WTF Microsoft...Great Job

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@dakur said:
@Pedro said:

People are just silly. Microsoft does not owe PC gamers anything and Microsoft is not for PC gaming because they care. These companies are in it for the money and rightfully so. They make changes for the money not because they care or they saw the light. Not "trusting" Microsoft is a silly notion because they are not any different for any multi-billion dollar company. Gamers have to get over the idea of personifying companies.

BS there are big companies out there that behave much more openly than MS so why not give MS shit for their refusal to update itself to a time where technology should be more open and transparent for everyone?

And there are corporations that seem to think its all good to decide for me, their customer, what it is I value like EA access or mods in my games. Don't even try to paint a picture of one having negatives while the one you worship is squeaky clean.

I don't worship any company, certainly not Sony. Sony is not one of the good guys. I just like to mess up with lems here. I realize though that there are better companies than others for the industry. I just happen to think MS is one of the worst since they have too much power and they are trying to make very basic technology that is closed to their systems and affects the whole insdustry as the standard. I'm pretty sure Sony or Nintendo would love to do the same but they don't have the power so they're not really so harmful. I'm ok with proprietary technology but not it dominating everything. Even Steam has been trying to get off MS grip but they are not so powerful. I like companies like CDProjekt whose philosophy is to be as open as possible but I don't worship them.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

Microsoft and the xbox brand havee really turned things around in the past year and a half in terms of gaming. If they can keep this trend going I don't see how Sony or Nintendo compete.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@darkangel115: never said they didnt...whats your point?

And besides I have never bought a game through origin or uplay, I dindt buy any games from ubisoft at all for about 4 years after the allways online bullshit. And I never pay full price for EA games as quite often you dont get a complete game from them until after all the dlc has been released...

I vote with my wallet and I dont accept simething and go "oh well" just because another company does it.

Even withot ms,bliz,ea and ubi I still have too many games to play, so f**k all of them :p

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@naz99 said:

@darkangel115: never said they didnt...whats your point?

And besides I have never bought a game through origin or uplay, I dindt buy any games from ubisoft at all for about 4 years after the allways online bullshit. And I never pay full price for EA games as quite often you dont get a complete game from them until after all the dlc has been released...

I vote with my wallet and I dont accept simething and go "oh well" just because another company does it.

Even withot ms,bliz,ea and ubi I still have too many games to play, so f**k all of them :p

I will too :D

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#55 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@dakur: Yeah sure thing.

Phreek300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56  Edited By Phreek300
Member since 2007 • 672 Posts

I will say while the XBone is not my favorite system this generation, it has done well enough to garner my respect. Phil Spencer is a giant part of that equation. Give credit where it is due. He seems like a guy I would genuinely like unlike Andrew House. Sonys recent blunders are only making Microsoft look better. When I buy the 1080TI I'm not sure what to do with the One. I suppose it might get used with multiplayer games with my friends. It's a Destiny and KI machine at the moment.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

Windows Store? Lolololol, hell no!

Until these dipshits divorce their games from the POS windows store I won't be supporting them with a single penny.

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

It's great to be able to play the few good X1 "exclusives" without having to buy the console. If it's good business for MS on the other hand is another question. They are pretty much giving people more reasons not to buy a MS console. The best solution this gen is having a PS4 and a PC.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 waahahah
Member since 2014 • 2462 Posts

@Martin_G_N said:

It's great to be able to play the few good X1 "exclusives" without having to buy the console. If it's good business for MS on the other hand is another question. They are pretty much giving people more reasons not to buy a MS console. The best solution this gen is having a PS4 and a PC.

You're perspective is warped by system wars. A game being on two platforms isn't a reason to NOT buy one of the platforms. It just means you won't need the second platform. But at the end of the day it means dev's will stay invested in the XBOX platform which is now both windows/console. It also means if you want to play some games from the couch and you've got many of the PC games that are shared, you can buy an xbox instead of a more expensive secondary PC. Its a good move for M$ because it means their platforms have a more friendly ecosystem for consumers.

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

@waahahah: They won't sell as much hardware which is sort of a big investment for them in the first place. Sounds more like they are planning to leave the console market, and get everyone to have a windows pc to game on. If all they're games are available on PC, why buy a console to play the exact same games?

That solution would be fine for us consumers, people won't need to buy an overpriced PC from MS if they can choose a much cheaper and better product from elsewhere.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 waahahah
Member since 2014 • 2462 Posts

@Martin_G_N said:

@waahahah: They won't sell as much hardware which is sort of a big investment for them in the first place. Sounds more like they are planning to leave the console market, and get everyone to have a windows pc to game on. If all they're games are available on PC, why buy a console to play the exact same games?

That solution would be fine for us consumers, people won't need to buy an overpriced PC from MS if they can choose a much cheaper and better product from elsewhere.

Hardware isn't a high margin item, software/services is. Their goal is to keep developers developing for their platform so consumers can keep buying software for that platform. Again its not a reason to NOT buy something if a game is on that system. Owning a system you can already play it on is a reason to not buy that system. But for any one else looking at platforms a game on a system is a definte reason to buy that system, and if its not on another system (ps4 in this case) it holds greater value.

If all the games you want are available on xbox why buy a PC? See how that works? You're implicitly declaring PC the only choice which is stupid. Consoles have less hackers, less bugs in their games, standardized on controllers (so if you want to say play bf1 on the couch with a controller a PC is a terrible choice... unless you like eating shit in the MP), a single service to deal with (every publisher has to have a piece of the service pie on PC).

The fact that with microsoft I have the option for power at all costs and flexibility vs a cost effective, simpler, and more reliable platform is great. Its even great that I'll be able to use both with the same game library the way they are going so I still have incentive to buy a secondary system with xbox if I want to be able to play with the benefits of a console.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@GhostHawk196 said:

I'm happy Microsoft exclusives are now on PC, it would have been awesome having the Gears of War trilogy on PC during the 360 generation however the question remains, where does the Xbox Slim/Scorpio fit if everything runs faster and smoother on PC? What's the point of owning a system inferior in every single way? I can plug my PC into the TV as well and if carrying it around is too much of a hassle I can simply get a Mini Itx board and PSU and chuck my other components into a case the same size as the Xbone giving the same portability.

Would you do that assembly for 694,000 units per month without being paid for it? One of the main goals for "System on Chip" is to reduce labor cost.

@Martin_G_N said:

From Ubisoft's financials and most Ubisoft's games are mostly multi-platform games and Xbox One's attach rate is excellent.

Similar result from Activision

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#63 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

Well, ms have got nothing to lose by going cross platform. Not like they had any decent exclusives...

Sony on the other hand, are no doubt well aware that many only buy their consoles for the exclusives so there's probably fat chance that they'll go cross platform - but hey it'd be nice if they did though!

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 napo_sp
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts

well it never made business and common sense that microsoft gaming IPs were not available on the biggest microsoft platform anyway...

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@AzatiS said:
@demi0227_basic said:

PC has been ignored in recent years from Microsoft...after the birth of the Xbox One.

I wanted to drop a thread to say, as a gamer (95 percent pc, but I own both PS4 and Xbox One S) Microsoft is finally making some really great moves. Cross platform is a phenomenal idea (I have a steam link and xbox one in my bedroom too...so lots of options). Just read Gears 4 has local split screen on pc (Great for my 4k hdr/7.1 thx surround setup in living room), unlocked frame rate (So I can use my 1440p/144hz Swift Rog, also in the living room). Forza Horizon 3 I'm sure I'll put in hundreds of hours, mostly on PC (or Xbox one in my bedroom, or Xbox one S in living room) as I own every car in Forza 6.

Years and years of lame promises have really turned around recently for Microsoft. Sure...they can maybe iron out some wrinkles (Launch day woes, for instance) but I'm really impressed with Microsoft's efforts recently.

How about you guys? What do you think about Microsoft's moves? Please feel free to insert some random Microsoft hate nonsense...or contribute to the thread.

Oh really ?

As a PC gamer myself also which in the end of the day it benefits me for MS to release their major games on PC im not blind enough to tell this is happening because of X1 fail sales.

If you really think that MS would give a crap about PC gaming or crossplay if X1 had X360 success or better , then you need to reconsider.

So , with that being said , i refuse to say thanks to MS because its not about their efforts towards PC gaming rather than their efforts towards extra $$ which losing from X1. That is a totally different concept you should consider before you say thanks to someone. As you said , years and years of lame promises ... Why ? Because X360 was doing great , they didnt have any problems with cash.

Now , take this as nonsense all i care , it is what it is. Should i thanks MS ? No freaking way. In the end of the day i dont care about any of their games aside maybe Gears 4 plus the last thing i want is another platform/store like STEAM to have to deal with. ( There is a way to bypass it though )

Xbox one sales are not failing though, thats where you lose the argument, they mayu not be as good as the Ps4 but thats because the Ps4's sales this gen are the Exception not the rule.

Xbox one sales have been increasing year on year and Since the release of the Xbox one S sales have gone through the roof.

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/409663/Xbox+One+console+sales+increasing+year-on-year/

http://thisgengaming.com/2016/09/08/xbox-one-s-sales-increase-by-111-on-amazon-after-sonys-ps4-pro-event/

http://www.geeksultd.com/2016/08/xbox-sales-increased-75-release-xbox-one-s/

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#66 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@delta3074 said:
@AzatiS said:
@demi0227_basic said:

PC has been ignored in recent years from Microsoft...after the birth of the Xbox One.

I wanted to drop a thread to say, as a gamer (95 percent pc, but I own both PS4 and Xbox One S) Microsoft is finally making some really great moves. Cross platform is a phenomenal idea (I have a steam link and xbox one in my bedroom too...so lots of options). Just read Gears 4 has local split screen on pc (Great for my 4k hdr/7.1 thx surround setup in living room), unlocked frame rate (So I can use my 1440p/144hz Swift Rog, also in the living room). Forza Horizon 3 I'm sure I'll put in hundreds of hours, mostly on PC (or Xbox one in my bedroom, or Xbox one S in living room) as I own every car in Forza 6.

Years and years of lame promises have really turned around recently for Microsoft. Sure...they can maybe iron out some wrinkles (Launch day woes, for instance) but I'm really impressed with Microsoft's efforts recently.

How about you guys? What do you think about Microsoft's moves? Please feel free to insert some random Microsoft hate nonsense...or contribute to the thread.

Oh really ?

As a PC gamer myself also which in the end of the day it benefits me for MS to release their major games on PC im not blind enough to tell this is happening because of X1 fail sales.

If you really think that MS would give a crap about PC gaming or crossplay if X1 had X360 success or better , then you need to reconsider.

So , with that being said , i refuse to say thanks to MS because its not about their efforts towards PC gaming rather than their efforts towards extra $$ which losing from X1. That is a totally different concept you should consider before you say thanks to someone. As you said , years and years of lame promises ... Why ? Because X360 was doing great , they didnt have any problems with cash.

Now , take this as nonsense all i care , it is what it is. Should i thanks MS ? No freaking way. In the end of the day i dont care about any of their games aside maybe Gears 4 plus the last thing i want is another platform/store like STEAM to have to deal with. ( There is a way to bypass it though )

Xbox one sales are not failing though, thats where you lose the argument, they mayu not be as good as the Ps4 but thats because the Ps4's sales this gen are the Exception not the rule.

Xbox one sales have been increasing year on year and Since the release of the Xbox one S sales have gone through the roof.

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/409663/Xbox+One+console+sales+increasing+year-on-year/

http://thisgengaming.com/2016/09/08/xbox-one-s-sales-increase-by-111-on-amazon-after-sonys-ps4-pro-event/

http://www.geeksultd.com/2016/08/xbox-sales-increased-75-release-xbox-one-s/

How many price cuts and offers X1 had since its release in order to push sales ? They even remodeled the original version for further price cut in its first year ! Thats how you justifying if X1 is doing good ? Sorry i pass !

The issue here is under what terms and circumstances PS4 sold up till now and under what the X1 ... X1 had a very rough road , specially at the start. And it was right that moment that MS decided to go Pc way.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#67 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17812 Posts

Any move to unite gamers on a single platform is to be commended. I very much appreciate what MS is doing and have been asking for it for a long time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#68 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@Pedro said:

People are just silly. Microsoft does not owe PC gamers anything and Microsoft is not for PC gaming because they care. These companies are in it for the money and rightfully so. They make changes for the money not because they care or they saw the light. Not "trusting" Microsoft is a silly notion because they are not any different for any multi-billion dollar company. Gamers have to get over the idea of personifying companies.

That's not really true. I think the people currently running the Xbox division really care about gaming, and they want to create new, and better stuff for this world when it comes to gaming. Sure it needs to be profitable, but Phil Spencer really likes gaming, and really cares about it. Just like Elon Musk cares about the environment, and the mysteries of the universe, which is why he is doing Tesla (environment), SolarCity (environment), and SpaceX (universe).