Wii-U won't fail longterm for one very simple reason.

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

As soon as their first party titles start coming out, sales will pick up just as they did with the 3DS.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Puckhog04

In my opinion, you only listed 2-3 good franchises: Pokemon, SSB, and maybe Mario. Everything else is meh or downright boring.SuperNecro

You don't consider Zelda, Donkey Kong, Kirby, and a few of the others great franchises?

Don't as you then, your opinion downright sucks.

SuddenlySudden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#53 SuddenlySudden
Member since 2013 • 618 Posts
^^^LOL HOLY SHIT I THINK I JUST SHUT DOWN THIS THREAD
King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts
It still has a chance of being a great console to own. I think Nintendo will drop some bombs at E3 for it. Heil68
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#55 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Do you mean just like N64 and GameCube?

Nintendo exclusives are awesome, i agree, but consoles do need third party support to deliver. Other than the Wii, which had a different selling point, i don't think a console can survive without third parties.

trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 trollop_scat
Member since 2006 • 2656 Posts

give me zelda mario and SSB, and that's all I need forever.

vanadiel242424

Good news, you don't even have to spend $350 on a Wii U to play those busted old games. Just go to a used games store and buy an old Super Nes, or Gamecube and you'll be all set. Meanwhile the rest of us will be playing awesome new games like Dark Souls 2 and Fallout 4...

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Wiicube

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

Wii U mad bro that Mario 64 2 will be the game of the generation :cool:

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Wii Poop

StrongBlackVine

Wiicube

StrongBlackVine
Are you 12? :|
vanadiel242424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 vanadiel242424
Member since 2004 • 1795 Posts

What I find funny is people who think people buy nintendo consoles for something OTHER then 1st party games.

everybody going into buying a NINTENDO console buys it for 1st party games only. 3rd party = bonus

trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 trollop_scat

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

Wii Poop

MonsieurX

Wiicube

StrongBlackVine

Worse, he's an RE6 fan...

mysticstryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 mysticstryk
Member since 2008 • 1709 Posts

Nintendo 1st party didn't do much for the Gamecube.

Investors care about profits, and right now the Wii U is making a profit after 1 game is sold, which is almost a guarantee.

trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 trollop_scat

mysticstryk

Gamecube's exclusives are what it the console to have: REmake and Eternal Darkness in particular. Why doesnt Nintendo secure any good M rated exclusives for the Wii U?

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

[QUOTE="mysticstryk"]

trollop_scat

Gamecube's exclusives are what it the console to have: REmake and Eternal Darkness in particular. Why doesnt Nintendo secure any good M rated exclusives for the Wii U?

Many of the Nintendo fans I've spoken to believe the poor sales of pretty much every M-Rated game they published has made them reluctant to try again. Granted Bayonetta 2 might be M-Rated.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#65 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I have a funny feeling the WiiU will recover if ninty handles the console like they are handling 3DS in the long term.

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

I already played them all, so meh.

Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

Wow these are the same games I have seen since N64.

I guess Nintendo lost all there Idea's 16 years ago.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 StrongBlackVine

I already played them all, so meh.

ultimate-k

Nope rehashed Nintendo shit is still the best.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

didn't stop the n64 and gamecube from flopping

Sweenix
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Puckhog04

nintendo is also super rich. They will prop up this turd for a long time. Look what they did with the 3DS.GunSmith1_basic

The 3DS started selling incredibly well after their 1st party titles started coming out. That of which could happen with the Wii U as well. For now, it's not selling TERRIBLY...but it certainly could be selling alot better. Only time will tell what happens.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Puckhog04

[QUOTE="Sweenix"]

gameboy343

nintendo 64 flopped? i don't think i have met a person around my age that didn't own one.

As far as I remember, the N64 was producing and making games for roughly 5 years so...yea. I think people throw around the "flop" statement very loosely...and stupidly if I might add.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#72 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

there is a pokemon coming to wii u ,    that said , ,tc is very right ,   in terms of profitability it wont fail and it will probably sell through 50 m -75 m plus  just look at ps3 ,  for example 

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#73 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

Investors care about profits, and right now the Wii U is making a profit after 1 game is sold, which is almost a guarantee.

mysticstryk

well xbox wasnt to far ahead either

SuddenlySudden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 SuddenlySudden

[QUOTE="vanadiel242424"]

They have the best exclusives period, 1st party > 3rd party.

Zelda

mario

ssb

kirby

metrod

yoshi

pokemon

donkey kong

starfox

How can you honestly compete with that? sorry but nintendo has been around for decades BECAUSE of the 1st party, they don't need 3rd party games.

Everybody I know, including myself bought the wii-U for one reason, and one reason only. 1st party games.

SuddenlySudden

lol it's funny before I clicked the thread I already knew what reasons you'd list and for that alone the WIIU already failed. The WiiU is already a failure and will continue to be a failure because we now KNOW for a fact that the only thing that drives nintendo is nostalgia and milked titles, because without these titles their fans don't want to look at them.Nintendo can make ten mario games for the wii U that scrore perfect 10/10 and it wouldn't make any difference anymore. Anything they do at this point is going to go back to the stupid argument of nintendo being only for kids or for Mario lovers and for nostalgia and milked titles. Ezverything nintendo can do to save the Wii is only going to prove that point

SHEEP+NINTENDO=OWNED

THIS THREAD SHOULD HAVE ENDED HERE Sheep you should just drop out and resign from system wars. Or merge with hermits, cows or lems.
SuddenlySudden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 SuddenlySudden

Wii Poop

MonsieurX

Wiicube

StrongBlackVine

before you ask someone if they're 12 you should ask yourself why you're on the internet arguing with a 12 year old if you're sooo mature
Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Wiiu will fail just like the Gamecube did. Nobody cares about their 1980s baby boomer cartoon lineup anymore.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#77 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

They have the most nostalgia exclusives period, 1st party & 3rd party. vanadiel242424

Fixed.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#78 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
nintendo is also super rich. They will prop up this turd for a long time. Look what they did with the 3DS.
gameboy343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 gameboy343
Member since 2005 • 1024 Posts

Sweenix

nintendo 64 flopped? i don't think i have met a person around my age that didn't own one. 

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

It's generally understood that Nintendo systems are primarily for Nintendo games. That doesn't invalidate criticism of their platforms or gurantees their success and it seems the fanbase isn't completely behind the Wii U anyways.

It would be awesome if Nintendo could garner the level of Japanese support that they get on their handhelds. Systems that still have stellar libraries considering the third party support it gets.

Avatar image for DenaliStrat1020
DenaliStrat1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 DenaliStrat1020
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

In my opinion, having a PC, a 3DS XL and a Wii U is more than enough selection for me. I also have a PS3 on hand for Sony exclusives. It all comes down to personal preference. Why am I in System Wars again?

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#82 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

That isn't a goodd reason because you can't always rely on those franchise to bail you out and the only ones I care about is Mario,Zelda,Metroid and Smash Bros and do you really think Star Fox will return.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
What makes you think games like starfox and donkey kong will sell well? Those franchises had like one hit and are really old. Pokemon and starfox will never make it to the WiiU btw.
moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="vanadiel242424"]

Zelda

mario

ssb

kirby

metrod

yoshi

pokemon

donkey kong

starfox

How can you honestly compete with that? sorry but nintendo has been around for decades BECAUSE of the 1st party, they don't need 3rd party games.

Everybody I know, including myself bought the wii-U for one reason, and one reason only. 1st party games.

Rattlesnake_8

I'd rather play: Tomb Raider Bioshock GTA Watch Dogs Battlefield 4 The Last of Us and many other amazing games coming out this year that aren't on the Wii U.

I'd rather be able to play them ALL.... Oh wait... I CAN, because I'm not a fanboy idiot.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#86 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41558 Posts

[QUOTE="gameboy343"]

[QUOTE="Sweenix"]

Puckhog04

As far as I remember, the N64 was producing and making games for roughly 5 years so...yea. I think people throw around the "flop" statement very loosely...and stupidly if I might add.

It was a flop compared to the SNES and considering a lot of people back then got tired of what Nintendo was doing as a result (thus, adding more to the PlayStation's popularity).

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

Gamecube was considered a failure by many- I wouldn't exactly call it a success, myself. Apparently 1st party didn't save it :o

I've noticed that aside from the Wii's early fad, Nintendo seems to do poorly in consoles but really well in handheld. 

simomate
What???? The NES and SNES were hugely successful.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

Obviously we are talking about N64 and Gamecube flops....Wii U is on a similar course.

StrongBlackVine

Please stop assuming things. No one knows what will happen in the next 12 months for any next gen consoles. All three consoles futures will be decided by how high the consumer demand for all three will be in the future. The consumer demand for the WiiU will increase if ninty fixes the problems that are plauging the console currently. The consumer demand for the other two will depend on the price of those two. If the price for those two are out of the price range any consumer is willing to pay for those products both consoles will struggle to sell. Things like the rumored suscription plan for the 720 may get more 720's into people houses if the subscription plan is reasonable. If both the 720 and PS4 launch close to each other they will destroy each other potential to sell out if consumers can't get both of them. Also, if the launch titles are horrible for either of those two they will struggle.

How will Nintendo fix lack of 3rd party support and last generation visuals? I guess you are saying just wait til Mario, Zelda etc?

For the first one ninty can try to make deals with small developers(i.e indie devs) and mid-tier publishers like what they are doing right now with some Japanese developers/publishers.And who cares if the console is weak. If the games produced for a console are fun and intreresting people will buy the console like what happened with the Wii when it launched with Wii sports.Only the hardcore gamers mostly care about graphics on a console.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

How will Nintendo fix lack of 3rd party support and last generation visuals? I guess you are saying just wait til Mario, Zelda etc?

StrongBlackVine

For the first one ninty can try to make deals with small developers(i.e indie devs) and mid-tier publishers like what they are doing right now with some Japanese developers/publishers.And who cares if the console is weak. If the games produced for a console are fun and intreresting people will buy the console like what happened with the Wii when it launched with Wii sports.Only the hardcore gamers mostly care about graphics on a console.

Why do people keep using the Wii as some as example of what the Wii U can become? The Wii was the biggest fluke in gaming history.

People thought Wii sports was fun and bought the console.The closest we have to Wii sports is nintendoland,but if more people hear about nintendoland they will buy it.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"][QUOTE="vanadiel242424"]

Zelda

mario

ssb

kirby

metrod

yoshi

pokemon

donkey kong

starfox

moistsandwich

I'd rather play: Tomb Raider Bioshock GTA Watch Dogs Battlefield 4 The Last of Us and many other amazing games coming out this year that aren't on the Wii U.

I'd rather be able to play them ALL.... Oh wait... I CAN, because I'm not a fanboy idiot.

Most people don't have time to play everything or have no desire to do so...

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="simomate"]

Gamecube was considered a failure by many- I wouldn't exactly call it a success, myself. Apparently 1st party didn't save it :o

I've noticed that aside from the Wii's early fad, Nintendo seems to do poorly in consoles but really well in handheld. 

clone01

Obviously we are talking about N64 and Gamecube flops....Wii U is on a similar course.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="simomate"]

StrongBlackVine

Please stop assuming things. No one knows what will happen in the next 12 months for any next gen consoles. All three consoles futures will be decided by how high the consumer demand for all three will be in the future. The consumer demand for the WiiU will increase if ninty fixes the problems that are plauging the console currently. The consumer demand for the other two will depend on the price of those two. If the price for those two are out of the price range any consumer is willing to pay for those products both consoles will struggle to sell. Things like the rumored suscription plan for the 720 may get more 720's into people houses if the subscription plan is reasonable. If both the 720 and PS4 launch close to each other they will destroy each other potential to sell out if consumers can't get both of them. Also, if the launch titles are horrible for either of those two they will struggle.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="clone01"] What???? The NES and SNES were hugely successful.super600

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="super600"]

super600

Why do people keep using the Wii as some as example of what the Wii U can become? The Wii was the biggest fluke in gaming history.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 MonsieurX

[QUOTE="super600"]

StrongBlackVine

Why bother with visuals? Get a PC,not a console :lol:
HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

Mario 64 2 will make the Wii U the greatest machine in console history. I believe in you Nintendo :oops:

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="super600"]

MonsieurX

I will get another PC eventually, but for most people a high end gaming rig is not an attractive option for lots of reason. Therefore conosle graphics do matter, but you knew that already.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

StrongBlackVine

I will get another PC eventually, but for most people a high end gaming rig is not an attractive option for lots of reason. Therefore conosle graphics do matter, but you knew that already.

Graphics don't matter if the game is not fun(i.e Crysis 2 and 3 and maybe the killzone franchise)

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"] Why bother with visuals? Get a PC,not a console :lol:super600

Graphics don't matter if the game is not fun(i.e Crysis 2 and 3 and maybe the killzone franchise)

What about all the fun games that also have good graphics? I'm not saying that Nintendo games are not fun, but they are not appealing to me.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 MonsieurX

[QUOTE="super600"]

StrongBlackVine

What about all the fun games that also have good graphics? I'm not saying that Nintendo games are not fun, but they are not appealing to me.

Teh kiddies games!!11