Wii all (finally) agree the Wii u is dead right?

• 135 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By TigerSuperman

Poll Wii all (finally) agree the Wii u is dead right? (136 votes)

Yes, it's dead, tracking below saturn, may not even reach that number sold through by 2016. 51%
No, it still has a chance to turn it around. 49%

The Wii u is an interesting story and all the mistakes have been talked about to death, but there are STILL people, yes, STILL people who say they can turn things around. people don't see to realize how dire the situation the Wii U physically and financially.

The Wii U HAD been tracking behind the gamecube for awhile, and while people still say that, saying it now seems more like DC for the Wii u. It ended up tracking behind the Dreamcast and got to the point of tracking behind the Saturn. It's actually a wonder if the Wii u will sell 2 million units before the next console which will likely be announced (and drown out whatever few Wii u sales there are ) in 2016.

not only that, they still can't reduce the price/ditch the gamepad/make a separate sku without the gamepad/go the multi game bundle route becauswe they literally have no more options unless they have a chance at a risk having a decent chance of success.

The Wii U's 2013 was pretty bad after the initial succes. People think it picked up now, and I have no idea why people are saying that, with a barrage of popular entries in FP franchisees, remakes, a ton of indies, and of course, Bundles, they literally made their 2014 year pretty much track almost even. it Slightly went up year over year and this was the Halo 3 of the Wii U's life going by games, deals, bundles etc.

The holiday sales were actually 'worse' than last holidays (going by GFK and NPD anyway) overall, and that also came with their Super Smash Bros push. Nitnendo literally has no other moves, you could say that they could cut the price and take the risk for market share, but the Wii u is still a money vacuum. They could barely have any black Friday deals. it's why those refurbished units for $200 kept selling out. But you know Nintendo cannot afford to use that price on sku's on the street. But it shows that a price drop at around $250 but mostly $199 is Nintendos only way of getting the market share, but they would lose triple the money. That bet is insane, and it's already too late for them to make it. If it was sometime last year (well, 2013) or maybe, maybe, early early, 2014, then maybe. But right now the lossese have piled up and then already wasted all their potential market reviving games. So they can no longer take a risk, because now they will be taking more losses without the ability to claim they grabbed back lost market share.

The only thing Nintendo has left outside of a couple new Ips, is a sequel to Xenoblade, Zelda, Firefox, and maybe a few other unknowns in 2015. Already we have tons of Mario, 2 Zelda, a couple original games, Pikmins revival, a bunch of family games, Super Smash bros. Mario Kart, a Kirby (if not mistaken), Donkey kong, etc. I mean what do they have to increase 2015 over 2014? or even stay with it in pace (even barely)?

So now you got one other excuse, the 3DS can cover it. and the answer is simple. no it can't. The 3DS isn't doing that well outside Japan, and 3DS had quite a few of the Wii U's mistakes as well (name a little, promise of western games, than dropping them after the first few, price, game selection, etc.) and they cut that 3DS price in desperation (and they needed to because without a portable support the Nintendo would be losing money on all fronts, that among other things) and because of that was able to get marketshare at the expense of taking losses for awhile.

In comparison, the GBA was launched outdated as most nintendo handhelds, with a low price tag, high attach rate, cheap games, and was printing money. The Gamecube while a disaster, was able to be recovered by the GBA's profits, which amde it so that the Gamecube could go into firesale status after they had stopped shipments for poor sales. Still not much profits but they avoided heavy casualties.

the 3DS can not do this, it's barely a player itself, it does not "print money" as people keep saying. in japan yeah sure, otherwise, uh no, not the way the people saying it keep implying.

Well tiger, what about the Amiibo they say? AMIIBO? Well there's this theory that it's making Nintendo a lot of money when in reality all it has done is maybe cover some Wii u losses and their questionable strategy of low shipments to inflate demand are a litt uh, weird.

Now i will say Amiibo, among one other thing, is was actually put out to try and get nintendo into another pot. Which they really do need. I also think it will be an important part of the new console and was only really put out now to try and prevent any issues from the 3DS and Wii u sales not reaching expectations. But the lack of implementation also makes it 100% clear that outside of making some extra profits, Amiibo won't be helping make it possible to drop the Wii U $100 or so dollars, or to cover all of their losses, or even really to move much hardware. As shown during the holidays. unless DEC NPD and GFK have surprise numbers we don't see.

I mean i still don't see how anyone could think they can turn it around. Wii u is not moving and is already being taken off the shelves or barely mentioned in multiple countries, people keep thinking it will turn around to be profitable, uh, no it won't and when the new console comes out you're going to have wasted unsold SKu's probably buy backs (which has already happened) and of course other issue. heck the Wii u's struggling to sstay on shelves cost nintendo money. So wtf is this magical turn around supposed to come from?

I mean people even think the Wii U will somehow reach near the gamecube numbers or still have a chance to reach it. The Wii U's going take, if it makes it at all in 2015, to reach 10 million sold through by the last few months of 2015. and that's assuming it reached 10 million sold-through.

I don't know if I'm missing anything but i hope I painted a concrete picture. The nest console will have to start out with a console with cut and declining marketshare. Even the gamcube picked up. Hell people look at Xbox one and PS4 and see pick up, and good sales, the Wii U is literally dead with no hope and all it's cards played. I believe another shipping restriction like the gamecube would be the better option. Well, then again Amiibo may be able to at least help make Wii U's occupy space to create the illusion of sales to casuals in stores. Although it's not really working to well currently hmm...

• 
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

I don't remember anyone saying it's not dead around here recently

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6609 Posts

I'm not gonna read this shit. Wii U is in 3rd place in sales and it will stay that way for this gen. But just like their other low selling systems (Gamecube and N64) it will dish out memorable and amazing games.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I disagree. Wiiu is the best console out there. People are still of the believe that they bought two extremely powerful consoles in the X1 and PS4. Within this coming year PC will be using all the same assets, new cards will come out and down in price, all the while the x1 and ps4 will be playing all the multiplatform games at far less visual fidelity and speed. I'm not referring to how it is now. I do think PS4 has the best looking games at the moment, but this time will pass to the point where nobody argues it anymore. People will catch on and a large portion of console gamers will venture to pc when they realize that--in this future time--building one that demolishes the consoles will be not much more than 100 dollars.

With that said, WiiU will pick up sales. Nothing replaces quality game design, and you need to buy a nintendo console for their games. After these X1/PS4 fanboys venture to pc, Nintendo will be prepping their next console and the sony/ms customers will have already made a platform switch to pc--all while still finding value in Nintendos products.

Numbers don't show it but MS/Sony are working a short term plan. They have been creating an overall animosity around the entire industry. 3rd parties have control over them. People that buy Playstation and Xbox are unknowingly 3rd party market fanboys--they are hypocritical people complaining about the very things that they pay for. People catch on, eventually though.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

It has more life than Vita which actually means life in Latin. So yeah.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#5 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

@p3anut said:

I'm not gonna read this shit. Wii U is in 3rd place in sales and it will stay that way for this gen. But just like their other low selling systems (Gamecube and N64) it will dish out memorable and amazing games.

Pretty much. Literally nobody (okay, that is a stretch) would have cared about those systems if it weren't for N64 getting games like Smash Bros or anything by Rare and for the GameCube getting Melee, Mario Kart, and Pikmin.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#6 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Who cares

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

All I care about are dem games.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Dead how? It's still selling and it's still getting new games.

Not sure what you are trying to get at here. Anyone with a few brain cells can admit it's still alive. Maybe not kicking, but it's alive and it's profitable.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#9 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Can Wii all agree this is a terrible thread?

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

@Heirren said:

I disagree. Wiiu is the best console out there. People are still of the believe that they bought two extremely powerful consoles in the X1 and PS4. Within this coming year PC will be using all the same assets, new cards will come out and down in price, all the while the x1 and ps4 will be playing all the multiplatform games at far less visual fidelity and speed. I'm not referring to how it is now. I do think PS4 has the best looking games at the moment, but this time will pass to the point where nobody argues it anymore. People will catch on and a large portion of console gamers will venture to pc when they realize that--in this future time--building one that demolishes the consoles will be not much more than 100 dollars.

With that said, WiiU will pick up sales. Nothing replaces quality game design, and you need to buy a nintendo console for their games. After these X1/PS4 fanboys venture to pc, Nintendo will be prepping their next console and the sony/ms customers will have already made a platform switch to pc--all while still finding value in Nintendos products.

Numbers don't show it but MS/Sony are working a short term plan. They have been creating an overall animosity around the entire industry. 3rd parties have control over them. People that buy Playstation and Xbox are unknowingly 3rd party market fanboys--they are hypocritical people complaining about the very things that they pay for. People catch on, eventually though.

Yep just like last gen right?

You're whole post revolves around nonsense hallucination of some world where the Wii U has some way of picking up sales.

1. Like last gen right? When PC's were powerful by a large margin. or waht about 3 gens before that when PC's were very far ahead of consoles? When PC's just started becoming powerful to (then) other computers? They had high sales and thigns were booming yet did not touch the consoles. When did the PC being powerful ever have to do with console sales somehow going to nintendo?

2. Quality if subjective. heck you contradict your own statements anyway with the whole PC, but this just makes even less sense. People think CODAW has Quality game design are you saying they are wrong? I'm almost sure at this point, unless your nuts this is a troll post, if so hmmm not bad, but way too crazy.

3. The same short-term plan for the last decade and some change/ That's a pretty short-term plan. the real short-term plan was thinking of sitting ont he Wii, it died, and still think there was momentum, when there was not, nintedo came up with a short-term plan of a lackluster launch that would have, if there was any, backed by the momentum of the Wii, and their short-term plan backfired and became a, so far, permanent short-term plan.

4. Yep all those causals buying AC and COD, and Madden (not on Wii U) because they are fanboys. With those multiplat games.

Yep either you need to be in a room, or you tried trolling to hard. Because your post is way too insane to be a normal troll.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Ah, Lems trying to kill off the Nintendo console in their make-believe world to feel better about supporting the real shit console this gen.

Good. Good. Let the butthurt flow through you. BTW, the new Zelda looks worlds better than anything announced for your dumbshitbox.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#12 deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

It's dead. May it rest in pieces...

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Dead how? It's still selling and it's still getting new games.

Not sure what you are trying to get at here. Anyone with a few brain cells can admit it's still alive. Maybe not kicking, but it's alive and it's profitable.

It's NOT profitable that's nonsense talk that does not exist.

It is not alive if sales dive down after playing all your cards and at best had kept pace with before. I may give you the word "dying" but saying it's alive barely means anything and means nothing the way you say it. getting new games means nothing either, dead systems got new games before.

@charizard1605 said:

Who cares

Apparently You did quite a few times.

@funsohng said:

It has more life than Vita which actually means life in Latin. So yeah.

Which is a handheld.

@MonsieurX said:

I don't remember anyone saying it's not dead around here recently

Well a couple just came out now.

@nintendoboy16 said:

@p3anut said:

Pretty much. Literally nobody (okay, that is a stretch) would have cared about those systems if it weren't for N64 getting games like Smash Bros or anything by Rare and for the GameCube getting Melee, Mario Kart, and Pikmin.

N64 sold around 10 million on hype alone what are you talking about? (in the U.S.) It still would have done decent (and covered by the gameboy) without those games.

Gamecube ehhhhhhh.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

As long as human beings 8 years old or lower still exist the Wii U will always have a place. Bless them and their cute little platform games, awwwww.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

It's always been dead to me, has a reputation as a kiddie console for people who previously liked using wiimotes.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

The Wii U is going to finish in last place this generation; there is no doubt about that, but in terms of great games it sure as hell isn't dead.

My Xbox One and PS4 have mostly been collecting dust, while my Wii U gets a lot of use. It has a far better game library than the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and anybody that doesn't own one is missing out.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#17 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

It might be struggling to shift sales wise but games wise it's games have been easily the best of the 3. I got one this Christmas and it since I got it I haven't touched my PS4. I have been on my PS3 though but the Wii U game wise has been pretty good.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

I plan on buying one this year.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Still selling..so not dead..it is 3rd place though...don't think anyone in SW will/are saying it will overtake PS4. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@TigerSuperman said:

@Heirren said:

Yep just like last gen right?

You're whole post revolves around nonsense hallucination of some world where the Wii U has some way of picking up sales.

1. Like last gen right? When PC's were powerful by a large margin. or waht about 3 gens before that when PC's were very far ahead of consoles? When PC's just started becoming powerful to (then) other computers? They had high sales and thigns were booming yet did not touch the consoles. When did the PC being powerful ever have to do with console sales somehow going to nintendo?

2. Quality if subjective. heck you contradict your own statements anyway with the whole PC, but this just makes even less sense. People think CODAW has Quality game design are you saying they are wrong? I'm almost sure at this point, unless your nuts this is a troll post, if so hmmm not bad, but way too crazy.

3. The same short-term plan for the last decade and some change/ That's a pretty short-term plan. the real short-term plan was thinking of sitting ont he Wii, it died, and still think there was momentum, when there was not, nintedo came up with a short-term plan of a lackluster launch that would have, if there was any, backed by the momentum of the Wii, and their short-term plan backfired and became a, so far, permanent short-term plan.

4. Yep all those causals buying AC and COD, and Madden (not on Wii U) because they are fanboys. With those multiplat games.

Yep either you need to be in a room, or you tried trolling to hard. Because your post is way too insane to be a normal troll.

The difference between this gen and last gen is that the two consoles were actually pretty top of the line. The ps3 Launched at 600 dollars but if I remember correctly it cost more than 800 to manufacture. Also, the pc building process has become far more simplified than in the past--it is basically just plug and play. There's a curve but most people feel overwhelmed until they realize how simple a process is. Then there's the factor of PC getting basically ALL 3rd party games, cheaper, and in better form. AND THEN there's the part where these two console manufacturers are paying 3rd party developers for exclusivity deals--yet it is only between the consoles as pc seems to be the exception to whats in writing. The PC tech will grab the techie gamers that poke fun at Nintendos last two underpowered machines.

I don't know if you grasped what I said because some of your response is completely out of hand.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5249 Posts

No. It has a chance to turn around.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

@ten_pints said:

It's always been dead to me, has a reputation as a kiddie console for people who previously liked using wiimotes.

That makes no sense because the majority of the casuals who owned the Wii didn't buy the Wii U. It only has a "reputation as a kiddie console" with fanboys and trolls. Do you fit in to that category?

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

It was dead after its first year, I traded mine in and bought a bunch of classic GC games, so now the Wii is my go to local multiplayer console with Wii and GC games.

MarkAndExecute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MarkAndExecute
Member since 2012 • 450 Posts

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you say. In the eyes of the majority of the world, Nintendo is irrelevant. Everybody talks about either Playstation or Xbox. Embrace it. Out with the old and in with the new.

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#25 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

@Heirren: The thing his, Nintendo's games are fun and you can replay them while most PS3 game I've played are a one-playthrough-never-play-it-again because they,re way too much to be Micheal Bay-ish

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

Nah. Vita is dead. If it wasn't stillborn, Sony shot it dead with the Playstation TV.

Wii U might not be moving units, but Nintendo won't stop putting out games for it. They can't, because the moment they do, they start TRULY losing money. Plus, anyone who owns a Wii U will tell you it's not about how many units they sell, it's about the games that come with the system. Always quality, always fun.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

@TigerSuperman said:

Which is a handheld.

You do know that the most successful gaming system is a handheld, right?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

Put it this way, Nintendo ain't happy with those sales numbers

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#29 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@mmmwksil: Can Nintendo keep up singlehandedly supporting the Wii U, though? Sooner or later, either the quality begins to deteriorate or Nintendo runs out of money supporting a console with next to no future growth.

As much as I like the Wii U, the current game output is just a short term fix designed to buy more time for the 3DS/Wii U successor.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

there is no chance in hell the Wii U can pull off decent numbers let alone make a comeback. If Mario couldn't do it with 3D World and Mario Kart then nothing will.

Avatar image for thegreatgeneral
TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31 TheGreatGeneral
Member since 2014 • 717 Posts

You are about a year to late for this thread.

See you next year for the xbone thread.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@Coco_pierrot:

Michael Bay-ish. I like that.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts
@hiphops_savior said:

Can Nintendo keep up singlehandedly supporting the Wii U, though? Sooner or later, either the quality begins to deteriorate or Nintendo runs out of money supporting a console with next to no future growth.

As much as I like the Wii U, the current game output is just a short term fix designed to buy more time for the 3DS/Wii U successor.

They've been doing that for a while now (arguably since the N64) and are still going "strong".

That said, I agree with what you say. But since I have no stock in the company or loyalty to them, as long as they continue to make games I enjoy, I'll keep giving them money. Can't guarantee anything beyond that.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@hiphops_savior said:

@mmmwksil: Can Nintendo keep up singlehandedly supporting the Wii U, though? Sooner or later, either the quality begins to deteriorate or Nintendo runs out of money supporting a console with next to no future growth.

Pretty sure Nintendo's loaded with money from the Wii and DS sales

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#35  Edited By GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

dead? Hardly. If you mean that it's going to lose the console war, then yeah it's going to lose. Does that mean dead to you?

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#36 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

No, it's not dead.

But thinking it'll surpass PS4 or Xbox One sales is just delusional.

At any rate it's still going to get amazing games this year.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

@Zen_Light said:

All I care about are dem games.

same here, i can't stop playing Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

it was doa

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Make a comeback? It won't be the biggest selling console this generation. But neither was N64, GCN, Dreamcast, Saturn, and many other consoles with memorable games. And in the end the company is making money, games are selling (even bayonetta 2 is around 600k copies sold so far not including DD) and they haven't been hacked. When its all said and done I think Wii U will be mentioned with the likes of the Dreamcast and GCN and have just as loyal followings.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Depending on how good Zelda U will be, we may yet buy a "dead" console.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

It's not dead, only fanboys think it's dead.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

The WiiU is great, it started off bad and I was in the whole "stuff Nintendo"gang, but now with all these amazing games from last year, the system is amazing and my faith in Nintendo has strengthened. Sales wise its pretty bad but as long as Nintendo keep a great reputation with the games it pumps out then they will never die.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

I consider it to have more of a chance than the Dudbox.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

It's not dead as long as Nintendo continues producing games for it. If anything, it's on life support.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

It's not dead, but I'm not confident in its future. While Nintendo may be pumping out games for it now, I wonder if that will be the case two years from now. I doubt Nintendo will keep making games for the system with such poor hardware sales.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

How can it be dead when it has the best game library?
Go play your sales. :')

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@JangoWuzHere said:

I doubt Nintendo will keep making games for the system with such poor hardware sales.

Solid point. It adds up, as well. Most of the recent "big releases" like 3D World and Mario Kart were already well into development since before the console even launched, most likely. If you look at other releases such as Kirby and Yoshi, it looks like the scale has been pulled way back. What you said really puts me to think even further in that Nintendo is focusing their resources on the "big" games to get them out as soon as possible, with other smaller teams working on things like Kirby, etc.

Take Miyamotos statement about "next mario may be on next platform" and all this seems very likely. A new nintendo console may come out far sooner than most people think. If Zelda comes out by next holiday, then I would not be surprised if Nintendo shows the new platform at the following e3.

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

Is nobody on this board aware of the fact that Sony are in the worst position out of all three at the moment? and I mean the whole company not just the performance of one plaform.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

It will never get out of last place this gen and I regret buying one.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

I think they have a small chance. If Nintendo keeps supporting it with games and the price eventually gets down to $150 it could start to sell in droves. Another way is they could do it is if the amiibo's go into "fad popularity mode," and they make a killer game that truly offers a unique experience rather than the afterthought they did for Smash Bros and the other upcoming games, it could take off to about 30 million lifetime at the most.