Will Next Splinter cell be open world game? or return to roots?

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

E3 is among us and there will be ubisoft conference and we know this time new Splinter cell game get announced since last year there was rumored that michael ironside the original sam fisher voice actor will be back and game is in development. they have announced ghost recon, rainbow six. now its thier time for new Splinter cell.

as we know series has not been strong since chaos theory which was last good game. last gen SC games were complete crap and were action games instead of stealth.

this generation there is a trend of open world games and knowing ubisoft they even turn ghost recon into open world. will they do same for splinter cell? the open world aspect would never work with splinter cell. it will become assassins creed featuring sam fisher. all they need to do is return back to roots like how Hitman return to its roots

what do you think? will ubisoft turn this game into open world too?

lets discuss

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#2 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I liked Blacklist for the most part. Apart from a handful of forced action bits it was a great stealth game.

I would prefer they continue with a mission-based structure rather than go open world

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#3  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

I hope not, every game doesnt need to be open world.

They just need to focus on having better balance in their stealth to action, more so like Metal Gear. Though I did like Double Agent and Conviction, sue me. Blacklist was just bad and I really hope they get Ironside back in the future

DaisyFan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 DaisyFan007
Member since 2007 • 1242 Posts

Blacklist was okay, tho i don't believe they gonna do something special with the IP, also Ubi Tom Clancy recently made two games who are open world. we recently have Ghost Recon Wildlands and The Division.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

All I really want is another Chaos Theory, I enjoy that great Splinter Cell on Xbox many years ago and it still the best Splinter Cell game for me but I also enjoy Conviction since it was basically a Jason Bourne game since I love all the Bourne movies. No to open-world Splinter Cell, I prefer it to stay liner.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22675 Posts

I'd love a return to roots Splinter cell... Those were so good, even Kojima turned his game into open world Splinter cell.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

I really hope it's not open world, we don't need another Ubisoft game to completely lose its own identity...

I loved Blacklist and all the original SC games, so i hope there will be more of what i love

DaisyFan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaisyFan007
Member since 2007 • 1242 Posts

@TheEroica: I don't think it need to be an actual open world, they should just do something that's a lot of people demanding for the franchise. Chaos theory still have some nostalgia about the gameplay and the evening/night missions, i use to have a blast for the multiplayer and the 2 player co-up mission with my best bud.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22675 Posts

@DaisyFan007: I'd take a SP focused Splinter cell over an open world any day. It's fishers gameplay mechanics and ability to covertly handle a room that makes the game drive forward.... Making it open world for the sake of making it open world would just serve industry trends...

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

I'm tired of everything going open world. MLS hurt because of it, and imo BotW hurt because of it. I'm in the minority, but holy crap those 2 games were huge let downs for me.

Oh yea and the new Ghost Recon.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

They should. Splinter Cell has been destroying MGS its entire existence and it'd be nice to get a proper open world stealth game.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ghosts4ever

@millerlight89 said:

I'm tired of everything going open world. MLS hurt because of it, and imo BotW hurt because of it. I'm in the minority, but holy crap those 2 games were huge let downs for me.

Oh yea and the new Ghost Recon.

I agree. I cant count what is the best open world game i have played. unless we count semi open sandbox like Stalker, Crysis or Deus Ex.

the complete open world games are incredibly boring and dull. thats the genre that invade this generation like how scripted linear FPS invaded last gen but open world is even worse. it turn any genre into open world.

MGS5 could have been good if its not open world. or maybe witcher 3.

whats MLS?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#13 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@davillain- said:

All I really want is another Chaos Theory, I enjoy that great Splinter Cell on Xbox many years ago and it still the best Splinter Cell game for me but I also enjoy Conviction since it was basically a Jason Bourne game since I love all the Bourne movies. No to open-world Splinter Cell, I prefer it to stay liner.

I agree mostly. I have liked every single Splinter Cell game. They're fun. I do understand the game director's point he made when they showed Conviction on stage. He said something to the effect, a badass stealth operative doesn't seem so badass when slowly lurking around. This is supposed to be the best at this type of work so they added speed of movement into it.

I really got tired of skulking in the dark. Great games but they needed a shake up. Conviction brought that, I agree. Fun being a bad mofo out for revenge.

Blacklist was great imo. I like options. So you could attempt straight up action gameplay. This idea people have that a game MUST be this or that is BBBB. A game should be what its creators wish to create like a painting to an artist, a film to a cast and crew.

I look forward to another Splinter Cell. Maybe it'll get David Michaels to write another book too.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

i hope not. almost every game in ubi's library is open world. i don't think we need another.

give me a blacklist 2 and i would be happy.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@cainetao11 said:
@davillain- said:

I agree mostly. I have liked every single Splinter Cell game. They're fun. I do understand the game director's point he made when they showed Conviction on stage. He said something to the effect, a badass stealth operative doesn't seem so badass when slowly lurking around. This is supposed to be the best at this type of work so they added speed of movement into it.

I really got tired of skulking in the dark. Great games but they needed a shake up. Conviction brought that, I agree. Fun being a bad mofo out for revenge.

Blacklist was great imo. I like options. So you could attempt straight up action gameplay. This idea people have that a game MUST be this or that is BBBB. A game should be what its creators wish to create like a painting to an artist, a film to a cast and crew.

I look forward to another Splinter Cell. Maybe it'll get David Michaels to write another book too.

the blacklist was even worse than conviction and probably worst in series imo. sam fisher is out of character and a generic american hero. its level design are worst i have seen in stealth game. it even has invisible walls and forced FPS gameplay!!.

the last good game was chaos theory. it was amazing stealth simulator with light and shadow meter. this is how splinter cell game should be like.

I so want chaos theory like splinter cell..

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@cainetao11 said:
@davillain- said:

the blacklist was even worse than conviction and probably worst in series imo. sam fisher is out of character and a generic american hero. its level design are worst i have seen in stealth game. it even has invisible walls and forced FPS gameplay!!.

the last good game was chaos theory. it was amazing stealth simulator with light and shadow meter. this is how splinter cell game should be like.

Have you played Double Agent on the og Xbox, PS2 or Wii ?

I heard it was a completely different game from the 360/PC/PS3 versions and more in line with Chaos Theory than any other game in the series.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

Probably.

Blacklist was great though, they absolutely destroyed Rainbow 6 and Ghost Recon, but somehow, after turning it into 24, it sort of went back to greatness. Abit.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cainetao11

@ghosts4ever said:
@cainetao11 said:
@davillain- said:

Too bad for you. I enjoyed it. I seem to enjoy more games than others. I like that more than being a bitchy critic.

When you start developing games then you can decide what they should be like. If Splinter Cell just kept doing the same thing it would've gotten boring.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

dear god I hope they get rid of the borderline-forced coop, social-bullshit, needlessly-online "experience" and just make a really awesome, stealth-centric game about avoiding combat and hugging the shadows.

When they made Sam an anti-hero, a "troubled" guy like Hollywood was doing with all the "good guys" in their movies, that's when the series went to shit.

Time to go back to the roots.

AND FOR GOD'S SAKE, NO! NO OPEN WORLD! Give me large, well-crafted, but finite levels.

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts

Hope not.

Ghost Recon didn't need to be a Far Cry knock off and Splinter Cell is in the same boat.

Better spend the extra resources making side stuff for a proper Splinter Cell game like they did with Blacklist, which could easily be the best game in the series if they wouldn't overload Sam with high-powered weapons.

Blacklist is fantastic when you play it like a Splinter Cell game.

Even just the randomized guard spawns and patrol routes is the shit i want in every stealth game from now on.

You can't fail, reload a checkpoint and retread your previous route in Blacklist because everything has changed now.

So good.

@mrbojangles25 said:

dear god I hope they get rid of the borderline-forced coop, social-bullshit, needlessly-online "experience" and just make a really awesome, stealth-centric game about avoiding combat and hugging the shadows.

Say what.

Coop was awesome in both Chaos Theory and Blacklist.

So was the Spies vs Mercs mode in Chaos Theory, but they kinda ruined it in later games.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

@R10nu said:

Hope not.

Ghost Recon didn't need to be a Far Cry knock off and Splinter Cell is in the same boat.

Better spend the extra resources making side stuff for a proper Splinter Cell game like they did with Blacklist, which could easily be the best game in the series if they wouldn't overload Sam with high-powered weapons.

Blacklist is fantastic when you play it like a Splinter Cell game.

Even just the randomized guard spawns and patrol routes is the shit i want in every stealth game from now on.

You can't fail, reload a checkpoint and retread your previous route in Blacklist because everything has changed now.

So good.

@mrbojangles25 said:

Say what.

Coop was awesome in both Chaos Theory and Blacklist.

So was the Spies vs Mercs mode in Chaos Theory, but they kinda ruined it in later games.

I should have specified in the later games. Yes, it was fun in the earlier games. But it was separate. It was like "Hey, here is the singleplayer, the meat and potatoes. But here is the multplayer, too, when you get done with it. It's also fun."

But in the later games, they interwove it with the singleplayer. Almost forced it on you. It's like "Yeah, you can play singleplayer by yourslef...if you're a LOSER! All the cool kids play online coop and get SOCIAL points or whatever the hell we do these days in marketing! YEAH UBISOFT!"

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

NO ffs, no more open worlds... as said above, not every freaking game needs to be open world. Linear is sometimes better.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#23 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

When they made Sam an anti-hero, a "troubled" guy like Hollywood was doing with all the "good guys" in their movies, that's when the series went to shit.

Time to go back to the roots.

AND FOR GOD'S SAKE, NO! NO OPEN WORLD! Give me large, well-crafted, but finite levels.

I agree all that "ma daughter" stuff was shit

Although the sequence in Splinter Cell: Conviction (which to be clear is a shit game) where he's explaining how light works to his daughter acting as a game tutorial was pretty neat.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ghosts4ever

@cainetao11 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@cainetao11 said:
@davillain- said:

Too bad for you. I enjoyed it. I seem to enjoy more games than others. I like that more than being a bitchy critic.

When you start developing games then you can decide what they should be like. If Splinter Cell just kept doing the same thing it would've gotten boring.

It may not do same thing but it may not remove stealth and replace with action. thats what killed the franchise.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

I don't care what they do as long as it's good. But still, I don't think open world is the way to go. It's almost guaranteed that the game would suffer for it, especially so being a Ubi open world.

I think a series of self contained sandboxes is the way to do it. Sprawling levels, plenty of breathing room, but still tightly designed. Splinter Cell already does this, just expand on it. Hitman is great that way. Camp Omega was the single best piece of level design with the MGSV name on it. I think a Splinter Cell game with slightly larger spaces, more open ended approaches, and a stronger emphasis on interaction would do the trick.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

I don't think it will be open world. WatchDogs is basically the OW version of Splinter Cell. The concept of doing covert ops doesn't make much sense if you are in a single city the entire time. Traveling around the globe, that's a must imo. Blacklist was an awesome game, just build on that.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cainetao11

@ghosts4ever said:
@cainetao11 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@cainetao11 said:
@davillain- said:

It may not do same thing but it may not remove stealth and replace with action. thats what killed the franchise.

How is the franchise "Killed" exactly? You and others want more of it, the last one was received well by people other than you. Do you think your opinion is law?

Johnmclane26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Johnmclane26
Member since 2016 • 255 Posts

I really liked blacklist it made me feel like Jack Bauer in a race against time, i thought the stealth was great especially going for ghost achievement on each level.

I hope the don't make the next SC an open world i think that would be terrible, after playing ghost recon which has a massive open world i just find it so boring with awful A.I.

They need to look at what the most recent hitman has done fantastic level design so many different ways to infiltrate we don't need a huge open world map to have an awesome SC game.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ghosts4ever

@cainetao11 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@cainetao11 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@cainetao11 said:

How is the franchise "Killed" exactly? You and others want more of it, the last one was received well by people other than you. Do you think your opinion is law?

no one talk about blacklist anymore. it was very forgettable game. compare to chaos theory its a joke.

I want games to remain hardcore. i dont want dumbing down and casualization of gaming industry. blacklist is not how splinter cell suppose to be. it has daylight and mark and execution, night vision replace by sonar googles that are see through walls seriously.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ConanTheStoner
@ghosts4ever said:

I want games to remain hardcore. i dont want dumbing down and casualization of gaming industry. blacklist is not how splinter cell suppose to be. it has daylight and mark and execution, night vision replace by sonar googles that are see through walls seriously.

Blacklist is the hardest Splinter Cell game if played on its highest difficulty. And on its highest difficulty:

"No Execute Ability, Sonar Goggles do NOT see through walls, hostiles spot the player more easily and deal much more damage, ammunition is scarce, no resupply at Weapon Stashes."

So there goes the only two legitimate gripes you had. As "hardcore" as you claim to be, I'm surprised you're playing on puss mode lol.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ConanTheStoner

To be clear, Chaos Theory is still by far my favorite of the bunch for various reasons. But Blacklist is still a good game, and personally I think it's the best SC game since Chaos Theory.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ghosts4ever

@ConanTheStoner said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Blacklist is the hardest Splinter Cell game if played on its highest difficulty. And on its highest difficulty:

"No Execute Ability, Sonar Goggles do NOT see through walls, hostiles spot the player more easily and deal much more damage, ammunition is scarce, no resupply at Weapon Stashes."

So there goes the only two legitimate gripes you had. As "hardcore" as you claim to be, I'm surprised you're playing on puss mode lol.

but what about bad game design and invisible walls. and sam fisher out of character?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ConanTheStoner
@ghosts4ever said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

but what about bad game design and invisible walls. and sam fisher out of character?

- Elaborate on bad game design.

- Chaos Theory literally starts you next to an invisible wall.

- Sam hasn't been cool since Chaos Theory, but to be honest that stuff is inconsequential to me. They could make Sam mute and I'd give no fvcks. Chaos Theory is one of my all time favorite games and I don't even remember what the story is about. Like who the fvck plays SC for characters or story haha.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ghosts4ever

@ConanTheStoner said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

- Elaborate on bad game design.

- Chaos Theory literally starts you next to an invisible wall.

- Sam hasn't been cool since Chaos Theory, but to be honest that stuff is inconsequential to me. They could make Sam mute and I'd give no fvcks. Chaos Theory is one of my all time favorite games and I don't even remember what the story is about. Like who the fvck plays SC for characters or story haha.

that daylight iraq mission probably the worst and most generic mission i have seen in any splinter cell. its only SC game i never finish. i even finish conviction. plus that mass effect style briefing also put me off.

its just generic action game. its not masterpiece that chaos theory or even first 2 games were. its not even close to double agent to some extent.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ConanTheStoner
@ghosts4ever said:

that daylight iraq mission probably the worst and most generic mission i have seen in any splinter cell. its only SC game i never finish. i even finish conviction. plus that mass effect style briefing also put me off.

its just generic action game.

Thanks for basically starting a new convo with each response in rambling form.

Much generic, so Mass Effect, wow bad design.

But yeah, I do agree that mission kinda blows. Shitty way to make a first impression for sure.

@ghosts4ever said:

masterpiece...

first 2 games were...

Kek.

Anyways, I'm not saying Blacklist is a masterpiece, I don't just throw that term around for every other game the way you gamers do. I'm just saying that it's a good game. All good if you disagree. The only reason I responded to you in the first place is because your reasoning was nonsense.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@ConanTheStoner: I have always study and learn in my lifetime that first impression is last impression.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ConanTheStoner

@ghosts4ever:

Indeed my friend and I respect that about you.

But think about it like this my dear friend. When you were born, you were soft. Nobody who saw you back then would think of you as hardcore. Their first impression was of a young helpless immobile poop machine crying out for more fuel to turn into poop. You would have been crushed under the weight of your mouse and keyboard.

But what if they still saw you that way even today? Food for poop thought my friend.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

Hopefully it's like Chaos Theory . I enjoyed Chaos Theory for more then just its gameplay, it was a pretty funny game and the music fit in really well too. My favorite in the series.

Blacklist 2.0 would be cool as well, just completely eliminate any forced action segments.

No need to go open world.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

@ConanTheStoner: I have always study and learn in my lifetime that first impression is last impression.

You never leaned nuance then.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By cainetao11

@ghosts4ever said:
@cainetao11 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@cainetao11 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

no one talk about blacklist anymore. it was very forgettable game. compare to chaos theory its a joke.

I want, I want, I want is all I read from you. You need to understand this is a business industry. People need to be paid, products need to earn profit. This "hardcore" you speak of is not large enough to keep major titles profitable. That's the long and short of it. If you really want gaming to be something then posting on SW isn't going to make it happen. Get a degree and start making games.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ghosts4ever

@cainetao11 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@cainetao11 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@cainetao11 said:

I want, I want, I want is all I read from you. You need to understand this is a business industry. People need to be paid, products need to earn profit. This "hardcore" you speak of is not large enough to keep major titles profitable. That's the long and short of it. If you really want gaming to be something then posting on SW isn't going to make it happen. Get a degree and start making games.

we are consumer. we have rights to complain about product for which we pay our money. we pay insane amount of hard working money and we expect them to satisfy us. if they cant. we have rights to complain.

splinter cell was one of my fav series 12 years ago. but last generation ubisoft really killed the franchise by introducing the action and replace with stealth. it used to be stealth game. now its action game with slice of stealth.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#43 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

I'm not even sure how an open world SC would work. And for what it's worth, Conviction got more play from me than any game before it in the series. Chaos Theroy included (thought I understand the appeal).

There's just something about controlling a predictably nimble character (as opposed to a big, slow lump of Chaos Theory character...).

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 cainetao11

@ghosts4ever:

we are consumer. we have rights to complain about product for which we pay our money. we pay insane amount of hard working money and we expect them to satisfy us. if they cant. we have rights to complain.

splinter cell was one of my fav series 12 years ago. but last generation ubisoft really killed the franchise by introducing the action and replace with stealth. it used to be stealth game. now its action game with slice of stealth.

But the point is why are you paying money if you know you don't like much of what these games are offering nowadays? 12 years ago it was one of your favorites? That's my point. You are crying over spilled milk now. You know for years Splinter Cell isn't what you want it to be anymore so don't buy it.

But hiding behind that "waaaahhhhh I'm teh consumer!! I have right to be a lil bitch and cry! WAAAAAHHHHHH!!" isn't going to change anything at Ubisoft. So what purpose does it serve? Do you think it makes you look like a hardcore gamer to other SW posters?

It makes you look like a cry baby to me. Don't buy Splinter Cell anymore. Only buy what is manlyhardcore (LOL) since this seems to be what you like.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ghosts4ever

@cainetao11 said:

@ghosts4ever:

But the point is why are you paying money if you know you don't like much of what these games are offering nowadays? 12 years ago it was one of your favorites? That's my point. You are crying over spilled milk now. You know for years Splinter Cell isn't what you want it to be anymore so don't buy it.

But hiding behind that "waaaahhhhh I'm teh consumer!! I have right to be a lil bitch and cry! WAAAAAHHHHHH!!" isn't going to change anything at Ubisoft. So what purpose does it serve? Do you think it makes you look like a hardcore gamer to other SW posters?

It makes you look like a cry baby to me. Don't buy Splinter Cell anymore. Only buy what is manlyhardcore (LOL) since this seems to be what you like.

our complains are what change hitman even thought it was released in terrible state but after what absolution did to Hitman. new one is once again return to roots

same thing can happen to Splinter cell. but only if ubisoft listen.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 cainetao11

@ghosts4ever said:
@cainetao11 said:

@ghosts4ever:

our complains are what change hitman even thought it was released in terrible state but after what absolution did to Hitman. new one is once again return to roots

LOL Except the majority isn't on board with you when it comes to Splinter Cell. I know I am not. "Return to its roots" of just slowly moving in the dark got boring. I like having options in games. First you complain about hand holding linear games now you want Splinter Cell to not give the player options of how to handle in game encounters. LOL

Also Hitman Absolution was a 79/100 meta while Blacklist was a better received 84/100 on meta. A 5 point difference that clearly tells me people aren't as butthurt about Blacklist as you.

I'm trying to help you here, to be honest. You feel this strongly? Write to Ubisoft not SW about this non sense.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ghosts4ever

@cainetao11 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@cainetao11 said:

@ghosts4ever:

LOL Except the majority isn't on board with you when it comes to Splinter Cell. I know I am not. "Return to its roots" of just slowly moving in the dark got boring. I like having options in games. First you complain about hand holding linear games now you want Splinter Cell to not give the player options of how to handle in game encounters. LOL

Also Hitman Absolution was a 79/100 meta while Blacklist was a better received 84/100 on meta. A 5 point difference that clearly tells me people aren't as butthurt about Blacklist as you.

I'm trying to help you here, to be honest. You feel this strongly? Write to Ubisoft not SW about this non sense.

metacritic always mean shit. i dont know why you guys obsessed with metacritic and scores. quality of game matter. in chaos theory you take gun and try to do action you fail. in other splinter cell game. you complete the mission by pew pew pew the crap out of them.

its not an option. its dumbing down games for noobs. for those who cant play stealth games. yes later splinter cell games are hand holding and early games were deep and complex inspired by Thief 1 and 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@cainetao11 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@cainetao11 said:

@ghosts4ever:

metacritic always mean shit. i dont know why you guys obsessed with metacritic and scores. quality of game matter. in chaos theory you take gun and try to do action you fail. in other splinter cell game. you complete the mission by pew pew pew the crap out of them.

its not an option. its dumbing down games for noobs. for those who cant play stealth games. yes later splinter cell games are hand holding and early games were deep and complex inspired by Thief 1 and 2.

The older SC games were tedious and boring imo. I'm glad they changed them.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 cainetao11

@ghosts4ever:

I don't disagree there. Metacritic does mean almost shit.

But then you say "quality of game matter". But quality according to whom? You? Why should I give a shit what you think of a game? You don't pay for my games or systems and I don't play with your taste in games, I play by my own. And I am disagreeing with you on Splinter Cell Blacklist as I have on many games.

No it is an option. If you don't wish to play that way then don't do it. Its up to you. And why shouldn't a company try to attract new consumers to its products? I ran my own business from 1993 -1995 and I had to get new clients constantly. That's life pal. That's why I said if you don't like this, don't buy Splinter Cell anymore.