Would you rather get an Xbox One X or a new PC?

• 110 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By SolidGame_basic

Poll Would you rather get an Xbox One X or a new PC? (133 votes)

Xbox One X 44%
New PC 56%

I like the idea of the Xbox One X as a console. Having a heavy hitter like that in such a small form and at a $500 price point is awesome. But the big drawback is lack of exclusives. PC would have the same hardware plus exclusives. If MS had made a bigger investment in software, I would get one. But for now it's PC for me. What about you, SW? Which one would you choose?

• 
NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#51 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:
@NoodleFighter said:

I'd rather have a $500 PC even if the graphics may not be as good as a Xbox One X, but at least it has some pros to it like free online, mods, use any controller I want, tons of games only for PC, come out for PC first, or are not on Xbox like Nier Automata and Hellblade, real backwards compatibility, lots of game sales, oh yeah and I can choose what graphic settings I want for games while you're stuck with whatever devs give you on Xbox One X.

With all future Xbox exclusives coming to PC I have little incentive to get one, Xbox has simply turned into a multiplat console.

Too much common sense mate... I've just shocked how this isn't 99% of the responses to this thread.

I mean, its one thing to say "convenience, I prefer a couch" (as tacky as that) but any other argument is just border line delusional. System Wars, a place where consolites have always said "Hah PC gamers pay £500+ for upgraded graphics, lame!" and here come the handful of remaining xbox fanboys... buying a £400 UPGRADE to their console.. with the same damn s*itty CPU ... and then claiming this is the best value device on the market?

the delusion....

Xbox fanboys denial meter has turned up drastical ever since Crackdown 3 got delayed to 2018. To be honest what good is the powerful hardware when Microsoft lacks first party talent to take advantage of it. I won't be surprised if most XB1X are just PC Ultra/High settings with a couple of tweaks. Even if you ignore all Xbox exclusives coming to PC you can't deny how weak the Xbox One exclusive lineup is now.

People I know that were hardcore fans of halo, gears, and Xbox have given up and made the switch to PS4 or PC because it is too hard to deny how superior both platforms are to the Xbox One.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@SinjinSmythe said:

PC blows. X is where it is at.

Maybe if you're a dude bro. ;)

"Whoa, dude, you play that new Call of Duty game yet!? I hear they're going back to WW2, how innovative!" - Dude bro #4564

Yeah because the game's not coming to PC right as there's no dude bros there. PC master race user #1

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I would rather spend $500 upgrading my gaming PC. But I would never recommend anyone buy a $500 PC for gaming unless it was a dedicated classic games machine

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@mark1974 said:

For me the choice is always console. Whenever I'm on a thread in an Internet forum about a game I love it is always filled with posts about how to fix this game from crashing on my PC or what settings should I use because I can't get the game to run properly and all that crap. And then its comments about disabling this and doing that and I just can't be bothered with it all. I know you guys are getting triggered right about now and that's fine. I'm glad the PC is the bestest video game experience for you ever but I will stick with consoles if you don't mind.

...just answering the question and all...

Maybe in 1994. PC gaming has made a lot of strides since those days.

With driver updates and Nvidia Game Ready such nonsense is a thing of the past. My PS4 Pro crashes more than my PC and with Geforce Experience I don't need to mess around with settings. I just click the OPTIMIZE button and I'm playing with the best possible settings for my rig. I can then go and tweak the settings if I want to or I can ignore it and still get the best all round performance/settings for PC.

The only advantage consoles have over PCs nowadays is price. PCs are still more expensive to get into but all the excuses like "It's plug and play" and "I just like to use a controller" are pretty much moot. I'm a life long console and PC gamer and have been gaming since 1989 and I can tell you that consoles are becoming more and more like PCs with every generation. The more consoles become like PCs the more their advantages erode away.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 NoodleFighter

@i_p_daily said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@SinjinSmythe said:

"Whoa, dude, you play that new Call of Duty game yet!? I hear they're going back to WW2, how innovative!" - Dude bro #4564

Yeah because the game's not coming to PC right as there's no dude bros there. PC master race user #1

Not as many people will be playing it on PC though

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@quadknight: really, the only issues I have during modern PC gaming is when using mods - and that's 100% optional and a clear "this is on you" situation. It's literally no more finicky or difficult to game on Steam than on the PS4 unless you go out if your way to find some busted port or POS bugridden mess of a game (in which case, if it exists on console as well it is typically no gem there either)

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@xantufrog: Well said. Yup, I only run into problems with mods or extremely bad ports (usually Japanese). Even then those issues are very easy to overcome with the help of forums and Youtube videos. Even busted up ports can be fixed nowadays thanks to the modding community.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Xbox One X, though I'm guessing without looking at the poll the overwhelming majority would go PC. That's not meant to sound snarky. I think PC is great for those interested. Just not for me.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

I already have a beastly PC

Now I will have a beast console to go with it. I'm all about power thats why im PC/Xbox one console owner strongest console, strongest PC

Sounds like compensating for something.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

I've never gamed on PC's and I wouldn't even know where to begin building one on my own. Im sure I could find videos on how to make my own, but with two kids (one of them being less than a month old) my time is limited as is.

So I preordered an X because I want to take advantage of my 4K TV. I got my Switch for Ninty exclusives and games I'd like to play on the go, PS4 for Sony exclusives and my X coming to play all the third party games with the highest fidelity (barring powerful PC's) and with the best standard controller (I consider the Switch Pro to be better the Xbox One controller, but it isn't the standard controller and the DS4 is just shit).

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

@quadknight said:
@mark1974 said:

For me the choice is always console. Whenever I'm on a thread in an Internet forum about a game I love it is always filled with posts about how to fix this game from crashing on my PC or what settings should I use because I can't get the game to run properly and all that crap. And then its comments about disabling this and doing that and I just can't be bothered with it all. I know you guys are getting triggered right about now and that's fine. I'm glad the PC is the bestest video game experience for you ever but I will stick with consoles if you don't mind.

...just answering the question and all...

Maybe in 1994. PC gaming has made a lot of strides since those days.

With driver updates and Nvidia Game Ready such nonsense is a thing of the past. My PS4 Pro crashes more than my PC and with Geforce Experience I don't need to mess around with settings. I just click the OPTIMIZE button and I'm playing with the best possible settings for my rig. I can then go and tweak the settings if I want to or I can ignore it and still get the best all round performance/settings for PC.

The only advantage consoles have over PCs nowadays is price. PCs are still more expensive to get into but all the excuses like "It's plug and play" and "I just like to use a controller" are pretty much moot. I'm a life long console and PC gamer and have been gaming since 1989 and I can tell you that consoles are becoming more and more like PCs with every generation. The more consoles become like PCs the more their advantages erode away.

With all due respect, these posts I refer to about PC issues are from literally today and not 1994.

Avatar image for kangarbloodyroo
kangarbloodyroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By kangarbloodyroo
Member since 2017 • 113 Posts

In order to get a pc which can perform as well as the xbone x, you'd need to spend twice or three times the amount you would if you bought a xbone x. The TV however could cost more depending on how good of a picture quality you want

I've already got a 4k setup so I will be skipping the xbone x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@NoodleFighter said:
@i_p_daily said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@SinjinSmythe said:

And? the point being there will be these dude bro's playing it on all 3 systems. Dragon just got butthurt because someone said his precious gaming place PC sucks.

If PC gamers think that only dude bro gamers buy consoles, then for a "master" race they seem pretty dumb.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#65  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58957 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@NoodleFighter said:
@i_p_daily said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

And? the point being there will be these dude bro's playing it on all 3 systems. Dragon just got butthurt because someone said his precious gaming place PC sucks.

If PC gamers think that only dude bro gamers buy consoles, then for a "master" race they seem pretty dumb.

PC gamers usually just try to tar consoles because their salty consoles are practically always more important.

Even a series they lauded repeatedly as superior to Mass Effect is now a console focused franchise, the thing barely worked on keyboard.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@kuu2 said:

If you are strictly using it for playing games then the One X is a no brainer buy.

If you strictly want 60fps @4k, something that the xb1x fails to do , then the PC is no brainer buy

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

I'll probably build a new PC sometime in the future, but now I'll just get the X and play multiplats on it.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:
@kuu2 said:

If you are strictly using it for playing games then the One X is a no brainer buy.

A fraction of the games... less performance, no modding, s*it BC..

I mean, where is the no brainer in that?

People are hung up on the $500 limit for the PC...

That is a brand spanking new Graphics Card, Motherboard and CPU if you like... maybe abit of a stretch... why do you need a WHOLE new PC to beat consoles? you certainly don't.

The gap between PS4 Pro and X1 is simply not enough to justify sacrificing the unique games.... it just isn't , the XB1X is absolutely worthless when a PC is in the equation.

Configure graphics card, motherboard, CPU and RAM combo for $500.

Target performance: Forza Motorsport 7, 4K stable 60 fps and ultra settings.

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

I voted XBoneX. I have a preorder for the Project Scorpio edition, I'm a console type of guy and always have been. Got a PC for gaming a while ago, never really used it and the upcoming XBoneX will outclass it most assuredly. This gen up to date all of my console multiplats have been in blue cases, due to the other one, and it's PROfessional successor outclassing my LaunchBone in power significantly. Well, now all of my multiplat games on preorder currently are in green cases, and aside from titles with VR additional content in those blue cases for the rest of this gen I'll be "going green". ie: I've got hundreds, if not over 1K worth of preorders going right now not including the X itself. This holiday season is ridiculous, just October alone has enough releases to bankrupt most households. Of all of the multiplat titles, only Battlefront 2 is blue cuz the first had " BlueVR" content so I assume 2 will as well. So far everything else is green for the first time since M$ moved to consoles. Finally I am going to justify the Elite controller, Elite + X is the current benchmark. That may have been a longer ramble than was necessary, the Canadian whiskey... It's delicious. And it's 01:12.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@NoodleFighter said:
@i_p_daily said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@SinjinSmythe said:

Lol. More like you got all butthurt from my trolling.

Sorry you're a dude bro, man. I can't help the facts.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By NoodleFighter

@i_p_daily said:
@NoodleFighter said:
@i_p_daily said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Except there is way less dude bros on PC, none of the 100 most played steam games are Call Of Duty games. While on consoles Call Of Duty games are always among the bestselling games of the year and in the top 5 or top 10 most played games. The PC audience has moved away from shooters like Call Of Duty and they focus more on shooters like CSGO, PUBG, Arma 3, TF2, and Payday 2.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#72 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34608 Posts

Already have PC, so neither. If I had to, I'd upgrade the PC. Xbox One X makes zero fucking sense to me. But hey, it's your money.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

PC without question. If I had $500, I would put it into the computer. I would rather get the Xbox one S between the two to be honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@NoodleFighter said:
@i_p_daily said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Lol. More like you got all butthurt from my trolling.

Sorry you're a dude bro, man. I can't help the facts.

Nah you are butthurt because someone said PC sucks :(

As for me being a dude bro, yeah man my sig says it all.

@NoodleFighter said:
@i_p_daily said:
@NoodleFighter said:
@i_p_daily said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Except there is way less dude bros on PC, none of the 100 most played steam games are Call Of Duty games. While on consoles Call Of Duty games are always among the bestselling games of the year and in the top 5 or top 10 most played games. The PC audience has moved away from shooters like Call Of Duty and they focus more on shooters like CSGO, PUBG, Arma 3, TF2, and Payday 2.

It still doesn't negate the fact that there are dude bros on every platform. No one is arguing the percentage on each platform.

And just to make it clear there's nothing wrong with being a dude bro as in my eyes they're gamers to me, just ones with different tastes to my own.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@i_p_daily: It's okay. You'll grow out of it one day. I have faith in you.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#76 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

The X1X is mainly just a system to play games. It doesn't even do that very good because of the half-ass CPU that bottlenecks it. I would rather take that $500 and invest in a PC that does a better job of playing games and does so much more.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

If you like games the PC is a no brainer

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

I have a laptop that plays PC games well but not 4k.

So deciding between spending £1000+ on a pc or £499 or Xbox One X is pretty easy really.

gtx021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 gtx021
Member since 2013 • 515 Posts

gtx 1080 evga official price $$$

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

@gtx021 said:

gtx 1080 evga official price $$$

and i7

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#81 flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

Neither.

The only game that really interests me is Sunset Overdrive, and Halo 5's lack of split screen co-op prevented it from being a second reason to pick up an Xbox One.

As for the PC, my GTX 1060 is handling a lot of games just fine, though i am willing to get a Vega GPU and CM Hyper 212 EVO as a thing to reward myself at work.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Why would the size of the console be a factor? You live in a tool shed or what? Why would people have these huge 55-100 inch TV's or a 17 inch block of an A/V Receiver and 5 ft3 of shelf space taken by a DVD collection and then suddenly think to themselves " A really tiny console matters a lot to me".

Makes no sense. I see people with garages packed plumb full of junk, shoe boxes full of nuts and bolts and here we sit with someone literally discussing how the small size of the console is just sooo appealing..really?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@DragonfireXZ95 said:

@i_p_daily: It's okay. You'll grow out of it one day. I have faith in you.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

PC, better gameplay:

• Vastly better library (yearly). Like twice the 80%+. This is the major deal breaker and probably why Steam alone has more concurrent than PSN+XBL combined.
  • Double the FPS. HOLY CRAP!
  • Better load times.
  • Better gfx.
  • Better online.
  • Better Competitive gaming.
  • More Genres
  • MODS (real ones.)

PC, better price point for long term gaming:

• Can't just upgrade the X1X, have to completely buy a new system every 3 years. This results in overall saving money via PC hardware. After 2 gens.
  • XBL is not free, lets stop pretending it is. After 1 gen this results in same cost as high end PC combined with $500 base cost.
  • Cheaper Games. Combines with the last 3 points for overall a better price point. If you buy a lot of games, XB1 beings to pull far ahead in price while being the inferior system for gaming.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

PC, more games and no limits, you can do what you like on it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@kuu2 said:

A fraction of the games... less performance, no modding, s*it BC..

I mean, where is the no brainer in that?

People are hung up on the $500 limit for the PC...

That is a brand spanking new Graphics Card, Motherboard and CPU if you like... maybe abit of a stretch... why do you need a WHOLE new PC to beat consoles? you certainly don't.

The gap between PS4 Pro and X1 is simply not enough to justify sacrificing the unique games.... it just isn't , the XB1X is absolutely worthless when a PC is in the equation.

Configure graphics card, motherboard, CPU and RAM combo for $500.

Target performance: Forza Motorsport 7, 4K stable 60 fps and ultra settings.

So is this going to be the default desperate argument now?

How does the XBX1 perform in all the 3rd party games that don't spend as much time optimising as microsoft to market easy people like you who think that is a benchmark on its own?

How is that 4K 60 FPS "ultra settings" going to bring any unique games to the Xbox over an upgraded PC? in which it's library slaughters the Xbox?

I mean, your the third person asking this as if it's some sort of "win" ... what have you won? Less games, most games will run worse etc etc.

I hope that one 1st Party Benchmark will make it worthwhile ... lol

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46283 Posts

New PC > any console

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

New PC > any console

Or upgrading from a properly maintained rig.

Best of both worlds. You aren't spending an arm and a leg, and you end up with the better machine.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

** Courtesy Mod bump to clear out the recent forum invasion... carry on :) **

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

$500.00 Mighty X1X MonsterBox Master Race >>>>>>> $2000.00 Pee Salty Seas :P

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 ronvalencia

@Jebus213 said:

I already have a new PC though.

Shut up.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

@ronvalencia: all you do is spam charts, slides, and graphs all day. Also you include bs in your posts nobody gives a shit about like how many TFLOP's or whatever your video card or what this video card has.

It derails the thread half the time. The mods need to do something about it.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

PC then use the $ 500 for a new card instead.

Still PC if I have to just buy and keep the PC. I'll build a low power one and keep it on 24/7.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@Jebus213 said:

@ronvalencia: all you do is spam charts, slides, and graphs all day. Also you include bs in your posts nobody gives a shit about like how many TFLOP's or whatever your video card or what this video card has.

I agree, it's ridiculous at this point. We need a spam board on Gamespot and confine ronvalencia there so he can spam to himself and spare the forum members from his nonsense.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#95 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

I voted new PC. I just like the customization that can be done with building your own system and I prefer keyboard and mouse for FPS games. Xbox one X is a great piece of hardware but with no true exclusives to the system, I can skip it and save my money for Nvidias next round of GPUs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#96 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

I already have a XBoxOne. I do not need another console....other than the other consoles I already have.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#97 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

Where is the option for none lol

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Xbox One X, just dont have the time to hassle with all the PC equipment. I watch enough streams of PC gaming and I would just get frustrated with issues that come normally(easy to fix for pc enthusiasts but hassle for me).

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 ronvalencia

@Jebus213 said:

I use charts to prove my point and my POV has proven correct and you post spams and start poster wars.

From https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/system-wars-survival-guide-30-32890752/#2

Take diligence to remain on discussion about the systems or games being debated or discussed, rather than discussing the people who play them. It's a good idea to make sure the purpose of each post is to debate ideas, rather than to attack the poster presenting the ideas.

@pinkanimal said:
@Jebus213 said:

I agree, it's ridiculous at this point. We need a spam board on Gamespot and confine ronvalencia there so he can spam to himself and spare the forum members from his nonsense.

Your posts are spams.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#100  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Since im still gaming on 1080p and aiming for high fps, i still can handle with my rig. Im waiting till next-gen consoles arrive and ill upgrade my PC then ( 2 years from now i guess ). A serious upgrade that is with all the new tech by then.