an adult rating then they will remove the need for friend codes. Being that the rating probably covers them from any problems the codes are there to combat.

Now, we're going to wait for either the next piece of news to "go against" this news, or to support it. For the love of God, Nintendo...say something!
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
:lol:

I knew it! Those dastardly things were there to protect the children! I KNEW IT!

Man... I wish you could just register with Nintendo to avoid this whole mess... especially if this IS the case.
mirlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 mirlegend
Member since 2002 • 6737 Posts
maybe there finally going to implement gamespy and do away with the friend code nonsense, or alternatively it could be them trying to drop hints of the game not having online at all.
revolution2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 revolution2k6
Member since 2005 • 1446 Posts
death to friend codes
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Redmoonxl2
Member since 2003 • 11059 Posts

So Friend Codes are capable of being removed from their games, eh? This gives me hope. Maybe if we b*tch loud enough, Nintendo will learn the error of their ways.

We demand options, not thousand of numbers!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts
W00t!!1!
Bandit_Haze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Bandit_Haze
Member since 2005 • 4950 Posts

I knew it! Those dastardly things were there to protect the children! I KNEW IT!

Man... I wish you could just register with Nintendo to avoid this whole mess... especially if this IS the case.
foxhound_fox

that wasn't exactly a secret, nintendo stated that when they were annouced, that friend codes are designed to create a safe playing field for younger gamers..

Arsuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Arsuz
Member since 2003 • 2318 Posts
For once it is not Europe that gets screwed! Ö ZOMG!!!!
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
that wasn't exactly a secret, nintendo stated that when they were annouced, that friend codes are designed to create a safe playing field for younger gamers..Bandit_Haze

Well, I learned something new today. See. I did not know that.
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Redmoonxl2
Screw the kids. If they are unable to perform common sense in the online space like not giving out every piece of personal information and not meeting that "fellow" 12 year old at the park, they shouldn't be online in the first place.
mamalaga12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mamalaga12
WTF Update! - Have N-Gamer made a mistake? Falafelkid over at nintend-revolution.blogspot has contacted the editor of the magazine, and the editor had this to say: Unfortunately, the curse of the magazine lead time has struck again. Since we wrote this piece -- with the understanding that our information was correct -- Nintendo has seemingly confirmed that Pokemon Battle Revolution *will* use game-specific Friend Codes. So, the game will use friend-codes, that much is a given. However, we are still not sure if it will use a single, unified code system or individual codes for each game.
mamalaga12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mamalaga12
I am providing the link so people don't think i am making this up! http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=10303
StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts
Screw the kids. If they are unable to perform common sense in the online space like not giving out every piece of personal information and not meeting that "fellow" 12 year old at the park, they shouldn't be online in the first place.Redmoonxl2
Well its true that kids are usually a bunch of idiots but in most cases so are their parents..... [QUOTE="mamalaga12"]WTF Update! - Have N-Gamer made a mistake? Falafelkid over at nintend-revolution.blogspot has contacted the editor of the magazine, and the editor had this to say: Unfortunately, the curse of the magazine lead time has struck again. Since we wrote this piece -- with the understanding that our information was correct -- Nintendo has seemingly confirmed that Pokemon Battle Revolution *will* use game-specific Friend Codes. So, the game will use friend-codes, that much is a given. However, we are still not sure if it will use a single, unified code system or individual codes for each game.

Crap. [QUOTE="mamalaga12"]I am providing the link so people don't think i am making this up! http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=10303

Thanks.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

foxhound_fox
Who didn't ? :|
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Redmoonxl2

[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"]Screw the kids. If they are unable to perform common sense in the online space like not giving out every piece of personal information and not meeting that "fellow" 12 year old at the park, they shouldn't be online in the first place.StealthSting
Well its true that kids are usually a bunch of idiots but in most cases so are their parents.....

In most cases both are guilty of idiocy. Parents should be on their kids' ass 24/7 if need be and kids should exercise basic common sense. 

88Ghost89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 88Ghost89
Member since 2004 • 1618 Posts

Screw the kids. If they are unable to perform common sense in the online space like not giving out every piece of personal information and not meeting that "fellow" 12 year old at the park, they shouldn't be online in the first place.Redmoonxl2

Kids are a large part of the gaming industry and Nintendo has always managed to grab those consumers. They get them because parents trust the name Nintendo. It has made gamers think of Nintendo as the kiddie console, even though they target everyone. No other platform has what they have and Nintendo wants to secure it. Why do you think Viva Piniata did so bad in sales?

Yeah it sucks for Nintendo gamers, but they still think about us with their hardcore games, and maybe now they will fix this friend code thing...

BlazeDragon132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 BlazeDragon132
Member since 2006 • 7951 Posts
I think Nintendo will have a fully developed online system for Europe. US is getting the quickly made one that the Japan had for PBR. This gives me hope though, the next online game won't have friend codes. Yeah!
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Redmoonxl2

[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"]Screw the kids. If they are unable to perform common sense in the online space like not giving out every piece of personal information and not meeting that "fellow" 12 year old at the park, they shouldn't be online in the first place.88Ghost89

Kids are a large part of the gaming industry and Nintendo has always managed to grab those consumers. They get them because parents trust the name Nintendo. It has made gamers think of Nintendo as the kiddie console, even though they target everyone. No other platform has what they have and Nintendo wants to secure it. Why do you think Viva Piniata did so bad in sales?

Yeah it sucks for Nintendo gamers, but they still think about us with their hardcore games, and maybe now they will fix this friend code thing...

I never stated that kids weren't a large part of the gaming industry. However, that still doesn't excuse the piss poor online system that Nintendo implimented when other companies have done a better job making a secure, indepth and easy to use online system.

The fact is that if parents are relying on Nintendo to protect their own kids, they failed completely as parents. Nintendo should not be playing babysitter for kids and screwing over the adults who grew up with Nintendo. How this for an idea, parents? Take away the headset if you don't want your kids sharing information online with strangers. Better yet, start treating the online portion of any game as a M rated game. Here's an idea for you, Nintendo: Put in a system that allows you to make different accounts. If the bearer of one of the accounts is 14 and under, automatically disable all chat functions outside those who have friend codes. Very simple solutions.

And I don't see how Viva Pinata fits into the equation at all.