Wii's "incredible" list of games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

demon-returns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 demon-returns
Member since 2007 • 1451 Posts

Please go through the release dates and see for yourself. Ignore all these so called lists sheep having been making lately it's like they've been quite all of last year and now that they hope they're hyping things left and right worse than a kid with ADD.....

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?Ns=Sort_ETA%7c0&N=5+138&No=0

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
I have to ignore their lists but listen to Gamestop's?
cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cowgriller
Member since 2008 • 3153 Posts

Diva girls on ice. oh ----, that's epic win right there.

put that together with the wii travel bag and this gen is over.

demon-returns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 demon-returns

to put it in simple terms "oreomilkshake"....yes

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
I have to ignore their lists but listen to Gamestop's?OreoMilkshake
Yeah ignore the good games, lets pretend like they don't exist or something, let's instead look at the shovelware and kids games that everyone already knows exists and pretend like that's all that Wii has, it's the only fair way to do things.
demon-returns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 demon-returns

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"]I have to ignore their lists but listen to Gamestop's?bobbetybob
Yeah ignore the good games, lets pretend like they don't exist or something, let's instead look at the shovelware and kids games that everyone already knows exists and pretend like that's all that Wii has, it's the only fair way to do things.

hey you can get mad all you but I didn't make that list up friend...gamestop did. They might be fanboys afterall putting fake wii games on their list of release dates who knows.....

I'm just the bearer of bad news;)

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 OreoMilkshake

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"][QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"]I have to ignore their lists but listen to Gamestop's?demon-returns

hey you can get mad all you but I didn't make that list up friend...gamestop did. They might be fanboys afterall putting fake wii games on their list of release dates who knows.....

Fake Wii games? :lol:
stvee101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 stvee101
Member since 2006 • 2953 Posts

cowgriller

I bet the developers of shovelware garbage like this die a little inside everytime they make one of these "games".

cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cowgriller

[QUOTE="demon-returns"]

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"] Yeah ignore the good games, lets pretend like they don't exist or something, let's instead look at the shovelware and kids games that everyone already knows exists and pretend like that's all that Wii has, it's the only fair way to do things.OreoMilkshake

wait. so science papa is fake?

noooo!!! this game looks awesome. the guy looks like einstein got electrocuted and went bat---- crazy. well at least charm girls and pet shop are real.

stvee101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 stvee101

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"][QUOTE="demon-returns"]

cowgriller

noooo!!! this game looks awesome. the guy looks like einstein got electrocuted and went bat---- crazy. well at least charm girls and pet shop are real.

Science Papa?!!!!! :lol:

This thread just got epic. :P

demon-returns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 demon-returns

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

stvee101

I bet the developers of shovelware garbage like this die a little inside everytime they make one of these "games".

Not once the money starts flowing in like milk and honey my friend.....they could care less what you and I think as long as they have sheep to sell it to.

cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cowgriller

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

stvee101

dude, the gaming industry as a whole dies every time someone even thinks of making one of these games. somewhere out there, theirs a gamer that's crying and another vomiting in rage and shock.

blankhorizons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 blankhorizons
Member since 2009 • 62 Posts

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

stvee101

I died a little bit inside after being forced to stare at this box art. thanks alot.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bobbetybob
Oh I get it, can't bash the Wii for having no games or the controller being gimmicky or having a fail E3 so lets go back to bashing shovelware, sweet.
stvee101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 stvee101

[QUOTE="stvee101"]

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

demon-returns

Not once the money starts flowing in like milk and honey my friend.....they could care less what you and I think as long as they have sheep to sell it to.

No I understand they probably make good money.

But lets say you're a shovelware developer constantly churning out this trash on a regular basis,but then you go to some gaming/developers conference and you're standing next to gabe newell or Peter Moleneux and their like "so what have you made recently?" and you go "em...Divas on ice"

Wouldn't that be so embarrasing and humiliating? Or as you said is it all about the money?

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

[QUOTE="stvee101"]

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

cowgriller

dude, the gaming industry as a whole dies every time someone even thinks of making one of these games. somewhere out there, theirs a gamer that's crying and another vomiting in rage and shock.

Someone please explain to be why you all hate that someone makes games for little girls or for kids as well as other games? My little girls LOVE the pony and Ice skater games and you all act like they should not exist. My bad Video games are only for silly forum fanboys. You should be happy that people make games for all sorts of people. Not like you have to buy them. I know I do not want my Daughters playing Halo or COD.

SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"][QUOTE="demon-returns"]

cowgriller

Aw hell yeah...lets get this party started!

demon-returns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 demon-returns

Oh I get it, can't bash the Wii for having no games or the controller being gimmicky or having a fail E3 so lets go back to bashing shovelware, sweet.bobbetybob

were you afraid to check out the link? The truth is hard to swallow sometimes but what you see is indeed facts. None of that he says she says crap...you can contact gamestop and tell them to take some of those games off their website if that might help ya out alittle, so you know you can sleep better tonight.

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

Please go through the release dates and see for yourself. Ignore all these so called lists sheep having been making lately it's like they've been quite all of last year and now that they hope they're hyping things left and right worse than a kid with ADD.....

demon-returns

I think you've been officially owned

/end thread

Avatar image for desmondsultanas
desmondsultanas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 desmondsultanas
Member since 2009 • 326 Posts

So basically this thread is Damage control?

cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cowgriller

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

[QUOTE="stvee101"]

mojito1988

Someone please explain to be why you all hate that someone makes games for little girls or for kids as well as other games? My little girls LOVE the pony and Ice skater games and you all act like they should not exist. My bad Video games are only for silly forum fanboys. You should be happy that people make games for all sorts of people. Not like you have to buy them. I know I do not want my Daughters playing Halo or COD.

it;s not the fact that devs are making these games, it's the fact that they are focusing on making more shovelware than anything else for the wii. hell even nintendo got in on it with wii sports and wii sports resort.

POJO_MOFO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 POJO_MOFO
Member since 2004 • 5525 Posts
This is shaping up to be the best year for Wii as far as hardcore games go, but still isnt saying much
demon-returns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 demon-returns

[QUOTE="demon-returns"]

[QUOTE="stvee101"]

stvee101

No I understand they probably make good money.

But lets say you're a shovelware developer constantly churning out this trash on a regular basis,but then you go to some gaming/developers conference and you're standing next to gabe newell or Peter Moleneux and their like "so what have you made recently?" and you go "em...Divas on ice"

Wouldn't that be so embarrasing and humiliating? Or as you said is it all about the money?

It may be but then considering that the budget for a game like divas doesn't cost much you'll be surprised to find out that they probably end up making more money than we might think, so in that case I dont blame them. Considering a game like mario and sonic at the olympics sold like 5 million copies while killzone 2 has yet to crack 2 million and you can see if I made that game I would be happy if money was all that mattered

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts

[QUOTE="demon-returns"]

kejigoto

I think you've been officially owned

/end thread

I agree.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bobbetybob

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"]Oh I get it, can't bash the Wii for having no games or the controller being gimmicky or having a fail E3 so lets go back to bashing shovelware, sweet.demon-returns

were you afraid to check out the link? The truth is hard to swallow sometimes but what you see is indeed facts. None of that he says she says crap...you can contact gamestop and tell them to take some of those games off their website if that might help ya out alittle, so you know you can sleep better tonight.

Oh do we really need to go over why bashing a console because it has shovelware is a terrible argument? I know it has shovelware, I don't need to click the link, I'm not denying it does, but I don't buy it, nobody on these forums does, so why bash a console for having it? It's like me saying "LOL PS3 just got a new game that nobody hyped or even knew was coming out and it got a 2, hahaha in your faces!" The only reason it has so much shovelware is because 50 million people own the console and a lot of those owners are naive gamers who don't know much about quality, which is why it's such a breeding ground for shovelware.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 OreoMilkshake

[QUOTE="mojito1988"]

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

cowgriller

it;s not the fact that devs are making these games, it's the fact that they are focusing on making more shovelware than anything else for the wii. hell even nintendo got in on it with wii sports and wii sports resort.

Wii Sports and Resort are not shovelware.
cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cowgriller

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

[QUOTE="mojito1988"]

OreoMilkshake

they really are. they're a bunch of minigames thrown together in one package and sold as a game. in other words, shovelware. sure most shovelware is complete garbage are aren't montages of mini games but wii sports and wii sports resort and wii fit fall into this category. they're first party shovelware, aka wiiware.

demon-returns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 demon-returns

[QUOTE="demon-returns"]

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"]Oh I get it, can't bash the Wii for having no games or the controller being gimmicky or having a fail E3 so lets go back to bashing shovelware, sweet.bobbetybob

Oh do we really need to go over why bashing a console because it has shovelware is a terrible argument? I know it has shovelware, I don't need to click the link, I'm not denying it does, but I don't buy it, nobody on these forums does, so why bash a console for having it? It's like me saying "LOL PS3 just got a new game that nobody hyped or even knew was coming out and it got a 2, hahaha in your faces!" The only reason it has so much shovelware is because 50 million people own the console and a lot of those owners are naive gamers who don't know much about quality, which is why it's such a breeding ground for shovelware.

I'm just presenting both of sides of the coin here...Like I said the list I present forth in this thread is not one I made myself. So if you're going to get mad or upset you need to be mad at gamestop for making that list of upcoming releases. I only go by what I see listed there

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 OreoMilkshake

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"][QUOTE="cowgriller"]

cowgriller

they really are. they're a bunch of minigames thrown together in one package and sold as a game. in other words, shovelware. sure most shovelware is complete garbage are aren't montages of mini games but wii sports and wii sports resort and wii fit fall into this category. they're first party shovelware, aka wiiware.

Shovelware is crappy low scoring games made in a few months. By your mini-game logic, Ninjabread Man is not shovelware.
Night-Wolf93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Night-Wolf93
Member since 2006 • 1260 Posts

Contra Rebirth is going to rule!!

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

[QUOTE="mojito1988"]

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

cowgriller

I know my family has had more fun on Wii sports that just about any other game out there so how is that "Shovelware again?"

tbone29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tbone29
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"]Fake Wii games? :lol:stvee101

Science Papa?!!!!! :lol:

This thread just got epic. :P

You can officially add me to the list of people boycotting Activision :roll:

tbone29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tbone29
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

cowgriller

Oh hell no they aren't...
cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 cowgriller

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"]Wii Sports and Resort are not shovelware.OreoMilkshake

they really are. they're a bunch of minigames thrown together in one package and sold as a game. in other words, shovelware. sure most shovelware is complete garbage and aren't montages of mini games but wii sports and wii sports resort and wii fit fall into this category. they're first party shovelware, aka wiiware.

Shovelware is crappy low scoring games made in a few months. By your mini-game logic, Ninjabread Man is not shovelware.

apparently you didn't read the secnd half of the statement were i said most shovelware is garbage and aren't montages. montages as in mini-games.

demon-returns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 demon-returns

bu.... bu

desmondsultanas

Its funny how you accuse me of damage control when you're one of THE biggest sheep on this forum. If I remember correctly you made a list about how the wii has the best line-up ever right? Now if thats not damage control I dont know what is...

besides why are you accusing gamestop of damage control? is their list of up coming games for the wii fake?? please answer me this question before I even acknowledge you on my radar again, or else all discussions with you from this point foward will have to be ceased and deceased goodday sir;)

Avatar image for desmondsultanas
desmondsultanas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 desmondsultanas
Member since 2009 • 326 Posts

This one is funny.

dragonball3900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dragonball3900
Member since 2005 • 8511 Posts

cowgriller

You don't know what shovelware is...Shovelware is unplayable, horrible, hard to look at...not anywhere near the free Wii Sports and the bundled Wii Sports Resort, because those do what they were trying to do exceptionally well.

That last sentence...do you know what WiiWare is?

cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 cowgriller

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

[QUOTE="mojito1988"]

mojito1988

I know my family has had more fun on Wii sports that just about any other game out there so how is that "Shovelware again?"

just because your family had fun doesn't mean the average gamer wii. it's shovelware because it was designed to entice casuals and doesn't have the kind of production value as hardcore game.

demon-returns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 demon-returns

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

[QUOTE="mojito1988"]

mojito1988

all that simply means is your family likes shovelware more than other families....but hey thats not a bad thing is it? cheer up

cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 cowgriller

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

[QUOTE="mojito1988"]

mojito1988

just because your family had fun doesn't mean the average gamer wii. it's shovelware because it was designed to entice casuals and doesn't have the kind of production value as hardcore games.

cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 cowgriller

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"]Wii Sports and Resort are not shovelware.tbone29

Oh hell no they aren't...

oh hell yes they are.

AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts

demon-returns

Yes, I'll ONLY go by GameStop's list, because they are ALWAYS accurate. :|

cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 cowgriller

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"]Wii Sports and Resort are not shovelware.dragonball3900

You don't know what shovelware is...Shovelware is unplayable, horrible, hard to look at...not anywhere near the free Wii Sports and the bundled Wii Sports Resort, because those do what they were trying to do exceptionally well.

That last sentence...do you know what WiiWare is?

by that definition, the conduit can be considered shovelware. shovelware simply implies a game made with low production value, made solely to try to make money from informed gamers, ie, the casual gamer market.

demon-returns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 demon-returns

[QUOTE="demon-returns"]

AvIdGaMeR444

oh I'm sorry..I'll come to you for my release dates from now on because obviously MS, Nintendo, and Sony tell you first before gamestop right?:|

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 OreoMilkshake

they really are. they're a bunch of minigames thrown together in one package and sold as a game. in other words, shovelware. sure most shovelware is complete garbage and aren't montages of mini games but wii sports and wii sports resort and wii fit fall into this category. they're first party shovelware, aka wiiware.

cowgriller

apparently you didn't read the secnd half of the statement were i said most shovelware is garbage and aren't montages. montages as in mini-games.

Every game has montages. Halo 3 is a montage of shooting, Mario Galaxy is a montage of platforming, Metal Gear Solid is a montage of stealth and cutscenes etc etc.
cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 cowgriller

[QUOTE="demon-returns"]

AvIdGaMeR444

it's a list of all the upcoming titles that they were given a release date for. they do the same for the 360, the ps3 and the pc.