Wow I guess 2008 is going to a FANTASTIC Year for PS3

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

We have just entered 08 and already we have recieved nothing but positive news about PS3 week after week. I reckon that bashing the PS3 at this point is pretty foolish while last year it was quite justified. Now PS3 has the quality titles, a better price point and Blu-ray has proven to be a worthy features of PS3 while last year people assumed it was unnecessary. PS3 has only just started proving it's dominance and throughout this year you will see established killer-app franchises, amazing new features and much more.

This year is going to be a fantastic year to own a PS3, I can't wait to get my very own PS3 in June when MGS4 will be released. MGS4 will be the first game I put inside my PS3 and it's going to be an experience which will be unforgetable.

So guys what feature/game are you most looking forward to on PS3 this year ?

Taz-Bone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Taz-Bone
Member since 2004 • 1388 Posts
It will be better than it's first year that's for sure.
vitz3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 vitz3
Member since 2004 • 1884 Posts

It will be better than it's first year that's for sure.Taz-Bone

Considering it ate the 360's lunch last year I'd say yeah.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#4 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
I could have sworn there was a topic for this... http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26189951 Well look at that! It's stickied and everything!
dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 dsmccracken
Member since 2003 • 7307 Posts

We have just entered 08 and already we have recieved nothing but positive news about PS3 week after week. I reckon that bashing the PS3 at this point is pretty foolish while last year it was quite justified. Now PS3 has the quality titles, a better price point and Blu-ray has proven to be a worthy features of PS3 while last year people assumed it was unnecessary. PS3 has only just started proving it's dominance and throughout this year you will see established killer-app franchises, amazing new features and much more.

This year is going to be a fantastic year to own a PS3, I can't wait to get my very own PS3 in June when MGS4 will be released. MGS4 will be the first game I put inside my PS3 and it's going to be an experience which will be unforgetable.

Swift_Boss_A

Definitely the Bluray and the superior standard dvd upscaling... games-wise I'd say MGS4, Uncharted (not a 2008 release, but since I don't have it yet...), whatever that baseball game is called, can't remember, and FF in the unlikely event it makes this year.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Swift_Boss_A

I could have sworn there was a topic for this... http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26189951 Well look at that! It's stickied and everything!musicalmac

This is not a PS3vs360 topic. I just want to know what you guys are looking forward to on PS3 this year ? since basically now and onward it will be really hard to bash and dismiss the PS3 as well as resist.

ndrewn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ndrewn
Member since 2006 • 605 Posts
Well I would look forward to getting MGS4 if I maybe get a PS3, but when will Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 come out? Anyways I think that the games on the PS3 look cool and for gaming 2008 will be awesome aswell:D
dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dsmccracken
Member since 2003 • 7307 Posts
R&C too... and maybe LBP. Definitely not Resistence 2 or Killzone 2.
krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts
probably nothing, maybe MGS4 just to see how the story arc from the second is continued but I'll have to convince my PS3 friend to buy it
agentfred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 agentfred
Member since 2003 • 5666 Posts

[QUOTE="Taz-Bone"]It will be better than it's first year that's for sure.vitz3

I'm pretty sure it got handily beaten though...

Ps. I'm not talking about sales.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts
OGTiago is banned? :shock::cry:
Avatar image for TheDarkDisciple
TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheDarkDisciple
Member since 2004 • 3564 Posts
blog. and don't you guys get tired of saying the same stuff?
mnvike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mnvike
Member since 2007 • 362 Posts

I can't wait to get my very own PS3 in June

Swift_Boss_A

I can't waif for you to finally get a PS3 either. Maybe you will spend some time playing the thing instead of praising it all day long.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Swift_Boss_A

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

mnvike

I can't waif for you to finally get a PS3 either. Maybe you will spend some time playing the thing instead of praising it all day long.

lol I bet you would not have said that if I praise the 360 without having one.

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts

Now PS3 has the quality titles,

Swift_Boss_A

what quality titles have released in 08 thus far where you can make this statement?

cuz as far as i know, the library hasnt changed since 2007 ended...

maabus99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 maabus99
Member since 2006 • 970 Posts

Swift_Boss_A

Fascinating that I've seen a ton of (pro) PS3 topics from you yet you've never owned one?

You're a secret hermit aren't yah? Come on, you love your PC!

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts
what quality titles came to the PS3 exclusively atm?
CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CommanderTy
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts
Dont forget Home i know its not a game but im most anticipating this more than some of the 2008 ps3 game line up i cant wait for it to come out!!!
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="mnvike"]

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

Swift_Boss_A

Not eevrybody has a double standard. I would telll you the same thing. I don't understand how you can support something you don't own. How do you know the PS3 or the 360 is so great if you don't own it?
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Swift_Boss_A
[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"][QUOTE="mnvike"]

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

too_much_eslim

Not eevrybody has a double standard. I would telll you the same thing. I don't understand how you can support something you don't own. How do you know the PS3 or the 360 is so great if you don't own it?

Quite simple actually and I have explained it before too. The titles I enjoy on PS2 are 1st/2nd party titles along with a few 3rd party titles like MGS, Tekken, DMC & SSX. Anyway since I mostly enjoy the 1st party titles of PS2 which current gen console do you think is right for me, PS3 or 360 ?

Necromancer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Necromancer5
Member since 2005 • 239 Posts
I can't wait for Final Fantasy XIII if it even comes out 08 :*(
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46466 Posts
Aren't there like A LOT of these thread praising PS3s 2008 ?
But yes 2008 is gonna be an amazing year for all four systems ;)
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"][QUOTE="mnvike"]

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

Swift_Boss_A

Quite simple actually and I have explained it before too. The titles I enjoy on PS2 are 1st/2nd party titles along with a few 3rd party titles like MGS, Tekken, DMC & SSX. Anyway since I mostly enjoy the 1st party titles of PS2 which current gen console do you think is right for me, PS3 or 360 ?

You haven't played the first party titles of the PS3 yet though. Also based on the reviews they have all been ok to good games, nothing great. While I agree PS3 is your best choice because you want MGS4 and Tekken 6, you should at least check out the competition before saying the PS3 is the best console for you. I am mean I was once a fan of Nintendo and I am not anymore because of the wii. The PS360 is the best combination. Only Nintendo fanboys claim that they have basically the same Library. It is totally not true.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Swift_Boss_A
[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"][QUOTE="mnvike"]

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

too_much_eslim

You haven't played the first party titles of the PS3 yet though. Also based on the reviews they have all been ok to good games, nothing great. While I agree PS3 is your best choice because you want MGS4 and Tekken 6, you should at least check out the competition before saying the PS3 is the best console for you. I am mean I was once a fan of Nintendo and I am not anymore because of the wii. The PS360 is the best combination. Only Nintendo fanboys claim that they have basically the same Library. It is totally not true.

While I would love to buy 2 systems mainly Wii & PS3 I just can't afford it in the long run, what I mean is that buying great games for both systems will be quite expensive so I refer to concentrate on one system and all the titles coming up on that particular system. I may not have a PS3 but I always keep my eye on the PS3 and I believe this year is perfect to own one especiall when MGS4 is released.

saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 saolin323
Member since 2007 • 3121 Posts
Well, i do not see how this will a fantastic year without a single RPG or adventure or action title on PS3
JTH_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#26 JTH_22
Member since 2005 • 1438 Posts

[QUOTE="Taz-Bone"]It will be better than it's first year that's for sure.vitz3

While I agree with TC and do see a great year ahead for the PS3 I have to wonder what someone's smoking when they claim the PS3 "ate the 360's lunch".

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

Now PS3 has the quality titles

PS3 has only just started proving it's dominance and throughout this year you will see established killer-app franchises, amazing new features and much more.

Swift_Boss_A

Now PS3 has quality titles? Well what amazing games have released in 2008 so far? I mean if we are talking about "NOW" as you say then what was released in January or the 1st day of February? Keep in mind that you always preach exclusives.

PS3 has only just started proving its dominance? Too many people seem to forget that there is this thing called the Nintendo Wii.

Anyways back to looking for the 20GB/60GB. A PS3 without Full B/C is not a PS3 I want.

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts
I find it funny just a few months ago people were jsut talking about how PS3 is going to Die out this gen and be a massive failure.
AIH_PSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 AIH_PSP
Member since 2005 • 2318 Posts
I can't wait for MGS4, Resistance 2, KZ2, LBP, and Home.
Gta3-fan334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Gta3-fan334
Member since 2004 • 1499 Posts
I don't get whats so great about the ps3's '08 lineup, it seems equal to the 360s. Heck, half of the games in both library's might flop.:o
cell1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 cell1138
Member since 2006 • 1758 Posts
we told ya to wait until 08 :D
dipper145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dipper145
Member since 2007 • 1425 Posts
lmao i dont see where you get thise "good news" for ps3 "week after week" and that "2008 is going to a fantastic year for the ps3" I would stop posting so you dont embarass yourself even more. the majority of people know that ps3 is not worth owning at this time, and if you've already bought one then the joke is on you.
CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 CommanderTy
What no Home love!?!?!?!? aw come on Home has got to be #1 on my ps3 list for 2008!!!
Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

Yep the 2008 line up for the PS3 has potential. Its just too bad 2008 started with a not the good kind of bang Sony needed. Delays, cancellations, discontinuations, and games like DMC4 are announced to be cheaper on the other consoles.

CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CommanderTy
lmao i dont see where you get thise "good news" for ps3 "week after week" and that "2008 is going to a fantastic year for the ps3" I would stop posting so you dont embarass yourself even more. the majority of people know that ps3 is not worth owning at this time, and if you've already bought one then the joke is on you.dipper145
Who are you to speak for most people? I mean come on this thread is supposed to be a good vibe for Ps3 not trash it with your fanboy remarks jeez you people ruin the world of gaming!!!
polkastripe-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 polkastripe-
Member since 2008 • 332 Posts
well no year could be as bad for sony as 07 was... oh wait maybe it can
insomnia37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 insomnia37
Member since 2004 • 1442 Posts
I'm definitely looking forward to Home, KZ2, MGSIV, FFXIII and Tekken 6.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
I'm taking the "wait and see" approach. I still need to see some proof of life.
Azhar85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#39 Azhar85
Member since 2007 • 488 Posts
we will see about this hyped.....
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Swift_Boss_A
[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

Now PS3 has the quality titles

PS3 has only just started proving it's dominance and throughout this year you will see established killer-app franchises, amazing new features and much more.

Blackbond

Now PS3 has quality titles? Well what amazing games have released in 2008 so far? I mean if we are talking about "NOW" as you say then what was released in January or the 1st day of February? Keep in mind that you always preach exclusives.

PS3 has only just started proving its dominance? Too many people seem to forget that there is this thing called the Nintendo Wii.

Well Uncharted, R&C Future, Wahawk, UT3, COD4 & Assassins Creed are great titles for the PS3 which does warrent a purchase in my opinion along with features like free online, Blu-ray.

I don't always preach exclusives :P it's just that in SW you have to mention exclusives titles for a system to look good.

Also I agree no one can deny Wii's.

Blommen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Blommen
Member since 2003 • 1337 Posts

I'm sorry but I have to be honest here. TC you make a large number of threads about the ps3 that has this and can do that yet you don't own one. Sorry but am I the only one who finds this annoying? One thing is to talk about how good games are without them being released(not just you) but you don't own the ******* console yet so how are we going to take anything you say about it seriously? Wait until you get it, maybe you won't even like it?!?

Sorry if I'm sounding a bit harsh but I just find it very silly...

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Blackbond

Well Uncharted, R&C Future, Wahawk, UT3, COD4 & Assassins Creed are great titles for the PS3 which does warrent a purchase in my opinion along with features like free online, Blu-ray.

I don't always preach exclusives :P it's just that in SW you have to mention exclusives titles for a system to look good.

Also I agree no one can deny Wii's.

Swift_Boss_A

Yeah sure you don't. Like how when you say half the 360 line up is on PS3 or PC right?

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Blackbond

I'm sorry but I have to be honest here. TC you make a large number of threads about the ps3 that has this and can do that yet you don't own one. Sorry but am I the only one who finds this annoying?

Blommen

I think everyone finds it annoying. Its obviously not that good if a die hard like him doesn't own one. That's the perception he gives off anyways.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Swift_Boss_A
[QUOTE="Blommen"]

I'm sorry but I have to be honest here. TC you make a large number of threads about the ps3 that has this and can do that yet you don't own one. Sorry but am I the only one who finds this annoying?

Blackbond

I think everyone finds it annoying. Its obviously not that good if a die hard like him doesn't own one. That's the perception he gives off anyways.

lol so in order to praise the PS3 I must buy one 1st ? Don't you have to get to know the console before you buy one ? oh don't worry I will buy the PS3 but if you or some else is getting annoyed by me praising the PS3 then frankly I have no idea why you reply to my pro-PS3 threads. I praise the PS3 not out of blindness, the PS3 like the PS1&2 will have great long-term success full of great 1st/2nd and 3rd party titles. I'll bet my hat on that :P

krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts
[QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="Blommen"]

Swift_Boss_A

lol so in order to praise the PS3 I must buy one 1st ? Don't you have to get to know the console before you buy one ? oh don't worry I will buy the PS3 but if you or some else is getting annoyed by me praising the PS3 then frankly I have no idea why you reply to my pro-PS3 threads. I praise the PS3 not out of blindness, the PS3 like the PS1&2 will have great long-term success full of great 1st/2nd and 3rd party titles. I'll bet my hat on that :P

no PS3? you own no PS3?

Damn...

D0013ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 D0013ER
Member since 2007 • 3765 Posts
Just in case it hasn't been said enough: You don't even have a PS3? Lol wut??
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="Blommen"]

Swift_Boss_A

1. lol so in order to praise the PS3 I must buy one 1st?
  2. Don't you have to get to know the console before you buy one ?

Please tell me how you get to know one if you don't own one or if you haven't tried one. You have never given hands on impressions with PS3 or any PS3 game. So yeah I call your above statements contradictory.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Blackbond
Swift have you ever played a PS3?
DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts
I find it funny just a few months ago ignorant fanboys were just talking about how PS3 is going to Die out this gen and be a massive failure. black_awpN1
fixed. :wink:
tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tmntPunchout
Member since 2007 • 3770 Posts
[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"][QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="Blommen"]

Blackbond

1. lol so in order to praise the PS3 I must buy one 1st?
  2. Don't you have to get to know the console before you buy one ?

Please tell me how you get to know one if you don't own one or if you haven't tried one. You have never given hands on impressions with PS3 or any PS3 game. So yeah I call your above statements contradictory.

There are multiple number of reasons he can praise the PS3. He might not own one yet, but he could have played one. If he hasn't played one yet, he is probably looking at the track record of the developers for 2008. MGS and FF has always been a solid series. Resistance 2 as long as it improves on Resistance 1 will be good. There are also those skeptical titles that are hyped on graphics alone like Killzone. LBP just looks interesting and I'm sure other games look interesting as well but idk what they are right now.

It's just like how people 'knew' halo 3 would be good before it was released thus the 360 is good if we're going by SW logic. Better games make a better system.