Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#52 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

@DaBrainz said:

The X1 and the PS4 also don't have any games that look much better than last gen. Just sayin.

And when they do, it's 30 fps.

-

Least the Wii U isn't pretending to be teh supa computaz and under delivering. It is what it is and the new Mario Kart game looks damn good.

The current gen is a fucking hustle so far. Don't know what they're supposed to be, graphically they look like gen 7.5. The only interesting thing so far is physics are better. Otherwise what, same stuff with better textures and resolution. And this is what we've got for the next 8 years?

Have to say, the Wii U is starting to impress. Thinking about trying out PC gaming for a while, I'm about to get a decent computer for free off someone minus a graphics card (it uses the i5 GPU right now).

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@lostrib said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@lostrib said:
@XboxStache said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@DaBrainz: Um infamous SS, KZ,SF and Ryse are massive leaps. Have you played them or you going off screenshots?

I was actually shocked at how good Ryse looked. I played a little Infamous SS at my buddy's...the game made me say "wtf". Those facial animations, all the lightning. Those are the two best looking games available right now.

...on consoles

You could easily put them in the top 5 on any platform.

I'm sure you would

Im sure anyone with common sense would.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@Gue1 said:

The GameCube was waaay more powerful than the PS2 but the latter often outperformed it on multiplat games if not always. Same thing is happening now with the Wii U vs PS3.

@AM-Gamer said:

For people comparing the Wii U to the PS3 and 360 my understanding was that it has a processor slightly weaker then both. But it has significantly more ram and a better GPU.

Both the PS4 and Xbone have weaker Cpu than last gen too but x86 is supposedly more convenient because of stuff like "out of order execution" (and cheaper too). And while the Wii U has a different Cpu Instruction Set than PS4/Xbone they all have exactly the same architecture where the console is heavily dependant on Gpgpu if they don't want to choke the Cpu and hinder performance. Cpu and Gpu have direct access to memory pools, etc.

Um that's actually not true. There is not a single way in which the PS4/XBOX1 CPU is weaker then the PS3/360. There said to be about 3x more powerful . The GPU and the Ram however offer a far larger leap .

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Oh look, we're playing graphics again.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@93BlackHawk93 said:

This and the new Zelda will likely set the Wii-U on par with the best of the 360/PS4 games, but no way is the Wii-U superior to either of them.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#57 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Actually it is much more powerful than PS3 and Xbox 360 . The problem is , they didn't create a single benchmark game for it to show its true power . That is one of the main reasons why it is selling poorly . Better marketing , different name and benchmark games would've sold a lot of Wii Us .

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#58 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@DaBrainz: Lmao what? Infamous SS, KZ shadowfall, Ryse, BF4, TR:DE. They all look better anything you will see on last gen and by a wide margin.

Disagree. Not a wide margin.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

The wii u is stronger on paper but the games look like ps3/360 games. So far there is no wii u game that screams next gen. As the TC has pointed out the HD twins best games look better than the wii u best looking games. Nintendo needs a game changer that says look the next gen is here.

X. Mario Kart 8. Bayonetta 2. The Legend of Zelda.

There's some great looking games there. Open your eyes and look.

Good looking yes but the graphics look similar 8 year old consoles. You look at what the xflop has done and you won't confuse the early games to 360 games. The wii u has had many 1st party exclusives and a 1 year lead but so far the results are sad. If Nintendo can't even get great results from their own console must be pretty week. So far the only thing saving them is art.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@XboxStache said:

@lostrib said:

@XboxStache said:

Meanwhile, PC still doesn't have exclusives worth the boot? Still will get multiplats thanks to consoles. Name me one PC exclusive that even in the realm of Uncharted, Halo, Super Mario Galaxy or Gears....I'll give you ARMA 2.

A) Uncharted was an average feeling game

B) Halo is on PC

C) Gears of war, also on PC

1080p/60fps PC exclusive

A. What PC game's even remotely like Uncharted? I'm sure you'd say Tomb Raider lol.

B. We already played Halo CE. What about Halo 2-4. That includes Reach, ODST, Halo 3, Halo wars etc. Keep grasping.

C. Gears 1. Again, we've already played the first part.

And yet, you've still not named me a must-have PC exclusive that's not an MMO (lulz), a first person Amnesia spin-off or a decent platformer. You're free to have your crappy 1080p/60fps PC exclusives...that aren't worth playing. I gave you Arma 2. Which means you're likely to come out swinging with Crysis 1. Just admit the better part of PC gaming is console multiplats.

...you mean Halo 2 the game released for Windows Vista?

Oh so now we're limiting the choice of game?

Does it hurt your back to move those goal posts?

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Oh look, we're playing graphics again.

At least it's not sales. That's the worst game.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

@lostrib said:

@XboxStache said:

@lostrib said:

@XboxStache said:

Meanwhile, PC still doesn't have exclusives worth the boot? Still will get multiplats thanks to consoles. Name me one PC exclusive that even in the realm of Uncharted, Halo, Super Mario Galaxy or Gears....I'll give you ARMA 2.

A) Uncharted was an average feeling game

B) Halo is on PC

C) Gears of war, also on PC

1080p/60fps PC exclusive

A. What PC game's even remotely like Uncharted? I'm sure you'd say Tomb Raider lol.

B. We already played Halo CE. What about Halo 2-4. That includes Reach, ODST, Halo 3, Halo wars etc. Keep grasping.

C. Gears 1. Again, we've already played the first part.

And yet, you've still not named me a must-have PC exclusive that's not an MMO (lulz), a first person Amnesia spin-off or a decent platformer. You're free to have your crappy 1080p/60fps PC exclusives...that aren't worth playing. I gave you Arma 2. Which means you're likely to come out swinging with Crysis 1. Just admit the better part of PC gaming is console multiplats.

...you mean Halo 2 the game released for Windows Vista?

Oh so now we're limiting the choice of game?

Does it hurt your back to move those goal posts?

PC gaming big at E3? lmao. Is it even relevant, cave boy?

My back's just fine. But you've still not named a single exclusive worth playing or shelling out any cash for on the PC; but I'm limiting your choice? Interesting. So, you've not only confirmed that the PC's nothing but MMO's, first person Amnesia spin-offs and sims...but you're also not able to prove me wrong. Show me, loser f-er. Show me a PC exclusive that even competes with Uncharted...YOU said Uncharted's an average game; so show me an average PC exclusive that trumps it in it's category. I'm not even dumb enough to say the Xbox division has their own Uncharted...lol. (figure that for a Lem)

Remember, 1080p and 60fps is awesome; when you actually have gameplay to back up the graphics. Yet, the only thing PC gamers can actually say is multiplats look better with customized settings, at higher resolution...doesn't say anything about how devs are hesitant to even solely produce games on PC thanks to piracy. Yes, that really does limit your choice. LMAO.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

We should ask @super600. he would know the exact percentages.

MdBrOtha04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By MdBrOtha04
Member since 2003 • 1828 Posts

@AM-Gher:I haven't played Ryse but otherwise he is correct. They do look alot better than previous gen. I pretty much had the same arrangement of gaming hardware last gen. So I speaking as some one who has all/seen all

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#65  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

WiiU really hasn't gotten games like Halo, Forza, Uncharted or God of War to even compare to the PS3 or 360.

All you can do is compare Multiplats like Splinter Cell or Assassin's Creed and it's been noted multiple times that WiiU development teams are small and 3rd party developers would rather Hold that version back before a 360 version or PS3 version of a game is finished.

It doesn't make WiiU any less capable of a system.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#66 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Lol he didn't include Monolith Soft's X.

Eray923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#67  Edited By Eray923
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

The reason we have yet to see wii u out perform xbox 360 is because all the games so far are ports of xbox 360 games. If the developers would take there time and build from ground up then we would see improvement. Wait till e3 suprises await i own all three 8th gen and they are all great can't really see a difference.

Eray923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Eray923
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Quit setting around like old women fighting over the prettiest purse and play the games thats whats wrong with the gaming industry these days.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@Eray923

The Industry encourages this behavoir. They encourage the "No girls allowed" attitude. Its a sausage fest filled with...... I'm gonna get banned again if I keep this up.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By lostrib

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Eray923

The Industry encourages this behavoir. They encourage the "No girls allowed" attitude. Its a sausage fest filled with...... I'm gonna get banned again if I keep this up.

no, please continue

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#72 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

nintendos games have mostly cartoony artstyle...

the flopstation3 and 360 aim for realistic graphics.

the hardware inside the wiiu is more advanced than those systems though.

Only slightly more "raw-power" though, if any. Pathetic lack of internal storage, only 1GB of RAM - merely 2x last gen. When comparing the PS3/360, it is only advanced in terms of "efficiency". There has yet to be a game that really jumps out as not being possible (performance wise) on PS3/360.

Of course the PS4 and XB1 also went for efficient designs (with Tablet CPU), but at least they didn't go to the extreme cheapness off the Wii-U - offering 8GB of RAM and somewhat decent GPU. At least they are somewhat respectable. Wii-U is not, it was a failure from it's conception.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Lulu_Lulu

@lostrib

I'm trying but I'm just too tired.... People are always gonna bicker over pieces of plastic just like I'm always gona slander RPGs..... Its best not to fight it anymore. Just let it happen.....

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#77 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Really, stop. The Wii U is stronger than last gen platforms. End of story.

What's with this obsession you have with Wii U? It can't be healthy.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 lostrib

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

Really, stop. The Wii U is stronger than last gen platforms. End of story.

What's with this obsession you have with Wii U? It can't be healthy.

he's trying to take the spotlight off the X1's faults

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 no-scope-AK47

@2Chalupas said:

@KBFloYd said:

nintendos games have mostly cartoony artstyle...

the flopstation3 and 360 aim for realistic graphics.

the hardware inside the wiiu is more advanced than those systems though.

Only slightly more "raw-power" though, if any. Pathetic lack of internal storage, only 1GB of RAM - merely 2x last gen. When comparing the PS3/360, it is only advanced in terms of "efficiency". There has yet to be a game that really jumps out as not being possible (performance wise) on PS3/360.

Of course the PS4 and XB1 also went for efficient designs (with Tablet CPU), but at least they didn't go to the extreme cheapness off the Wii-U - offering 8GB of RAM and somewhat decent GPU. At least they are somewhat respectable. Wii-U is not, it was a failure from it's conception.

Sheep don't wanna hear that Nintendo gets a free pass. Nintendo has the worst next gen console by far across the board. The only thing the wii u has going for it is a couple exclusives. Even the exclusives are nothing to write home about IMO.

When the ps4 is over 5x stronger but cost only 100 bucks more that IMO is a huge problem. When the wii u has no 3rd party support that is a huge problem. When the wii u has the worst online that is a huge problem. When the wii u has the least features by far that is a huge problem. When the exclusives that the wii u has are over 20 years old that gets old real fast. When the wii u's best looking games could pass for last gen games that is a huge problem ......ect

But hey it's Nintendo so look past all the problems and play Zelda number what 18 or 19 lol

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Lulu_Lulu

@no-scope-AK47

You're misinformed.... actually where do you even get your information from ?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By lostrib

@XboxStache said:

@lostrib said:

@XboxStache said:

Typical response. A fucking meme. You still have no games.

Really? My steam library seems to contradict that statement

Multiplats. The good portion of your Steam library. PC gaming. The shitty portion.

Sorry, when did multiplats stop counting as games?

Please, show us your gaming library and lets determine what portion is multiplats

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: Making jokes about that is a no-go, take a day off and chill out. You're crossing the line into disruptive/spammy behavior lately.

Okay, now...

@lostrib & @XboxStache, guys, if you hover over old quotes after quoting, a very quick acting delete bar appears, use it. The floated rules thread clearly states that quote pyramids greater than four are not allowed. It's disruptive and it makes actually browsing threads needlessly difficult. Please stop it.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@XboxStache said:

Omitting DK tropical Freeze and SM3D?...yeah...troll bait...

Really?

Wii U

XBOX 360:

PS3:

You're comparing games with completely different art styles, mario is not meant to look realistic, its meant to be cartoony and simple. uncharted 3 is meant to look as realistic as possible, same for forza. The wii u doesn't really have any realistic styled games for you to compare, maybe mass effect 3 and zombie U.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 lostrib

@Randolph said:

@Lulu_Lulu: Making jokes about that is a no-go, take a day off and chill out. You're crossing the line into disruptive/spammy behavior lately.

Okay, now...

@lostrib & @XboxStache, guys, if you hover over old quotes after quoting, a very quick acting delete bar appears, use it. The floated rules thread clearly states that quote pyramids greater than four are not allowed. It's disruptive and it makes actually browsing threads needlessly difficult. Please stop it.

Sorry, I usually try to clean up my quote chains. Forgot the official rule is 4, I'll keep it in mind

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

You're using a pretty flawed comparison. For one a lot of WiiU games are cartoon driven 60 frame per second titles which limits their visual impact and you showed a picture of Bayonetta 1 not 6. Forza doesn't look like those screen shots at all either. Smash bros is also 1080p which none of the games you picked do at 60FPS. Also using Quantum Dream Games which are extremely limited in control is sort of misleading. Halo 3 doesn't have a stable framerate and Alan Wake is sub HD. Best looking console game imo is Uncharted 3 and those pictures make it look way more flattering than it actually is in person.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#98  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44604 Posts

possibly, but I didn't get a Wii U because of power versus that of the MS and Sony consoles, I got it because it was the next in line console and I got it mainly to have access to Nintendo IPs

power isn't so much a consideration with the system, that's something I weigh when considering an X1 or PS4, when it comes to considering the future of multiplats on either system

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 no-scope-AK47

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@no-scope-AK47

You're misinformed.... actually where do you even get your information from ?

Ok I will bite misinformed how ??

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

Oh and that first pic is of Bayonetta (Xbox 360), not Bayonetta 2. (Wii U)