Why The Wii U Might Dominate Next Gen

• 144 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#101 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

But IOS ripoffs of console games do? .......

Jonwh18
Not really, sadly...
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#102 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

Quick, paitient is going into shock, charge up that defribillator to 500 volts.

CLEAR!!!!!!!! *ZAP*

Don't you die on me Mac, don't you quit now!! Live, live, LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!! :o

musicalmac

Is that... is that you, Adobe? Is the Wii U still a little too much on the traditional console side?..

Depends on how you define traditional? I mean it would be by 15 year old standard of traditional. But today console tradition is to be multimedia hubs, not just for games but movies, TV, music and social networks as well.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#103 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

Depends on how you define traditional? I mean it would be by 15 year old standard of traditional. But today console tradition is to be multimedia hubs, not just for games but movies, TV, music and social networks as well.

AdobeArtist
It's a packed market. We'll see how it does. It still doesn't seem to interact with my favorite things very well, yet.
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#104 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts

[Quote="GamingBolt"]

At first glace, the Wii U probably appears to be a continuation of the same short sighted philosophy that made the Wii lose steam in the end. It doesnt seem to be all that much more powerful than current generation systems. Nintendo is once again counting on using a unique controller, this time a tablet, to sell the system. How will this thing fare once the Xbox and Playstation successors hit?

Thats a fair question. The Nintendo fanboys age old response to the power question when it comes to consoles is that its the games that matter, not the power of the system. But as this generation has conclusively proven, the games wont come until the system is powerful enough to support them, and this leaves us asking the question- will the Wii U find itself similarly dwarfed by the Xbox and Playstation successors when they launch, so that it becomes the next generations Wii? Will third parties, all of which seem to be quite eager to support Nintendos system for now, drop it like a rock because it will be too weak?charizard1605

With Unreal Engine 4, Epic themselves stated that the engine will be highly and fully scalable to all devices, including mobile devices. If mobile devices can run Unreal 4, then the Wii U can too, although it probably cant support the full feature set. What this means is, third parties can basically put their games as they are on the Wii U, disable the high end physics and graphics setting that the Wii U probably cannot handle, and just sell it on the Wii U for minimal cost, with a minimal amount of copies sold required to even break even. Yes, the Xbox 3 and PS4 versions will most probably be superior but the Gamecube and Xbox versions of multiplat games were always superior to PS2 versions, and that never mattered. As long as the Wii U is getting all the games, its in the race, even if it lacks some of the high end finesse said games will have on the other systems.GamingBolt

Of course, now this brings us to the killer question: yes, the Wii U can run scaled down versions of next gen games. Yes, the online and control scheme arent an issue. But why would you buy a Wii U in the first place to play inferior versions of games, when you can just go to the next Xbox or Playstation instead, and also keep all your friends lists and achievements intact while you are at it?

Why indeed. Because Nintendo is using the same technique Sony used with PS2 to get a headstart, thats why. Because even if you arent interested in Nintendos first party, they are making sure you will want to buy a Wii U anyway, to play a third party developed game that appeals to your sensibilities, that will be available only on the Wii U. From Rayman Legends, the sequel to last years breakout hit Rayman Origins, to Day-Z inspired Wii U exclusive survival horror ZombiU, from mass action title The Wonderful 101, to Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and finally, Bayonetta 2, the ultra violent, super sexed up sequel to one of this generations most hardcore games, whatever that means, all of which are only available on the Wii U youll probably end up buying one, if only to play these games.

GamingBolt

Where does that leave us? The Wii U is launching at least a year before any of its competitors. It has a fully traditional control scheme, as well as the hook to sell it to the casuals. It has all the Just Dances and Wii Fits of the world, in addition to core third party support, both exclusive and multiplatform, from Rayman, ZombiU and Bayonetta to Call of Duty and Assassins Creed. It has the formidable backing of Nintendos first party. It has a full featured online suite. Its just powerful enough to support any and all kinds of games.GamingBolt
Read the complete article here.

What do you guys think? Do you think the Wii U is indeed the 'perfect storm?' Do you think that, if handled right, it could become the go to system next generation, if only on the basis of its library?

You abandoned us with the Wii U Hype Thread :(
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#105 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
You abandoned us with the Wii U Hype Thread :(TheDidact
4000+ posts, its time had come.
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts
[QUOTE="TheDidact"]You abandoned us with the Wii U Hype Thread :(charizard1605
4000+ posts, its time had come.

Resquiet en Pace :(
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#107 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Wii U will just be another outdated system that people only buy for Nintendo's 1st party, which would be better on the other more powerful systems. I do not care if it dominates or not, but by the look of it, it seems like it's going to be a big disappointment.

I don't know how the sheep faction can just keep being so tolerant of this, the Wii was not a good system all things considered, what does the Wii U offer? More 1st party? That is all Nintendo only has going for them.

Where is this supposed great online infastructure? Where are these next gen graphics? Where is this new 3rd party support? All I see is crappy friend codes again, current gen graphics, and multiplats I can already play on my PS3 and 360.

So what does the Wii U offer me? Just Zelda and Mairo and some other 1st party games and that's it. I think Nintendo will have a harder time winning consumers over again.

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#108 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

Nice editorial Char.

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts

PC VS Wii U The battle between gods!!!!

desktop-alienware-x51-designtab-pdp-5.jp Vs n01.jpg

NoodleFighter
I'm on the side of both. :) Win-win situation for me IMO.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#110 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
Wiiu already has 15 million pre orders. It already is dominating.
psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

Wiiu already has 15 million pre orders. It already is dominating.Heirren

15M? You're having a laugh?

sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts

I don't know if it will "dominate", but it will sure as hell be successful.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Wiiu already has 15 million pre orders. It already is dominating.Heirren
15 million? Wha
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#114 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

i believe wii u will dominate not only based off sellouts already but ---- history , they say history tends to repeat it self ,

and lets look at what happened with nes to snes ps1 to ps2 ,

they succeeded the ps2 launched early and sold well the wii on the other end of the fence came out later and sold alot

i think wii u is going to be the same runaway if not close to , that of the wii or snes,

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
[QUOTE="Heirren"]Wiiu already has 15 million pre orders. It already is dominating.charizard1605
15 million? Wha

Estimation, but what I mean to really say is that I don't think the pre sale selling out is some kind of purposeful system shortage.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

[QUOTE="FireEmblem_Man"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]Let's be honest here, western developers haven never really given two sh*t's about handheldsShinobishyguy

Western developers never really give two sh*ts to Nintendo in general.....

Sad but true. Outside of shovelware and licenced movie games they tend to avoid nintendo like the plague.

Like, 90% of all the good games on the DS came from Japanese devs.

Hopefully that will change with the WiiU. Japan itself is (finally) adopting Western games instead of stubbornly sticking to it's own. Ubisoft has already given a huge presence on the WiiU and a lot of the games on WiiU that are multiplats actually look a lot better (Aliens utilising the tablet as a motion scanner)

I'm glad Nintendo is no longer ignoring the 3rd party. You can play Nintendo games for only so long

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22423 Posts
Still debating whether to get a Wii U... I loved the Gamecube, then bought a Wii and have never been so disappointed. I'm hoping the Wii U heads back in the right direction (it definitely seems to be an improvement over the Wii).
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts

I honestly think it will be a repeat of this gen. WiiU being the weak kid on the block, PS4/X720 being the gym freaks always trying to build up muscle, and the PC being the bodybuilder of the bunch.:cool:

caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#119 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts

Wii u could be stronger tehn the ps4 and xbxo 720.It is not weaker or on par with the hd twins.It is to early to judge since the wii u has not reached its potential.

[spoiler] Also it will be more likely since sony is in to much financial trouble to make a really strong system and microsoft is going casual [/spoiler]

free_milk
Won't happen. Sony and MS consoles will not be weaker than a 1 GB console.
emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

The only I.P. from Nintendo that still interests me is Star Fox. I'm not going to pay $350 just to play the same multiplats that I can get on my PS3. It will do well as long as it continues to have solid third party support. Though, I don't think it will take #1 spot this time around.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts
[QUOTE="free_milk"]

Wii u could be stronger tehn the ps4 and xbxo 720.It is not weaker or on par with the hd twins.It is to early to judge since the wii u has not reached its potential.

[spoiler] Also it will be more likely since sony is in to much financial trouble to make a really strong system and microsoft is going casual [/spoiler]

caseypayne69
Won't happen. Sony and MS consoles will not be weaker than a 1 GB console.

4GB minimum.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#122 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I don't see the Wii U selling that much at launch. I do see it becoming a real big success over time.
Though from the latest reports it could actually be selling a lot at launch and that could be explained. I mean this generation has been dragging on for a while (except on PC :D).

I do see that Nintendo is the only one out of the 3 or potentially 4 (Valve) who has a sustainable console strategy. I may want to make a new thread about that. The others are slowly making themself obsolete.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#123 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41597 Posts

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

That is all well and good, but I (and most others) buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games. The Wii was simply a letdown for the first party lineup. Nintendo needs to prove to me that they can still make Zelda and Metroid right. if not, I just don't care. I think I know the answer too. Get rid of Miyamoto.

Shinobishyguy

What the hell?

Miyamoto hasn't directed Zelda and Metroid in years. Why are you suddenly demonizing the man :?

He isn't the only one. Several other gamers and bloggers (Sean Malstrom in particular) have been doing it for years.
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
pretty dumb article haha. comparing PS4 will be nothing like with PS2,the graphics downgrade will amazingly worse if they even bother to port to wiiu.
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
Its Nintendo... nothing will change. It may sell well at first (worst than wii) but doesn't mean its worth a purchase. Wii was selling millions and it was a joke back then and still is now. When true next gen is out every1 but sheep will forget WiiU even exited for anything else but laugh at and Mario 583.
FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#126 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

ah... a PC master race God came down from heaven to chat with commoners...

we're sorry the wiiU is not different enough for you my king.

musicalmac

lol, the problem with SW is people assume to know more than he or she reasonably does.

You look silly, KB. Do your homework.

I'm guessing you're waiting for the next Apple TV that will play Appstore games with your iPad 3 connectivity?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#127 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

'Dominate' and 'most power' have almost never co-existed together in the console arena.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#128 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

pretty dumb article haha. comparing PS4 will be nothing like with PS2,the graphics downgrade will amazingly worse if they even bother to port to wiiu.killzowned24
So you know just what the engine is capable of? Didn't think so. With a year's head start, a cheaper price and first & third party exclusives it just might be able to pull it off. PS4 might end up being another Vita.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"]Dont care personally. It could sell 200 million units and have 40+ AAA exclusives, I wont be buying it. PopeReal

Sig worthy.

I think the Wii has over 60 titles that made the spreadsheets and i hate it so, sig away.
StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

The Wii benefited from being the "it" electronic device that caught the eye of the non-traditional gamer. I don't see that happening with the Wii U.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
[QUOTE="PopeReal"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"]Dont care personally. It could sell 200 million units and have 40+ AAA exclusives, I wont be buying it. Heil68

Sig worthy.

I think the Wii has over 60 titles that made the spreadsheets and i hate it so, sig away.

I understand what you mean. No matter what people say, there's a crowd of gamers that like really high end next gen hardware. Supporting the wiiu sort of nullifies the consumer want for such devices in the eyes of the industry/console developers--sort of like the people that bought Kinect just because of curiosity. On the other side though, Nintendo tends to still produce that complete game and treads the digital route very carefully. They know it is dangerous territory in regards to the health of the industry. I do think wiiu will be successful. Dominating? It may sell the most and remain relevant along with the other, but once people see that generational leap with ps4 I can see them adopting another platform, as well.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

I wish I lived in the world that you fanboys live in.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#133 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

I might of actually bought this had it been a significant step up in power from the PS3 and 360. Alas, Nintendo had to be p*ssies... again. I like my next gen consoles to actually be, you know, NEXT GEN. Nintendo are such flippen morons.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

I wish I lived in the world that you fanboys live in.

Chris_Williams
You already do, perhaps more than most people in this thread.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

I highly doubt it'll happen.

It'll be like Dreamcast, except supported heavily by 1st party Nintendo games, bizzare quirky 3rd party games and still selling, though NOT like hotcakes like the Wii. Almost all major 3rd party developers will support it in the first few years, after that, almost all developers will either simply abandon it or create more uninteresting half-ass games no core gamer gives a rat's ass about.

Also, it's like fall of 1999. Project Dolphin, PS2, and Rumored XBOX were all mentioned while the Dreamcast was flying off shelves........at the end of that year, people were holding off or skeptical in buying a Dreamcast and would rather see what the PS2, GC or XBOX had in store, more so people were interested in PS2. And we all know what happened there.

Not saying WiiU will die like the DC. But gamers tend to have that "holding off" mentality before splurging on an upcomging console. Like the Dreamcast. The problem with Nintendo and WiiU is core gamers HEAVILY associated big 3rd party games towards MS and Sony consoles and it'll be a tough fight for Nintendo to win back that core gaming demographic.

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts
I don't think the nextbox and PS4 are going to be as quite a huge spec leap as everyone believes. Alot of complaints went out about the Wii U being too pricey at $350 and considering the "new" ps3 super slim is priced at $300. if the next gen specs that every one wants comes out then we're looking at a price of $600 for a few years, which means not a whole lot of people are going to be picking them up until the price drops. So that gives The Wii U plenty of time to rule the market and by the time enough of the nextboxes and Ps4s are sold to flip it around, Nintendo will be coming around the bend to Drop another console to repeat the cycle and take the lead again.
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

I don't think the nextbox and PS4 are going to be as quite a huge spec leap as everyone believes. Alot of complaints went out about the Wii U being too pricey at $350 and considering the "new" ps3 super slim is priced at $300. if the next gen specs that every one wants comes out then we're looking at a price of $600 for a few years, which means not a whole lot of people are going to be picking them up until the price drops. So that gives The Wii U plenty of time to rule the market and by the time enough of the nextboxes and Ps4s are sold to flip it around, Nintendo will be coming around the bend to Drop another console to repeat the cycle and take the lead again. Sphensen

Really?

PS3 looks better than wiiu NOW and is years old,haha. Also, your pricing if off, you can get the Assassins Creed 3 500GB bundle for $300.

Brawlbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Brawlbro
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="Sphensen"]I don't think the nextbox and PS4 are going to be as quite a huge spec leap as everyone believes. Alot of complaints went out about the Wii U being too pricey at $350 and considering the "new" ps3 super slim is priced at $300. if the next gen specs that every one wants comes out then we're looking at a price of $600 for a few years, which means not a whole lot of people are going to be picking them up until the price drops. So that gives The Wii U plenty of time to rule the market and by the time enough of the nextboxes and Ps4s are sold to flip it around, Nintendo will be coming around the bend to Drop another console to repeat the cycle and take the lead again. killzowned24

Really?

PS3 looks better than wiiu NOW and is years old,haha. Also, your pricing if off, you can get the Assassins Creed 3 500GB bundle for $300.

You're kidding me, right? I'm STILL looking at comparisons for the Wii U and PS3. This is what I notice: The Wii U detail level in every screenshot that I've seen, much higher than the dusty old PS3. Needless to say, that is also comparing the fact that the Wii U is not even out yet, but the PS3 has been out for 6 years this November. People are familiar with the PS3 now, but we're just discovering Wii U's potential...barely! I helped a friend buy a practically state of the art PC earlier this year, and with it's 16 GB of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 560 2GB, Quad-core processor of 3.2 GHz, and HD monitor I'm noticing just about as good of a quality image coming from Nintendo. Besides, the next XBox and PS can be easily replaced with a newer computer; Unless you want to break the law, you can't play Mario or Zelda, two amazingly successful franchises, on your computer. People should really be more respectful of the Big N. Without them, video games would have died off a LONG time ago.
darkdude2k12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 darkdude2k12
Member since 2011 • 874 Posts

This thread is a no-no.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

I think the Wii was a gimick device that sold 30-40% of it's units to non-traditional gamers; who will not be repeat customers because they have moved on to Samsung Galaxy 3s, iPhone 5s, iPads, and the like.

So, would selling 30-40 million Wii-Us be a failure for Nintendo?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#141 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41597 Posts

I think the Wii was a gimick device that sold 30-40% of it's units to non-traditional gamers; who will not be repeat customers because they have moved on to Samsung Galaxy 3s, iPhone 5s, iPads, and the like.

So, would selling 30-40 million Wii-Us be a failure for Nintendo?

StormyJoe

Depending on what they're expecting, but if N64 is any indication... yes.

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

It will dominate in sales, but everything else it will be the laughing stock. LOL "next gen" console cant't run a call of duty game in full 1080p.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#143 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I think this article sort've goes with this thread.

Interview with Unity's CEO

Wii U will support the Unity platform, and the companys CEO David Helgason has explained to VG247 that the engine will be brought in-house at Nintendo for all of its first-party studios to use, as well as its third-party partners. Helgason has also explained that the deal will give the Unity community free reign to develop titles for Wii U.

Speaking with VG247, Helgason explained how the deal with Nintendo came about, stating that Unity approached them five years earlier as well as Sony but it was not a big enough industry player at the time.

Helgason said, Its actually been a dream of ours to be the default development kit for something you can access if youre just building games for a particular console. I remember we pitched the idea to at last Nintendo, but also Sony maybe five years ago, but of course back then we were a tiny company, and we didnt have a lot of users.

So, it was understandable that they didnt bite back then, Helgason continued, although I think they should have, because the tools were really good back then, but they werent yet proven. We didnt have 1.2 million registered users, or 200,000 monthly users back then we probably had closer to 200.

Our prowess grew very quickly thanks to the explosion of mobile, and that helped us grow our user base and improve our tools. I cant describe the exact steps we took with Nintendo, but we were in touch with them, and in the end they may have even come to us. I cant remember the exact steps.

Unity is undergoing a large push in Japan, bolstered by the hiring of ex-Sega of America CEO Shinobu Toyoda, who proved instrumental in securing a deal with Nintendo.

Helgason recalled, We were over in Japan last year with our really good tech people who are famous in the Japanese industry, such as Shinobu Toyoda, who was the American CEO of Sega. He is very well connected. So we led the charge on this partnership we were excited about it, as were Nintendo.

From then on we negotiated a bunch of stuff, like who would do what and when. I think its interesting because were still working on tools that mean you can take a version of Unity and export it to the Wii U. Its not done yet, but we know its going to get done soon.

Helgason also explained the manner in which Nintendo will use Unity, and revealed that the company plans on rolling the engine out to all of its first and third-party studios to create a standard of cost-effective, powerful development.

Its going well, Helgason explained, and were firing along with the project. Once thats done, two things will happen, and these are separate things, but I think they are connected and they will work really well together.

One thing is that Nintendo will take Unity tools that we give them, and bring it to their big ecosystem of studios. Nintendo has first-party, third-party and all of the other studios that theyve worked with for years, and they know them well.

They trust them because they know how to make awesome games for Nintendo platforms. Historically, none of these companies were using Unity, and they have the same challenges as everybody else cost effective development and all that stuff.

So Nintendo is bringing Unity to these studios so they can build with it. The second thing that will happen is that, we turn around with the same tools and technology were working on, and take them to our community, which is a different one.

Nintendos community is very formidable and respected, theyve been around for a long time. We turn to our community which is new, very energetic of course we have old studios, but there are a lot of young ones too and many of them have built games for consoles before.

But many more have never built console games, or published on any console. What is exciting there is that are many studios out there that make hit games on iOS, Android or Steam, but hopefully many of these studios will be able to bring their games to Wii U, and thats just really exciting.

The deal could cause the range of Wii U titles to explode, particularly because major mobile players such as Rovio will be given free reign to develop titles for Nintendos format. Helgason shares the sentiment.

If the Wii U is and we hope it will be a big success, then that will be a big deal for a lot of those developers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
Is the online infastructure, profiling and additional features up to par though? People are heavily invested into their Xbox LIVE and PSN accounts, no ammount of "making up for lost 3rd party" is likely to change those peoples minds. The line between legacy and modern console isnt so clear-cut with persistant profile and services.