jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jcafcwbb
Member since 2015 • 670 Posts

I believe there will a mid-gen refresh but will there be a new generation to be with the PS6?

I have said for a long time that MS has acted like they wanted out of the console business and I thought they would just sell software via the Microsoft store and Game Pass. I was surprised by the 3rd Party stuff and I still doubt if everything is going third party. I have never believed they we going to quit the games industry entirely.

But are you confident we will see anything beyond the mid-gen refresh?

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7202 Posts

Yes, as long as 20+ million are buying them, Microsoft will sell them. Heck, they sell Xbox Fridges.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@mesome713 said:

Yes, as long as 20+ million are buying them, Microsoft will sell them. Heck, they sell Xbox Fridges.

I am not sure MS making a new console will happen, and also I highly doubt current lems will buy another xbox after the lost of trust in MS these past few days. only an idiot wants to be fooled twice.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8221 Posts

Yup

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 15999 Posts

I think it depends on how they understand the market. If they are convinced that they can make money off of it, they'll make one. If not, they won't.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44179 Posts

Well there is a rumour about them working on a follow up console beyond a mid gen refresh so I guess I’ll go with a “Yes” for now.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By daredevils2k
@daredevils2k said:
@mesome713 said:

I am not sure MS making a new console will happen, and also I highly doubt current lems will buy another xbox after the lost of trust in MS these past few days. only an idiot wants to be fooled twice.

@sargentd said:

Yup

if you all really think MS is going to make another xbox , after Team Xbox expects hardware sales to decline, then I don't know what else would convince you die hard lems to open up your eyes and come back to reality.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1052 Posts

I hope MS will make another console with dedicated hardware that can play games locally and is able to work offline in a similar way to current consoles.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

Hope so, I dont want to @SecretPolice in full damage control. :P

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SargentD

@daredevils2k: MS is not going to leave hardware. It gives them too much of a stable base to sell games and gamepass subs. Plus the hardware itself is good and well integrated with PC. Something they have put alot of time and money into building.

The only difference now, is they don't have to worry about selling more consoles than Playstation to compete, because the games will be sold on all plastic boxes not just thiers.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 daredevils2k

@Heil68 said:

This post deserves two.... stamps of approval

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By daredevils2k

@sargentd said:

@daredevils2k: MS is not going to leave hardware. It gives them too much of a stable base to sell games and gamepass subs. Plus the hardware itself is good and well integrated with PC. Something they have put alot of time and money into building.

The only difference now, is they don't have to worry about selling more consoles than Playstation to compete, because the games will be sold on all plastic boxes not just thiers.

so what you are saying is, MS is okay Shelling out tons of money to manufacturers to make a console that hardly anyone is buying ( 3% increase in xbox sold in 2023 according to MS) lay off 2k employees just to stay in the console market? is this what you are telling me? Well If that is the case, I guess the only option @sargentd is ....

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SargentD

@daredevils2k said:
@sargentd said:

so what you are saying is, MS is okay Shelling out tons of money to manufacturers to make a console that hardly anyone is buying ( 3% increase in xbox sold in 2023 according to MS) lay off 2k employees just to stay in the console market? is this what you are telling me? Well If that is the case, I guess the only option @sargentd is ....

What it means is if they sell a couple million less consoles it won't matter financially with the money they make putting all software on all plastic boxes regardless of brand.

That doesn't mean you pull out completely of hardware. It just means it's not as critical to sell to achieve higher margins of profit.

Install base is king to sell software. And MS is going to have the biggest install base of the big 3 by selling games 3rd party. More customers than ninty and Sony combined

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By daredevils2k
@sargentd said:
@daredevils2k said:
@sargentd said:

What it means is if they sell a couple million less consoles it won't matter financially with the money they make putting all software on all plastic boxes regardless of brand.

dude they sold 20 million less consoles then the ps5 which came out during the same time period. but their isn't no point for me to go further into this debate with you, but all I have to say is, lems like you is the reason why xbox brand is dead. instead of wanting more from the brand, you and others happily bent over for them and now xbox brand is 6 feet under.

but I will say this, thanks to wishful thinking, I hope MS does make another console , so that Sony doesn't get comfortable with just making a bare mim console.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

It'll be a refresh to the Series consoles only. After that, they either kill the box off completely or license the Xbox brand out to other manufacturers who produce hardware that runs Xbox games. These will either be streaming devices or native hardware.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17819 Posts

I think so. There is still value in having the console there as it keeps any barriers to entry for getting on gamepass to a minimum.

Now whether they will push for something as powerful, relatively speaking, is a different matter. The market at large is making it very clear that it doesn't care all that much about horsepower now. The XSX is losing to the PS5. The XSS is outselling the XSX by the looks of things. The switch is doing gangbusters. Devices like the steam deck (which is very weak by PC standards) are also selling really well.

So they may very well decide to target, say, the 350 bucks price point instead of 500 and release something more moderate. Good enough. Does the job. Maybe they will have a console and portable SKU too...who knows.

One thing MS have learned from the PC space though is that relying solely on third party hardware vendors can be problematic for delivering your own services. So they have the surface line of devices just to keep that door open.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1248 Posts

yip,you can bet your account on it.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 daredevils2k

@daredevils2k said:
@sargentd said:
@daredevils2k said:
@sargentd said:

dude they sold 20 million less consoles then the ps5 which came out during the same time period. but their isn't no point for me to go further into this debate with you, but all I have to say is, lems like you is the reason why xbox brand is dead. instead of wanting more from the brand, you and others happily bent over for them and now xbox brand is 6 feet under.

but I will say this, thanks to wishful thinking, I hope MS does make another console , so that Sony doesn't get comfortable with just making a bare mim console.

One other thing I forgot to mention is , what would be the point of MS heavily investing to Xcloud if are wanting to make another hardware. Streaming is MS vision now, because they feel they can make tons of money with out making hardware.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SargentD
@daredevils2k said:
@sargentd said:
@daredevils2k said:
@sargentd said:

If MS is selling software 3rd party.. then every console sold by PS and Ninty is another customer for them...

The only reason Ninty has to sell a shit ton of consoles is because that is thier entire install base to sell games too. Was the same for Sony... but even they are porting to PC now to get a slice of the pie...

Neither Sony, MS, or Ninty making money off console sales.

MS will still have its Console, with Gamepass, Xcloud, remote play, quick resume, and Play anywhere.

They just won't be as limited as Sony and Ninty to who they can sell games too.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By dabear
Member since 2002 • 8854 Posts

@jcafcwbb: They will release another console. It will be just DOA and end like the Dreamcast.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46296 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Best moment this gen was when Secret Police got his Xbox Series X. Wholesome moment.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11097 Posts

I believe yes, if just to save face with their core fandom for one more gen. Even though the 3rd party machines are probably a better idea.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

For whom? Nobody is buying their current Xboxes, and they currently still have their pc/xbox exclusives. If everything is on PS, they will sell under 10M new Xbox lifetime. Nobody will invest the time and resources into the research for such miserable sales.

The Xbox brand is done, just like i predicted. Kvally and dabear are in shambles.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#24 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69483 Posts

Ask Microsoft.🤷🏽‍♂️

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By daredevils2k
@sargentd said:
@daredevils2k said:
@sargentd said:
@daredevils2k said:

If MS is selling software 3rd party.. then every console sold by PS and Ninty is another customer for them...

The only reason Ninty has to sell a shit ton of consoles is because that is thier entire install base to sell games too. Was the same for Sony... but even they are porting to PC now to get a slice of the pie...

Neither Sony, MS, or Ninty making money off console sales.

MS will still have its Console, with Gamepass, Xcloud, remote play, quick resume, and Play anywhere.

They just won't be as limited as Sony and Ninty to who they can sell games too.

all I want to say is this, the xb1 controller cost over 100 mill in R&D and I can't even imagine how much R&D goes into a console, but I highly doubt MS wants to spend that much money again for almost 0 return . but hey what do I know. all I know is XBOX dept would love to make new console, but MS as a whole is a different story. /cheers

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Zero_epyon

@BenjaminBanklin said:

I believe yes, if just to save face with their core fandom for one more gen. Even though the 3rd party machines are probably a better idea.

I don't think they care about the core fandom. There's no point in maintaining hardware when you can just release it on other platforms. Those Xbox gamers aren't going to just quit gaming. They'll move to some other platform they fully intend to be on. But yeah a third party device would make the best sense to keep "Xbox" around without them doing any of the work.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

I love how lems trying their hardest to spin this armegeddon into a positive🤡

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11097 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

I don't think they care about the core fandom. There's no point in maintaining hardware when you can just release it on other platforms. Those Xbox gamers aren't going to just quit gaming. They'll move to some other platform they fully intend to be on. But yeah a third party device would make the best sense to keep "Xbox" around without them doing any of the work.

At the very least they could actually make money licensing out the brand to other hardware makers instead of just losing money producing these boxes themselves. Especially when they don't move and they get in further in the hole by discounting them.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8471 Posts

I think they might still release the consoles but not at a loss like all console manufacturers not named Nintendo usually do.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By daredevils2k

@hardwenzen said:

me trying to hold in my laughter

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zero_epyon

@BenjaminBanklin: absolutely!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Heil68

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Heil68 said:

Best moment this gen was when Secret Police got his Xbox Series X. Wholesome moment.

I agree! It shows you don't have to get the best(PS5) and still can be happy and thankful. ;)

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1046 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

A sight to behold. Everything is fine. LOL

For now i trust this leak. Guy is 100% on the money for now. So, according to him, next-gen Xbox consoles will be akin to partnership like 3rd party controllers whereby other manufacturers will make the hardware which can run Xbox games.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3056 Posts

I'm still waiting for some more concrete information... but it's not looking good. I don't understand how anyone could trust them after recent events. But in this day and age, dumb is abundant.

I keep seeing people saying third party manufacturers will pick up the slack, but what's the track record on that? Steam Machine (which I could've sworn was called Steam Box... maybe not), and 3DO. I'm not so sure that's a winning strategy either.

What about this? Sony and Nintendo go "sure, we'll put gamepass on our systems", and then at the last minute go "nahhhh". What could they do? Go back to selling unsuccessful consoles to the fanbase they just bamboozled? Then Steam becomes the only place to get CoD. And it finally dies the death it deserves.

Back when they were packing those multiplayer codes in games to combat piracy and resale, they said at least Sony and Microsoft were in talks to curb that at a system level. When I heard that, I thought Sony should just agree and then pull out at the last second. Then comes E3 2013, and Xbox ate a bowl of sh!t with their always online announcement, while Sony won the day with their conference. Probably not how it went down, but the outcome was the same as my idea.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

I thought there was a leak which said a series X digital was in the pipeline. That could have changed.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 911 Posts

Short answer- yes.

Long answer- Yes, because no more Xbox hardware = millions of dollars and subs lost in Gamepass/Xbox Live (I know it's not called that anymore).

My prediction:

Older games (1 year old or more) will go to other platforms, just like Playstation is doing putting games on PC.

Newer games will sometimes be timed exclusive on Xbox (Avowed, Fable, Hellblade), other times release simultaneously on other platforms (Indiana Jones, Call of Duty).

Playstation and Nintendo don't want gamepass so it'll continue to stay on Xbox as their biggest source of revenue.

Curious to see how gamepass is handled in the future- will prices go up, a higher paid tier to keep playing new games day & date, or will they just not put big games day & date on it anymore?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

MS did said there's gonna be another Xbox console in the future, so that answers this question.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7166 Posts

I believe a series s type console. low price console.

no more disc drive for any console.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2929 Posts

Yep. Xbox won't be their main focus, that will be Gamepass of course, but MS still wants to offer a console along PC. Not all of us want to play on PC, and MS would lose a lot of Gamepass subscribers if we can't play on Xbox.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46296 Posts

@Heil68 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@Heil68 said:

I agree! It shows you don't have to get the best(PS5) and still can be happy and thankful. ;)

This is why I always root for the underdog. having the best is just so boring :p

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 daredevils2k

@davillain: “ MS did said there's gonna be another Xbox console in the future, so that answers this question.”

And MS said their games will be console exclusives 😂

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22685 Posts

If the announcements are to go full third party publishing I'd recommend they not build more xboxs.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Heil68

@TheEroica said:

If the announcements are to go full third party publishing I'd recommend they not build more xboxs.

Will GS give mods updates on how to push MS narratives to the community? :P

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22685 Posts

@Heil68 said:
@TheEroica said:

Will GS give mods updates on how to push MS narratives to the community? :P

I'm still on the books being paid by Microsoft so I can't comment other than to say tune in next week! 😘💋

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@jcafcwbb: I'll say this, as long as Sony or Nintendo reject gamepass, there will always be people buying xbox. Millions of smart gamers who love the value that xbox brings to the table.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

@Heil68 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@Heil68 said:

lol :P

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 daredevils2k

If MS was to make another console, they would be smart to make a hybrid like the Switch , because their traditional console couldn’t even outsell the xb1 in total sales

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Heil68

@SecretPolice said:
@Heil68 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@Heil68 said:

lol :P

:P

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#50 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12957 Posts

Of course, it's already in development. They won't stop making Xbox consoles until people stop buying them. They have sold 30 million Series consoles and will continue to sell more.