Will you Hype for Next CDPR game?

• 60 results
Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

Poll Will you Hype for Next CDPR game? (38 votes)

YES - They are best developers ever 47%
No - They are overrated 53%

Hello friends,

Next CDPR game will be Witcher with customizable character male or female. and they are done with geralt of trilogy. but they will milked witcher series again.

They made 4 shallow games in row and still treated like King in Gaming indusrty although after cyberpunk people starting to realize that they are overrated.

So my friend, will you be hype for thier next game? or rather just realize that they are not very good?

lets discuss

• 
Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

Pretty sure their next 3 years is dedicated to Cyberpunk content.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46283 Posts

Yeah man, the next CDPR game looks sick!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

I'd vote for a yes because they're creating immersive games with quality writing, something that is rare. If CP2077 was poorly written and full of shitty quests, that would be a problem, but from what i've seen and heard, that's far from being the truth. Bugs can be fixed, and when that's done, we will have a 10/10 game on our hands.

Best dev goes to Fromsoft and if you disagree you suck.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

I'd vote for a yes because they're creating immersive games with quality writing, something that is rare. If CP2077 was poorly written and full of shitty quests, that would be a problem, but from what i've seen and heard, that's far from being the truth. Bugs can be fixed, and when that's done, we will have a 10/10 game on our hands.

Even if you fixed bugs. Cyberpunk still not a game CDPR promised. Its just Watch dogs clone with borderlands shooting.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

Nah

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:

Even if you fixed bugs. Cyberpunk still not a game CDPR promised. Its just Watch dogs clone with borderlands shooting.

Ubi has braindead writers. You can't compare the two.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#7  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

CP 2077 will be patched and turn into a good game. Then I will play it and enjoy it. I will look forward to playing their next game, but I won't buy it at launch just like I didn't buy CP 2077 at launch. This is exactly why you shouldn't pre-order games and get too hyped. You can't trust developers/publishers to release finished games these days. Especially big open world games which are prone to having issues. CP 2077 also had a troubled development and had multiple delays. All the signs were there and I knew it was going to be broken and buggy. The smart thing to do is wait it out.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

the witcher 4

NICE!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58955 Posts

Witcher 4 will change everything.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#10  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Sure. They're one of the few AAA dev studios left who still have a bit of heart and passion left for their craft, and still make ambitious narrative-driven single-player games. They sort of remind me of pre-Fallout 4 Bethesda, and everybody loved pre-Fallout 4 Bethesda, despite their flaws.

Better than most of the rest of the industry which is full of emotionally dead conveyor belts who churn out the same game every year (Call of Duty, FIFA), or soulless microtransaction-laden grind-a-thons (Ubisoft, WB Games).

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

no hype from me.

you'd think / hope after this disastrous launch and the need to rebuild their rep that they'll be so conscious of another pr disaster that their next game will be rigorously tested like no game before. so maybe some reassurances in that. but cyberpunk's issues aren't just limited to bugs and performance.

with ubi, that confidence and faith eroded over years. they'd earnt that right through a very healthy back catalogue of quality games pre 2006. it was only after several years of increasing stinkers - watch dogs was probably the final nail in the coffin of any hope of a return to former glory - that i stopped getting excited for any of their games. cdpr don't have the luxury of years of quality titles to fall back on

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46283 Posts

Another ghost thread backfire.

Now please friends agree with me in my next thread that Doom Eternal was the best game in 2020.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

They should sell the Witcher rights to Ubisoft. At least the French know how to make good games.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Already pre ordered.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ghosts4ever

@madrocketeer said:

Sure. They're one of the few AAA dev studios left who still have a bit of heart and passion left for their craft, and still make ambitious narrative-driven single-player games. They sort of remind me of pre-Fallout 4 Bethesda, and everybody loved pre-Fallout 4 Bethesda, despite their flaws.

Better than most of the rest of the industry which is full of emotionally dead conveyor belts who churn out the same game every year (Call of Duty, FIFA), or soulless microtransaction-laden grind-a-thons (Ubisoft, WB Games).

No they dont. they are just as bad. Witcher 3 was just checklist ubisosft style open world game and Cyberpunk is watch dogs in disguised.

id software are the one who have heart and passion for product and always released finish products. even 4A games Metro developers do more good than CDPR when it comes to narrative SP games.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45105 Posts

Yo Ghost, your boy Bethesda is still the king of releasing buggy games.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ghosts4ever

@SolidGame_basic said:

thier publish games have been polished at launch (Doom, Prey).

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45105 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

But not their developed ones lol.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Yeah, I'm guessing the next game will be The Witcher 4 and after that they will announce that they are opening a new studio so they can work on cyperpunk 2 at the same time as a new IP.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ghosts4ever

@SolidGame_basic said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

But not their developed ones lol.

Dont care about thier develop ones. but still atleast they have more legacy than CDPR who made 4 shallow games consecutively.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

Are you asking this question to yourself?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ghosts4ever

@pc_rocks said:

my friend, its just general. because if you ask me. they never made a good game before and always get credit.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PC_Rocks

@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:

my friend, its just general. because if you ask me. they never made a good game before and always get credit.

My friend you were hyping CP 2077 as the next big thing and how it will own every other game. Quite strange for to you to hype it saying you didn't like any of their previous games. So, will you be hyping the next CDPR game?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34606 Posts

Just as with Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077, I wont be hyping their next game either.

There's less reason than ever to hype their future games now that their company is run by rich people wanting more riches rather than being run by gamers wanting to give gamers the best game possible.

This happens to all studios when they get huge. CDPR isn't an exception, as we all just witnessed.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ghosts4ever

@pc_rocks said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:

My friend you were hyping CP 2077 as the next big thing and how it will own every other game. Quite strange for to you to hype it saying you didn't like any of their previous games. So, will you be hyping the next CDPR game?

Wrong. I always disliked Witcher 3 and was hyping CP 2077 but never expect it to be better than Deus Ex. you can see my posting history regarding Deus Ex/Cyberpunk.

seba20007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 seba20007
Member since 2009 • 194 Posts

Their next game is cyberpunk online scheduled for 2022.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

*Will you Hype for Next CDPR game?*

Hype what? What next CDPR game? They are going to continue supporting CP2077 for the next 3/4 years and no one knows what CDPR will do next.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By madrocketeer
@ghosts4ever said:

No they dont. they are just as bad. Witcher 3 was just checklist ubisosft style open world game and Cyberpunk is watch dogs in disguised.

id software are the one who have heart and passion for product and always released finish products. even 4A games Metro developers do more good than CDPR when it comes to narrative SP games.

Just one question; what did you think of Skyrim?

As for id, they've still yet to prove themselves after John Romero left and took his chaotic imagination with him. Quake II was stale run through John Carmack's papier mache corridor. Doom 3 was a mediocre System Shock 2 rip-off. Rage was a Mad Max knock-off with none of its bombastic charm. The one time they managed to get back on their feet was when Bethesda intervened to make them ditch their original "Call of Doomy" plans, forcing them to go back to one of John Romero's works, and Ctrl-C-Ctrl-V'd. Doom Eternal, all told by people with a bit of objectivity, was a bloated and haphazard attempt at improvement that resulted in a game that was arguably worse than Doom 2016 - I mean, who ever thought the Marauder was good idea?

Let's see them try a new IP that didn't come out looking like a pile of ceiling tiles, then we'll talk about them being a top tier dev.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ghosts4ever

@madrocketeer said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Just one question; what did you think of Skyrim?

As for id, they've still yet to prove themselves after John Romero left and took his chaotic imagination with him. Quake II was stale run through John Carmack's papier mache corridor. Doom 3 was a mediocre System Shock 2 rip-off. Rage was a Mad Max knock-off with none of its bombastic charm. The one time they managed to get back on their feet was when Bethesda intervened to make them ditch their original "Call of Doomy" plans, forcing them to go back to one of John Romero's works, and Ctrl-C-Ctrl-V'd. Doom Eternal, all told by people with a bit of objectivity, was a bloated and haphazard attempt at improvement that resulted in a game that was arguably worse than Doom 2016 - I mean, who ever thought the Marauder was good idea?

Let's see them try a new IP that didn't come out looking like a pile of ceiling tiles, then we'll talk about them being a top tier dev.

Doom 3 was masterpiece and better than anything CDPR ever done in thier career, so was Doom 2016 and Eternal which turn out to be best FPS of decade. infact both Doom games are best FPS of decade and one of the best games of all time.

Eternal have different combat loop that is refreshing from previous Doom games and other FPS. its thinking man old school shooter.

other than that id software remain constantly in quality. Rage 1 was release at time when id was adopting pure modern style as a result only id game having regen health and ADS shooting. it was very un-id game.

Eternal being worse than 2016 is just a preference as most people prefer Eternal over 2016. proof that made poll and every time Eternal wins. I on other hand think both have advantage and disadvantage over other games as 2016 have better atmosphere, Eternal have better combat and less repetitive.

point is, even at worst, id been better than CDPR at thier best.

Witcher 1 suck, 2 was ok game with amazing lore/universe, bad gameplay, TW3 just another ubisoft open world game, Cyberpunk is watch dogs in disguise. 4 games. complete shallow and dull games company had made that people praise them as King of Gaming industry.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 madrocketeer
@ghosts4ever said:

Doom 3 was masterpiece and better than anything CDPR ever done in thier career, so was Doom 2016 and Eternal which turn out to be best FPS of decade. infact both Doom games are best FPS of decade and one of the best games of all time.

Eternal have different combat loop that is refreshing from previous Doom games and other FPS. its thinking man old school shooter.

other than that id software remain constantly in quality. Rage 1 was release at time when id was adopting pure modern style as a result only id game having regen health and ADS shooting. it was very un-id game.

Eternal being worse than 2016 is just a preference as most people prefer Eternal over 2016. proof that made poll and every time Eternal wins. I on other hand think both have advantage and disadvantage over other games as 2016 have better atmosphere, Eternal have better combat and less repetitive.

Witcher 1 suck, 2 was ok game with amazing lore/universe, bad gameplay, TW3 just another ubisoft open world game, Cyberpunk is watch dogs in disguise. 4 games. complete shallow and dull games company had made that people praise them as King of Gaming industry.

Again, as someone who played and loved System Shock 2 to death, I found Doom 3 very mediocre. Again, the one time they did something right was when Bethesda forced them to copy John Romero's homework - had they not, they were going to make a Call of Doomy game. Even Doom Eternal was full of pandering to that era; compare Eternal's Mancubus model to 2016's model, and then to the original 1993 sprite. And what's with all the platforming? Isn't Doom supposed to be step 1: rip, step 2: tear? Again, let's see what happens when they try to do something original without putting on a John Romero wig and channelling his brain before we put them on a pedestal.

Finally, you still haven't answered my question; what did you think of Skyrim?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ghosts4ever

@madrocketeer said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Again, as someone who played and loved System Shock 2 to death, I found Doom 3 very mediocre. Again, the one time they did something right was when Bethesda forced them to copy John Romero's homework - had they not, they were going to make a Call of Doomy game. Even Doom Eternal was full of pandering to that era; compare Eternal's Mancubus model to 2016's model, and then to the original 1993 sprite. And what's with all the platforming? Isn't Doom supposed to be step 1: rip, step 2: tear? Again, let's see what happens when they try to do something original without putting on a John Romero wig and channelling his brain before we put them on a pedestal.

Finally, you still haven't answered my question; what did you think of Skyrim?

Why are you comparing Doom 3 to System shock 2? totally different game. Doom 3 is horror arcade shooter, System shock 2 is immersive sim. Bioshock is SS2 rip-off while Prey is spiritual successor of SS2. see this Bethesda is only company that still do old school.

yes they were making Call of Doom but they cancelled it and Reboot into something become masterpiece. they learned.

Dont care about Skyrim but come on. Cyberpunk is also Fallout with cars. it has no real identity. sometimes it tried to be Deus Ex but failed at being, sometimes it tried to be looter shooter (destiny/borderlands/division) and it tries to be Watch dogs.

Its no Deep RPG/FPS that were promised. its some shitty looter shooter set in bland open world setting.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Yeah, but still not playing cyberpunk until I get a 3080 and play it the way it's meant too. Witcher series show the deserve some credit, not as much as everyone gives them though not as much hate as some give either.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By madrocketeer
@ghosts4ever said:

Why are you comparing Doom 3 to System shock 2? totally different game. Doom 3 is horror arcade shooter, System shock 2 is immersive sim. Bioshock is SS2 rip-off while Prey is spiritual successor of SS2. see this Bethesda is only company that still do old school.

yes they were making Call of Doom but they cancelled it and Reboot into something become masterpiece. they learned.

Dont care about Skyrim but come on. Cyberpunk is also Fallout with cars. it has no real identity. sometimes it tried to be Deus Ex but failed at being, sometimes it tried to be looter shooter (destiny/borderlands/division) and it tries to be Watch dogs.

Its no Deep RPG/FPS that were promised. its some shitty looter shooter set in bland open world setting.

BioShock is the true spiritual successor; it was after all made by the same people who made System Shock 2. Doom 3 is the rip-off; same attempt at atmosphere, same reliance on audio logs for story-telling, just worse in every way.

They were forced to learn by Bethesda higher-ups. And who did they learn from? John Romero. Let's see them try to do something original without invoking him. That's the true test of their mettle.

I just want to know what you think of Skyrim so I can decide whether I should disregard everything you say about open world games, just as I have disregarded everything you say about narrative-driven games ever since you once tried to refute my accusation that you are gameplay-obsessed by complaining about gameplay some more. Just want to know if we can "agree to disagree" and move on.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

ofc I will, I have PC i don't care if their games run like crap on 10 year old consoles. It's GOTY on PC.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

As one who wasn't all that enamored with the Witcher series and now after all the crap going on with CyberJunk 1077; that would be a big No ghost rider. :P

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ghosts4ever

@ProtossRushX said:

ofc I will, I have PC i don't care if their games run like crap on 10 year old consoles. It's GOTY on PC.

Its Mess on PC too. even with patches. the problem is game design itself and AI. there is not AI in game. CDPR lies and falsely market the game.

@madrocketeer said:
@ghosts4ever said:

BioShock is the true spiritual successor; it was after all made by the same people who made System Shock 2. Doom 3 is the rip-off; same attempt at atmosphere, same reliance on audio logs for story-telling, just worse in every way.

They were forced to learn by Bethesda higher-ups. And who did they learn from? John Romero. Let's see them try to do something original without invoking him. That's the true test of their mettle.

I just want to know what you think of Skyrim so I can decide whether I should disregard everything you say about open world games, just as I have disregarded everything you say about narrative-driven games ever since you once tried to refute my accusation that you are gameplay-obsessed by complaining about gameplay some more. Just want to know if we can "agree to disagree" and move on.

Still Bioshock was dumbed down System shock 2. Doom 3 was different genre. Try Prey if you want modern day System shock. Excellent game.

Yeah I dont care about Skyrim at all.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

This game will likely be a GTA like game. We will be seeing updates for the next decade with this game.

If witcher 4 is announced i will be getting it day one

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By madrocketeer
@ghosts4ever said:

Still Bioshock was dumbed down System shock 2. Doom 3 was different genre. Try Prey if you want modern day System shock. Excellent game.

Yeah I dont care about Skyrim at all.

I did try Prey 2017. It has no atmosphere at all, so it was just a fun little RPG shooter for me. That's where BioShock succeeded and where both Prey and Doom 3 failed. The point of those games were not the gameplay.

Shame. Would have made things more convenient for me. Gonna have to play Cyberpunk 2077 for myself to make my decision, then.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22676 Posts

It's a little premature to say, but I'll be rooting for them like I do everyone else. No one wants a bad game. No one wants a broken game.

I don't really do "hype" anymore though. Call it diminishing returns from games and genres that have not evolved in meaningful ways since gen 6. Or maybe I'm just getting old and there simply isn't any wow factor from the promise of developers who ultimately won't deliver. But yeah, i don't get the feeling of hype like I used to years ago.

I take it back... I'd actually be hyped if a dev announced a game the way Bethesda did with fallout 4.

Todd Howard took the stage and said it would be out in a few months and it was basically finished. HYPED!

Telling me to wait 5 years is the opposite of hype. Don't even tell me there's a game until you've made it and it works. That's insta hype.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I think a lot of people needed this slap in the face, in a way. Consumers and CDPR. The hype was unreal, the review backlash was unreal, and now the dogpile on the aftermath is unreal. Reminds of when I used to work with Tamarins - every single thing, good and bad, for those critters is set to 11. And CDPR plain up mishandled (and lied) and needed to get the slap.

All that being said, as a PC gamer for whom the game is running surprisingly fine... I'd say I'm getting exactly what I wanted out of the game and it may wind up being my goty unless the bugs and jank actually get worse at some point

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

As far as future releases are concerned, it's almost certain they will not make the same mistake again. Releasing another broken game would cause irreparable damage to their already frail reputation.

Now their next major release (excluding Cyberpunk single-player and online content) is probably going to be The Witcher 4. And even though I really liked TW3, I'm not that big of a fan to hype another game in the series.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Only if its next gen witcher 4.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Im kinda hype to see them polish this game up to see what it can become in the next few years... the bones are here for something good.

I will be less excited when they go back to Witcher afterwards.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PC_Rocks

@johnd13 said:

As far as future releases are concerned, it's almost certain they will not make the same mistake again. Releasing another broken game would cause irreparable damage to their already frail reputation.

Now their next major release (excluding Cyberpunk single-player and online content) is probably going to be The Witcher 4. And even though I really liked TW3, I'm not that big of a fan to hype another game in the series.

You will be surprised at peoples/companies inability to learn. Look at Crytek.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Depends on how they handle the situation they are in now, if they fix the game , add more content and QoL patches then perhaps.

I would never eveevadvicw people to pre-order anything.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#48 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Yup, I'm 4/4 on enjoying their games to varying extents and their strengths (world building, quests and characters) really haven't changed over the years.

I wont pre-order one of their games again though after Cyberpunk 2077. Its very rare I pre-order anything these days, made an exception for 2077 and obviously that was a mistake.

its a good game now (on PC at least) but it'll be a great game once its patched.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Never have, don't think I ever will.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

Remember a week ago when Gamespot was Satan's toilet brush for daring to give Cyberpunk a 7? Things change quick.