Wii Ware GameSpot Reviews - some of Gamespot's worst ever!

• 174 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

web966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#101 web966
Member since 2005 • 11654 Posts
lol, lost winds is amazing. I love the music.
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Wow.... Nintendophiles are so predictable.

I can hardly even stomach logging into the GS forums because the whole place is overrun with flaming Nintendophiles, spouting opinions like they are facts, touting sales numbers to show that the ignorant masses are on their side, and whining and crying anytime a hyped Wii game scores low, and claiming some sort of bais.

evilross

Let's ignore when cows whined about R&C review.

Let's ignore when lems whine about Mass Effect.

Typical hater.

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts
5.5 WTF?!? for a $10 game it is 8.0-8.5 easy. GS just doesnt get the concept of budget games.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

I can hardly even stomach logging into the GS forums because the whole place is overrun with flaming Nintendophiles, spouting opinions like they are facts, touting sales numbers to show that the ignorant masses are on their side, and whining and crying anytime a hyped Wii game scores low, and claiming some sort of bais.

Here is your average Nintendophile :

evilross

Blah, blah, blah is all I hear from you, you ever think for once this might just be I don't know actually something to moan about. If its Nintendo and if there are any individuals trying to defend said topic, you are so eagerly to jump on the hate wagon. This isn't about sale, I could care less about sales. This is about a game being scored terribly, not just in score wise (look around and see how it being scored elsewhere, check gamerankings if you like), but also gaining a review tjats so off its not even funny. There is inconsisticities within the written review, read it. This is about a poor review, I don't care if its Wii, 360, PS3, yada yada, its plain as day how off that review is. Its not being bais, its about doing a poor review, using untruths and inconsisticities.

And drop the act with that word "Nintendophile", if you haven't noticed we aren't single console owners.

Crying

"It only proves you're right."

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
[QUOTE="evilross"]

Here is your average Nintendophile :

ArisShadows

Blah, blah, blah is all I hear from you, you ever think for once this might just be I don't know actually something to moan about. If its Nintendo and if there are any individuals trying to defend said topic, you are so eagerly to jump on the hate wagon. This isn't about sale, I could care less about sales. This is about a game being scored terribly, not just in score wise (look around and see how it being scored elsewhere, check gamerankings if you like), but also gaining a review tjats so off its not even funny. There is inconsisticities within the written review, read it. This is about a poor review, I don't care if its Wii, 360, PS3, yada yada, its plain as day how off that review is. Its not being bais, its about doing a poor review, using untruths and inconsisticities.

And drop the act with that word "Nintendophile", if you haven't noticed we aren't single console owners.

Crying

"It only proves you're right."

Don't bother with him Aris. He still thinks Nintendo had no hand in developing Metroid Prime for Gamecube,

iamright05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 iamright05
Member since 2008 • 230 Posts
maybe the guy playing just isnt good at controllign wii games so was having difficulty, thats why he thought it was frusttrating and gave it a low score. I think the user is probably at fault fo rhaving trouble with the controls.

I think it definately deservers higher than 5.5 for sure. 5.5 is just abysmall.
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 laughingman42

I'm really debating on whether or not this review is worse than the Fire Emblem review.

Oh another note against this review. Portal is 3 hours long, cost twice as much, and still got AAA. (deserved it too)

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts

I'm really debating on whether or not this review is worse than the Fire Emblem review.

Oh another note against this review. Portal is 3 hours long, cost twice as much, and still got AAA. (deserved it too)

laughingman42

Ha ha your right.

Intead of complaing on the message boards maybe e-mails to editors about how poor a quality a review this is, (not the score but the review it self.) might be in order...

I mean if they let reviews this bad threw then I mean it tarnishes their image... It's in there best intrest to do as good as job as possible.

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 laughingman42
[QUOTE="laughingman42"]

GundamGuy0

Ha ha your right.

Intead of complaing on the message boards maybe e-mails to editors about how poor a quality a review this is, (not the score but the review it self.) might be in order...

I mean if they let reviews this bad threw then I mean it tarnishes their image... It's in there best intrest to do as good as job as possible.

I say that they let it stand just to show what a joke their reviews can be. I cant believe they let that see the light of day. Does no one proofread these things?

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts
[QUOTE="GundamGuy0"][QUOTE="laughingman42"]

laughingman42

Ha ha your right.

I say that they let it stand just to show what a joke their reviews can be. I cant believe they let that see the light of day. Does no one proofread these things?

Not anymore apparently.

Avatar image for ChinoJamesKeene
ChinoJamesKeene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 ChinoJamesKeene
Member since 2003 • 1201 Posts
[QUOTE="m_machine024"][QUOTE="ArisShadows"]

[QUOTE="m_machine024"]5.5? Did I play the same game as them? WTF??ArisShadows

I know what you mean.

I honestly think that the game has one of the best uses of the Wiimote that I've played. I feel sorry for anyone that trust that review cuz they will miss out on a great experience.

I sadden, people who arent up with GS antics in scoring will walk right on by. Lets hope people will see the Users Review Scores being at 8.9. After playing it, I was like "This is what a Wii game is suppose to be like" and how does that calculate a 5.5.

lol but users always rate everything 10, you can't really trust them either.

freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#112 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts

Ouch for Lost Winds

but GS worst review is Rachet and CLank FTOD

EPaul

Wrong. Their review for Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn was the worst ever.

gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#113 gingerdivid
Member since 2006 • 7206 Posts

I guess it's not the reviewers type of game.:?

Although the review is ambivalent, it's nothing to get too fired up about.

bf2nutta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 bf2nutta
Member since 2007 • 1356 Posts

ahh well i'm still getting it.... strange how other sites gave it good reviews, mayb the review only likes big guns and heavy metal

Anyone know how much wii ware titles are gonna cost in Britain?

kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#115 kansasdude2009
Member since 2006 • 11802 Posts

gingerdivid

well, I wish we knew more about this reviewer. I hope he doesn't review the next ICO game, because that WILL be funny. :P

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts

ahh well i'm still getting it.... strange how other sites gave it good reviews, mayb the review only likes big guns and heavy metal

Anyone know how much wii ware titles are gonna cost in Britain?

bf2nutta
The prices currently vary from 500 to 1500 points (Lost Winds specifically is 1000 points). So you can figure based on however much points cost over there.
gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 gingerdivid
Member since 2006 • 7206 Posts
[QUOTE="gingerdivid"]

kansasdude2009

well, I wish we knew more about this reviewer. I hope he doesn't review the next ICO game, because that WILL be funny. :P

Honestly, I thought it was Aaron Thomas looking at the score, I was surprised not to see him. This reviewer seems to be a new recruit, with a surname I've never seen before. It'll be interesting to see what Giant Bomb gives this.

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
Im still on GS right now for the forums only, *sigh* couldnt they just change reveiwers and copy nad paste reveiws from all other gaming sites, then id like it more.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#119 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
Obviously he reviewed these as 60 dollar games. Which means they're still pretty good right?
It's the only explanation i can come up with.
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
But i still think Mass Effect was the one i disagree with most, and ive never played Lost Winds, FF7:CC, R&C:ToD so i wouldn't know about them. I mean they gave it 6 good emblems and 0 bad ones but they still gave it a 8.5. And they were Good Start, Great Original Soundtrack, Great Story, IAA Winner 2007, Sucks You In and Terrefic Voice Acting and it should of gotten more aswell becasue they had some strange hate of the combet and driving bits.
Caviglia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Caviglia
Member since 2006 • 1344 Posts
That confirms what everybody already knew, Gamespot is a total joke and has nought credibility. Lets all just go to NeoGaf instead, that place is much better. And this is nothing about defending Nintendo as some have suggested, this is about defending a great game by Frontier studios and about promoting innovation.
Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts

shenmue, tony hawks 3, ratchet and clank, mgs3, uncharted.

im also going to assume that metroid prime 3, mario kart 64 were stupid reviews too, im basing this compared to other reviews.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#123 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26114 Posts
I usually complain about the review, not the score. But this hasn't seen reviews so surprising since the N64 era from Gamespot.
akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#124 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts

maybe they're trying to get some attention by giving harsh, controversial reviews

the only way they'll get respect back is through accurate, fair reviews

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts
Sheep are amazing, compare those games to other games out this gen and their scores, they got what they deserved, those games suck.
FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#126 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

Sheep are amazing, compare those games to other games out this gen and their scores, they got what they deserved, those games suck.Eddie-Vedder

And so does Rachet & Clank:ToD even though I haven't played it :roll:

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#127 mjarantilla
Member since 2002 • 15721 Posts

but when GS gave No More Heroes a 9.0 score and gave Ratcher 7+ sheep didn't complain, back then GS was good, back then GS was great review site :D HyporcisyAdrianWerner

Those scores were still within believable thresholds. I'm sorry, but when GS gives any game a score of 6.5 and lower, they're pretty much sending the message, "Hey! This is a TERRIBLE game! Don't buy it!", and LostWinds definitely is not a terrible game. If GS had given Ratchet a 5.5, fanboys might've still pounced on the score and rubbed it in cows' face, but there would still be a huge loss in everyone's confidence in GameSpot's reviews, not just cows.

Great_Ragnarok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Great_Ragnarok
Member since 2007 • 3069 Posts

What!

You have to be joking me. Pathetic is right, this is the final blow to me not ever using them as credible scores.

ArisShadows

so basicaly you come to gs for someone to always agree with you??? thats pretty insecure man. people come here to get an opinion on the game. if the opinion is justified then its a good review whether or not the score is lower than you expected.

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 mjarantilla
[QUOTE="ArisShadows"]

What!

You have to be joking me. Pathetic is right, this is the final blow to me not ever using them as credible scores.

Great_Ragnarok

so basicaly you come to gs for someone to always agree with you??? thats pretty insecure man. people come here to get an opinion on the game. if the opinion is justified then its a good review whether or not the score is lower than you expected.

The opinion ISN'T justified. Read the thread and you'll see just how little sense the review makes.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
[QUOTE="laughingman42"]

GundamGuy0

Ha ha your right.

Why doesn't anybody do that, though? If it really is so blatantly obvious that certain reviews are off (Fire Emblem, Lost Winds), then gamers should speak up.

darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts

How is it not worst than Ratchet review? At least a 7.5 is good but 5.5 is mediocre. And Lost Winds is NOT mediocre. That is just disgusting. Screw GS.m_machine024

R&C review was worse because it was one of their huge titles. It wasn't a $10 dollar downloadable game released right before summer time, it turned out to be one of their tent pole titles in the 4th qtr after MGS4 was pushed back unexpectedly (Drakes Fortune was the other one). The two are not equal, the Ratchet review just about destoryed PS3 4th qtr lineup and gave the impression that PS3 as a whole sucked and has failed with their exclusives. This game flopping does nothing to the Wii in that sense so that's why I think R&C was a worse review.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

Sheep are amazing, compare those games to other games out this gen and their scores, they got what they deserved, those games suck.Eddie-Vedder

You are amazing for being so ignorant. Furthermore, what you suggested has already been done:

laughingman42

Get with the times, Eddie-Vedder.

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

"Lacks personality?" glitchgeeman

Can anyone name another game that received that criticism? seriously.

samusarmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#134 samusarmada
Member since 2005 • 5816 Posts
:roll: as inconsistent as ever
vengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 vengi
Member since 2004 • 399 Posts

I'm going to ignore that review and buy the game anyway.

This game isn't a Wii smash hit, it hasn't been super hyped, it's just a little game that is made by a small UK developer.

People are upset about the low score/bad review not because it reflects badly on the Wii, but because it makes an almost unknown downloadable game that people really like - look bad.

The developer is small and is going to make LW2, I wonder how many sales GS badly written review has cost this game.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
lol Gamespot.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#137 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
I haven't played the game but you know the review is going to suck as soon as you see, "Only 3 hours long", now that'd be a legitimate reason if they hadn't rated some full retail price games that are only like 5-6 hours long 8-9's. It's like 12$ and it's a freaking puzzle game, what were they expecting a 20 hour long epic masterpiece for that price, and also for the size it takes up, you can't get much longer games than that on the 43mb limit for WiiWare.
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts
Who cares about this honestly......:roll: If you like playing the game and have a lot of funny doing it why should a score matter to you. :| Its just a little rediculous how people take these scores.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]but when GS gave No More Heroes a 9.0 score and gave Ratcher 7+ sheep didn't complain, back then GS was good, back then GS was great review site :D Hyporcisymjarantilla

Those scores were still within believable thresholds. I'm sorry, but when GS gives any game a score of 6.5 and lower, they're pretty much sending the message, "Hey! This is a TERRIBLE game! Don't buy it!", and LostWinds definitely is not a terrible game. If GS had given Ratchet a 5.5, fanboys might've still pounced on the score and rubbed it in cows' face, but there would still be a huge loss in everyone's confidence in GameSpot's reviews, not just cows.

12 years ago they gave Neverhood 4.7, while it was getting high 8s and 9s everywhere else. So it's nothing new

And GS unpredictability makes SW that much more fun

Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#140 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
Lost winds, "bad music"? WTF. It was actually quite calming and good. For $10 its an amazing package. Sure its short, about 2 hours, but everything else was very good except the final boss fight. Looses some points there. I personally can wait to see the next installment. Maybe this will even migrate to a full lenght game someday.
ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9161 Posts

but when GS gave No More Heroes a 9.0 score and gave Ratcher 7+ sheep didn't complain, back then GS was good, back then GS was great review site :D HyporcisyAdrianWerner

what are you talking about? :|

sheep have been suspicious of GS since Z:TP got 8.8

funny how you forget that so fast

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#142 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts
Gamespot has gone against that pack before. But really, some of their reviews certainly do not fit the game.
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#143 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
Did they also write "too many ugly environments"? Where they playing the same game I was? because the environments were actually beautiful, and its been a long time since I described a game in those terms.
AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts

GS reviews a lot of XBLA games incredibly high imo. Now it looks like there is some sort of bias against Wiiware titles. The 5.5 for LostWinds is much, much lower than the average. Usually, GS reviews games a little lower than other sites, but there isn't a HUGH discrepancy in their reviews usually except for a few games. However, with Wiiware, so far EVERY game has been reviewed much lower than the gamerankings average.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 AdrianWerner

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]but when GS gave No More Heroes a 9.0 score and gave Ratcher 7+ sheep didn't complain, back then GS was good, back then GS was great review site :D Hyporcisyogvampire

what are you talking about? :|

sheep have been suspicious of GS since Z:TP got 8.8

funny how you forget that so fast

nah, they were, but they quickly changed the tune when SMG got 9.5 and then GOTY, when NMH got 9.0 and then when Brawl got 9.5 again

The next time a Wii game gets AAA score sheep will love GS again

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 AdrianWerner

GS reviews a lot of XBLA games incredibly high imo. N

AvIdGaMeR444
Not as high as VC games, not THOSE game overrated like hell on regular basis
mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 mjarantilla
[QUOTE="mjarantilla"]

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]but when GS gave No More Heroes a 9.0 score and gave Ratcher 7+ sheep didn't complain, back then GS was good, back then GS was great review site :D HyporcisyAdrianWerner

12 years ago they gave Neverhood 4.7, while it was getting high 8s and 9s everywhere else. So it's nothing new

And GS unpredictability makes SW that much more fun

12 years ago? I don't think there were even any professional review sites out other than GameSpot when Neverhood came out. :|

*goes to do some research*

Oh hell, that was GameSpot's first year in operation!

blahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 blahzor
Member since 2005 • 2287 Posts

NMH was awesome, and i thought alot of pro nintendo fans did think the ratchet review was bogus? You sure about that?

But come on, don't act like hypocrisy is a new thing to humans at all, let alone a group of fans.

I also disagree with your comment on VC reviews. Some of the VC games are the best games ever made, and they have aged quite well. Games like LttP or SMW are underrated if anything, imo.

Anyways, i'm disapointed that gamespot has put so little time into covering wiiware. It was a new and exciting service launched for the wii, and we didn't seem to really hear anything about it.. the first reviews of wiiware products took days to appear, which would be fine for long retail games but sort of hard to understand for a game that can be beaten in 2-3hrs.

Tsug_Ze_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#149 Tsug_Ze_Wind
Member since 2006 • 9511 Posts

I would be shocked a year ago, but GS is just comedy now. No one actually uses their reviews.

I hope I can get Lost Winds soon. Stupid internet problems. :evil:

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#150 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
This is what Wii games get. I challenge someone to find me a game not by Nintendo to get higher then a 7 besides No more Heroes.

Capcom games don't count since they were all ports.